PDA

View Full Version : Torn between PC and PS4

Nose-Nuggets
10-29-2013, 08:45 PM
I have a PC capable of running this game maxed out, but i am also getting a PS4 and i don't know which system to get this game on. I am really anticipating it, and am really torn. I much prefer keyboard and mouse in general, but always found that free running never really played as well with M+K as it did with a controller. I also felt like AC3 on pc wasn't as refined and dint go through the same level of QA that the console version did.

do we know if this is going to be the same this time around? Just looking at the forums, there are 628,000 posts in the console forum compared to a paltry 42,000 here. I can't help but wonder if the amount of console sales is the cause for this. I would also assume the game was developed on consoles, and ported to PC, then had extra nVidia and graphics stuff slapped on.

any opinions and comments would be appreciated.

Mr_Shade
10-29-2013, 10:19 PM
Hi,

The PC version is supposed to be the best version - it was developed on PC and ported to consoles, it has an extra level of fidelity and you can use a pad to play?

I suggest waiting and seeing the reviews, on both, before you decide?

Nose-Nuggets
10-29-2013, 10:35 PM
Thanks Mr. Shade. How do you know it was developed on PC this time?

helmert7
10-30-2013, 12:06 AM
I find it rather strange that a game developed on a pc is being released later for the pc then the consoles. Not anyone answered my question about this so far.. I always end up being ignored by every game developer

strigoi1958
10-30-2013, 12:27 AM
Get them both 8-)

It also depends on things like what gfx card is in your pc. I have an nvidia gtx 670 and the drivers at the moment are ruining a lot of people gaming experience. initially the 320 drivers turned AC3 blue !!! and only affected my ubi games... I thought it was the uplay update that caused it and posted a vid on youtube http://youtu.be/DTZ08I4vepk . the latest drivers after that (327 and 331) have been focused on BF4 and run about 95% stable only a few artifacts on farcry 3 and the odd lock up while browsing. If you have a high end Nvidia card or an ATI then you should be ok but either way the game will be awesome regardless of which method you choose to play it.

Nose-Nuggets
10-30-2013, 01:37 AM
I find it rather strange that a game developed on a pc is being released later for the pc then the consoles. Not anyone answered my question about this so far.. I always end up being ignored by every game developer

This i can answer, it's to pad the sales numbers. No one really cares about PC sales numbers, so to entice people to buy it on a console instead of PC, they always release the PC version later.

Get them both 8-)

It also depends on things like what gfx card is in your pc. I have an nvidia gtx 670 and the drivers at the moment are ruining a lot of people gaming experience. initially the 320 drivers turned AC3 blue !!! and only affected my ubi games... I thought it was the uplay update that caused it and posted a vid on youtube http://youtu.be/DTZ08I4vepk . the latest drivers after that (327 and 331) have been focused on BF4 and run about 95% stable only a few artifacts on farcry 3 and the odd lock up while browsing. If you have a high end Nvidia card or an ATI then you should be ok but either way the game will be awesome regardless of which method you choose to play it.

Hahaha, i dont think i will be getting both. I had no issues with AC3 on my nvidia card, on my ati card thats different. i am pretty confident my rig will run this game maxed out (GTX 680).

helmert7
10-30-2013, 07:38 PM
This i can answer, it's to pad the sales numbers. No one really cares about PC sales numbers, so to entice people to buy it on a console instead of PC, they always release the PC version later.

why do they dont care then?

Mr_Shade
10-30-2013, 07:42 PM
Since you are making up your own reasons, I guess anything I say will be ignored anyway.

The PC version is released at the same time as next gen - due to the extra time taking to implement the extra features - such as DX11 support and TXAA etc, plus it shares the marketing and advertising - there by highlighting it's advanced features.

helmert7
10-30-2013, 07:49 PM
Since you are making up your own reasons, I guess anything I say will be ignored anyway.

The PC version is released at the same time as next gen - due to the extra time taking to implement the extra features - such as DX11 support and TXAA etc, plus it shares the marketing and advertising - there by highlighting it's advanced features.

you work for ubisoft right?

Mr_Shade
10-30-2013, 08:24 PM
yes.

Nose-Nuggets
10-30-2013, 11:20 PM

Please prove me wrong i am always ready to learn something new. but next gen comes out on the 15th (ps4), PC comes out on the 19th.

strigoi1958
10-31-2013, 12:13 PM
Personally I don't mind them having different release dates. Maybe releasing the console version earlier will encourage people to buy consoles as gaming on a pc is not something developers like for many reasons (I assume mainly piracy, but consoles are generic and pc's have multiple components, drivers and O/S issues). Anyway whatever reason given, that's their prerogative. If it takes extra time to implement features on the pc then the console release could be delayed a few days to coincide but as I say, not important to me. I cannot play with a gamepad and so there are titles available only on consoles that look good that will never generate a sale from me... All I know is that Ubi games set the standard as far as I'm concerned and whatever reason they choose to have separate release dates is fine by me... just as long as I get it on my PC :-)

Secu12
10-31-2013, 01:44 PM
Please prove me wrong i am always ready to learn something new. but next gen comes out on the 15th (ps4), PC comes out on the 19th.

Not exactly.
In US will be released on Nov. 15th and Europe on Nov. 29th.

You can play very well with a gamepad. Myself, I've never thought I could be able to play with a controller. But after three years of owning a Xbox 360 controller, used mostly in the last 1 and 1/2 years, I even play now shooter games with it and I feel very uncomfortable using mouse+keyboard. You will adapt, trust me.

helmert7
10-31-2013, 04:10 PM
22nd of november in my country (West-Europe)

Coenraad
10-31-2013, 04:42 PM
22nd here in Noorway as well.

Anyway i would get it for the PC, just becourse it looks better. However, do keep in mind that the PC version might be a little more buggy then a console version. Quite some people still have issues with AC3. So we'll just have to cross fingers that AC4 does not have the same issues. As for controls you can buy a gamepad for the PC :) Or just use mouse and keyboard.

strigoi1958
10-31-2013, 11:33 PM
You can play very well with a gamepad. Myself, I've never thought I could be able to play with a controller. But after three years of owning a Xbox 360 controller, used mostly in the last 1 and 1/2 years, I even play now shooter games with it and I feel very uncomfortable using mouse+keyboard. You will adapt, trust me.

I appreciate the encouragement but as much as I can admire gamepad people using 2 joysticks and multiple buttons and triggers it is too complex for me to use 1 joystick to move in one direction and another joystick to aim in another direction while shooting and throwing grenades :-) it's definitely a skill. on the pc I just press the W key to move and the mouse is look and shoot (mind you I've been doing that for 30 years). I bought a PS3 for the uncharted games and it just sits in the cupboard laughing at my clumsiness. The Xbone is attached to the TV but only for christmas when we're a little drunk and we think we can dance michael jacksons experience... but the controller is only used for connecting to the wifi hard drive and signing in.... (and even that is difficult for me ;-) )

BerryGT5
11-02-2013, 02:18 AM
I can understand that the PC version is released with next gen consoles this year since its closer features wise but, just curious, why was it released later than consoles in years past? Either why, exited to hear it was designed based on PC this year.

thekyle0
11-02-2013, 05:12 AM
Hi,

The PC version is supposed to be the best version - it was developed on PC and ported to consoles,
PAUSE! I would simply like to know, who's ********ting me in the end?
http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/2/4795024/why-assassins-creed-always-launches-last-on-pc

For Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag, Decant said the master version was the current-gen console version both Xbox 360 and PS3 SKUs were developed simultaneously on the Anvil game engine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anvil_(game_engine)).

strigoi1958
11-03-2013, 02:48 AM
22nd here in Noorway as well.

Anyway i would get it for the PC, just becourse it looks better. However, do keep in mind that the PC version might be a little more buggy then a console version. Quite some people still have issues with AC3. So we'll just have to cross fingers that AC4 does not have the same issues. As for controls you can buy a gamepad for the PC :) Or just use mouse and keyboard.

only bugs I had were minor and most were caused by nvidia drivers.... anything as fantastic as AC3 I can easily forget minor insignificances