PDA

View Full Version : Use Rack Gear Mission

bradiam
10-23-2013, 01:40 AM
I am stuck on this one. I change the rack gear, but nothing happens with the mission. Is there some trick I am missing here?

Vector_Shift
10-23-2013, 02:26 AM
Same here. I was thinking about asking. I have tried everything I can think of, adding a rack, adding several racks, removing all the racks and adding one back, adjusting settings, finishing and saving the tone as "Nice Rack!". Nothing. The mission is still there.

I'm really hoping this gets fixed in a patch soon.

bradiam
10-23-2013, 03:32 AM
Well, I'm not glad you have that problem too, but am a little relieved to know that I'm not a complete idiot.

Black_Widow9
10-23-2013, 06:29 AM
Please make sure you guys contact Ubisoft Support.
Ubisoft Support Website (http://support.ubi.com/)

bradiam
10-23-2013, 07:46 PM
Figured it out! You have to complete the mission while playing under the correct path. I had to switch to bass and it opened up. Don't know why that would be, but it worked.

rcole_sooner
10-23-2013, 07:48 PM
Nope, you can complete it on any path.

You just have to select another piece of gear, not just mess with the sliders.

Maybe switching to bass, automatically switched the outboard gear and tricked it into completing the mission itself. :confused:

bradiam
10-23-2013, 07:52 PM
Nope. Believe me. I've spent several hours switching and renaming and messing with sliders and saving and everything else I could think of. Switching to the bass path is what finally got it to clear. I did the exact same thing I did on the rhythm and lead paths where I tried it before. When I switched to bass, switching out the rack gear finally got it.

It might be that just that one is bugged, or some sort of glitch, but that's what it did.

rcole_sooner
10-23-2013, 07:58 PM
Hmmm, I have not noticed needing to stay on the same path. I switch paths quite often.

I got stuck on Play One More Song for a while, and thought I had to be on the path I started it on, but found out I just missed a menu option the game was wanting me to select.

Granted I was on the same path for the Tone Designer rack gear mission.

bradiam
10-23-2013, 08:20 PM
yeah, I don't know either. I just completed the next gear mission on a different path, so it may just be that mission was bugged somehow.

My bass, rhythm, and lead paths have three different missions on them right now (play 2 new song, 1 new song, and get 150 note streak respectively). I assume that is normal though.

Braintrust18
10-24-2013, 03:35 AM
I think its looking for an EQ rack. I tried switching between lead, rythm and bass and that had no effect. But I chose an EQ rack and that worked. The bit of help that he speaks when you complete the mission mentions EQ as well.

bradiam
10-24-2013, 03:41 AM
interesting. That's entirely possible too. I may have just chosen that one at random. I wonder if we can get someone to test it.

ForkofBone
10-24-2013, 04:01 AM
I believe I picked some rack EQ effect and got it right away.

phillipbarney
10-24-2013, 04:57 AM
I'm also stuck there. I will try the eq rack and see if it works. If not I will switch to bass and see if that gets it moving. I will let you know

Vector_Shift
10-24-2013, 05:58 AM
I tried different types of racks as well. Let me try an EQ rack right now... Gah! NOTHING! I tried all four EQ racks on all three paths. I still have the mission.

Ample_Jar
10-24-2013, 04:02 PM
I'm stuck here as well. I tried all of the EQ racks and switching paths but no dice.

SH-elx
10-24-2013, 04:13 PM
I had issues with this, but forget exactly how I got past it, so forgive me if I'm wrong. I think it worked upon adding a second piece of rack gear, there are 2 slots. You may have to remove a pedal elsewhere to do this.

Ample_Jar
10-24-2013, 04:43 PM
I had issues with this, but forget exactly how I got past it, so forgive me if I'm wrong. I think it worked upon adding a second piece of rack gear, there are 2 slots. You may have to remove a pedal elsewhere to do this.

I just completed this mission. I had previously tried using both rack slots but nothing happened. What finally worked was removing everything and then using both slots in rack gear.

Failure444
10-24-2013, 05:33 PM
Ok. Well I had an eq in the rack with another rack piece when the challenge came up. So I took everything out and tried just the eq. Nothing. When I put another piece of equipment in it then finally it binged. I don't know what the secret was. Could it be removing and putting back in? Don't know. But after that nothing else gave me an issue.

Yrd
10-24-2013, 06:10 PM
I have been getting tone designer missions and hadn't had any problems on any except one pedal that wouldn't complete when I selected the pedal. I exited tone designer and went back in and it finally registered.

I completed the rack one with no issues.

I go in to the piece they want, select the one they are asking for and exit tone designer if there's no other mission in tone designer, without saving the tone every time.

C.Linton
10-25-2013, 01:39 PM
One question. How do you use more than one slot for effects?

noop101
10-25-2013, 03:14 PM
I just got through all the tone designer missions last night and don't recall there being anything difficult about completing them. The only thing I found annoying is that it would tell me to equip a certain type of pedal but there was no obvious category to look in so you have to go into each one by one and scroll through the list to find a suitable one.

rcole_sooner
10-25-2013, 03:19 PM
You can move the effects together into one slot, but I don't see any way to add more than 2 effects total (not counting rack stuff).

sixela18
10-26-2013, 01:56 PM
I was stuck on this one too until just now! I was trying them one by one and got the mission with the STUDIO CHORUS in MOD! hope it'll work for you too!

drannith13
10-26-2013, 09:53 PM
Just barely finished this mission. I had to switch from Lead to Rhythm and add in a studio EQ rack. Looking at the mission complete it says "Use the Studio reverb or studio EQ to add the finishing touches to a good tone." Hope that helps!

Kirei85
10-27-2013, 09:24 AM
Just barely finished this mission. I had to switch from Lead to Rhythm and add in a studio EQ rack. Looking at the mission complete it says "Use the Studio reverb or studio EQ to add the finishing touches to a good tone." Hope that helps!

Switching the path didn't help me. But using the two EQ-racks worked for me.

stacedog02
10-28-2013, 07:42 AM
Looks like some great tips, I'm stuck on this one too, no troubles with all the others. I'll try removing and fitting two eq racks, fingers crossed.

frAzzed2
10-28-2013, 09:15 AM
having the same problem on xbox.
tried all suggestions. no go. booo

Klopzi
10-29-2013, 02:34 PM
UPDATE: Finally cleared the mission. Seems to randomly work. After restarting my Xbox and the game many times over the past few days, the mission finally unlocked for me last night using the techniques listed throughout this thread. Keep at it and it'll work out.

--

Has anyone found a definitive answer to completing this mission. I've restarted the game, restarted the Xbox, cleared out all pedals/effect and added only Studio EQ and then added other pieces of rack gear and nothing. Mission just won't clear for me. Had a few issues with some of the other tone missions as well but those were all solved by game restarts.

Hate bugs that stop me from getting achievements.

rcole_sooner
10-29-2013, 04:01 PM
Post a screen shot showing the mission description.

pulpsmack
10-29-2013, 09:11 PM
FWIW... I have never switched missions and I got stuck here too. My mission was simply "use Rack Gear". There was no "add this for a finishing touch". I tried different numbers of Rack FX and different kinds of FX. What worked for me was this:

1. Restart the darned game.

2. REMOVE ALL PEDALS, PRE AND LOOP. (you should now be able to add as many as 4 Rack FX by removing the pedals)

3. Add 4 DIFFERENT RACK SYSTEMS (perhaps it is looking for some combo at this point, feel free to add some of the suggested FX).

Once you have done this (or got the magic combo) you get the accomplishment automatically. No tweaking, playing or performing necessary. I believe there is a glitch/bug with this one

rcole_sooner
10-29-2013, 09:13 PM
I did not have to do any of that stuff. Of course this may be a rack gear mission I have not hit yet.

sucellos16
10-30-2013, 02:35 AM
I was finally able to complete this mission. I had to remove one of the pedals above, so I could have 3 Rack slot. And then added an EQ to the new slot.
Also, upon completing the mission, the text reads "Use the Studio reverb or studio EQ to add the finishing touches on a good tone.", hopefully that is helpful to those still stuck on this.
(I did switch from Lead to Bass before I did this, not sure if that made a difference)

Squidlech
10-31-2013, 02:11 AM
I was finally able to complete this mission. I had to remove one of the pedals above, so I could have 3 Rack slot. And then added an EQ to the new slot.
Also, upon completing the mission, the text reads "Use the Studio reverb or studio EQ to add the finishing touches on a good tone.", hopefully that is helpful to those still stuck on this.
(I did switch from Lead to Bass before I did this, not sure if that made a difference)

I had the same thing. I think the Rack Gear missions are looking for specific things, but for some reason i doesn't' tell you what it is until afterward. Mine was "use a studio reverb or EQ," but others may have different things. Maybe just try ever type of rack gear.

sh1kamaru-
11-02-2013, 09:32 AM
between that and the game constantly asking me to do better on afterlife, I’m pretty much stuck on missions at this point :/

Black_Widow9
11-02-2013, 09:08 PM
Completing the Use Rack Gear Mission is timing specific. You should be able to complete this on any path using any slot. It is possible to select a Rack Gear Item and equip it too fast so that the item does not load in completely so the game then does not recognize it.

Highlight a piece of Gear, wait a few seconds for the item to completely load in (allow it to drop in from the ceiling and into the loft), select the item to proceed to the Gear Settings Menu and then select finish.

Please let me know if this works for you. :)

sh1kamaru-
11-03-2013, 12:48 AM
Black_Widow9, thanks a lot, but unfortunately it does not work, maybe there are race conditions indeed, making that one randomly triggered, but I took time to brush my teeth before selecting it and it didn’t work. I tried a few other ones, making sure to wait several seconds but it does not work. Do you have a link to a tracker ticket ? I assume this issue is well known now, no need for a duplicate, but if I can add my feedback somewhere I would do it. I tried to do a search but it returned nothing.

[EDIT] in case it can be useful, the options menu tells me I’ve got version v160.228907.

Black_Widow9
11-03-2013, 05:06 AM
You're welcome. It may work for some. :( What system are you playing on? I would also create a Ticket either way so they have the information.

GasserNorm
11-03-2013, 01:27 PM
I was stuck on this for an hour, the solution was to add another EQ to the rack for a total of two EQs. This was on an Xbox.

sh1kamaru-
11-04-2013, 12:05 AM
Well, the title said PS3, so I am. I will try the double EQ, and post a ticket tomorrow

[EDIT] oh nice the double EQ worked ! it was already loaded in memory I suppose so that’s why it worked, thanks GasserNorm !

TummyBanana
11-04-2013, 08:22 PM
tried all of the above with no joy. Hey ho just have to wait for it to be fixed by Ubis**t

One_Big_DogLog
11-04-2013, 09:09 PM
My 13 yr old nephew suggested that I load Only Rack Gear. This did the trick for me.

Damn kid is thinking he's pretty smart. No living with him now!

TummyBanana
11-04-2013, 10:24 PM
Just got it
When I started up, the game took a longer time to access the Ubi server so not sure if that had anything to do with it

I've been following the Bass path
1. I went to Tone designer
2. removed the loop pedal
3.added Studio Paragraphic EQ
4 then added Studio hall reverb, then Boom! mission completed, didn't even need to back up any menus

I have taken to taking a photo of the screen when a new mission is actvated, as there is often important info included

LessLargemarge
11-04-2013, 10:31 PM
I had this issue on 360 as well. After trying to complete it repeatedly, it finally worked. I tried changing paths to bass, but that didn't help. It finally unlocked when I changed to the lead path, went right into tone designer, and edited the rack by selecting two EQ racks (patiently waiting a few seconds each time for the gear to load). I didn't have to remove or change any other equipment. Just presto, it worked. Hope this helps.

Jhenri87
11-21-2013, 09:35 AM
I was stuck here to but then I tried the 2 eq method and it finally worked when I used the same eq in both slots.

chisk-eee
12-12-2013, 07:34 AM
Did anyone notice a duplicate saved file while experiencing this problem? That has been a constant for me and developers gave no solution but to stick to the forum. After the 1.1 release everything went worse and the difficulty on the songs was lowered, even though I raise it on Riff Repeater. Now I'm afraid I have to start all over again to have everyting right