PDA

View Full Version : So, everyone's thoughts on how this looks? Regulars?

RzaRecta357
10-21-2013, 09:28 AM
So, I do this all the time.... Leave for a while then come back to ask some questions. Busy with life and other games and what not..

Anyway, finally got around to watching some videos for this after being a bit disappointed with the last one... I liked Conner but didn't like how he didn't learn the tenets at least on screen and didn't like Desmond's conclusion much. The end was ok I suppose... But I loved the comics and the modern confrontations were all very lackluster.

Anyway, I knew what the game was about but sort of lost my enthusiasm for it... Which totally sucks. The first was my fav.. I liked the rest after that even revelations which lots of people didn't like for some reason...

Guess this all just makes me a huge story nerd. I get emotionally attached easily to games and movies.

So, I'll be getting a PS4 and even though I'm in a meh mood about it I plan on getting IV with it to launch. Conners gramps looks like a cool Assassin and since he's an adult I'm hoping he hears the tenets and everything. Curious, does anyone know how his hidden blades work? Fast and deadly like Altair and Ezio or weak spinning that has long animations? I really don't know much beyond he has many pistols and can dual wield full on swords. I hope the animations are top notch as always.

Thinking about it I'm kind of sad not knowing all the different mechanics the game has beyond boat stuff.

I'm one of the people that loved a modern protagonist and I'm sort of sad we aren't getting one and are instead playing ourselves. How does everyone feel about that?

Hoping to hear from some of the old regulars like Mario and Lightrey but everyone else's opinion of course also. Sorry if it was TL;DR.

I'm assuming they're still using the same original engine that they tweaked for AC3? Kind of a dumb question I guess since they release so fast... But it's related to the walk. Some of you may remember I was a stickler for their relations giving them shared traits. I loved how they had Desmond's face but understand why it needed to change for gameplay and storytelling purposes. I miss the lip scar thing though. But Altairs walk... It's partly them ripping the engine and not so intentional I think but I like to pretend like it is.

He has this badass shoulder sway... In AC2 Ezio did it too.. Desmond DIDNT do it until he was like Assassiny... That's probably from them giving him Altair and Ezios skeleton lazily... But story wise it works because of the bleeding effect. Conner still did it so you knew they only tweaked their engine up and still used many of the original games animations.

Anyway, BS aside I'm hoping Edward still has that walk. Guess I'll find out in my video watch session tomorrow.

Legendz54
10-21-2013, 09:48 AM
To answer a few of your questions.

Edwards hidden blades do not spin and work pretty fast.

You may be sad about the modern day protagonist, but some old modern day characters from past games will be returning in this one.

Edwards walk is a little different with less shoulder swaying.

Edwards character is a little different, he starts out rebelling against the Assassins and only using them for their tools and weapons but the creed will eventually warm up to him (thats what i hope)

DisbandedBox359
10-21-2013, 11:55 AM
Defintely wasn't too keen on the modern day-play as your self thing, but I'll wait for it to come out before condemning it.

RzaRecta357
10-21-2013, 04:32 PM
To answer a few of your questions.

Edwards hidden blades do not spin and work pretty fast.

You may be sad about the modern day protagonist, but some old modern day characters from past games will be returning in this one.

Edwards walk is a little different with less shoulder swaying.

Edwards character is a little different, he starts out rebelling against the Assassins and only using them for their tools and weapons but the creed will eventually warm up to him (thats what i hope)

Awesome. Everything except the shoulder thing excites me and I'm sure he still does it a bit. At least I thought I seen it in a video but at the same time he doesn't stick them out as much so he has his own thing.

Honestly being half German I couldn't be more excited about his look... Blonde beard and all. Plus the way you described him and the assassins is going to be great. I'm officially excited again this morning after thinking about it last night. It's going to be torture waiting to play it on PS4.

Also, i so, I assume you mean Shaun and Rebecca are going to appear. I hope so and I hope in a big way. I was hoping we would get to play as Eves descendant or something... Guy or girl but preferably a girl for the heck of it.

So, what's up with his first mate? He's a straight up assassin also? They already announced an offshoot pack starring him? Seems like a bit much a bit fast when they supposedly have like 3 games on the go but I'm sure it'll be good.

Is he connected to Aveline in anyway? His name sounds familiar but that may just be from trailers I heard a few months ago. Beat and loved the vita AC.

There's also a playable Aveline section in the playstations versions right? Or am I mental and imagined that?

Moultonborough
10-21-2013, 04:41 PM
Looks like it will be good. Diffrent from anything else we have seen before (for the most part). I can't wait to try out modern day, though I too am not thrilled about playing as "myself". I guess it could go either way either love or hate it. Only time will tell I suppose. Can't wait to find out.

Toa TAK
10-21-2013, 08:30 PM
Defintely wasn't too keen on the modern day-play as your self thing, but I'll wait for it to come out before condemning it.

I've heard about this, what are the details on how it will work?

Because I'm totally down with this.

Moultonborough
10-21-2013, 08:36 PM
I've heard about this, what are the details on how it will work?

Because I'm totally down with this.

Here you go.... http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-present-day-interview/ right off of Ubiblog

Toa TAK
10-21-2013, 09:20 PM
Here you go.... http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-present-day-interview/ right off of Ubiblog

Thank you. This sounds great, being a fan of the clunky modern story.

Assassin_M
10-21-2013, 09:21 PM
S
Hoping to hear from some of the old regulars like Mario and Lightrey
Mario is dead and LightRey will pop up randomly