PDA

View Full Version : Rules for Attacks/Pillages/Sieges

dre.maa
10-21-2013, 04:35 AM
I was wondering what would happen in the following situations:

1. I pillage a town and no hero is on patrol, then I fight nothing, right (even if I have a much smaller army than what is being housed in the city)? For example, let's say I send an army of 250k vs a city that has 5M (but no patrolling hero), can I pillage the mine?

2. The enemy player moves his troops out of town A to town B. After his troops leave town A, I siege town B before his troops arrive. What happens to those troops that he sent to town B? Do they turn around and return to town A or do they try to break my siege on town B?

3. As an extension of 2, when the troops are returning to town A (with or without fighting), can I lay siege to that town before they arrive and force them to attack me before they re-enter the city? From what I have read, I would think that this would be yes.

What I thought was that if the troops were "assigned" to the city, they have to "fight" at the walls if they were not inside the town to start when besieged. For example, if you had an army in town attack an NPC at the same time an attack arrives on your city you avoid the attack because you are not in the town. But if it is a siege, your units will attack the siege as they are returning to city. And you can hide troops in vestiges from attacks, but if your city is besieged, then those troops/hero in the vestige are then brought back to town and forced to fight the besieging army. I wasn't sure what the rule was on troops that were being moved/transported between towns. And I thought if your enemy just pillages you, only patrolling armies fight.

Is there somewhere that this is explained that I missed?

zamz
10-21-2013, 05:29 AM
1. Yes.
2. If the town is his town, they will fight ur siege when they arrive if beaten they go back, if it's not his town, they will just turn around.
3. Yes. Not quite sure will the troops go inside the city even if beaten at this case.

And yes u are correct, patrol same also if enemy sieges u, if no hero ot patrol the siege is layed.

MartyAmodeo
10-21-2013, 06:19 AM
And yes u are correct, patrol same also if enemy sieges u, if no hero ot patrol the siege is layed.

Small exception... if the sieging army has less power than the total dominance of the city itself, then the siege fails even without a patrolling army, and the attacker returns home without a battle.

zamz
10-21-2013, 12:40 PM
Wow, didnt know that. Thanks :)

dre.maa
10-21-2013, 03:16 PM
Does total dominance include buildings, or just army size?

MartyAmodeo
10-21-2013, 07:17 PM
Just the city itself if nobody is patrolling.