PDA

View Full Version : What defines staying out of combat?

gothpunkboy89
10-29-2013, 11:54 PM
Seriously this is kind of messing up my 100% sync. This isn't the first memory but I just completed Sequence 2, Memory 5 "Claiming What's Due" and one of the optional objectives is say out of combat.

The whole time I stealthed about luring and killing guards from hiding spots. There were only 2 times anyone saw me. Once was the damn sniper that saw me for a brief second before I got under cover. No combat was started as no one ran after me and he didn't even shoot at me. Then the second time when I ran and dropped a smoke bomb between 2 guards before hitting the next cover.

At no time did the general alarm ring were they started rushing me and at no time did I draw a weapon besides the hidden blades for stealth kills.

So seriously what in this game defines staying out of combat because seems it is counting just being seen or using a smoke bomb as combat even if no actual fighting takes place.

phoenix-force411
10-30-2013, 12:06 AM
Considering how fast Seq. 1, 2, and 3, goes this game may be very short in comparison. And yes, I hate these full syncs that says stay out of combat, because it is just within out AC nature to go all out and kill.

Kagurra
10-30-2013, 12:07 AM
I think you're doing it wrong...

gothpunkboy89
10-30-2013, 12:09 AM
Considering how fast Seq. 1, 2, and 3, goes this game may be very short in comparison. And yes, I hate these full syncs that says stay out of combat, because it is just within out AC nature to go all out and kill.

No the issue is that I stayed out of combat. Because the second optional thing was to kill 3 guards from stalking position.

The issue is i did not actually fight anyone only spotted a few times. And the option isn't about being spotting it is about combat. I did not fight anyone so it is annoying me that I get it counted against me. Not if it said "don't get spotted" then I would understand why I failed 100% sync for the mission.

phoenix-force411
10-30-2013, 12:09 AM
Just be glad that the detection system is not like ACIII's.

phoenix-force411
10-30-2013, 12:12 AM
No the issue is that I stayed out of combat. Because the second optional thing was to kill 3 guards from stalking position.

The issue is i did not actually fight anyone only spotted a few times. And the option isn't about being spotting it is about combat. I did not fight anyone so it is annoying me that I get it counted against me. Not if it said "don't get spotted" then I would understand why I failed 100% sync for the mission.
Well, that is rather odd. It shouldn't count as combat unless combat mode is actually active and you are in combat. Make sure you approach stealthily, because if it open-conflict is triggered just for a tiny bit, you could, or you will lose full sync.

gothpunkboy89
10-30-2013, 12:22 AM
Well, that is rather odd. It shouldn't count as combat unless combat mode is actually active and you are in combat. Make sure you approach stealthily, because if it open-conflict is triggered just for a tiny bit, you could, or you will lose full sync.

Define open conflict. That is the problem. I sit in bushes. Whistle them over. Kill them as soon as I can.

Again the only time I was seen was for 2 very brief moments. But no fighting or shots or anything happened. So not open conflict.

phoenix-force411
10-30-2013, 12:38 AM
Define open conflict. That is the problem. I sit in bushes. Whistle them over. Kill them as soon as I can.

Again the only time I was seen was for 2 very brief moments. But no fighting or shots or anything happened. So not open conflict.
Open conflict is indicated when the social status indicator is changed to red. I think that should be next to your health bar. I don't have ACIV yet, but I know how it works. Open conflict is when you are in fight mode, or the guards are in fighting stance.