PDA

View Full Version : [SPOLIERS!!!] ACIV + Watchdogs

JarekKorczynski
10-27-2013, 01:53 AM
So, evrsince the Watchdogs promotional material was official I could not get this out of my head... Aiden Pierce wearing a brown coat and blue jeans, always with a smartphone device in his left hand..

Now what to make of these? (images from Initiates)

http://images.wikia.com/assassinscreed/images/5/58/ACI_Daniel%27s_Grave.jpg
http://images.wikia.com/assassinscreed/images/1/14/ACI_Lucy%27s_Grave.jpg

ACIV premiere is still some days ahead, but I was able (and eager) to see the walkthrough videos that has been flooding YouTube the last few days and couldn't help but notice the 'coincidence'

Watchdogs is all about surveillance, personal data security, tracking individuals with hacking into their networks etc.
CTOS is a tool to do so...

In ACIV there's the ancient Observatory serving the same purpose (provided the individual's blood sample present)
Also, in the present-Day narrative of ACIV we see the Abstergo Entertainment CEO traveling for a meeting in Chicago (you know it's the most surveiled city in the world and the main location in the Watchdogs) and going missing en route...

+ there's the Shaun Hstings model in the pre-ACIV outfit hanging around coffee bars in Chicago....
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Sl1pwrC7x7M/UbdBh2wjpoI/AAAAAAAAAv0/Qy1ygHkP4oE/s640/Shaun%2520Hastings%2520en%2520Watch%2520Dogs.jpg

Your thoughts?

I-Like-Pie45
10-27-2013, 02:01 AM
I think this means that Jexx was right - Watchdogs, Far Cry, and AC are all part of the same universe and that Watch Dogs really is the modern day AC game!

Watchdogs will be released alongside AC year now - with Watchdogs continuing the modern day story and AC continuing the historical one so that gamers will have to spend $120 a year to get the entire AC plot!

Wolfmeister1010
10-27-2013, 02:11 AM
I think this means that Jexx was right - Watchdogs, Far Cry, and AC are all part of the same universe and that Watch Dogs really is the modern day AC game!

Watchdogs will be released alongside AC year now - with Watchdogs continuing the modern day story and AC continuing the historical one so that gamers will have to spend $120 a year to get the entire AC plot!

No. They said they would not directly intertwine the stories, but would "have fun" with easter eggs and small references.

I-Like-Pie45
10-27-2013, 02:17 AM
well it seems like something Yves would do

he does love his money

roostersrule2
10-27-2013, 02:57 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHA SHAUN IS IN WATCH_DOGS.

The D man better not show up though.

TJ_Wylde
10-27-2013, 07:38 AM
Tbh i think that man at the graves could easily be William Miles. Could even be a hidden reason why he joined up with them (we are theorycrafting here right :p).

And for a big *** spoiler

Funny that that model of shaun is in a coffee bar. Especially given that he stand in the coffee corner at abstergo entertainment in the new modern life gameplay. I really hope we'll get to interact with him some more. And tbh. the "guiding voice" did sound a bit like shaun as well.

And Rooster. the 2nd modern life forced gameplay. Well lets just say. you won't see D but you will. Yeah won't spoil the details but they really did some great thinking how to "progress" the modern life story :).

shadowtech64
11-09-2013, 03:29 AM
near the end of ac4 the ceo of abstergo entertainment goes missing IN CHICAGO. Also it seems templars are the men with money and power, like crime bosses which aidan price happens to be fighting. the assassins now know of the ctos and can gain access to it through the character you play in ac4 which in turn they can give access to adian. aiden pearce is an assassin!

TheDanteEX
11-09-2013, 05:50 AM
They're different games; come on, people. Not to be the party pooper, but easter eggs and references are fun, but let's not get too serious about it.

roostersrule2
11-09-2013, 05:54 AM
It's a tad more then an Easter Egg though, it relates to the story of both games. I doubt WD will have TWCB or anything like that, but just say that in WD Aiden shuts down CtOS then in the next AC game you could hack a computer saying that the deal with CtOS fell through, due to them failing or whatever.