PDA

View Full Version : AC3 to AC4 - The Little Things You Don't Want to see on Tuesday.

STDlyMcStudpants
10-24-2013, 05:04 AM
We have got a glimpse of what AC IV is all about.
But what about all of the things it's not about? :D
What did we see in AC 3 that you do not want to see when you put AC4 into your console on Tuesday? (I know not the same release date for everyone, play along)
Systems?
AI types?
City Types?
Mission Types?
Fanorona?
Connor? (jokes, seriously don't say Connor)

For me - Lock picking system, hope it's scrapped

Was hoping for non moving collectibles...but they're back haha.

HyperActive66
10-24-2013, 05:18 AM
A less sensitive "kick off building finish". By this I mean whenever I'm on the roof fighting someone or within a square mile of a ledge I would kick the guy off. I'd much rather finish him with my swords/hidden blades. Its so unsatisfying to just kick him off like ragdoll. Also no lockpicking as well.:D

HiddenKiller612
10-24-2013, 05:25 AM
I would say non move-able collectibles as well... but it's too late :(

pirate1802
10-24-2013, 06:02 AM
Connor.

Sigv4rd
10-24-2013, 06:56 AM
Things I don't want to see...
-------------------
-Desmond
-Playing Edward's father for the first three sequences... (I know by seq 3 we are playing Edward)
-Being stuck on a ship doing nothing interesting for an entire sequence...
-The Grand Temple
-Desmond
-Hand Holding
-Desmond
-QTE's
-Desmond
-Bugs
-The main character saying the main antagonist's name in almost every cutscene!
-Paul Revere
-DESMOND!

misterB2001
10-24-2013, 08:59 AM
Please no hand holding. Pretty please?

pacmanate
10-24-2013, 11:07 AM
No leading missions.

ladyleonhart
10-24-2013, 11:30 AM
I would say non move-able collectibles as well... but it's too late :(

What are non-moveable collectables...? :confused:

Sn1p3r-28
10-24-2013, 11:42 AM
Oh no, not those moving collectibles again... argh.

What are non-moveable collectables...? :confused:

Static collectibles like in games prior to ACIII such as Flags, Feathers etc.

ACIII had those Almanac pages that floated along a pre-designated path that if you missed them you'd have to wait for it to respawn and try and collect it again.

pirate1802
10-24-2013, 11:59 AM
I loved catching those almanac pages. More of them pls

ladyleonhart
10-24-2013, 12:01 PM
Oh no, not those moving collectibles again... argh.

Static collectibles like in games prior to ACIII such as Flags, Feathers etc.

ACIII had those Almanac pages that floated along a pre-designated path that if you missed them you'd have to wait for it to respawn and try and collect it again.

Thank you for explaining. :) I guess the Almanac pages were a bit annoying. Lol, especially on my first playthrough. :P

I don't really mind either and I did collect all the feathers in ACII. The flags in ACI, however... WOW, there were just TOO many. o_0 Then, I didn't collect all those. I probably would have if they unlocked something.

Anyway, I really hope there's a reason behind the collectables in ACIV.

pacmanate
10-24-2013, 12:03 PM
Thank you for explaining. :) I guess the Almanac pages were a bit annoying. Lol, especially on my first playthrough. :P

I don't really mind either and I did collect all the feathers in ACII. The flags in ACI, however... WOW, there were just TOO many. o_0 Then, I didn't collect all those. I probably would have if they unlocked something.

Well AC3 had reasons so i hope aC4 does

EllJim
10-24-2013, 12:13 PM

Flags were insane what was it 200+?

The Shanties are an obvious ones, like pagees we will have to chase them down but in return we get new songs for the crew! Hunting gets us upgrades Not seen any other items to collect.

Sn1p3r-28
10-24-2013, 12:15 PM
Perhaps a collectible could be Pirate Flags? that you can change your hoisted flag on the Jackdaw to?

I doubt it, but that would be awesome.

adventurewomen
10-24-2013, 02:54 PM
Connor.
Yeah! :D

lol

ACfan443
10-24-2013, 04:21 PM
I loved the lock picking system in AC3, I had never seen anything like it in a video game before, it utilised the sticks and shoulder buttons in a new and interesting way.
What I don't want to see on Tuesday? A boring and empty world. (Also, this thread is basically the same as the 'last minute concerns' thread).

STDlyMcStudpants
10-24-2013, 07:18 PM
I loved the lock picking system in AC3, I had never seen anything like it in a video game before, it utilised the sticks and shoulder buttons in a new and interesting way.
What I don't want to see on Tuesday? A boring and empty world. (Also, this thread is basically the same as the 'last minute concerns' thread).

This isn't about concerns (game breakers)
It's about immersion :D

STDlyMcStudpants
10-24-2013, 07:19 PM
Perhaps a collectible could be Pirate Flags? that you can change your hoisted flag on the Jackdaw to?

I doubt it, but that would be awesome.

I'm gonna be sooo mad if we don't get to collect feathers lol

ladyleonhart
10-24-2013, 07:33 PM
I'm gonna be sooo mad if we don't get to collect feathers lol

Lol, I think I'll miss collecting them too.

However, I can't think of a reason why Edward would be interested in feathers. :P

AnthonyA85
10-24-2013, 08:26 PM
What I don't want to see?

Timed missions where i have to run across half of the map in under a minute.

I would also say QTEs while fighting animals, but we already know they're back (at least for fighting Alligators), hopefully they're easier to execute this time round. They were real game breakers in AC3.

And i'm actually glad the lock-picking thing is gone. A feature designed for console controllers did not translate very well to mouse and keyboard. I'm glad it's gone.

x___Luffy___x
10-24-2013, 08:29 PM
Haymitch :)

pacmanate
10-24-2013, 09:01 PM
What I WANT to see is missions that have more than one goal. Instead of just "kill this guy", have something like "kill this guy, then blow this up, then sneak into tavern". And that would be one mission.