PDA

View Full Version : Prices of Assassin's Creed in different countries.

alex009988
10-22-2013, 03:36 PM
Hi everyone. I'm a newbie on this forum and I've already paid for Assassin's creed 4 deluxe edition + season pack because I really love this game.
At the same time, I was surprised intensely for real as the prices differ from their analogue in each country about twice for the same product.
For example, let's take a look at amazon. Here we can see standard edition which costs 54,99€. As I understand, it is even not a deluxe version.
http://www.amazon.de/Assassins-Creed-Black-Edition-Steelcase/dp/B00BY99HMI
Now, go to a Russian shop called gamazavr.
http://gamazavr.ru/product/14684256/
It costs 999rubles, that is approximately 23,80€ or 30,30$.
In American shop, the price is 59,99$.
http://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Creed-IV-Black-Flag-Xbox/dp/B00BMFIXT2
Why is it so expensive in American and European shops? And why is here a reasonable price in Russia?

meeeellar
10-22-2013, 06:56 PM
People don't earn/have as much money in countries like Russia.

If companies charged the same price for games as they did in the rest of the EU and US then people living in Russia (and other countries with lower wages/earning) wouldn't be to afford their games and would most likely pirate them.

This is also the reason for games having region locking, so that people don't abuse the low prices in such countries.

Anykeyer
10-22-2013, 09:21 PM
This isnt true. Console games or even ms windows actually priced noticably higher in russia than US or EU. And ppl are buying.
Thats just PC games market, PC games were cheap for decades in ru and cis. Now imagine someone trying to sell you something at triple price when nearby store has the same at "normal" price. Its hard to change that.
But this often does not come without drawbacks. What you will get in russia is restricted copy. Either single language (russian translations suck badly) or country check at launch or worse. A lot of players actually want to have an option to freely buy full priced EU versions from services such as Steam and not being forced to choose between broken edition or having to deal with private traders.

Sucr31993
10-22-2013, 09:43 PM
Hello guys i bought Assassin's Creed IV Black Flax Digital Deluxe Edition on steam gift. I activated the game on my account and i have this version :

Assassin's Creed Black Flag Digital Deluxe Edition (RU+CIS)

Im from Poland I will not be able to play in my country ? I have all games Assassin's Creed series on my account. This is very bad message for me if I can not play. Sorry for My bad english. Thanks

Anykeyer
10-23-2013, 09:36 AM
If nothing changes you wont be able to play. You also wont be able to buy proper version from Steam. Contact Steam support.

alex009988
10-23-2013, 11:17 AM
People don't earn/have as much money in countries like Russia..
Sorry, I think you could be wrong. Russia is not a poor country and salaries depends on job.
Moreover, taxes of wages are 30-40% in US while in Russia it is only 13%. But there are also some disadvantages, to my mind, the richest people can pay more to the government.
By the way, the tax of dividends is only 9% that is unfair in dramatic fashion to the rest of citizens who pay their 13%-tax from usual salary which is 1000-4000$ a month, depends on town.
As far as I know the average salary in US is about 50000-70000$ per year without taxes.
In this case, Russian ones have not so great distinction in comparison with American wages. Am I right?

. What you will get in russia is restricted copy.
I bought the full version namely deluxe + season pack(-25%). 30+10=40$ together.
Based upon the previous experience with assassin's creed 3 I remember I had the ability to change Russian to English.
As it was previous said, I bought the full degital version whereas at amazon, I cannot see what edition do I buy. They didn't write what it is exactly, limited edition or the deluxe one.