PDA

View Full Version : Something that's been bothering me... (SPOILERS)

DJ-B-Man-Jr
10-31-2013, 05:31 PM
I'm only on Sequence 3, but one thing really bothers me about Edward. In the beginning of the game, you're simply a pirate who's just lost his crew and ship. That being said, how the hell is Edward able to just pull advanced assassination and parkour techniques right out of his ***? Skills that took Ezio and Altair years to learn and master. I can understand his swordplay skill, since he's a pirate, but how does he have all the skills of an Assassin? He has Eagle Vision, he knows how to work a hidden blade perfectly, he knows how to blend, air assassinate, running assassinate, etc... Does anyone have any explanations? I really need one because this is killing my enjoyment of the game.

FrankieSatt
10-31-2013, 05:51 PM
I would assume that Kenway's heritage includes Templars and or Assassins. I can't honestly say since I'm only on Sequence 3 Mission 4 as well.

Really though, does it matter how he can do it? Maybe it will be explained later on in the game.

Assassin_M
10-31-2013, 06:05 PM
I'm only on Sequence 3, but one thing really bothers me about Edward. In the beginning of the game, you're simply a pirate who's just lost his crew and ship. That being said, how the hell is Edward able to just pull advanced assassination and parkour techniques right out of his ***? Skills that took Ezio and Altair years to learn and master. I can understand his swordplay skill, since he's a pirate, but how does he have all the skills of an Assassin? He has Eagle Vision, he knows how to work a hidden blade perfectly, he knows how to blend, air assassinate, running assassinate, etc... Does anyone have any explanations? I really need one because this is killing my enjoyment of the game.
eagle vision is not an Assassin ability that's learned. Some people are born with it. descendants of the first civilization. the entirety of Desmond's line has that ability. it's not exclusive to the Assassins.
as for everything else, how hard is it to climb something? to jump over something? it's not rocket science...Pirates or just sea farers in general climbed a lot. he SAW Duncan use the hidden blade a couple of times AND it doesn't take a genius to just work out techniques of use for the hidden blade, blending does not take a genius either...just keep a low profile and blend with people and Assassination, well like I said..he saw Duncan pull off a couple of moves and running assassination is NOT hard to make up on your own...the Assassin techniques are not exclusive to the Assassins...

Also, this has been in every game. Connor and Ezio could pull leaps of faith out of their ***, so it's just a gameplay thing. don't pay attention to it. if they removed these things at the start of the game people will whine

LoyalACFan
10-31-2013, 06:12 PM
Well, like he tells Bonnet when they get to Havana for the first time, "every finger's a fishhook". Climbing around on ships and rigging probably gave him an edge when it comes to free-running. Eagle Vision is genetic, so that's not an issue. As for the hidden blade... it's really not that complicated, is it? I mean, assuming you have one ready-made, all you have to do is flick your wrist and get to stabbin'. Remember, Ezio learned how to use his (including advanced ledge/haystack/aerial assassination techniques) in one afternoon. All it really takes is hand-eye coordination, which a sailor would have in spades.

AngryRaisin
10-31-2013, 06:38 PM
Keep playing. In Sequence 4 you will gain insight into his Eagle Vision abilities.