PDA

View Full Version : Playing Black Flag before playing AC 3

sqwear
10-30-2013, 04:23 AM
Will it ruin the story for 3 if I play Black Flag first? Like spoilers type stuff?

scooper121s
10-30-2013, 04:24 AM
Will it ruin the story for 3 if I play Black Flag first? Like spoilers type stuff?
Yes for spoilers (modern day)

sqwear
10-30-2013, 04:39 AM
Yes for spoilers (modern day)
Like super spoilers that will make playing 3 not worth it? Do the story lines link up in anyway? Dang I should have been on top of playing AC3.....smh. BTW thanks for chiming in.

guardian_titan
10-30-2013, 05:02 AM
If you play AC3 after AC4, it'll be more for Connor's story rather than the modern day.
The main thing that AC4 spoilers in regards to AC3's modern day story is Desmond's fate. Unfortunately, you can't skip viewing the aftermath of AC3 in AC4 since it's part of the modern day story. The game forces you to view the video at least once just to advance the plot. So if you don't want to know what happened, then you're better off playing AC3 first. If the modern day story doesn't matter to you, then you can play the games in either order.
Ultimately it's up to you. Technically, it makes sense from the historical point of view to play AC4 first and then AC3, but with the modern day story, it makes more sense to do the opposite. Which story matters to you more? If you're one of the ones that got bored in AC3, then watch the cutscenes on Youtube instead.

sqwear
10-30-2013, 05:40 AM
Thanks man, I think I am gonna try to blaze through 3 for the story line purpose.

LoyalACFan
10-30-2013, 07:15 AM
IMO it's not worth it to play AC3 just for the modern-day stuff. It's like one hour out of a twenty-hour game. If you're really into Desmond's story, just watch the modern day bits of AC3 on YouTube. If you're just in it for the historical stuff, go ahead and jump into ACBF and play AC3 when you get some spare time.