PDA

View Full Version : Best strategy for ACIV?

EVA Spartan 317
10-26-2013, 04:11 PM
Hi everyone!

We're just a few days until the release of Assassin's CredbIV Black Flag.
I'm curious which way will people choose for playing the game.
I'm familiar with three ways:
- run through the story then free-roam afterwards
- play a sequence/mission, free-roam, buy things, explore then play another sequence/mission
- mix the two ways depending on how exciting the story is

I usually choose the 2nd way! What do you guys think?

(sorry for my english its not my first language)

breakdownthewall
10-26-2013, 04:15 PM
I always like to proceed with the main missions in a slow and steady manner too. One of the main things that I've always loved about Assassin's Creed is that there's always so much to do other than story missions.

TheDanteEX
10-26-2013, 04:18 PM
I'll be exploring, completing sidemissions, and upgrading as much as possible in harmony with the main story missions. If I miss things, I don't mind; I just want to make it natural and not feel forced. I did it with my AC3 playthrough and I was happy with it, while others complained about the Homestead missions having a bigger impact than they thought because they simply played the story first. I'll also be playing with nothing but the mini-map for this first playthrough, so hopefully with less hand-holding, I'll have a more interesting experience. I hope there's an option to remove the waypoints on the screen and keep them solely on the mini-map, but I doubt it.

roostersrule2
10-26-2013, 04:22 PM
Go through it as I please, might do a few side missions, might rush though it, depends how I feel.

I usually leave most of the extra stuff for afterwards.