PDA

View Full Version : When do you expect AC4 to be leaked?

lonewarrior30
10-21-2013, 01:24 PM
So we are nearly there,in just 1 week we will have AC4 in our hands (except for those who are buying it for next-gen snif snif) and,of course,we can expect the first minutes of the game to be leaked.Last year it was on october 22nd,7 days before the game actually came out.So when do you think AC4 will be leaked? write a date in the comments and those who guess it right will recieve a cookie :D.
Also are you going to watch the leaked video?

zeo6016
10-21-2013, 01:28 PM
So we are nearly there,in just 1 week we will have AC4 in our hands (except for those who are buying it for next-gen snif snif) and,of course,we can expect the first minutes of the game to be leaked.Last year it was on october 22nd,7 days before the game actually came out.So when do you think AC4 will be leaked? write a date in the comments and those who guess it right will recieve a cookie :D.
Also are you going to watch the leaked video?

5 days before release i think , and i will do all my best to not watch it :D

adventurewomen
10-21-2013, 01:31 PM
Why is even a discussion, why did you even start this thread.. suspect.

pacmanate
10-21-2013, 01:31 PM
It will leak 25/26th.

lonewarrior30
10-21-2013, 01:34 PM
Why is even a discussion, why did you even start this thread.. suspect.

No particular reason.I thought it would be a fun little topic you know everyone posting their guesses

Sn1p3r-28
10-21-2013, 01:37 PM
Soon... probably within the next few days, if i had to say a date the 25th. I won't be watching it.

FrankieSatt
10-21-2013, 01:38 PM
I'm sure it's already out there and we'll be seeing videos within the next 2 days.

DisbandedBox359
10-21-2013, 01:39 PM
Must resist temptation to watch it haha.

Aphex_Tim
10-21-2013, 01:39 PM
I will never understand why some people who look forward to a game would want to watch the intro or other parts of the game and have them spoiled several days before release.
Not saying you guys are doing that but it happens!

pacmanate
10-21-2013, 01:40 PM
Im going to watch the leaked stuff for sure, but only random free running.

Just a reminder, no posts to leaked footage.

Mr_Shade
10-21-2013, 01:40 PM
Don't know why people get 'excited' for a leak..

All it means is more chance of having the game spoiled... since we won't be able to stop it ;)

TBH no online reviewers should be posting anything till much closer..and they wouldn't dare leak footage ;)

pacmanate
10-21-2013, 01:44 PM
Im going to watch the leaked stuff for sure, but only random free running.

Just a reminder, no posts to leaked footage.

Good Idea!

Mr_Shade
10-21-2013, 01:49 PM
:rolleyes:

Just be careful - since people love to trick others.. one time I saw a video of general gameplay - flash up the ending.. LOL

Legendz54
10-21-2013, 01:49 PM
I will be long gone dark before any leaks.

pacmanate
10-21-2013, 01:51 PM
I will be long gone dark before any leaks.

To be fair you might want to any day now just to make sure. You never know, the internet is full of surprises.

Legendz54
10-21-2013, 01:53 PM
Yea.. will be going dark in a day or two.

pacmanate
10-21-2013, 01:55 PM

Just be careful - since people love to trick others.. one time I saw a video of general gameplay - flash up the ending.. LOL

Hahahaha! That's amazing.

FrankieSatt
10-21-2013, 01:55 PM
I will never understand why some people who look forward to a game would want to watch the intro or other parts of the game and have them spoiled several days before release.
Not saying you guys are doing that but it happens!

I saw the opening scene for Skyrim a week before it came out. I watched it 5 times at least before it came out. It didn't spoil the game for me at all, it gave me a look at the personalization of the character creation and the graphics. If anything is made me even more excited for the game.

I say that to say I'll be looking on youtube for videos in a few days.

Mr_Shade
10-21-2013, 01:56 PM
Hahahaha! That's amazing.
I'll remember that - when you get the ending spoiled :P

tbh - you know you should NEVER trust posts from people on here, like bad frame rates in games..

unless it's from me :P

Layytez
10-21-2013, 02:03 PM
End of this week.

Legendz54
10-21-2013, 02:08 PM
This time i am going to be triple aware and actually leave these forums and never come back until i finish the game.

On a side note, anyone going to a midnight launch?

Sn1p3r-28
10-21-2013, 02:10 PM
This time i am going to be triple aware and actually leave these forums and never come back until i finish the game.

Good idea.

I won't be this year but I'll be there when the store opens on the 29th.

Nice sig btw.

pacmanate
10-21-2013, 02:12 PM

No :'(

I actually wanted to work at a gamestore and do the midnight shift last year for AC3, would have loved it.

EllJim
10-21-2013, 02:14 PM

I actually wanted to work at a gamestore and do the midnight shift last year for AC3, would have loved it.

As someone who was a Game store manager for a few years I can tell you you wouldn't have best to be a customer and just buy and go. Midnight launches were always a pain in the backside.

pacmanate
10-21-2013, 02:16 PM
As someone who wasa Game store maanger for a few years I can tell you you wouldn't have best to be a customer and just buy and go. Midnight launches were always pains in the backsides.

Well thank god I was too lazy to apply!

Legendz54
10-21-2013, 02:23 PM
Good idea.

I won't be this year but I'll be there when the store opens on the 29th.

Nice sig btw.

Usually my local store holds midnight releases for the AC'S so i will be going hopefully, Still need to give them a call to confirm, Its actually quite relaxing taking a drive at night to collect your game, having a chat to other fans when you get there and driving home in anticipation to play your game.

Mr_Shade
10-21-2013, 02:33 PM
Usually my local store holds midnight releases for the AC'S so i will be going hopefully, Still need to give them a call to confirm, Its actually quite relaxing taking a drive at night to collect your game, having a chat to other fans when you get there and driving home in anticipation to play your game.
you forgot the 2 hour wait in the rain ;)

tbh I always go, if I'm buying at retail :)

Legendz54
10-21-2013, 02:39 PM
you forgot the 2 hour wait in the rain ;)

tbh I always go, if I'm buying at retail :)

How many people go to the launch in the UK? Here in Australia theres only about 5-8 inside the shopping centre waiting outside EB games. The wait is about 30 mins for me.

ladyleonhart
10-21-2013, 02:39 PM

I will probably be doing the same, and at least I won't have to witness the flood of pointless complaints. ;)

No, since I will have ACIV delivered on the day of release. :D

DisbandedBox359
10-21-2013, 02:41 PM
Is it going dark time then? haha

Mr_Shade
10-21-2013, 02:45 PM
How many people go to the launch in the UK? Here in Australia theres only about 5-8 inside the shopping centre waiting outside EB games. The wait is about 30 mins for me.
Last one I went to in my town, BO2 it was about 2 hours before I got the game - must have been about 200 people if not more - and it's not that huge a place.

The guys at the front, got there at 9:30 for 12:00 release - I turned up at 11:30;)

DisbandedBox359
10-21-2013, 02:49 PM

I usually pre order and get it delivered since nearest GAME is half an hour away and I'm lazy like that haha.

xXRazvanXx
10-21-2013, 02:49 PM
Ok,this thread made me wonder,so i checked the best tracker in my country and this is what i found.
Assassin`s Creed - no date (couldn`t find the original upload)
Assassin`s Creed 2 - 2009-11-12/20:12:42
Assassin`s Creed Brotherhood - 2010-11-12/19:00:35
Assassin`s Creed Revelations - 2011-11-10/19:41:45
Assassin`s Creed 3 - 2012-10-25/23:55:34

So i`ll say 4-5 days before the official launch date.

pacmanate
10-21-2013, 02:52 PM
This is what GTAV launch was like for Ian. He's the Eurogamer guy, brings us lots of new AC fun stuff. As you can see, the queue entered the dark abyss.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BUUcWY7IMAAP_yv.jpg:large

Mr_Shade
10-21-2013, 02:53 PM
I might go to our local one, just to show my face to the staff - they all know me - so can say 'sorry' to them in person for them working late! LOL

Dag_B
10-21-2013, 02:53 PM
I won't watch leaked material. Problem is, besides tricks, that people do not have the same opinion what's spoiler and what not. So you never can be sure if there is anything you do not want to know, even if it's declared as "spoiler free".

Only yesterday I read a review where it was stated that after thatandthat playtime you will be able to play as Edward.
The paged that posted it seems to think, that this is no spoiler at all (they usually give spoileralerts if they thing, there might be to much info in it). For me it was kind of a spoiler, as I'm really curious if there will be a "surprise" like with Connors Dad. Now I have a rough idea. No gamebreaker, but it bugged me. =/

EllJim
10-21-2013, 02:56 PM
This is what GTAV launch was like for Ian. He's the Eurogamer guy, brings us lots of new AC fun stuff. As you can see, the queue entered the dark abyss.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BUUcWY7IMAAP_yv.jpg:large

Thanks for that that brings back years of my life *shudder* trying to cash up at 2 am, then to come back and open up again.....

I don't think many Game stores will be doing a midnight release for this, perhaps just the major cities (Manchester, Liverpool etc) also depends on the shopping centre (if it's in one) some charge a fortune for the stores to open... so it normally works out if it's a GTA but maybe (sorry UBI) not AC.

I expect game footage to appear from Friday onwards simply because UBI will have to deliver to distribution before the weekend to get it in the stores Monday for Tuesday and its "normally" at distribution where these things are "borrowed".

Mr_Shade
10-21-2013, 03:44 PM
I expect game footage to appear from Friday onwards simply because UBI will have to deliver to distribution before the weekend to get it in the stores Monday for Tuesday and its "normally" at distribution where these things are "borrowed".

Well I hope no one expects that 'footage' to remain on the forums for long ;)

FR0ZENZiNE
10-21-2013, 04:37 PM
It will leak 25/26th.

Earlier. I got AC3 on the 24th and there were Walktroughs of AC3 on the 23rd . (Was ferared to get banned from Live, so I waited till the release, haha)

pirate1802
10-21-2013, 04:45 PM
Right about...now!

Mr_Shade
10-21-2013, 04:48 PM

pacmanate
10-21-2013, 04:51 PM
Seeing as AC4 releases on a Tuesday, likelyhood is people will either get it Monday or Saturday, maybe earlier if they work for a store and steal it.

Thats why I hate Sundays, no post on Sundays.

However I am glad Arkham Origins comes out on the friday cause I should have it Wednesday.

ArabianFrost
10-21-2013, 05:21 PM
I only watched it last year to know what happened to Desmond after ACR, otherwise, watching missions play out is pretty mundane, so I won't even want to watch it.

xXRazvanXx
10-21-2013, 06:01 PM
Aaaaaand Batman Arkham Origins is leaked -_-'

Layytez
10-21-2013, 06:18 PM
Yeah I think Russians leaked it lol.

ArabianFrost
10-21-2013, 06:19 PM
So what are the guys using Arkham Origins to wait for AC4 going to use to wait until Arkham Origins releases? Leaks are already starting to seep.

Layytez
10-21-2013, 06:21 PM
Meditation ? Lol

DisbandedBox359
10-21-2013, 06:30 PM
So what are the guys using Arkham Origins to wait for AC4 going to use to wait until Arkham Origins releases? Leaks are already starting to seep.

GTA online for me

Spider_Sith9
10-21-2013, 06:55 PM
AC4 I heard of someone getting an early copy and he reviewed it. It was a nice person so no spoilers so... The person said this is the best game in the series.

pacmanate
10-21-2013, 07:37 PM

I am!

Templar_Az
10-21-2013, 07:42 PM
When a hole is put through the Jackdaw then I expect the game to leak... that dont make sense...

STDlyMcStudpants
10-21-2013, 08:07 PM
Idk why so many games do this...it makes those first 10-20 min boring when you get to play it yourself =/
I'll never watch a walkthrough of a game i plan on buying.

STDlyMcStudpants
10-21-2013, 08:09 PM
ps i dont really call it a "leak" a leak is an accident...these walkthroughs are on purpose.

pacmanate
10-21-2013, 08:34 PM
ps i dont really call it a "leak" a leak is an accident...these walkthroughs are on purpose.

An the game accidentally got into a persons hands before release

SixKeys
10-21-2013, 08:35 PM
Last year I would have been long gone by this time. This year I'm not that worried about spoilers though. AC4 is like a completely new chapter in the series. I used to worry about spoilers because of the continuous Desmond plot. Now that his story is done and the new modern protagonist is ourselves, there's not much to worry about. Those who have read "Forsaken" even know how Edward's story ends. I'm still going to go dark a few days before the release, but even if the story got spoiled for me early, this year I wouldn't be so pissed about it as in previous years.

pacmanate
10-21-2013, 08:36 PM
I WANT LEEKS.

Now.

STDlyMcStudpants
10-21-2013, 08:43 PM
Last year I would have been long gone by this time. This year I'm not that worried about spoilers though. AC4 is like a completely new chapter in the series. I used to worry about spoilers because of the continuous Desmond plot. Now that his story is done and the new modern protagonist is ourselves, there's not much to worry about. Those who have read "Forsaken" even know how Edward's story ends. I'm still going to go dark a few days before the release, but even if the story got spoiled for me early, this year I wouldn't be so pissed about it as in previous years.

I wouldn't count it as a spoiler if you didn't get detail..(I don't know the details of how)
But it's obvious a man from that time can't still be alive today...he had to have died...every AAA assassins story except Connor has ended with death so far.
I myself haven't read forsaken, I just know that edward dies young (idk how young 30s? 40s? and would like to keep it that way) and that we will more than likely get his whole story in one game because of it (which i am ecstatic for)

ArabianFrost
10-21-2013, 08:44 PM
I WANT LEEKS.

Now.
Really?

We pretty much had more gameplay previews than the entirety of AC marketing history for 8 years.

I remember AC3 had me itching for some free-roam gameplay. With AC4, I don't have the smallest urge to watch gameplay. The moder part is completely new, so there isn't a need to follow up what happened. The historical is pretty much half new/half predicted, so it would be weird to have an urge to explore what it's about, considering we have a general idea of how it will play. We have had enough Naval and free-roam gameplay to last us centuries.

At this point I'm pretty much tired of watching gameplay (never thought I'd say this for an AC game before its release). I just want to get my hands on this beast everyone is in awe of.

pacmanate
I myself haven't read forsaken, I just know that edward dies young (idk how young and would like to keep it that way) and that we will more than likely get his whole story in one game because of it (which i am ecstatic for)

He dies when he is

apple juice

pacmanate
Really?

We pretty much had more gameplay previews than the entirety of AC marketing history for 8 years.

I remember AC3 had me itching for some free-roam gameplay. With AC4, I don't have the smallest urge to watch gameplay. The moder part is completely new, so there isn't a need to follow up what happened. The historical is pretty much half new/half predicted, so it would be weird to have an urge to explore what it's about, considering we have a general idea of how it will play. We have had enough Naval and free-roam gameplay to last us centuries.

At this point I'm pretty much tired of watching gameplay (never thought I'd say this for an AC game before its release). I just want to get my hands on this beast everyone is in awe of.

I never said I was gonna watch it :P I want leaks so you guys get scared and flee.

Farlander1991
10-21-2013, 08:54 PM
I'll probably end up watching the first sequence or so after the game comes out on PS3/X360. From gameplay element I know that it's still gonna teach the basics (which as a person who's been with the series since first AC PC release date is not really exciting anyway), I'm curious how Edward gets involved in the Assassin/Templar conflict, and that should keep me satisfied until the PC release date.

Assassin_M
10-21-2013, 08:56 PM
about 3 more days....give or take a day or two.

http://necroticsinema.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/jc262.jpg?w=232

ArabianFrost
10-21-2013, 09:00 PM

http://necroticsinema.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/jc262.jpg?w=232

Hesh men hena yala. Zis is for the beautiful people that pre-ordered.

Assassin_M
10-21-2013, 09:01 PM
Hesh men hena yala. Zis is for the beautiful people that pre-ordered.
tsd2 3eb..wallahi 3eb

I hate you...America never leaks early, but everywhere else there's leaks...hwhay? HWHHAAAAAAY???

FrankieSatt
10-21-2013, 09:02 PM
I wouldn't count it as a spoiler if you didn't get detail..(I don't know the details of how)
But it's obvious a man from that time can't still be alive today...he had to have died...every AAA assassins story except Connor has ended with death so far.
I myself haven't read forsaken, I just know that edward dies young (idk how young 30s? 40s? and would like to keep it that way) and that we will more than likely get his whole story in one game because of it (which i am ecstatic for)

Edward DIES????? How can you spoil the game like that??? He is supposed to be IMMORTAL!!!! Now I have to cancel my pre-order because you ruined my game!!!!!!! BASTARD!!!!!

:rolleyes::p:D

Yeah, I was being sarcastic. Really though, I never knew he died young. I'm just hoping he doesn't die at the end of the game so that when we continue we are aren't having to play a character that we know is dead. Even the Animus can't fix that amount of stupidity.

pacmanate
10-21-2013, 09:02 PM

What are you getting AC4 on? Or are you still waiting,,, for the end?

Assassin_M
10-21-2013, 09:06 PM
What are you getting AC4 on? Or are you still waiting,,, for the end?
I was going to get it next year on next gen, but then Watch Dogs got delayed and now i'll just get it for PS3 xP

ArabianFrost
10-21-2013, 09:09 PM
tsd2 3eb..wallahi 3eb

I hate you...America never leaks early, but everywhere else there's leaks...hwhay? HWHHAAAAAAY???
Cauz za beoble are not ready for za leakage.
http://i.imgur.com/KXzRUSB.jpg

ArabianFrost
10-21-2013, 09:10 PM
I was going to get it next year on next gen, but then Watch Dogs got delayed and now i'll just get it for PS3 xP

Welcome to the plebeian current-gen cesspit, where everything runs at 10 fps unless stated otherwise.

killzab
10-21-2013, 09:11 PM

Lol, I love how everyone on this board is changing their minds. " blah I'm not getting it day one, I'll wait for feedback to see if it's worth my time, AC3 sucked blah"

And now everyone's coming up with excuses to buy it as soon as it gets out.

Not that it's a bad thing though, it's just amusing. :D

pacmanate
10-21-2013, 09:13 PM

I knew it!

Ever since you said you weren't buying It I knew something would change your mind :p

Assassin_M
10-21-2013, 09:15 PM
I knew it!

Ever since you said you weren't buying It I knew something would change your mind :p
I'm never NOT going to buy an AC game xD I was just going to buy it later >_>

Assassin_M
10-21-2013, 09:17 PM
Lol, I love how everyone on this board is changing their minds. " blah I'm not getting it day one, I'll wait for feedback to see if it's worth my time, AC3 sucked blah"

Feedback will be available WAY before the game releases and I never said i'll wait for feedback, because I don't trust other people's opinions nor the professional reviews...so yeah, when I said i'm not buying, It was because WD was coming out at roughly the same time and well....priorities...the fact that I thought about delaying an AC game for another game says a lot about my current opinion of AC

Welcome to the plebeian current-gen cesspit, where everything runs at 10 fps unless stated otherwise.
You're overreacting :)

ArabianFrost
10-21-2013, 09:18 PM
Feedback will be available WAY before the game releases and I never said i'll wait for feedback, because I don't trust other people's opinions nor the professional reviews...so yeah, when I said i'm not buying, It was because WD was coming out at roughly the same time and well....priorities...the fact that I thought about delaying an AC game for another game says a lot about my current opinion of AC

In other words, just leave the AC forums and never come back you traitor.

killzab
10-21-2013, 09:18 PM

I was just talking about people in general, not you in particular, but yeah I see your point.

FrankieSatt
10-21-2013, 09:19 PM

I've done said that I'm buying it for the Pirate stuff only. I'm not expecting much from the AC side of the game as far as Edward goes, not sure about the Present Day time line but I'm not a fan of the player being the main character for the Present Day time line. That seems to me like a cheap way of doing things instead of actually taking the time to create a new Present Day character.

pacmanate
I'm never NOT going to buy an AC game xD I was just going to buy it later >_>

Yeah I know, but I knew you would get it on release

cuz u suck

Assassin_M
In other words, just leave the AC forums and never come back you traitor.
You suck D:

I was just talking about people in general, not you in particular, but yeah I see your point.
That's okay, I was just explaining my views.

Assassin_M
10-21-2013, 09:20 PM
Yeah I know, but I knew you would get it on release

cuz u suck
No U

pacmanate
10-21-2013, 09:21 PM
No U

Don't start, I don't want to get banned spam parring with you haha

ze_topazio
10-21-2013, 09:23 PM
It was already leaked and i have seen it, the game starts with Edward's great-grandfather in Australia for 7 sequences, only then moves to Edward.

Farlander1991
10-21-2013, 09:24 PM
It was already leaked and i have seen it, the game starts with Edward's great-grandfather in Australia for 7 sequences, only then moves to Edward.

Correction, it goes to the grandfather for 3 sequences after that and the father for 2. We play as Edward only in sequence 13.

FrankieSatt
10-21-2013, 09:28 PM
Correction, it goes to the grandfather for 3 sequences after that and the father for 2. We play as Edward only in sequence 13.

Not sure if ya'll are making this stuff up or not but you might be careful about it because the mods will start banning people for spoilers, or you might want to let people know you are joking about it.

ze_topazio
10-21-2013, 09:28 PM

I didn't reach that part, i stopped in the scene when the great-grandfather makes love with Juno and i assumed we would move to Edward after that.

FrankieSatt
10-21-2013, 09:30 PM
I didn't reach that part, i stopped in the scene when the great-grandfather makes love with Juno and i assumed we would move to Edward after that.

Damn you people and your spoilers. :p

SixKeys
10-21-2013, 09:34 PM
I was pretty surprised that at the end the modern day protagonist actually turned out to be Lucy. Wasn't expecting that.

Assassin_M
10-21-2013, 09:36 PM
I was pretty surprised that at the end the modern day protagonist actually turned out to be Lucy. Wasn't expecting that.
Okay, I fell for this one....Damm your nonchalance :|

Farlander1991
10-21-2013, 09:40 PM
Okay, I fell for this one....Damm your nonchalance :|

Now watch how Shade hastily deletes that message. That would be hilarious :D

ze_topazio
10-21-2013, 09:40 PM
Vidic being alive after all was pretty surprising too.

Assassin_M
10-21-2013, 09:44 PM
Now watch how Shade hastily deletes that message. That would be hilarious :D
"aaaaand deleted...........oh wait, that wasn't real?"

Farlander1991
10-21-2013, 09:54 PM
"aaaaand deleted...........oh wait, that wasn't real?"

Well, I personally think that it would be hilarious because it would prove that it was real more than because it sounds real :D

Assassin_M
10-21-2013, 09:56 PM
Well, I personally think that it would be hilarious because it would prove that it was real more than because it sounds real :D
Oh Oh, I got you, I got you xD

Sorry, I got confused up there xP

pacmanate
10-21-2013, 10:06 PM
Cant believe you just ruined the ending :(

SixKeys
10-21-2013, 10:07 PM
Mr_Shade: "Just a reminder to everyone, Ubisoft does not comment on rumors and speculation..."

Darby: "OH ****! She actually got that one right! Quick, Shade, use the ban hammer!!"

Mr_Shade
10-21-2013, 11:17 PM
Tbh, posting fake endings - is just ASKING for a troll to come along and post the real one...

so, don't come running crying if it happens..

silvermercy
10-21-2013, 11:22 PM
Wait...

What if...

http://th09.deviantart.net/fs70/150/f/2012/104/0/f/conspiracy_keanu_vector_by_epicbzzboy3-d4w7blr.png

There is NO ending....

ArabianFrost
10-21-2013, 11:23 PM
Tbh, posting fake endings - is just ASKING for a troll to come along and post the real one...

so, don't come running crying if it happens..

That turned dark, fast :-/ sowwy Shadey.

Legendz54
10-21-2013, 11:28 PM
Ok thats it.. Im going dark. Even if it is fake im not risking anything about the real ending.

Mr_Shade
10-22-2013, 12:10 AM
And..

we have have lock down..

posting fake spoilers will get you banned for trolling...

Same as last year (you notice my thread has been recycled ;))

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/802067-*IMPORTANT*-Please-read-SPOILER-WARNING-RULES

non negotiable - no complaining - no picking holes in the rules - no try it be smart and bypass them.

if you don't like the rules, see you after they are removed ;)

SixKeys
10-22-2013, 12:27 AM
See? I was right. Darby got worried because I guessed the ending and told Shade to lay down the law. ;)

J/K.... No harm meant. I won't do it again.

ladyleonhart
10-22-2013, 12:30 AM
Same as last year (you notice my thread has been recycled ;))

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/802067-*IMPORTANT*-Please-read-SPOILER-WARNING-RULES

non negotiable - no complaining - no picking holes in the rules - no try it be smart and bypass them.

if you don't like the rules, see you after they are removed ;)

I've just seen the rules for the first time, so I just have one question to make sure I read them right. :P Although, it is probably a silly question...

If we post anything about an AC game, from AC1 - ACIV, everything needs to be put in a spoiler tag from now on, right...?

Mr_Shade
10-22-2013, 12:35 AM
I've just seen the rules for the first time, so I just have one question to make sure I read them right. :P Although, it is probably a silly question...

If we post anything about an AC game, from AC1 - ACIV, everything needs to be put in a spoiler tag from now on, right...?
That's what they say ;)

And the REAL reason on for the lock down, is reviewers are starting to get copies, so some leaks may now happen.. They shouldn't but you never know, so we are trying to prevent you guys seeing any..

Assassin_M
10-22-2013, 12:36 AM
That's what they say ;)
Wait...what?

Black_Widow9
10-22-2013, 12:46 AM
Wait...what?
The rules. Them's the rules!!!! :p

Shade's topic was too good not to recycle. I just edited a bit. ;)

Assassin_M
10-22-2013, 12:49 AM
The rules. Them's the rules!!!! :p

Shade's topic was too good not to recycle. I just edited a bit. ;)
I think that's actually not a bad idea....it'll hinder a lot of the discussion, but will also just encourage more people to go dark...at least I wont be bugged too much by it anyway, since I'm not as active on the forums anymore..

adventurewomen
10-22-2013, 12:52 AM
LOL Wrong thread! :eek:

Mr_Shade
10-22-2013, 12:54 AM
I think that's actually not a bad idea....it'll hinder a lot of the discussion, but will also just encourage more people to go dark...at least I wont be bugged too much by it anyway, since I'm not as active on the forums anymore..
What will hinder discussion?

using spoiler tags? - common sense should get you to use them anyway - and these are not really new rules.. So no difference..

If you mean about using spoiler warnings for the older titles, not many threads will be affected, since most people have moved on from discussing plot points from AC, ac2, ACB, ACR and. AC3.. If not, for the short period, they can learn to use a spoiler tag..

you have to remember - just because you may have played all of the older titles, many new members may not have.. So why ruin things for them?

you guys do understand, these rules are here so you don't have to go dark..? They are not here to stop you posting..

You are all still free to talk about what ever you like, just as you have been, just now, some threads will be safe to talk about the game in, without people complaining you spoiled it..

If you do leave, it's upto you - no one is forcing you to go.

Want to talk about the games story etc - use a thread marked with SPOILER

Want to avoid - don't read them..

Shahkulu101
10-22-2013, 12:55 AM

Yeah yeah get out the worlds smallest violin...

JK, M. We will always be grateful for our queen. Live long and prosper.

*Sobs uncontrollably*

Assassin_M
10-22-2013, 12:57 AM
What will hinder discussion?

using spoiler tags? - common sense should get you to use them anyway - and these are not really new rules.. So no difference..

If you mean about using spoiler warnings for the older titles, not many threads will be affected, since most people have moved on from discussing plot points from AC, ac2, ACB, ACR and. AC3.. If not, for the short period, they can learn to use a spoiler tag..

you have to remember - just because you may have played all of the older titles, many new members may not have.. So why ruin things for them?

you guys do understand, these rules are here so you don't have to go dark..? They are not here to stop you posting.. So if you do leave, it's your own doing
Some people will forget to use spoiler tags, since it's still a relatively new feature..that's what I meant by hinder...

I know that they're not new rules, I'm talking about the temporary enforcement...I imagine you and Widow will be a bit busy the next couple of days.

I wouldn't want to ruin anything for anyone, where did I even imply that?

and yes, again..I'm not trying to blame you or the rules for anything..if I was free and wanted to stay, i'll stay, i was just saying how the spoiler tag is relatively new so it MAY make people stop posting and just wait for the game

Mr_Shade
10-22-2013, 01:04 AM
Some people will forget to use spoiler tags, since it's still a relatively new feature..that's what I meant by hinder...

I know that they're not new rules, I'm talking about the temporary enforcement...I imagine you and Widow will be a bit busy the next couple of days.

I wouldn't want to ruin anything for anyone, where did I even imply that?

and yes, again..I'm not trying to blame you or the rules for anything..if I was free and wanted to stay, i'll stay, i was just saying how the spoiler tag is relatively new so it MAY make people stop posting and just wait for the game
So you also didn't see that as always thread titles also have a SPOILER in them..

so if they "forget" to use that and the tag - so be it.. They can have a suspension.

So, its a double safe - titles have SPOILER in them AND the content will use a spoiler TAG - so if they forget the content tag, the title should save it.. If they forget both, threads get deleted and users banned.

i would stop trying to find reasons these rules are bad, they have worked on every other title..

Assassin_M
10-22-2013, 01:08 AM
So you also didn't see that as always thread titles also have a SPOILER in them..

so if they "forget" to use that and the tag - so be it.. They can have a suspension.

its a double safe - titles have SPOILER in them AND the content, so if they forget the content tag, the title should save it.. If they forget both, threads get delight guard users banned.

i would stop trying to find reasons these rules are bad, they have worked on every other title..
*sigh* And where did I say these rules were bad :| heck, I made a post saying they're not so bad...

I'm just going to stop now..

I actually forgot how this escalated till we got here...there was no problem to begin with -_-

Mr_Shade
10-22-2013, 01:13 AM
*sigh* And where did I say these rules were bad :| heck, I made a post saying they're not so bad...

I'm just going to stop now..

I actually forgot how this escalated till we got here...there was no problem to begin with -_-hindering discussion = bad ;)

Just want to make sure people know the rules are as always - mark threads with SPOILERS and use the tag for the actual spoiler in the OP. :)

Maybe some more work making threads, will mean the person has to think.. So I can see it may hinder somepeople - I'm sure we both know a few LOL however that maybe a good thing ;)

And this is not aimed at you - just seems a common thing for some on here to start jumping to assumptions recently, so want them to be clear..

pacmanate
10-22-2013, 01:14 AM
I cant wait to see the carnage from the leaks. No offence to anyone :P but I have never experienced it.

Mr_Shade
10-22-2013, 01:17 AM
I cant wait to see the carnage from the leaks. No offence to anyone :P but I have never experienced it.
Lol no leaks here..

we have plenty of bans waiting - since even with a spoiler warning, a leak is still a leak, so will be removed ;)

Shahkulu101
10-22-2013, 01:18 AM

Are you going to watch them because you have to wait over a month because your own vanity did not permit you to buy the current-gen version?

pacmanate
10-22-2013, 01:19 AM
Are you going to watch them because you have to wait over a month because your own vanity did not permit you to buy the current-gen version?

No, I want to watch you guys moan about things.

Mr_Shade
10-22-2013, 01:20 AM
Just so we are clear..

"If you have 'secret' sources to information or 'leaks' - before and after release - please do not post them on the forums, since this is not only a breach of embargo and/or copyright - it could spoil the games for others - and could see you suspended.

If you find images or game details on site's you know have leaks - but no mention of it on the larger gaming sites - like Gamespot /Eurogamer - it may well be a 'leak' - so check your sources before posting!

Leaks will always be deleted - sometimes, genuine official content may get caught as well, since release schedules differ from the to time - so please understand the removal is for the protection of the community as a whole, so if it gets removed - and you feel it shouldn't have, please contact a member of the Forum Management team - with the full source of the information you have - this can then be checked!"

if you guys mean leaks as in for download - that will always result in a ban- should people post links or info ;)

ladyleonhart
10-22-2013, 01:22 AM
That's what they say ;)

And the REAL reason on for the lock down, is reviewers are starting to get copies, so some leaks may now happen.. They shouldn't but you never know, so we are trying to prevent you guys seeing any..

Thanks for clearing that up. :) Then, I will certainly use 'spoiler tags' from now on.

Also, THANK YOU!! You guys are really lovely to us! :D

Black_Widow9
10-22-2013, 01:31 AM

Shhhhhh!!!! Don't tell anyone!

pacmanate
10-22-2013, 01:39 AM

Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

ArabianFrost
10-22-2013, 01:42 AM
You really want the game spoiled for us Pacman.

I hope your fancy PS4 pre-order has the game ending SIGNED on the cover. Serves you right for your sins.

Shahkulu101
10-22-2013, 01:43 AM
I do not hold anyone in high regard unless they shower me with gifts and fully understand, that, as a hormonal teenager, I am entitled to absolutely everything and the world revolves around me.

pacmanate
10-22-2013, 01:43 AM
You really want the game spoiled for us Pacman.

I hope your fancy PS4 pre-order has the game ending SIGNED on the cover. Serves you right for your sins.

I have no sins, for I have no God.

ArabianFrost
10-22-2013, 01:47 AM
I have no sins, for I have no God.

Sins =/= God

Are you the bloody guy releasing the leaks? It's as if you've even timed when the spring onions are going to be released.

pacmanate
10-22-2013, 01:49 AM
Sins =/= God

Are you the bloody guy releasing the leaks? It's as if you've even timed when the spring onions are going to be released.

Wolfmeister1010
10-22-2013, 01:49 AM
Sins =/= God

Guys, everyone knows that the spring onions will be taken care of. Do you think that the mods would ever even CONSIDER letting spring onions taint our forum?

pacmanate
10-22-2013, 01:55 AM
Guys, everyone knows that the spring onions will be taken care of. Do you think that the mods would ever even CONSIDER letting spring onions taint our forum?

Ha, no. Perma bans will be hitting you from all angles. Or infractions, or normal bans. OR they could give you an infraction, a temp ban, and when you come back a perma ban just cause.

ArabianFrost
10-22-2013, 01:58 AM
Ha, no. Perma bans will be hitting you from all angles. Or infractions, or normal bans. OR they could give you an infraction, a temp ban, and when you come back a perma ban just cause.

Why not just throw us in concentration camps and be done with? Concentration camps with lots and lots of leeks.

Shahkulu101
10-22-2013, 02:00 AM
Yes. ^ Forced to do nothing but plant our own leeks night and day.

Wolfmeister1010
10-22-2013, 02:01 AM
Why not just throw us in concentration camps and be done with? Concentration camps with lots and lots of leeks.

Not a very funny joke

LoyalACFan
10-22-2013, 02:15 AM
^ Yeah, maybe a little over the top there, Frosty. I'm not offended by that stuff (I'm Jewish) but I know people who are.

Wolfmeister1010
10-22-2013, 02:17 AM
^ Yeah, maybe a little over the top there, Frosty. I'm not offended by that stuff (I'm Jewish) but I know people who are.

Like me. (Jewish) i understand that Frost doesnt mean it like an insult, but lets all please try to refrain from that kind of humor.

pacmanate
10-22-2013, 02:20 AM
Me (Indian)

I-Like-Pie45
10-22-2013, 02:23 AM
does this mean my smells like curried cockroaches gag is out

Shahkulu101
10-22-2013, 02:29 AM
Like me; an exotic mix of sheep-shagging Scottishness and tropical Maldivian coconut who is supposed to be Muslim but loves him some bacon.