PDA

View Full Version : Rocksmith 2014 PC not detecting realtone cable in-game

Quinny187
10-25-2013, 07:00 PM
Hi everyone,

So my PC detects the cable, I can see it in my sound device list. Have gone in and set it to 48000 and all that. However, when reaching the 'calibration' part of the new profile set up in-game, I get the message "Sounds like your cable is unplugged. Connect a Rocksmith Realtone cable."

Can anyone help here? I've been waiting all day to play this game (I'm in UK) and after having to wait till 6pm for it to be unlocked on Steam, this has really annoyed me.

Your help is appreciated!

Thx!

SideTraKd42
10-25-2013, 07:14 PM
You might try a different USB jack... or maybe when it says that, you might also try unplugging it and plugging it back in.

I've never heard of this issue when Windows is seeing your cable...

What version of Windows are you using, and what exactly does the cable list as (name)..?

rcole_sooner
10-25-2013, 07:16 PM
Yep, once that message displays, just try unplugging it and plug it back in.

On one of my PCs, mine seems to do this from time to time. Seems to do it much less with RS2014 than it did with RS1.

I think it is related to microsoft USB keyboard drivers. Disabling those helps, but it is not enough of an issue that I want to disable the benefits that come with the drivers. So I just live with replugging the RS cable every so often.

My other PCs and laptop never seem to have this issue, so I believe it is somehow hardware related on certain systems.

Quinny187
10-25-2013, 08:04 PM
Thanks for your replies! I had previously tried plugging/unplugging the cable as you suggest, but to no avail. However I then I pulled apart the little cable socket part in the middle of the cable (ie. not the usb or guitar jack ends but in between) and plugged that back together, and it seems to work now!

Just had a little go, I like the game!

Cheers!

GenXCub
12-27-2013, 06:26 AM
Thanks for your replies! I had previously tried plugging/unplugging the cable as you suggest, but to no avail. However I then I pulled apart the little cable socket part in the middle of the cable (ie. not the usb or guitar jack ends but in between) and plugged that back together, and it seems to work now!

Cheers!

I had this exact same issue. Tried multiple USB ports. It always properly downloaded the driver, but Rocksmith thought it wasn't plugged in, my guitar played through my fender amp just fine. This (above) fixed it. I had to unplug that cable and re-plug it in at that circular junction. and it's working. Thanks Quinny

fatherrock
12-27-2013, 10:53 PM
and remember....the cable do wear out
all guitar cables do.

I recommend keeping a spare

nbfanc
01-14-2014, 02:20 AM
I had the same problem. For me the problem was that the drivers did not load. In Control Panel>System>Device Manager, the cable appeared as an "Other Device" with a yellow caution sign. Clicking on properties, it said that there were no driver. There was no joy in using the Update Driver function to find a driver on the web or on the computer.

But this worked.

Go into update driver in Device Manager. Click browse for the driver. Goto \windows\system32\driverstore and click search. It then will find the driver. Also the driver loads now whenever the cable is connected.

vgebrev
07-21-2014, 08:17 AM
No amount of plugging and re-plugging (usb or little round connector) helped, so I unplugged my mic and it fixed the issue. Hope this helps someone.

rcole_sooner
07-22-2014, 03:51 PM
Yep, always unplug any other usb or audio device while debugging.

SharkTyde
11-22-2014, 01:22 PM
I am having the same issue and it has not fixed itself at all.... I have tried to unplug it in any place that is possible, I have tried every single usb-port on my computer, which is like 8 different spots, I have tried each of my guitars and none of the 6 worked, This is really giving me a headache cause I spent so much on it for it to just not work....

Ronin19630
08-24-2015, 05:19 PM
Hello everyone. The last post was last year,,i was wondering if anyone found a permanent solution to this. I have tried all suggestions to no avail.

Has anyone asked Rocksmith support to supply a new driver??? I'm currently running Windows 10 64 bit.

rcole_sooner
08-24-2015, 06:39 PM
I'm running Windows 10 64 bit on all 3 of my PCs.

They all run Rocksmith fine. No issues at all with the upgrade from Windows 8.1.

sings_in_tune
08-26-2015, 01:39 AM
There is a thread for Windows 10 if you think that is the problem.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1232522-Windows-10-amp-Rocksmith-2014

You might find something in there.

paulbaitson
09-08-2015, 10:26 PM
Guess what it's now September 2015 I payed 57 for this and the same problems exists, I shall personally contact Ubisoft about this.

Cheers!:(

sings_in_tune
09-09-2015, 05:17 AM
umm, not sure which problem do you mean as you have quoted a post that had a solution. The majority of cables work just fine. But there are faulty cables out there too.

When I first hooked up the game, my cable didn't work. The following day I checked it again and there it was, and it has worked ever since.

Assuming you are on PC, you should read through this thread: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/802854-Rocksmith-2014-PC-Configuration-and-FAQ
...if you haven't already.

You can contact Ubisoft Support here: https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ.aspx?platformid=60&brandid=2030&productid=3888&faqid=kA030000000eiChCAI