PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Australia fanart

Jayden26
10-30-2013, 01:44 AM
Hey guys I just found this awesome piece of AC Australian fanart, just posting this for all those who think Australia is a bad setting for an AC. http://www.gamepur.com/files/imagepicker/48/assassins-creed-4-artwork-33.jpg

Megas_Doux
10-30-2013, 01:51 AM
Looks fine!

Although I prefer other settings.....

invertedx
10-30-2013, 02:00 AM
The boomerang is the only thing "Australian" about that image, we certainly have never had architecture such as that castle ever in our short history. In fact the game would have to be set in the 20th century for their to be anything over single story architecture, even today in the outback you would rarely find anything over 3 stories.

Jayden26
10-30-2013, 02:32 AM
The boomerang is the only thing "Australian" about that image, we certainly have never had architecture such as that castle ever in our short history. In fact the game would have to be set in the 20th century for their to be anything over single story architecture, even today in the outback you would rarely find anything over 3 stories.

Shows how little you know about Australian history, and yes Australia certainly had architecture like that. Seeming as you have been here less than a month you wouldn't have seen my previous articles on what era an AC set in Australia could be held in. I personally believe an AC in Australia should be between 1795-1816.
In fact did you know Australia had several four-story buildings in the year 1810?
http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/04/53/f7/58/hyde-park-barracks-museum.jpg

Jayden26
10-30-2013, 02:41 AM
Looks fine!

Although I prefer other settings.....

Thankyou Megas-Doux, I am just trying to open peoples minds at the "possibility" of an Australian setting, just as there are dozens of other interesting time periods not yet touched upon. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_371dNfMWdyI/TJPwwWjLHxI/AAAAAAAAAVk/mexSy6MPeqo/s1600/Convict+Sydney+-+Hyde+Park+Barracks.JPG

GreySkellig
10-30-2013, 02:48 AM
In fact did you know Australia had several four-story buildings in the year 1810?

I'm gonna go ahead and say it takes more than "several four-story buildings" to make a location suitable for a game centered around largely city-based free running.

scooper121s
10-30-2013, 02:50 AM
While I'd love to see a game set in my country, I know it would not really fit in an Assassin's Creed game.

Jayden26
10-30-2013, 02:56 AM
I'm gonna go ahead and say it takes more than "several four-story buildings" to make a location suitable for a game centered around largely city-based free running.

I was merely stating that fact since the previous guy believed Australia only has one story architecture. Even so four story height is still higher then any building in AC3 and probably AC4.
Also it is worth mentioning that during the time period I have proposed, Sydney and Parramatta were both the size of Boston during AC3.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-qnA9gFDBuiY/UZBPCzj9L4I/AAAAAAAABCw/_GxJuBlDReo/s1600/Map+of+Sydney+1810-+1823.jpg

Jayden26
10-30-2013, 03:08 AM
While I'd love to see a game set in my country, I know it would not really fit in an Assassin's Creed game.
Why would it "not really fit an AC game"?
http://blackwartasmania.weebly.com/uploads/1/7/5/5/17554675/3177348.jpg?433

scooper121s
10-30-2013, 03:13 AM
http://blackwartasmania.weebly.com/uploads/1/7/5/5/17554675/3177348.jpg?433

Well I suppose it could, if the devs were creative enough, but really there is not enough... area of civilisation to make a game as open as Black Flag is :/

Jayden26
10-30-2013, 03:21 AM
Well I suppose it could, if the devs were creative enough, but really there is not enough... area of civilisation to make a game as open as Black Flag is :/

I'm not following? What do you mean not enough area of civilization? http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/73/View_of_Sydney_Cove_from_Dawes_Point_by_Joseph_Lyc ett_page74_a5491074.JPG

scooper121s
10-30-2013, 03:27 AM
I'm not following? What do you mean not enough area of civilization? http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/73/View_of_Sydney_Cove_from_Dawes_Point_by_Joseph_Lyc ett_page74_a5491074.JPG
80-90% of Australia is desert dude

Jayden26
10-30-2013, 03:32 AM
80-90% of Australia is desert dude

An AC set in Australia would not take place in central Australia it would take place in the eastern states where there are mountains, forests, rivers, etc. http://nga.gov.au/Exhibition/oceantoOutback/Images/LRG/22939.jpg

scooper121s
10-30-2013, 03:34 AM
An AC set in Australia would not take place in central Australia it would take place in the eastern states where there are mountains, forests, rivers, etc. http://nga.gov.au/Exhibition/oceantoOutback/Images/LRG/22939.jpg
Ok, that arguments been refuted...

What would your explanation on the Assassins and Templars then?

Edit: Some really nice images though :)

Megas_Doux
10-30-2013, 03:38 AM
I have wrote to jayden many times why I prefer other settings over Australia. However I think Ubisoft could pull any "Assassins/Templars" conflict anygiven time or place.

invertedx
10-30-2013, 03:50 AM

The Assassins Creed games are set around involving the player in great moments of history, the American revolution in AC3 as an example. These games work because the story ties in famous figures from history and mixes them into Ubisoft's own story. This has been the case since AC1. The problem with setting a game in colonial Australia is that the famous figures from the era are no where near on the level of a George Washington in terms of cultural relevance. We have many great figures who have shaped our country however I am sure you would agree that none of them rate high enough in world affairs to be featured in a game that is sold globally.

Jayden26
10-30-2013, 04:11 AM
The Assassins Creed games are set around involving the player in great moments of history, the American revolution in AC3 as an example. These games work because the story ties in famous figures from history and mixes them into Ubisoft's own story. This has been the case since AC1. The problem with setting a game in colonial Australia is that the famous figures from the era are no where near on the level of a George Washington in terms of cultural relevance. We have many great figures who have shaped our country however I am sure you would agree that none of them rate high enough in world affairs to be featured in a game that is sold globally.

This is technically true, but tell me how many figures from the 30 years war can you name? Or British India? Or Ancient Egypt? People know about Washington as it has been shown in movies, books, comics, games, etc by American media across the world.
This is no way lessens the importance of other figures of other countries throughout the world.
http://images.smh.com.au/2011/03/19/2241571/Bennelong-portrait-200x0.jpg

Jayden26
10-30-2013, 04:21 AM
Ok, that arguments been refuted...

What would your explanation on the Assassins and Templars then?

Edit: Some really nice images though :)

This is just a small snippet of the plot I drew out, "You start off the game fighting for the Templars and aid in the Battles of Richmond Hill and Parramatta, and assassinate Pemulwuy. Eventually during the failed Castle Hill Convict Rebellion whose Irish dissenters famously cried out "Give me Liberty or Give me Death!", the protaganist starts to have a change of heart.
No longer satisfied with being a puppet at the will of the Templars, he leads his fight against them in the Colony, of which he will play a leading role in the arrest of Governor Bligh during the Rum Rebellion"
http://www.smh.com.au/ffxImage/urlpicture_id_1077676974893_2004/02/27/nat400_vinegarhill2802,0.jpg

invertedx
10-30-2013, 04:22 AM
This is technically true, but tell me how many figures from the 30 years war can you name? Or British India? Or Ancient Egypt? People know about Washington as it has been shown in movies, books, comics, games, etc by American media across the world.
This is no way lessens the importance of other figures of other countries throughout the world.
http://images.smh.com.au/2011/03/19/2241571/Bennelong-portrait-200x0.jpg

I am embarrassed to admit that I am aware of more figures from British India & Ancient Egypt than from my own countries history.

Jayden26
10-30-2013, 04:27 AM
I have wrote to jayden many times why I prefer other settings over Australia. However I think Ubisoft could pull any "Assassins/Templars" conflict anygiven time or place.

I just want people to realise that Australia is not the horrible country they think it is. http://www.killersofeden.com/image/Flurry26065.jpg

Jayden26
10-30-2013, 04:36 AM
I am embarrassed to admit that I am aware of more figures from British India & Ancient Egypt than from my own countries history.

Unfortunately that seems to be the case. There were many interesting characters in Australia during this time period. Governor John Hunter ordered a detachment of marines to wipe out the Dharug people in the Hawkesbury, resulting in one of the first battles between Europeans and Aboriginals and marked the beginning of the Hawkesbury and Nepean Wars. http://www.sl.nsw.gov.au/discover_collections/history_nation/terra_australis/education/bennelong/images/_show_tell_/hunter.jpg

Jayden26
10-30-2013, 04:39 AM
King Bungaree was a important Aboriginal figure throughout this time period and had a large army of men under his control.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/ff/Augustus_Earle_Portrait_of_Bungaree.jpg

roostersrule2
10-30-2013, 06:16 AM
Australia would be a crap place for AC.

Jayden26
10-30-2013, 06:48 AM
Australia would be a crap place for AC.

Why?
http://www.uow.edu.au/~morgan/graphics/vonGuerardLakeIllawarra.jpg

roostersrule2
10-30-2013, 09:19 AM
Why? You know I live there, I don't need pictures of it.

Anyway it would suck because Australians history is boring and because there's only been 6 games you can't do every location in 6 games, especially when Asia, Greece, Egypt and Africa are all yet to appear in AC. In history these are all more important then Australia, why can't you just understand that we probably wont get an Australian AC game and if we do it wont be for a while, you're just annoying and your whingeing wont bring an Australian game closer.

Flutterwhat
10-30-2013, 09:21 AM
You know I live there, I don't need pictures of it.

Anyway it would suck because Australians history is boring and because there's only been 6 games you can't do every location in 6 games, especially when Asia, Greece, Egypt and Africa are all yet to appear in AC. In history these are all more important then Australia, why can't you just understand that we probably wont get an Australian AC game and if we do it wont be for a while, you're just annoying and your whingeing wont bring an Australian game closer.

why bring negitivy in this thread? while it may take a while, I think it'll happen eventually. I'd actually want it. I enjoy this thread more then Jayden's previous ones because instead of coming off as angry, their actually following advice given to them and making the discussion interesting. you shouldn't have to be so negative in their own thread at this point.

roostersrule2
10-30-2013, 09:30 AM
why bring negitivy in this thread? while it may take a while, I think it'll happen eventually. I'd actually want it. I enjoy this thread more then Jayden's previous ones because instead of coming off as angry, their actually following advice given to them and making the discussion interesting. you shouldn't have to be so negative in their own thread at this point.Because it's getting annoying as ****, especially when there has been multiple threads of pure whining.

Jayden26
10-30-2013, 09:56 AM
You know I live there, I don't need pictures of it.

Okay then :(

silvermercy
10-30-2013, 09:57 AM
I thought we had a thread about future AC locations...If I started making multiple separate threads about my own country just to convince people why my country is one of the best locations for AC, I'm pretty sure I would annoy people and the mods would close it.

(I'm not opposed to an Australian setting btw, it's just there are multiple threads already for it)

Jayden26
10-30-2013, 10:35 AM
I thought we had a thread about future AC locations...If I started making multiple separate threads about my own country just to convince people why my country is one of the best locations for AC, I'm pretty sure I would annoy people and the mods would close it.

(I'm not opposed to an Australian setting btw, it's just there are multiple threads already for it)

I started the page as a fan art page.

silvermercy
10-30-2013, 10:52 AM
I started the page as a fan art page.
Yes, but it's still about promoting Australia as a future AC location...
Anyways...

Jayden26
10-30-2013, 10:59 AM
Yes, but it's still about promoting Australia as a future AC location...
Anyways...

I had seen other members on here do Chinese and Indian fan art threads, not sure why I can't make one ?

silvermercy
10-30-2013, 11:09 AM
I had seen other members on here do Chinese and Indian fan art threads, not sure why I can't make one ?
I haven't seen them. But you make them all the time? :/

roostersrule2
10-30-2013, 12:57 PM
I had seen other members on here do Chinese and Indian fan art threads, not sure why I can't make one ?They eventually get closed, they also have better fan art. Australia doesn't have enough history to support a full game, a sequence or two would be pretty good though.

Jayden26
10-30-2013, 11:23 PM
They eventually get closed, they also have better fan art. Australia doesn't have enough history to support a full game, a sequence or two would be pretty good though.

But I thought you said Australia is crap??

GoldStone93
11-08-2014, 08:29 AM
Shows how little you know about Australian history, and yes Australia certainly had architecture like that. Seeming as you have been here less than a month you wouldn't have seen my previous articles on what era an AC set in Australia could be held in. I personally believe an AC in Australia should be between 1795-1816.
http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/04/53/f7/58/hyde-park-barracks-museum.jpg

Being a fellow Aussie, I've contemplated the idea of an AC game set in Colonial Australia, and to me it sounds extremely original. It could work, it really could. Of course, it wouldn't have the 'grand scale' feel of AC3, or even AC4, but it'd be a smaller tale, told against the backdrop of a developing country being colonized by New-world conquering Templars.

It could even be set in the times of the 'Gold Rush', which could explain the Templar's involvement in it all. Their quest for wealth and perhaps, a Piece of Eden? Or many pieces of Eden? Being found by the Templars and their associates by mining and labor?

An ethnic protagonist such as Connor or Adewale would provide a much needed dimension to the Assassin character. Being an indigenous individual (perhaps Half-caste?) trying to survive in a society that saw Aboriginals as less than citizens, could create some interesting and emotional story elements.

As far as gameplay goes, I think some things should be added, such as a survival or new hunting system. Australia can be humid and desolate place. Gameplay elements in which you have to treat snake bites, find fresh water (via Synchronising viewpoints hehe) and hunt for food would be ****ing awesome.

UBISOFT, please see this message, haha.
This is could work and would break the absence of Australia being a videogame setting!

LoyalACFan
11-08-2014, 11:26 AM
A game set in Australia would be cool and original, but I wouldn't want it to be an Assassin's Creed game. AC should stay focused on historical conspiracies and urban parkour; it's what it does best, and Australia doesn't really have much to draw from in either of those respects. It's the same reason I argue against a Wild West setting; it just clashes with AC's strengths. AC4 was a fantastic game, but I'm done "taking a break" from what makes Assassin's Creed unique. I'm really, really hoping Unity is a return to form. There are many, many much-desired locations a large portion of fans have been hoping for for years (e.g. Greece, Russia, China, Egypt) and I'm hoping they'll choose a location that plays more to AC's strengths than Australia would.

That said, I think it would be extremely intriguing for Australia to get the Rockstar treatment in the next Red Dead. Plenty of frontier violence to draw from. Think Ned Kelly.

X_xWolverinEx_X
11-08-2014, 11:33 AM
this thread should be named red dead Australia ideas and historical pics

LoyalACFan
11-08-2014, 11:34 AM
this thread should be named red dead Australia ideas and historical pics

Stole mah input m8

X_xWolverinEx_X
11-08-2014, 11:40 AM
Stole mah input m8

ive been saying it for a while if you go and look at the Future Assassin's Creed games Location & Setting Discussion around page 75-90 somewhere in there . me and kiwi were fighting someone about it

pirate1802
11-08-2014, 11:43 AM
That fanart is......actually quite interesting :O

EzioAssassin51
11-08-2014, 02:02 PM
I've thought about it, also being Australian, and I think it would seem too much like AC3.
Think about it... small colonies, just being founded and discovered, lots of British soldiers, politics (probably), natives (Aboriginals rather than Americans) and wars to do with liberty. Same kind of time period too. I know ACU is a similar time period, but the city and location and story makes it more unique. It wouldn't involve cannons and other similar means of war that were also used in AC3. I just think it'll be too similar. It'd be fun but it'd feel like an AC3 rehash, which would just make it crap really... not to mention the backlash.

cawatrooper9
11-08-2014, 04:28 PM
Yeah, I really like "think outside the box" settings- I'd be game for this.

However, I think you're far more likely to get this setting at some point in the Far Cry series, instead.

Jodst
02-07-2015, 01:10 PM
Why not have the story as the French ( assassins) who came to Australia first were killed by Templars and the British (Templars) colonised Australia for the Templars without the British knowing, and the Templars wanted Australia because it had the largest precursor site to have ever been found, and the assassin you play as is the to get to the precursor site first and get rid of Templar control.

yourACfix
02-07-2015, 03:08 PM
We're just going to leave this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_UQmw62dnM

JustPlainQuirky
02-07-2015, 04:47 PM
An assassin with a boomerang looks incredibly silly

might as well have a slingshot in her back pocket

Megas_Doux
02-07-2015, 08:36 PM
Even duller than AC III, so NO!!!!!!

GunnerGalactico
02-07-2015, 09:53 PM
No offense to Australians, if Ubi did use that setting, the overall gist of the story and angle might be too similar to that of AC3. I wouldn't even suggest having an AC game based on my own country either, because it would be too controversial.