PDA

View Full Version : Seriously...

PaulDove
10-31-2013, 05:25 AM
I'm beyond mad right now. Let me start by saying that I don't think I would be this mad if this wasn't a good game. I was having a lot of fun with it and seeing everything that I could do, the entire time anticipating something that I saw in a review that I watched. I watched that review, and many others, because my money is important to me and I like to spend it wisely and so I did my homework and decided that the one new game I was going to purchase in months was going to be Assassins Creed Black Flag. Its like pirate meets ninjas I thought, what can go wrong? And the one thing that really got me interested was a feature where you could create your own fleet and send them out on missions, a feature that got me thinking about another game I loved when I was a kid (Final Fantasy Tactics which and a similar mechanic).

Yeah, you get where I'm going with this don't you... my Xbox isn't connected to the internet. Like at all... and even if it could my email account that my old xbox live profile used was hacked long ago and all attempts to recover my profile were lost in he said she said Microsoft customer "support" hell.

You know Ubisoft, I'm sick of this ****. I really am. None of the reviews mentioned this (which makes me think that that reviewers retreat you set up to get the early preview reviews that I based my purchase on weren't told about this little middle finger of yours to your customers). So now I have a game where every time I go into the captains quarters you might as well be sitting there giving me the finger telling me not to touch the map. I have a game where I have only two options instead of three when capturing a ship (adding to the fleet means I get nothing). You have purposely walled off a portion of your single player content behind an online requirement. AGAIN.

You did it AGAIN. Do you never LEARN!

What is with you guys....

So now I have two options, I can research your games like I'm taking a freaking exam on them before buying them to try and find out how your going to screw me over this time... or I don't buy your games. And because researching the game never turned up this little nugget before I bought it (articles revealing it came out literally hours after I forked over my money) I guess you have lost a customer. Right when I finally gave you another chance after leaving when you pulled similar **** with your always online for Silent Hunter V. EA should be giving you guys a bonus for making them look good in comparison.

But its not going to stop there. The only way I have to ensure that you are actually punished for this deceitful underhanded bull$@%* is to hit you in the wallet. So because I can't even look at this game without getting pissed off (which only causes an endless cycle of getting pissed off as I get pissed off that I am getting pissed off about thinking of playing a game that I was really enjoying until I was pissed off {bonus points if you can follow that logic}), I'm going to send this copy to Gamestop when I cool down with the Walmart AND online pass codes still in the box so that someone else who was going to buy it new, can get it used and still get all the functionality that you walled off from me... aka the guy who bought it new. I'll take the money I get from that and buy a game from a company that actually gives a damn.

Screw you guys so hard.

Krayus Korianis
10-31-2013, 07:38 AM
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Is what I read, sorry. But it's your own fault for keeping the same hacked Xbox LIVE account. Get a new one, move on, have fun with the uPlay Passport.

It really IS that simple. Also, they've NEVER walled off any SP content in previous AC games. Only this one with the fleet, which allows you OR your friends to help with (which is what we call Multi-Player, which is what the uPlay Passport is about).

PaulDove
10-31-2013, 07:44 AM
Right, except my Xbox isn't hooked up to the internet so there goes that idea. And I'm not going to go jumping through... you know what screw it. Why feed the trolls.

Krayus Korianis
10-31-2013, 08:03 AM
Yea, I'm a trolll when you're the one getting way too upset over something that isn't even a bother. Hey, you bought a game that has a passport for online... What's online, you may ask? Multi-Player and anything that interacts with other players, the Fleet.

I'm wondering though, HOW your PC or device gets online, if the Xbox in question can't? I mean, I'm no rocket scientist but, it's kinda easy to hook your PC up to your Xbox and use the PC as a means to allow internet to the Xbox. Heck, even Windows 7 has a utility to do just that.

PaulDove
10-31-2013, 08:05 AM
<link removed>

Krayus Korianis
10-31-2013, 08:22 AM
No thank you, I don't know where you've been.

HypeR.tgL
10-31-2013, 11:36 AM
Yea, I'm a trolll when you're the one getting way too upset over something that isn't even a bother. Hey, you bought a game that has a passport for online... What's online, you may ask? Multi-Player and anything that interacts with other players, the Fleet.

I'm wondering though, HOW your PC or device gets online, if the Xbox in question can't? I mean, I'm no rocket scientist but, it's kinda easy to hook your PC up to your Xbox and use the PC as a means to allow internet to the Xbox. Heck, even Windows 7 has a utility to do just that.

/thread

Seriously, the only thing that gets blocked off are the online features, the single player experience is still intact, regardless.

I can't wait to enjoy the Fleet feature. :).

ProdiGurl
10-31-2013, 01:03 PM
I have substandard internet connect. speed in my area so I can't do any online MP whatsoever until they get high speed fios into my area (which I hear they may actually be doing in the future, thank God).
But I guess if you ONLY got this game for that aspect of gameplay I can see being this upset. But the more I play, the more I love the game & character. To each their own but I think there's plenty about this game that makes it worth spending your money on. I only buy a few game series the day they release & AC is one of them.

It looks to me like all gaming is going t0owards online interaction and some of us are just going to have to eat it eventually. If you have any kind of solution to changing your acct., you should do it and just enjoy the game. :)

Dutchman141
10-31-2013, 01:15 PM
I'm angry with Mazda, I don't put gas in it and now it won't run !!

SneakierNote
10-31-2013, 01:47 PM
I can understand this dudes frustration. I pay like $85.00 a month for high speed turbo broadband monthly. In general tho buddy I do not think Ubisoft or its development team for AC 4 mislead you on purpose. Now having said that you taught me something about AC 4 I DID NOT know. So we can like go online and battle our ships aginst eachother? Some one please explain this online fleet thing a little more please. One last thing the offline single player is still in my opinion well worth your money.

MRNMRSPACER
10-31-2013, 03:37 PM
i didnt even kow abuot the fleet feature,is it like sending your brotherhood out in previous games?

luckyto
10-31-2013, 03:47 PM
Dude, honestly, you spent $60 to buy a fleet management Facebook point-and-click game? Really? After all this game does, that's the deal breaker for you?

GreySkellig
10-31-2013, 03:55 PM
So that whole seven paragraphs up there basically sums out to: I don't want to pay for online service or even an internet connection, so how dare Ubisoft offer online connectivity in a game!? (Butthurt tantrum ensues)

Sooooo...online multiplayer has been around for over thirty years, and features to some extent or another in just about everything these days. It's an immensely powerful tool for gaming, and developers take advantage of that. They aren't going to limit their games by designing them for the small minority of people who--of their own volition--don't have a connection. So take your rage elsewhere, dude.

And to be honest, the Fleet is a small feature. Cool, but small. It's basically a niftier version of the global assassin contracts you could hand out to your brotherhood for the last three games; ships you capture and send to the fleet become available to send on missions like securing trade routes etc...which then play out over time, sometimes with vaguely Pokemon-esque turn-based battles. (hope that answers your question, SneakierNote). You really aren't missing that much.

luckyto
10-31-2013, 04:06 PM
I lived remotely for many years, and I deeply sympathize with content being locked without having internet access.

But in this case, it is such a tiny feature in what is an enormous and amazing game. You get more than $60 worth without the feature.

TheHumanTowel
10-31-2013, 06:31 PM
So that whole seven paragraphs up there basically sums out to: I don't want to pay for online service or even an internet connection, so how dare Ubisoft offer online connectivity in a game!? (Butthurt tantrum ensues)

Sooooo...online multiplayer has been around for over thirty years, and features to some extent or another in just about everything these days. It's an immensely powerful tool for gaming, and developers take advantage of that. They aren't going to limit their games by designing them for the small minority of people who--of their own volition--don't have a connection. So take your rage elsewhere, dude.

And to be honest, the Fleet is a small feature. Cool, but small. It's basically a niftier version of the global assassin contracts you could hand out to your brotherhood for the last three games; ships you capture and send to the fleet become available to send on missions like securing trade routes etc...which then play out over time, sometimes with vaguely Pokemon-esque turn-based battles. (hope that answers your question, SneakierNote). You really aren't missing that much.
Fleet management isn't an online multiplayer mode though you dope. It's basically AC4's version of the recruit missions in previous AC games but Ubi have decided to lock it behind an online pass. The issue is that they're blocking people from playing singleplayer content.

EvilPixieGrrr
10-31-2013, 09:39 PM
Non-constructive posts in a thread full of insults toward each other?

Closed.

Please report any feedback in the designated thread stickied at the top of the forum. Civil posts are most appreciated.

Thank you.