PDA

View Full Version : So who is NOT going dark, but doesn't want to see spoilers?

pacmanate
10-24-2013, 03:42 PM
If you aren't going dark, post here, but only ones that don't want to see spoilers.

Basically, I feel lonely. I never go dark for any AC game cause I love the forums too much, however I never like seeing spoilers. It's risky but it has worked this far. So yeah, I want to see who is joining me for the next week or two!

ACfan443
10-24-2013, 03:48 PM
I'm not going dark, I tried to avoid the forums in the week leading to AC3's release but returned after a few days. Besides, AC3 was a special case for me since a great deal of its spoilers revolved around the conclusion of Desmond's story. Now that that's over, I don't particularly care about leaks.

plentybeef
10-24-2013, 03:49 PM
I'll be scouring the forums

pirate1802
10-24-2013, 03:53 PM
Yeah, I'll be here, braving the spoilers. I join your nodark Brotherhood

Sn1p3r-28
10-24-2013, 03:58 PM
I won't be going dark either. If I see spoilers then **** will hit the fan.

I have faith in Mr_Shade to keep us.... Shaded from the spoilers?

pirate1802
10-24-2013, 03:59 PM
i have faith in mr_shade to keep us.... Shaded from the spoilers?

yeaaaahhhhhhhhh!

pacmanate
10-24-2013, 04:06 PM
4 of us far. We will be called the NoDark4Me Crew

TJ_Wylde
10-24-2013, 04:07 PM
Nah i won't go dark. I enjoy you crazy ppl to much :p. Aside from that i don't even have to wait those 5 days anymore (i think) given that i got an email from ubi that my black chest is being shipped earlier today (no idea where from though :P). So i don't really see a point in it. Plus... common.. if you just look around the forums and be a lill bit careful you can still enjoy it all here and avoid any big spoilers.

Edit: seems i don't have to go into the dark or light at all :D. Black Chest is being delivered tomorrow yeeeeee!!!!!!! :D haha :p

Toa TAK
10-24-2013, 04:16 PM
Me. I can't stay away, but I'll tread lightly in case of the spoils.

silvermercy
10-24-2013, 05:47 PM
Count me in! I've decided to live my life on the edge today!

pacmanate
10-24-2013, 05:49 PM
This will be our safe haven. I have created a force field to block the dark side.

silvermercy
10-24-2013, 05:51 PM
This will be our safe haven. I have created a force field to block the dark side.
yay!

But I want my money back if the shield fails...

Sn1p3r-28
10-24-2013, 06:01 PM
Yeah, you owe us $1 Million each if it fails.

Sigv4rd
10-24-2013, 06:03 PM
I'm in...
On the topic of spoilerificness how spoilery is the launch trailer on a scale of 1-10? 1 being not at all and 10 being it's like watching a walkthough...

Sn1p3r-28
10-24-2013, 06:06 PM
I'm in...
On the topic of spoilerificness how spoilery is the launch trailer on a scale of 1-10? 1 being not at all and 10 being it's like watching a walkthough...

I'd say about a 5. It doesn't really show any major plot points and things in trailers a lot of the time are taken out of context anyway.

pacmanate
10-24-2013, 06:08 PM
I'm in...

I keep seeing people say there are bits and pieces. If you want to stay completely in the dark don't watch it, I haven't and don't plan to at all.

Toa TAK
10-24-2013, 06:20 PM
Yeah, you owe us $1 Million each if it fails.

I'm gonna need more than a million if this fails, bub.

The Launch Trailer re-uses some clips from older trailers as well.

Personally, I didn't find it spoilerific, just a disappointing launch trailer. *sadface*

Aphex_Tim
10-24-2013, 06:26 PM
I won't be going dark either. As long as threads and post with spoilers have spoiler tags, I'm good!

SleezeRocker
10-24-2013, 06:37 PM
I may occasionally pass by in here on just general game, offtopic, talk threads. I know I will be occupied with Batman tomorrow since my cousin has bought it digitally on Ps3 so I'll be downloading it tonight, whereas in turn, he would download AC4 off me. It works for both of us. Although my cousins is aksing if I want to go 1/2 with him for COD ghosts :/

Shahkulu101
10-24-2013, 06:48 PM
I don't think I'll be going dark either, I trust I'm capable of staying away from spoilers. However, I'll only pop in very occasionally as I'll be busy playing Black Flag of course! :D

SleezeRocker
10-24-2013, 06:50 PM
I'll only pop in very occasionally as I'll be busy playing Black Flag of course! :D

http://global3.memecdn.com/high-5_o_1238432.jpg

Hahaha!

Shahkulu101
10-24-2013, 06:55 PM
http://global3.memecdn.com/high-5_o_1238432.jpg

Hahaha!

That number...it is high? :nonchalance:

EllJim
10-24-2013, 07:03 PM
Won't be going dark, Jelly over those getting there's tomorrow/Sat as it seems UBI have shipped in some countries... I am with Game so will likely only receive a shipping alert Monday :/

Did get my email from UBI about my ULC though which was cool.

Thank god we have family round this weekend otherwise I'd be chewing the wallpaper in anticipation.

Dunno what we have left to talk about since the last big thread was on crouching and water effects :D

x___Luffy___x
10-24-2013, 07:33 PM
nice thread...:)

I'll be coming here from time to time if i couldn't resist coming to the forums. I'll try to go dark as soon as the console version releases.but the forums are addictive...
i wasn't even on the forums before the AC3 release, so i have played all the AC games without spoilers. this time I'm not so sure. I'll be getting my copy of AC4 near November end, since i play on pc.
i hope i can play a spoiler free game.

bismp
10-24-2013, 07:39 PM
I won't be playing the game until june.what should i do?should i try to go dark risking to lose all the hype about the game or should i watch walktroughs etc?i already saw a small part from the 1st walktrough ,but i wasn'tspoiled that much(don't worry,i didn't come here to spoil you.honestly.i am an ac fan for years,like some of you)

ladyleonhart
10-24-2013, 07:46 PM
...Dunno what we have left to talk about since the last big thread was on crouching and water effects :D

That's exactly why we need ACIV. ;) Then, I'm quite looking forward to discussing ACIV after everyone has played it. :D

Although, I'm not looking forward to the complaints. o_0

...I'll be coming here from time to time if i couldn't resist coming to the forums. I'll try to go dark as soon as the console version releases.but the forums are addictive...
i wasn't even on the forums before the AC3 release, so i have played all the AC games without spoilers. this time I'm not so sure. I'll be getting my copy of AC4 near November end, since i play on pc.
i hope i can play a spoiler free game.

It's the first time I've been on the forums pre-launch too. I actually think it's made waiting for ACIV for worse... in a good way. ;) I just can't stop thinking about it. Then, being on the forums makes me want to play it even more.

Lol, it's even worse now since the forums changed and Edward is there all the time. :p

Raibuscus
10-24-2013, 08:03 PM
I'm in! I never go dark, I try to avoid big spoilers but I always end up watching an early walkthrough of the game... I hope I won't this year :P

x___Luffy___x
10-24-2013, 08:23 PM
It's the first time I've been on the forums pre-launch too. I actually think it's made waiting for ACIV for worse... in a good way. ;) I just can't stop thinking about it. Then, being on the forums makes me want to play it even more.

Lol, it's even worse now since the forums changed and Edward is there all the time. :p

i agree, its so hard to wait for it. but then I'll be waiting till the PC release which is very hard for me since there are gonna be so many videos everywhere for AC4. its gonna be very difficult to avoid spoilers this time around. lets hope for the best though...:)

pacmanate
10-24-2013, 08:39 PM
We will forever be known as "The dudes who lived".

scooper121s
10-24-2013, 09:01 PM
Imma stay in the light and allow the father of understanding to guide me

Toa TAK
10-24-2013, 09:06 PM
I am the light.

DSafrin
10-24-2013, 09:07 PM
I had spoilers for every single game in the series so far (my friend played them before I did and she told me about them quite in detail), so I'm not even trying to go dark, lol. I don't want to see spoilers, but I'm not going to be angry if I do see them. On the one hand - if I manage to avoid them, I'll be more courious about the story when I finally get it. On the other, if I do know the story, I might not rush it, but enjoy all the side missions on the first playthrough. If I think about it in this way, it's a win-win situation :D
Also, this year I'll be the one who gets the game first, as I'm getting ps3 version, and my friend will be waiting for pc release~

Sushiglutton
10-24-2013, 09:07 PM
When there is a new thread by an unknown poster you never know if it is a spoiler that will ruin the game, or if it's an invitation to watch Big Bang Theory online. Exciting times :cool:

Sn1p3r-28
10-24-2013, 09:09 PM
When there is a new thread by an unknown poster you never know if it is a spoiler that will ruin the game, or if it's an invitation to watch Big Bang Theory online. Exciting times :cool:

Hahahaha

silvermercy
10-24-2013, 09:10 PM
oh you mean the one about the one where he just got the game? I clicked it. LMAO! The first couple of posts is about graphics.

I can tell you if you want in a spoiler tag. It's just about graphics.

Toa TAK
10-24-2013, 09:12 PM
Well that's not too bad, are they good?

killzab
10-24-2013, 09:15 PM
oh you mean the one about the one where he just got the game? I clicked it. LMAO! The first couple of posts is about graphics.

I can tell you if you want in a spoiler tag. It's just about graphics.

Still bitter after our argument some time ago ?

Well the graphics are the first thing you notice in a game ...

silvermercy
10-24-2013, 09:16 PM
Still bitter after our argument some time ago ?

Well the graphics are the first thing you notice in a game ...

Me no bitter. why you ask? lol

You could tell them here if you want in a spoiler tag actually! Better than me quoting.

killzab
10-24-2013, 09:19 PM
Me no bitter. why you ask? lol

You could tell them here if you want in a spoiler tag actually! Better than me quoting.

If they wanna know, they can read my thread, there are no visible spoilers in it.

silvermercy
10-24-2013, 09:27 PM
If they wanna know, they can read my thread, there are no visible spoilers in it.
Yes, I checked up to page 5. I didn't notice any story spoilers. Just comments about graphics, stealth etc. So it's safe for now. :)

Flutterwhat
10-24-2013, 09:33 PM
going dark is for those who want to remain blind and ignorant. like humanity.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/f585f4644ef09b42a64e80f2d90c16bf/tumblr_metb9bKpQ81qfqe3uo1_r2_500.jpg

why would a being of light want to remain in the dark

EllJim
10-24-2013, 10:32 PM
darn it I am weak, I clicked on the I've got the game thread..... thankfully no story spoilers. Wish there were some way of picking up tech information over story, but unless person in question is considerate there is no way.

Will be peaking at the forums through my fingers till Tuesday I think now...

I am REALLY concerned about my 360 and it performing, whilst I don't mind not having the very best graphics playability is an issue to me (mind you I never saw an issue playing AC3 and people said there was one... so hopefully...)

ladyleonhart
10-24-2013, 11:08 PM
I wasn't planning to go dark quite yet, but maybe I will have to... o_0;

Toa TAK
10-24-2013, 11:16 PM
I am the dark.

pyrotechnick777
10-25-2013, 02:44 AM
I'm not going dark... I just happen to be very busy with exams and projects to worry about... Dang it! I saw video while researching.
I guess this will serve as a warning that I know of one you tuber already posting a walk through of AC4 (I'm not going to say who it is or the link to enforce the warning).
I was tempted to click it and did so (the title being blatant about the video being a walk through) but I only managed to get past 30 seconds because he stated that it was a complete walkthrough.
Thankfully, I shut off the video and just continued on the research, so I was not spoiled.

LoyalACFan
10-25-2013, 03:58 AM
I'm in. I'm never going dark. NEVAH!!!

http://www.panelsonpages.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/125-cover.jpg

pirate1802
10-25-2013, 04:02 AM
Lol it was hellish after AC3's release. Much worse. I think last year there was a full-on ending spoiler thread a whole week before the release. I actually got spoiled on another forum. Then I came here, eager to confirm or deny what I had read on that other site and was immediately greeted by the full Desmond ending thread. -___-

LoyalACFan
10-25-2013, 04:14 AM
Lol it was hellish after AC3's release. Much worse. I think last year there was a full-on ending spoiler thread a whole week before the release. I actually got spoiled on another forum. Then I came here, eager to confirm or deny what I had read on that other site and was immediately greeted by the full Desmond ending thread. -___-

AC4's ending thread will be coming soon enough. If it hasn't by tomorrow, I'll be surprised.

Layytez
10-25-2013, 04:15 AM
AC4's ending thread will be coming soon enough. If it hasn't by tomorrow, I'll be surprised.
It could but I don't know how many have completed here besides myself.

poptartz20
10-25-2013, 08:53 AM
Umm... good luck to those of you who are sticking it out! If everything goes right (w/ps4) I'll be playing next gen. So I'll be waiting an additional 2 weeks or so. I probably won't go away completely as I do enjoy the boards too much. BUT! I will be treading lightly and not as frequently. Kinda like how I have been doing here lately. (for the same reason)

pacmanate
10-25-2013, 02:06 PM
When you go dark you never go light... or something.

Cosmic_Rooster
10-25-2013, 02:19 PM
Nice thread idea pacmanate, I'm trying hard to avoid spoilers but after watching the live Twitch stream last night with Ash and Gabe a few morsels of unwanted information have now entered my mind that I would have preferred to discover when finally playing the game. What version did you go for in the end? Are you like me, waiting for the PS4 version or did you decide to play it on the PS3?

pacmanate
10-25-2013, 02:22 PM
Nice thread idea pacmanate, I'm trying hard to avoid spoilers but after watching the live Twitch stream last night with Ash and Gabe a few morsels of unwanted information have now entered my mind that I would have preferred to discover when finally playing the game. What version did you go for in the end? Are you like me, waiting for the PS4 version or did you decide to play it on the PS3?

Waiting for the PS4 version, long story short I cancelled my PS3 one. That's all I've got to say on that haha.

Sn1p3r-28
10-25-2013, 03:00 PM

;)

Mr_Shade
10-25-2013, 03:46 PM
Waiting for the PS4 version, long story short I cancelled my PS3 one. That's all I've got to say on that haha.
[giggles]

Well we will all enjoy it on next gen soon enough :)

Shahkulu101
10-25-2013, 06:16 PM
I'm supposed to be dark as of now...can't stay away! :p

pacmanate
10-25-2013, 06:18 PM
I'm supposed to be dark as of now...can't stay away! :p

You came to the right thread

pirate1802
10-26-2013, 02:14 PM

lmfao

xboxauditore
10-26-2013, 02:33 PM
Three days! God I can't wait!

roostersrule2
10-26-2013, 03:22 PM
I'm going dark so I can see spoilers.

pacmanate
10-26-2013, 03:42 PM

But you.. uhh... okay.

pirate1802
10-26-2013, 03:49 PM

That makes no sens.

Toa TAK
10-26-2013, 05:59 PM
3 more days. I can handle it... I can handle it.. I can handle it..

adventurewomen
10-26-2013, 07:36 PM
Hmmm... should I join this group of people??

I don't want to see spoilers, and I'm unsure If II'll go officially dark.. I'll come back every so often as I get bored.

pacmanate
10-26-2013, 07:41 PM
Hmmm... should I join this group of people??

I don't want to see spoilers, and I'm unsure If II'll go officially dark.. I'll come back every so often as I get bored.

There is a spoiler forcefield in this group so you should be fine :o

Pretty much nowhere is safe. Even if there is a spoiler thread labelled spoiler, when you hover over it a few sentences come up etc. No thread is safe, I would say the beloved BUWYWL is safe but it isn't.

x___Luffy___x
10-26-2013, 07:50 PM

i hope it stays this way... i'll be here till my pc copy arrives.

adventurewomen
10-26-2013, 07:58 PM

Pretty much nowhere is safe. Even if there is a spoiler thread labelled spoiler, when you hover over it a few sentences come up etc. No thread is safe, I would say the beloved BUWYWL is safe but it isn't.
Thank you for this safe place! :)

I agree, I'm scared to read certain threads in fear of spoilers! :eek:

I-Like-Pie45
10-26-2013, 08:18 PM
You're really mad at me now, aren't you? :)

pacmanate
10-26-2013, 08:26 PM

Hahahaha

Black_Widow9
10-26-2013, 08:32 PM

Lol. Let's not abuse the new Spoiler function.

pacmanate
10-26-2013, 08:34 PM
Lol. Let's not abuse the new Spoiler function.

I'm actually really scared. People I know who wouldnt spoil the game use the spoiler function now for silly things but I am still scared.

BUT I STILL CLICK.

I AM A CURIOUS PERSON AND IT WILL BE MY DOWNFALL D:

pirate1802
10-26-2013, 08:37 PM
I'm actually really scared. People I know who wouldnt spoil the game use the spoiler function now for silly things but I am still scared.

BUT I STILL CLICK.

True. When I see a spoiler tag I'm virtually divided into two persons. One tries to wiggle the mouse away and the other is hella curious as to what is in it. :|

pacmanate
10-26-2013, 08:39 PM
True. When I see a spoiler tag I'm virtually divided into two persons. One tries to wiggle the mouse away and the other is hella curious as to what is in it. :|

Its like getting a kinder surprise.

Black_Widow9
10-26-2013, 08:47 PM

BUT I STILL CLICK.

Don't do it!!!! What are you doing to yourselves. lol

pacmanate
10-26-2013, 08:52 PM
Don't do it!!!! What are you doing to yourselves. lol

Its not us! Its like some external force that whispers *click dat ****, click it*.

I don't go into spoiler threads and click spoiler things. Its just other threads where you dont know if its an actual spoiler or not.

pirate1802
10-26-2013, 09:07 PM
Its not us! Its like some external force that whispers *click dat ****, click it*.

I don't go into spoiler threads and click spoiler things. Its just other threads where you dont know if its an actual spoiler or not.

Exactly. Like if suddenly a spoiler tag appears here. Dont worry Black widow, normally my careful self wins.

pacmanate
10-26-2013, 10:54 PM
Some facts about performance.

Both games are 720p Native.
Foliage toned down a bit compared to 360 (as usual, no big difference at all)
PS3 has better water than the 360
360 has slightly better AA
Draw distance is the same
Unlocked FrameRate on both which causes for some frame rate oscillations (some guy on GAF said the framerate in Havana was "horrible"... whatever that means)

I got this from an article that also has some screenshots but Im not posting them here, all you guys need to know is the game is identical on both platforms, as was expected after AC3.

magikaquaror
10-26-2013, 10:59 PM
I don't plan on going dark, with next gen consoles out I can imagine less People will own the game on release day so a lower risk of spoilers.

pacmanate
10-26-2013, 11:07 PM
Dat banana doe

http://media.tumblr.com/b60b0c86ac6b177f441891934f3454b9/tumblr_inline_mqs2pnzCrn1qz4rgp.gif

Flutterwhat
10-27-2013, 12:37 AM
i do not see the relevance of this post

silvermercy
10-27-2013, 01:03 AM
I watched the ending. Somebody slap me for succumbing. HARD. :|

I got worried about something but now that I've spoiled myself reeeal good I'm actually fine. lol

PS. Before you slap me take into consideration I have no console. Okaaay???

I-Like-Pie45
10-27-2013, 01:11 AM

I got worried about something but now that I've spoiled myself reeeal good I'm actually fine. lol

silvermercy

can you pm me the ending :)

I won't be playing the game for a long time so really IDGAF about spoilers

silvermercy
10-27-2013, 01:16 AM
ok!

adventurewomen
10-27-2013, 01:31 AM

:eek:

Gretchen Wieners says:

http://i.imgur.com/Ev6ii40.gif

You know too much Sliver! :eek:

I-Like-Pie45
10-27-2013, 01:37 AM
Connor shows up in Sequence 15 and Jenny Kenway is his half sister who is the mother of Connor's child

Altair was an immortal who reincarnated every time he died, meaning he lived forever. His lives include Jesus, Abraham Lincoln, and Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Anne Bonny is secretly a man who is secretly a woman who is secretly a man

It turns out that all of Blackbeard's hair (even the beard) is a piece minus the pit hair

Desmond leads a zombie attack on Abstergo with John Marston as his lieutanent - he has been reincarnated as Robocop on a Falafel Unicorn

I accidentally chopped off my right hand with a Wii remote and it really hurts can someone call an ambulance like right now

Pink Floyd (well 3/4 of it) is reuniting to perform the entirety of their catologue from Dark Side to The Wall Live this February 31st 2014.

really, i need that ambulance. I'm dying here!

:)

silvermercy
10-27-2013, 02:10 AM
:eek:

Gretchen Wieners says:

http://i.imgur.com/Ev6ii40.gif

You know too much Sliver! :eek:

You can call me the Outsider now. :p

@ Pie: get serious! lmao

pacmanate
10-27-2013, 02:29 AM
I can't believe you watched the ending for AC4 wtf :\

silvermercy
10-27-2013, 02:31 AM
I can't believe you watched the ending for AC4 wtf :\
I had to after seeing a spoiler-ish tweet. :/ Now I can enjoy the game. I seriously wouldn't be able to if I hadn't done that.

pacmanate
10-27-2013, 02:33 AM
I had to after seeing a spoiler-ish tweet. :/

Idc what that was, do not say anything.

But you still suck.

I mean its your choice, but still. Not gonna ask why, I dont want any spoilers, GTFO MY THREAD D:

silvermercy
10-27-2013, 02:35 AM
Just don't go to Twitter for a while.

pacmanate
10-27-2013, 02:36 AM
Just don't go to Twitter for a while.

Aka don't go onto Darbys twitter. I am angry with you.

I will find you, and when I do, I slap.

silvermercy
10-27-2013, 02:37 AM
Aka don't go onto Darbys twitter. I am angry with you.

I will find you, and when I do, I slap.

Why..... I just warned you not to go. lol

pacmanate
10-27-2013, 02:39 AM
Why..... I just warned you not to go. lol

I know, I didn't go there, I meant thats what you meant by dont go on twitter. Why would you even go on any AC persons twitter :@ (Dont answer that).

I am disappoint in you. That's all you need to know. GOOD DAY TO YOU.

silvermercy
10-27-2013, 02:41 AM
*cries in a corner*

Wolfmeister1010
10-27-2013, 02:44 AM

I TOLD you. I ***ING TOLD you. You shouldnt have done it.

adventurewomen
10-27-2013, 02:55 AM
You can call me the Outsider now. :p

Outsider indeed! :eek:

I'm scared!

pacmanate
10-27-2013, 03:13 AM
Can you stop discussing anything to do with plot points even if its vague...

Black_Widow9
10-27-2013, 03:27 AM
An allusion to the ending/story is still a Spoiler. Please don't discuss it here. I really don't want to have to ban you guys. :nonchalance:

pirate1802
10-27-2013, 04:06 AM
Keel the outsider!

Toa TAK
10-27-2013, 04:11 AM
I can't believe you, silver.

I CAN'T.

roostersrule2
10-27-2013, 04:12 AM
Yeah, rah, kill, bash, destroy!

I-Like-Pie45
10-27-2013, 04:23 AM
I hurt myself today
To see if I still feel
I focus on the pain
The only thing that's real
The needle tears a hole
The old familiar sting
Try to kill it all away
But I remember everything

What have I become?
My sweetest friend
Everyone I know
Goes away in the end
You could have it all
My empire of dirt
I will let you down
I will make you hurt

I wear this crown of ****
Upon my liar's chair
Full of broken thoughts
I cannot repair
Beneath the stains of time
The feelings disappear
You are someone else
I am still right here

What have I become?
My sweetest friend
Everyone I know
Goes away in the end

You could have it all
My empire of dirt
I will let you down
I will make you hurt
If I could start again
A million miles away
I would keep myself
I would find a way

poptartz20
10-27-2013, 08:35 AM
sliver... NOOOOO! I can't believe it. Lol! I'll still hold the fort!

well... I hope it was good. :|

anyways I'm excited. so far so good nothing been spoiled for me. I'm treading so lightly on here it's crazy.

I don't even want to go on tumblr

Shahkulu101
10-27-2013, 08:40 AM
The wait is truly agonizing now... Doesn't help that I have an exam on the day it arrives. :nonchalance:

poptartz20
10-27-2013, 08:49 AM
only if we were in france. :|

then again I would still be waiting. UGH... it kills me! come on PS4 I'm waiting for you!

Shahkulu101
10-27-2013, 08:53 AM
only if we were in france. :|

then again I would still be waiting. UGH... it kills me! come on PS4 I'm waiting for you!

Hey, at least you're getting it for free. ;)

And to be honest, I see no point in waiting for the next-gen version myself - I'm not that into foliage that I'd wait weeks for it lol

roostersrule2
10-27-2013, 09:01 AM

And to be honest, I see no point in waiting for the next-gen version myself - I'm not that into foliage that I'd wait weeks for it lolBut FOLIAGE.

poptartz20
10-27-2013, 09:09 AM

And to be honest, I see no point in waiting for the next-gen version myself - I'm not that into foliage that I'd wait weeks for it lol

Hahah! True, true! :D

But until I have it in my hands I remain skeptical!

well.. honestly I was debating on waiting. or just opting for the PS3 version then upgrading to the PS4 when it comes.

Buuut... I decided to be kinda cheap about it and opt to wait it out and not spending the extra $10 to upgrade.

pacmanate
10-27-2013, 02:04 PM
But FOLIAGE.

THIS x100100

pirate1802
10-27-2013, 02:28 PM
THIS x100100

THAT x 900 900

pacmanate
10-27-2013, 02:33 PM
So I just finished Arkham Origins and it was very good indeed!

The story matches the Rocksteady ones, IMO I found this story better, and the boss fights are so diverse as well! Its not the same technique for different bosses, you actually have to use different strategies and I found them highly enjoyable.

Toa TAK
10-27-2013, 03:14 PM
^^Glad to hear it. Going to pick it up whenever I have the funds (paid off ACIV a long time ago).

What are you people playing this Halloween?

pacmanate
10-27-2013, 03:24 PM
^^Glad to hear it. Going to pick it up whenever I have the funds (paid off ACIV a long time ago).

What are you people playing this Halloween?

Playing? I'm going out as a gothic dead person on Halloween :p

Assassin_M
10-27-2013, 10:29 PM
well, i'm unintentionally dark...but I was so not hyped for AC IV that I watched a few walkthroughs....pre-ordered yesterday...

that tells you something...

ACfan443
10-27-2013, 11:00 PM
well, i'm unintentionally dark...but I was so not hyped for AC IV that I watched a few walkthroughs....pre-ordered yesterday...

Guess that makes this thread redundant then http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/756389-Officially-out-of-Black-Flag :p

Megas_Doux
10-27-2013, 11:03 PM

Those who have either played or watched are saying that it solves some of the big issues AC3 had. So far college and my part time job have taken a big amount of hype, but it seems AC4 might deliver greatly.

PD Pre ordered for PS4 couple of months ago.

Assassin_M
10-27-2013, 11:07 PM
Those who have either played or watched are saying that it solves some of the big issues AC3 had. So far college and my part time job have taken a big amount of hype, but it seems AC4 might deliver greatly.

PD Pre ordered for PS4 couple of months ago.
I'm not sure about design and side missions from what i'v seen. those were my main concerns from AC III. I need to actually play the game to decide those 2 departments. the story;however, is what made me pre-order. I hope you get to enjoy it a bit...College has been taking a big amount of my time as well :|

Guess that makes this thread redundant then http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/756389-Officially-out-of-Black-Flag :p
Oh you know I was going to buy the game anyway, just the delay of Watch Dogs made it sooner xP besides, many of my criticisms of Edward there were mostly just to rustle jimmies of the Ezio kiddies xD

I-Like-Pie45
10-27-2013, 11:42 PM
those were the good old days

back when I was GW... before I regenerated into David

pacmanate
10-27-2013, 11:55 PM

Yeah, that I was right. ;)

ladyleonhart
10-28-2013, 12:05 AM
I don't want to see spoilers, which is partly the reason I haven't been posting as much. I did have issues with my internet on Friday too, though. -__-

Well, I may check in at times... At least, I will check any messages. :)

Anyway... for me, the wait is almost over! :D

pacmanate
10-28-2013, 12:18 AM
I don't want to see spoilers, which is partly the reason I haven't been posting as much. I did have issues with my internet on Friday too, though. -__-

Well, I may check in at times... At least, I will check any messages. :)

Anyway... for me, the wait is almost over! :D

Not unless I kill the postman.

I-Like-Pie45
10-28-2013, 12:21 AM
murder is bad

pacmanate
10-28-2013, 12:33 AM
murder is bad

Not when I do it. Its justified.

ArabianFrost
10-28-2013, 12:43 AM
Getting my game on the 28th. God bless your faces Egyptian video game shop people.

pacmanate
10-28-2013, 12:46 AM
Getting my game on the 28th. God bless your faces Egyptian video game shop people.

http://media.salon.com/2011/04/how_could_this_face_lie_to_you.jpg

Have fun!

ladyleonhart
10-28-2013, 12:57 AM
Not unless I kill the postman.

Why are you happy for everyone except me, Pac...?

Lol, I'll be sure to let you know when I get it. ;)

Unless of course I'm so overcome with excitement that I can't be bothered to tell you. :p

It's highly probable. ;)

pacmanate
10-28-2013, 01:00 AM
Why are you happy for everyone except me, Pac...?

Lol, I'll be sure to let you know when I get it. ;)

Unless of course I'm so overcome with excitement that I can't be bothered to tell you. :p

It's highly probable. ;)

I am sure you probably will tell me how good it is, you know where to find me :o

Cosmic_Rooster
10-28-2013, 02:02 AM
Avoiding spoilers is becoming more of a challenge as the days pass, it's got to the point that even looking at new thread titles becomes risky. For that reason I have added this thread to my bookmarks bar and from here on in until I finish the game on my incoming PlayStation 4 this will be the only thread I use and my sole point of entry to the forums. The only sure fire way to avoid spoilers would be to go offline completely and lock myself in a room but I'm not sure my employer would take kindly to such a strategy.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z7/straenge/tumblr_m1hn8yBJZP1qdjguq.gif

adventurewomen
10-28-2013, 02:19 AM
^ I agree, even thread titles are a risk right now.. spoilers in the titles! :eek:

I-Like-Pie45
10-28-2013, 02:25 AM
^ I agree, even thread titles are a risk right now.. spoilers in the titles! :eek:

did you know

connor is a gigolo

thats how he got to desmond

pirate1802
10-28-2013, 05:14 AM
did you know

connor is a gigolo

thats how he got to desmond

hahahahahaha

I-Like-Pie45
10-28-2013, 05:46 AM
pirate, this is how I picture you irl whenever you go lolololol/hahahaha/rofl
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/dr/hln/www/release/sites/default/files/imagecache/textarticle_640/2011/12/23/ComputerGuy.jpg

pirate1802
10-28-2013, 06:10 AM
Am I supposed to feel happy or insulted? :confused:

Toa TAK
10-28-2013, 06:54 AM
Why not both?

pirate1802
10-28-2013, 07:51 AM
Because being both is just too mainstream.

pacmanate
10-28-2013, 02:01 PM
Anyone going to a midnight launch tonight?

roostersrule2
10-28-2013, 02:04 PM
Anyone going to a midnight launch tonight?It's only an hour away, I kinda wish I pre-ordered.

pacmanate
10-28-2013, 02:05 PM
It's only an hour away, I kinda wish I pre-ordered.

So you not getting it? Or waiting for PS4 or what?

roostersrule2
10-28-2013, 02:06 PM
So you not getting it? Or waiting for PS4 or what?I'm getting it tomorrow, I just never pre-ordered. I'm not sure why, I just didn't get around to it.

pacmanate
10-28-2013, 02:07 PM
I'm getting it tomorrow, I just never pre-ordered. I'm not sure why, I just didn't get around to it.

HOW? You spend your life on the internet you ****.

roostersrule2
10-28-2013, 02:12 PM
HOW? You spend your life on the internet you ****.Pretty much, it's either the internet, school or with friends, but I've been studying more this year and I procrastinate a lot loololool.

And I only have monies at certain times of the year and when my birthday is pretty close to release there's no point.

pacmanate
10-28-2013, 02:14 PM
Pretty much, it's either the internet, school or with friends, but I've been studying more this year and I procrastinate a lot loololool.

And I only have monies at certain times of the year and when my birthday is pretty close to release there's no point.

I say head down to a midnight release if you can

Mr_Shade
10-28-2013, 02:16 PM
If anyone does - we need pictures!! ;)

roostersrule2
10-28-2013, 02:17 PM
I say head down to a midnight release if you canNah, if I did I just realised I'd have to pay almost double because the only place doing the Midnight launch has it for $89 and the place where I was going to buy it has it for $69 and I get 20% off because of some thing I got when I bought GTA V.

pacmanate
10-28-2013, 02:18 PM
Nah, if I did I just realised I'd have to pay almost double because the only place doing the Midnight launch has it for $89 and the place where I was going to buy it has it for $69 and I get 20% off because of some thing I got when I bought GTA V.

Ah yeah, australian prices.

Toa TAK
10-28-2013, 02:58 PM
I'm heading to CityWalk's midnight launch tonight with a couple of peeps.

Not sure about pictures, though. :P

pacmanate
10-28-2013, 03:00 PM
I'm heading to CityWalk's midnight launch tonight with a couple of peeps.

Not sure about pictures, though. :P

Just take a picture of anything.

Toa TAK
10-28-2013, 03:17 PM
Just take a picture of anything.

I'll take a picture of the floor.

And all the Battlefield 4 people.

Mr_Shade
10-28-2013, 03:46 PM
hmm BF4 hmmm

adventurewomen
10-28-2013, 03:48 PM
Is there any GAME store midnight launches in London?

Toa TAK
10-28-2013, 04:38 PM
hmm BF4 hmmm

mmmmhmmmmm

That's what happens when you don't release an AC game earlier, Ubi! :D

Mr_Shade
10-28-2013, 04:44 PM
mmmmhmmmmm

That's what happens when you don't release an AC game earlier, Ubi! :D
?

If you mean they will 'clash' in terms of sales - I don't think so, since both series have dedicated fans who will buy both - or the one they prefer - since a FPS is a little different from an AC game :)

I said hmmm BF4 hmmm - since I am looking forward to it myself ;) [I'm waiting for PS4 though]

Shahkulu101
10-28-2013, 05:58 PM
I would go to a midnight launch, but it's not popular enough in Scotland. I usually go to the FIFA ones - apart from that and COD there aren't any.

Cosmic_Rooster
10-28-2013, 06:02 PM
My impatience and fear of spoilers have got the better of me, have purchased and am now downloading the PlayStation Store Digital Deluxe Edition. I am disappoint with myself :(

ArabianFrost
10-28-2013, 06:11 PM
Assassin's Creed 4 is really.really.really.really.really.really.really.r eally.really.really damn beautiful and this is on my crappy resolution TV. I cannot even come close to imagining this beast playing on a 1080p with next gen. Probably would be the best looking game ever. Seriously it is just dead gorgeous this game. You will not be disappointed.

http://i.imgur.com/C8ycZoY.jpg

I'd personally advise you remove all HUD elements. Also, the travel speed options which allows you to manoeuvre around the camera around the ship as it sails is absolutely genius. It really captures the beauty of the naval.

Edit:
You may not hear it, but there was a soundtrack playing in the background and it was sublime as it merged with the scene.

Toa TAK
10-28-2013, 06:13 PM
?

If you mean they will 'clash' in terms of sales - I don't think so, since both series have dedicated fans who will buy both - or the one they prefer - since a FPS is a little different from an AC game :)

I said hmmm BF4 hmmm - since I am looking forward to it myself ;) [I'm waiting for PS4 though]
Ah, I thought you meant it as BF4 peeps invading the AC party. :P

I, too am looking forward to BF4, but I gotta wait for the One version. :(

pacmanate
10-28-2013, 08:04 PM
Is there any GAME store midnight launches in London?

Unfortunately no, but if you go here - http://instore.game.co.uk/midnight-launches/#AC4_link it says they arent doing a midnight but they are doing an "early". I have no idea what "early" means though

Toa TAK
10-29-2013, 05:03 AM
Heading to the launch. PEACE (and safety) my bros and gals.

poptartz20
10-29-2013, 10:34 AM
Looks like the game got an 8.5 on IGN. Umm...

pirate1802
10-29-2013, 11:16 AM
Looks like the game got an 8.5 on IGN. Umm...

While AC3 got a 9? Umm indeed.

roostersrule2
10-29-2013, 11:18 AM
While AC3 got a 9? Umm indeed.No it got an 8.5 too.

I'd give AC4 an 8.5 ATM and AC3 a 7.

pirate1802
10-29-2013, 11:35 AM
No it got an 8.5 too.

I'd give AC4 an 8.5 ATM and AC3 a 7.

AC3 got an 8.5?? My memory is fading.

silvermercy
10-29-2013, 11:56 AM
Yeah, AC3 got 8.5.
I'd give AC4 a 9 (even thought I haven't played it yet, just staring at my Buccaneer box. lol)

roostersrule2
10-29-2013, 01:25 PM
Yeah, AC3 got 8.5.
I'd give AC4 a 9 (even thought I haven't played it yet, just staring at my Buccaneer box. lol)What a glorious box.

I'm now at 9 for AC4 as well, maybe even 9.1

Free roaming is choice as.

poptartz20
10-29-2013, 05:06 PM
metacritic gave it a lower score than I thought! an 79/100 and gameinformer gave it an 8.25/10 while AC3 got a 9/10 (not that I'm mad with that score either.. <3 AC3 lol)

Ya know... I feel like AC4 was a game for the fans. The one that "redeems" the franchise.

because I feel like all the scores the game is receiving are just safe scores for AC like all other AC games get an 8+ score. it almost seems like it's automatic. :|

scooper121s
10-30-2013, 12:30 AM
I. Have. Assassin's Creed Black Flag!!!!!!

I'm up to sequence 4, the jackdaw is awesome, Adewale is awesome, Thatch is awesome. Everything is magnificent.