PDA

View Full Version : Steam Region Locked

Angel-Abaddon
10-20-2013, 07:04 PM
Update 6: Looks like the re-locking was in error, it has now been lifted. GET TO DOWNLOADING!

Update 5: Looks like the region lock has accidentally (we hope) been reinstated on the Digital Deluxe version, around the same time they added the keys to the registry:

It would appear somebody mistakenly re-added the allowonlyrunincountries flag when adding the keys to the sub. History suggests that this won't be resolved for a few days at least but I hope I'm wrong.

For the Ubi employees that read this thread: remove the aforementioned flag from the 32624 sub (http://steamdb.info/sub/32624/) and do not add it to the 32627 sub (http://steamdb.info/sub/32627/). These are not the same pre-order subs that were region-locked from the get-go but rather the original ones that were retroactively region-locked after being region-free for two weeks, hence the new subs which acted as replacements. Hopefully there's no confusion here -- 32627 and 32624 are not supposed to be region-locked.

Update 4: The region lock on runtime has been removed from the Digital Deluxe version: http://steamdb.info/sub/32624/#section_history, this means that the game will run in regions outside of the RU+CIS area. No word on the Standard Edition yet.

Update 3: SteamDB and the Russian version being sold on the Steam Store page is now showing a different SubID being linked to the store, so the original one (that people who have the issue with here) is no longer the version being sold. While nothing is confirmed, this is a very strong sign that the region lock is going to be removed.

Update 2: Mr_Shade, the UK Forum manager, has posted the below. If you are affected, please also make sure you create a support ticket with Steam. If the game does remain locked, letting Steam know as early as possible you are affected may help with any solutions they could provide (Removing the game to your inventory to trade onto someone in the RU region, or if possible, reverse any trade):

I have alerted our sales team - and will post back when I have any news. If you have concerns, please do also contact the retailer - Steam.

Update: Zero-PAiN has posted a shot of what the description for the DDE currently is after the region locking, and while they added text to warn of the region lock after the onlyallowrunincountries was added, the description itself was never updated to show it being an RU+CIS version before this, which means those who traded for it were left unaware:

http://i.imgur.com/fw4lul2.jpg This is both the Standard and the DDE edition They are in my inventory. Before, none of the red text was present. It wasn't blocked either.

cooperj has also mentioned that Ubisoft have run into a similarish issue before with Rayman Legends, and got around it with the following:

Here's my advice, Ubi: Essentially repeat what you did with Rayman Legends. Reverse the region-locking on the current RU/CIS subs, create new ones with the region-locking intact, and update the "Add to cart" buttons on the RU/CIS store pages accordingly. This way, those who pre-ordered the game while it was region-free (for two weeks, I might add) get a region-free copy and you're still locking out those late to the party. Best of both worlds, given the circumstances.

Edit: To clarify, Rayman Legends wasn't exactly the same. What happened is that the pre-order sub was universal, but once the game was released, Ubi made a region-locked RU-specific sub and updated the relevant store pages. A similar approach is something that could be applied to Black Flag, albeit during its pre-order period, to reach a compromise.

Original Post: If you've got a copy of the Digital Deluxe on Steam via a trade, I'd advise you to check what region you have activated (Click the "*Your user* Account" button on the top right to show your licenses). If you have your Digital Deluxe version listed as "Assassin's Creed Black Flag Digital Deluxe Edition (RU+CIS)" and live outside the RU & CIS region, congratulations, you've got an unplayable game. Any time you try to run the game, you will be blocked as you are not within the right region.

2 days ago, Ubisoft activated a setting within Steam known as "onlyallowrunincountries", that means only the listed countries will be able to play the game. Before this, traded copies would work in any region, the only restriction would be where they could be initially purchased. This can be seen at http://steamdb.info/sub/32627/ for the DDE and http://steamdb.info/sub/32627/ for the standard version. This also shows the regions the game is restricted to run in, and from what I can gather, even those listed won't be happy with being grouped into the RU+CIS region.

This is all fine and well, EXCEPT when trading for the game on Steam, no mention is made during the trade that the DDE verison is of the RU+CIS variation (The standard edition does). The first time a player will find out if they have an RU+CIS key or not is once they activate it in there account, and look at the game license page. The evidence of that can be seen here: http://i.imgur.com/RRBC6nm.png. This is what a user would see during a trade. Both are the RU+CIS variations, but the DDE version on the left is missing the RU+CIS signifier.

If you're affected, I'd advise letting Ubisoft that this isn't on, and do not let them try and tell you it is down to Steam: The publisher alters the SteamDB variables.

If anyone from Ubisoft is reading: please, remove the region lock. Steam users traded the game in good faith, and have unwittingly taken on copies that are not compatible with their version of Steam. There are variables to disallow trading of certain variations of games, which weren't activated. And beyond that, no mention of the DDE being of a specific region was listed in the trade description. 2K have run into this twice, with Borderlands 2 and later XCOM: Enemy Unknown. Both times, they reversed the region lock, because they realised just how unfair it was on those who had traded and purchased them, and I hope you'll see fit to do the same. Please do not try to say this is down to Steam so your hands are tied, since 2K have shown that it is the publisher that controls the region locking, not Valve.

Edit - another message to Ubisoft: if you feel it is essential for your business to keep the region lock, there is a solution that can work that also supports those who got caught out in this situation. Create a new SubID that is a copy of the current RU+CIS that is attached and sold on the store going forward, with the region locks in place. Then, to ensure those who traded without knowing are not left in the cold, disable the onlyallowrunincountries tag on the original SubIDs. This way, everyone should be happy, you can keep your region lock going forward, and those who traded under the idea the key was region free, as in the DDE description, are not left in the cold.

JoOoKeR05
10-20-2013, 07:15 PM
same problem here, I bought thinking it was a free version, because I had no warnings or tags

sorry my English

Zero-PAiN
10-20-2013, 09:33 PM
I am very worried about this as I had traded for a few copies of this in good faith for some friends, wanting to surprise them soon hereafter, only to find that yesterday this new region block was placed on it.

When it was traded for, there was no such region block. I even activated my own copy, but now I am worried that I will not be able to run the program once released.

Yusuf1653
10-20-2013, 09:46 PM
Yes, I'm having the same problem as well. I got the steam gift of the game from a trade, there wasn't any tags on it. After activating, i saw RU+CIS tag in my Account Details. I will try to get support from steam and ubisoft both. I hope things can get better.

Angel-Abaddon
10-20-2013, 09:48 PM
If you look under your account at Licenses and Subscriptions, does it list it as "Assassin's Creed Black Flag Digital Deluxe Edition (RU+CIS)"? If it doesn't, you should be alright. If it does, then you have one of the affected copies. If you have a copy of the DDE in your inventory, would you mind looking to see if it has changed to mention RU+CIS anywhere? Would be good to know if its safe for people to trade for it or not.

Zero-PAiN
10-20-2013, 10:41 PM
http://i.imgur.com/fw4lul2.jpg

This is both the Standard and the DDE edition

They are in my inventory.

Before, none of the red text was present. It wasn't blocked either.

Angel-Abaddon
10-20-2013, 11:08 PM
Thanks for that. Looks like they never changed the description for the DDE to include the RU+CIS tag ala the Standard Edition. Granted the big red text makes it pointless, but I'd imagine that got added after the region lock down, so looks like those of us with the DDE still have a case to argue for.

GrrImAFridge
10-21-2013, 07:31 AM
Here's my advice, Ubi: Essentially repeat what you did with Rayman Legends. Reverse the region-locking on the current RU/CIS subs, create new ones with the region-locking intact, and update the "Add to cart" buttons on the RU/CIS store pages accordingly. This way, those who pre-ordered the game while it was region-free (for two weeks, I might add) get a region-free copy and you're still locking out those late to the party. Best of both worlds, given the circumstances.

Edit: To clarify, Rayman Legends wasn't exactly the same. What happened is that the pre-order sub was universal, but once the game was released, Ubi made a region-locked RU-specific sub and updated the relevant store pages. A similar approach is something that could be applied to Black Flag, albeit during its pre-order period, to reach a compromise.

Angel-Abaddon
10-21-2013, 08:05 AM
Looks like we had the same idea. While I don't agree with region locking, that is up to Ubisoft. Didn't know it had already been done with Rayman, so I'll add that to the op when I can.

Anykeyer
10-21-2013, 10:22 AM
Retroactively changing product is not acceptable. WTH they are thinking by putting block on something they already sold?

JoOoKeR05
10-21-2013, 12:00 PM
I just saw this in steamdb.com http://steamdb.info/app/242050/#section_subs

http://i.imgur.com/UyAd5KK.png

The region marked in green are ROW (I think ours) are region lock the red

my question is how to know the id of our purchase?

Anykeyer
10-21-2013, 12:30 PM
32800 and 32801 are for purchases after game's release and are not currently available
32624 and 32627 are pre-orders

Mr_Shade
10-21-2013, 12:42 PM
I have alerted our sales team - and will post back when I have any news.

If you have concerns, please do also contact the retailer - Steam.

Angel-Abaddon
10-21-2013, 12:44 PM
32800 and 32801 are for purchases after game's release and are not currently available
32624 and 32627 are pre-orders

This seems to be correct. Unfortunately, the vast majority of the RU+CIS copies (Quite possibly all of them) originate from the RU Steam Store page, where the 32624/32627 IDs are the ones being sold (You can check this by accessing the russian store, bringing up AC4's page and hovering over the add to cart button and checking the java link). This has actually been checked on a cached copy of the page and was the java link 10 days ago as well, before the region locking.

Javsp
10-21-2013, 01:03 PM

I'm in the same situation. I contacted Steam yesterday. Still waiting for an answer.

Yusuf1653
10-21-2013, 06:56 PM

we paid for the digital deluxe edition steam gifts of ACIV-BF without any tags on it. I hope our money will not go in vain... I do not understand why the customers has to suffer from a situation like this. Our fault is buying your game or what?

JoOoKeR05
10-22-2013, 10:10 AM
ubisoft please, we need help before the start of the game

Javsp
10-22-2013, 11:28 AM
There is an user who has contacted Steam support and they have moved the game from his library to his inventory...

I'm still waiting an answer from Steam support but I'm pretty sure my game will have the same fate than this user's...

Angel-Abaddon
10-22-2013, 12:00 PM
That's actually me. As it didn't really bring any new solutions beyond being able to trade it away (which doesn't really help as I don't know anyone in the correct regions), I didn't think it relevant to anything in this thread, as there are users who have had it in their inventory from the start. All this achieves is moving the problem from my games list to my inventory, it still leaves me with an unplayable game.

Javsp
10-22-2013, 12:22 PM
That's actually me. As it didn't really bring any new solutions beyond being able to trade it away (which doesn't really help as I don't know anyone in the correct regions), I didn't think it relevant to anything in this thread, as there are users who have had it in their inventory from the start. All this achieves is moving the problem from my games list to my inventory, it still leaves me with an unplayable game.

Can you trade this item with a user who not lives in that region? I'd like to return it back to my trader but he's also from Spain.

Angel-Abaddon
10-22-2013, 12:52 PM
Possibly, but I couldn't say for certain as I've not tried.

Zero-PAiN
10-22-2013, 03:05 PM
Can you trade this item with a user who not lives in that region? I'd like to return it back to my trader but he's also from Spain.

Yes, You can always trade items no matter what region lock they have obtained.

The issue of the matter is actually being able to activate the product.

Angel-Abaddon
10-22-2013, 08:11 PM
I've received word back from Steam, and it isn't good. While they have moved the game to my inventory, they refuse to assist any further with trade reversals or altering the items region. This leaves myself and I'd imagine others with an unusable game in our inventory with the only hope being either Ubisoft remove the region lock, or finding someone willing to trade the copy on Steam in a usable region.

Zero-PAiN
10-22-2013, 08:37 PM
I wouldn't imagine them to do a trade reversal, as that would mark you as a bad trader, wouldn't really affect the person who traded it to you. In the end it would just cause more unnecessary problems.

Altering the items region seems to be something the developers would have to contact Steam about as well. And they need a larger amount of people to request it most likely... We'll see what happens.

Sucr31993
10-22-2013, 09:45 PM
Hello guys i bought Assassin's Creed IV Black Flax Digital Deluxe Edition on steam gift. I activated the game on my account and i have this version :

Assassin's Creed Black Flag Digital Deluxe Edition (RU+CIS)

Im from Poland I will not be able to play in my country ? I have all games Assassin's Creed series on my account. This is very bad message for me if I can not play. Sorry for My bad english. Thanks

Angel-Abaddon
10-22-2013, 09:51 PM
Hello guys i bought Assassin's Creed IV Black Flax Digital Deluxe Edition on steam gift. I activated the game on my account and i have this version :

Assassin's Creed Black Flag Digital Deluxe Edition (RU+CIS)

Im from Poland I will not be able to play in my country ? I have all games Assassin's Creed series on my account. This is very bad message for me if I can not play. Sorry for My bad english. Thanks

At present, no as Poland is not one of the listed countries on http://steamdb.info/sub/32624/. Its currently being looked into on Ubisofts end, but it is best to contact Steam also, although for myself they have only agreed to move it to my inventory, nothing more.

Solid-Snake-Eyes
10-22-2013, 10:48 PM
They shouldn't have changed the restrictions after putting it on sale, but when you purchase from different regions to save money you kind of take on the risk that something like this could happen. As described in the first post, this has happened before with other games. Steam putting the game into your inventory is a better outcome than I'd have expected.

Javsp
10-22-2013, 10:51 PM
Finally, they removed the game from my library and it has been placed to my inventory again as a gift.

I could return this gift back to the user that sent it to me before with no probs.

JoOoKeR05
10-22-2013, 11:12 PM
I bought this game hoping that it was not Russian version, I wanted region row to avoid problems activation or language, when I noticed in account details (ru + cis)

I was not looking for low price, but an exchange that I found good.

put this in inventory no use to me

Yusuf1653
10-23-2013, 12:58 PM
I've contacted steam support and their answer:

Hello Yusuf, (it's my name)

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

The game you have redeemed on your account was originally purchased in another sales region.

Unfortunately, Steam Support cannot make changes to territory or language restrictions.

We have restored the gift(s) back to your inventory.

These gift subscriptions can be used to trade with other users via Steam Trading or returned to the person who gifted them to you.

For more information on Steam Trading, please follow the link below:

Title: Steam Trading
Link: http://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6748-ETSG-5417
----
Well, at least i can trade my gift to a ru or cis country user. I'll lose some money from it but i guess it's better than nothing =/

GrrImAFridge
10-23-2013, 02:26 PM
Valve won't do anything; the ball's firmly in Ubi's court. With any luck, at the very least those who pre-ordered the game whilst it was region-free will be set to receive such a copy.

Sucr31993
10-23-2013, 04:37 PM
I've contacted steam support and their answer:

Hello Yusuf, (it's my name)

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

The game you have redeemed on your account was originally purchased in another sales region.

Unfortunately, Steam Support cannot make changes to territory or language restrictions.

We have restored the gift(s) back to your inventory.

These gift subscriptions can be used to trade with other users via Steam Trading or returned to the person who gifted them to you.

For more information on Steam Trading, please follow the link below:

Title: Steam Trading
Link: http://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6748-ETSG-5417
----
Well, at least i can trade my gift to a ru or cis country user. I'll lose some money from it but i guess it's better than nothing =/

Steam is delete on the library your's Assassin's Creed IV copy and give you on the steam gift ?

Yusuf1653
10-23-2013, 05:35 PM
Steam is delete on the library your's Assassin's Creed IV copy and give you on the steam gift ?

yes, they removed the game from my steam library and gave me back the steam gift.

Sucr31993
10-23-2013, 05:44 PM
yes, they removed the game from my steam library and gave me back the steam gift.

Please contact me on private message did you send me your email to send steam. Accept the invite on steam. Thanks

AIi-S
10-24-2013, 06:49 AM
I did it :D

JoOoKeR05
10-24-2013, 11:06 PM
but still a game unplayable

I keep expecting some help ubisoft

Valve won't do anything; the ball's firmly in Ubi's court. With any luck, at the very least those who pre-ordered the game whilst it was region-free will be set to receive such a copy.

+1

Angel-Abaddon
10-28-2013, 03:55 PM
I've sent a PM to Mr_Shade to see if there has been any update on Ubisoft's end about this, but not heard back yet. Sadly the region lock is still in place at present.

Mr_Shade
10-28-2013, 05:01 PM
I have no updates on this, I'm sorry to say, I will try again.

MinhElQueue
10-29-2013, 04:50 AM
I hope Ubisoft should do something about this. Steam Trading is not illegal and lots of people are using it. When I got the gift, I did a careful check on it: The gift had nothing related to region lock. Not even a RU+CIS tag. It's just simply Digital Deluxe Edition. They should have warned before putting on the region lock, letting a lot of people suffer from it. If Ubisoft puts on a region lock, they should do it with recently purchased games not the already bought games before the region lock.

GrrImAFridge
10-29-2013, 09:09 AM

You are directing people to this thread, correct? There are suggestions in here which would allow Ubi to continue region-locking the RU/CIS subs but not leave out in the code those who'd pre-ordered such a copy while it was region-free.

I hope Ubisoft should do something about this. Steam Trading is not illegal and lots of people are using it. When I got the gift, I did a careful check on it: The gift had nothing related to region lock. Not even a RU+CIS tag. It's just simply Digital Deluxe Edition. They should have warned before putting on the region lock, letting a lot of people suffer from it. If Ubisoft puts on a region lock, they should do it with recently purchased games not the already bought games before the region lock.

Yeah, the thing about retroactively region-locking something is that it impacts not only those who'd bought it through a trader just to score the game on the cheap, but also those who'd genuinely received it as a gift from a friend. I'm not overly familiar with the situation so I can't comment on the veracity, but I was recently told that what Payday 2's developer did after retroactively region-locking RU/CIS subs was remove the restriction only on copies that had already been redeemed -- assuming this is correct, it's another option Ubi could consider.

Chrismiyster
10-29-2013, 01:42 PM
Well it looks like I'm in the exact same situation as a lot of people now. I received a gift copy of the game a couple weeks ago, had it added to my games library, and now it turns out it's region locked (I just checked and it has the RU/CIS info besides it's name). I seriously hope this gets fixed in some way. To have the game be region free and then make it region locked AFTER the fact is simply awful. Either start region free and stay that way or start region locked and stay that way.

GrrImAFridge
11-02-2013, 02:11 AM
Ubi has added two new region-locked pre-order subs to the registry and updated the RU/CIS store pages accordingly. The previous subs -- the ones that were retroactively region-locked -- haven't been updated as yet, but this wouldn't have happened if they were going to remain as-is. Good news is imminent!

OSantaClownO
11-02-2013, 11:45 AM
If it helps,

I got myself a Splinter Cell : Deluxe of RUS + CIS a few months ago (The seller didn't even mention that), and I was quite nervous but it worked, and still works till the moment we speak.

meeeellar
11-02-2013, 12:07 PM
Blacklist only had a purchase restriction, Black Flag has a purchase and a run restriction.

Yusuf1653
11-02-2013, 04:38 PM
Ubi has added two new region-locked pre-order subs to the registry and updated the RU/CIS store pages accordingly. The previous subs -- the ones that were retroactively region-locked -- haven't been updated as yet, but this wouldn't have happened if they were going to remain as-is. Good news is imminent!

Can Mr_Shade say something about this news?

Mr_Shade
11-02-2013, 08:05 PM
Sorry no updates as of yet.

YazX_
11-04-2013, 07:50 AM
Blacklist only had a purchase restriction, Black Flag has a purchase and a run restriction.

There is no run restriction on steam, but activation if thats what you meant, once the game activated on the designated region, you can play it anywhere UNLESS if the game itself restricts this and check region when you run it and this has nothing to do with steam, but so far i havent seen any game doing this (maybe COD but im not sure).

Zero-PAiN
11-04-2013, 02:49 PM
There is no run restriction on steam, but activation if thats what you meant, once the game activated on the designated region, you can play it anywhere UNLESS if the game itself restricts this and check region when you run it and this has nothing to do with steam, but so far i havent seen any game doing this (maybe COD but im not sure).

Only time will tell, I still have mine activated in my account.

GrrImAFridge
11-04-2013, 07:45 PM
The store info was removed from the old subs yesterday. Baby steps!

This thread wouldn't be necessary if there were no runtime restrictions on Steam. :p It's particularly common among Eastern European subs, as you can see here (https://www.google.com.au/search?q="steamdb"+"onlyallowrunincountries").

YazX_
11-05-2013, 02:57 PM
The store info was removed from the old subs yesterday. Baby steps!
This thread wouldn't be necessary if there were no runtime restrictions on Steam. :p It's particularly common among Eastern European subs, as you can see here (https://www.google.com.au/search?q="steamdb"+"onlyallowrunincountries").

i have activated several RU keys on steam for region locked games and never had any issues running them from EU region. and this is what i mean, unless the game itself blocks you from playing outside your region, then you are good to go. and taking Ubisoft good will of fixing the relationship between them and PC gamers (thats what Ubisoft CEO said), i wouldnt expect the game to have runtime restriction. (dont flame me if it has once released :p)

strigoi1958
11-05-2013, 03:27 PM
@ YAH_Z +1

I've bought steam codes from at least 8 countries and 4 continents and all have run ok. I tend to look for uplay codes now for ubi games (safer and quicker) but if that fails I'd risk a steam code and feel 99% confident it would work... I've had loads of bargains and saved a small fortune (well a fair amount :D) and if 1 code did not work... I'd be irritated but that's a risk I'd take again. UBI have to take steps from software pirates who are undermining the pc platform as a safe marketplace for Devs... but I'm sure they also do not want to prevent us buyers from playing their games so I get the feeling it's going to be fine.

Zero-PAiN
11-06-2013, 01:57 AM
@ YAH_Z +1

I've bought steam codes from at least 8 countries and 4 continents and all have run ok. I tend to look for uplay codes now for ubi games (safer and quicker) but if that fails I'd risk a steam code and feel 99% confident it would work... I've had loads of bargains and saved a small fortune (well a fair amount :D) and if 1 code did not work... I'd be irritated but that's a risk I'd take again. UBI have to take steps from software pirates who are undermining the pc platform as a safe marketplace for Devs... but I'm sure they also do not want to prevent us buyers from playing their games so I get the feeling it's going to be fine.

I think you're in the wrong place.

GrrImAFridge
11-06-2013, 03:34 AM
i have activated several RU keys on steam for region locked games and never had any issues running them from EU region. and this is what i mean, unless the game itself blocks you from playing outside your region, then you are good to go. and taking Ubisoft good will of fixing the relationship between them and PC gamers (thats what Ubisoft CEO said), i wouldnt expect the game to have runtime restriction. (dont flame me if it has once released :p)

Not every RU/CIS sub has runtime restrictions, sure; I was just making the point that Steam does in fact offer this functionality and it is used by publishers on a regular basis.

JoOoKeR05
11-06-2013, 11:15 PM
just remove the lock on the version deluxe http://steamdb.info/sub/32624/#section_history

Darkshodan
11-07-2013, 12:05 AM
just remove the lock on the version deluxe http://steamdb.info/sub/32624/#section_history

So the standart editon users are screwed? well thanks...... i noticed the ru-cis tag after i added it to my account,, why i could activated it in europe anyway ? ( Region lock is fine, but then put it directly in when the game is sold on steam,not after!)

Can i use the Key from my Steam Version to download it on uplay atleast? i have no idea what i should do now.

Chrismiyster
11-07-2013, 12:21 AM
I actually have the deluxe edition and didn't realize it. But it still says (RU/CIS) beside the name in the license. Is mine the unlocked one how do I check the SubID on my version?

Darkshodan
11-07-2013, 12:30 AM
No to 100% not, why should they first remove it on the deluxe edition and then on the standard version? when they would do that, then on the same time i guess.

When i bought the standard version, there was no region lock, also i could activate it on a europe steam account, why was this possible ubi soft anyway ?

Maybe it was my fault that i didnt saw the tag when i traded for it, but atleast i payed for it, its not like i stole it.

JoOoKeR05
11-07-2013, 12:32 AM
Yes I also have the standard edition of this game, will this also have it's region lock removed???

no, for now, wait a few days see what happens
http://steamdb.info/sub/32627/#section_history

Darkshodan
11-07-2013, 01:02 AM
It's fine when you own the Deluxe Edition you have nothing to worry anymore, Its technically still the ru-cis version,they only changed a value in the database, that you allow to run it from any country of the world

Chrismiyster
11-07-2013, 01:05 AM
no, for now, wait a few days see what happens
http://steamdb.info/sub/32627/#section_history

Actually I realized I have the digital deluxe version. I'm an idiot apparently. But I just checked and the license on my game still shows (RU+CIS), how do I check if mine is unlocked as well? How do I find the subid?

Kimbosan84
11-07-2013, 01:34 AM
I own the standard version too, i am really angry that ubi soft removed the region lock only on the deluxe edition, i activated this game just fine on my account, there was no region lock -.-

Just awesome, i bought the game legal and can not play it,.. other guys will play it WITHOUT to buy it, gg ubi soft, thats the way to loose customers

Minizia
11-07-2013, 01:41 AM
Thats a shame, i have the standard version also.........

Zero-PAiN
11-07-2013, 05:00 AM
HECK YES.

Thank you Ubisoft and Steam for fixing this issue!

Fibalozor
11-07-2013, 05:44 AM
+1 Standard Edition Buyer, ( buyed it before the region lock was active) why not maked everyone happy :(

Darkshodan
11-07-2013, 05:52 AM
Thank God i am not the only one with a region locked standart Version, was able to redeem it on an europe steam account, i saw it to late that this was a ru-cis version, so please ubi, have a heart and let us play this game too, like you did it with the deluxe edition, thanks

Edit: Funny sidenote... you get Assassins Creed Black flag now free when you buy a new Nvidia Gpu, soon you get a uplay key for it for 10$-15$ on Ebay,So they can play and download the game without a problem but i sit on an unplayble game and payed even more.

Don't know what i should think about it, yeah was maybe my fault to not look at the gift, but ubi allowed it to redeem it on my account,why you do something like that ? not everyone is so experience in the steam trading buisness.

Anyway sorry doesent want to sound rude, i will chill down and wait for an official answer to this situation,

YazX_
11-08-2013, 12:31 PM
I own the standard version too, i am really angry that ubi soft removed the region lock only on the deluxe edition, i activated this game just fine on my account, there was no region lock -.-

Just awesome, i bought the game legal and can not play it,.. other guys will play it WITHOUT to buy it, gg ubi soft, thats the way to loose customers

Thats a shame, i have the standard version also.........

Thank God i am not the only one with a region locked standart Version, was able to redeem it on an europe steam account, i saw it to late that this was a ru-cis version, so please ubi, have a heart and let us play this game too, like you did it with the deluxe edition, thanks

Edit: Funny sidenote... you get Assassins Creed Black flag now free when you buy a new Nvidia Gpu, soon you get a uplay key for it for 10$-15$ on Ebay,So they can play and download the game without a problem but i sit on an unplayble game and payed even more.

Don't know what i should think about it, yeah was maybe my fault to not look at the gift, but ubi allowed it to redeem it on my account,why you do something like that ? not everyone is so experience in the steam trading buisness.

Anyway sorry doesent want to sound rude, i will chill down and wait for an official answer to this situation,

Ok there is still around 12 days until the game releases, this is a popular thread and Ubisoft is aware of this issue (Mr_Shade is escalating your concerns and keeping track of this thread) and they fixed the deluxe edition, it doesnt make sense they leave all other editions to be locked especially for early adopters, guys, just wait until game releases and then you can make your final thoughts.

Minizia
11-08-2013, 01:52 PM
Yes you are right, we should wait and see what happens, still some time left.

Mr_Shade
11-08-2013, 02:47 PM
I have asked about the standard edition for you guys.

Darkshodan
11-08-2013, 03:10 PM
Thank you so much, maybe there is still hope for us :)

JoOoKeR05
11-08-2013, 03:52 PM
Thanks ubisoft to remove this blockage and thanks also to Mr_Shade that informing this problem ubisoft, I hope you also remove the blockage in the version standard

Minizia
11-08-2013, 04:29 PM
I have asked about the standard edition for you guys.

Thank you so much Mr_Shade, hope ubisoft remove the region lock on the standard version also, and let us play too :D

Kimbosan84
11-09-2013, 05:16 AM
Thanks Mr_Shade. when they remove the region lock from the standard edition also , i would be so happy, and could finaly looking forward to play it on launch day.

Darkshodan
11-11-2013, 12:43 AM
So any news on the standard version ? only 8 Days left, i doubt the remove the region lock on it, it's fine for me, then i skip this game , just want a clear statement to it.

Valdrrak
11-13-2013, 04:11 AM
Mr_Shade, any word about the standard edition?

Kimbosan84
11-13-2013, 02:16 PM
Guys, he don't answer anymore, because ubi wont remove the region lock on the standard edition, i know it sucks.. will never understand why the lock out paying costumers to play there games.

And on this case,its even worse, some of us could activate the standard version on a eu account, there was no region lock on it when we got this version, it was maybe cheaper, but hey look at ebay, they sell nvidia uplay codes for 10-20€ on it, so this is better as what we did ubi soft ? well done, i will never ever buy again a game from ubi, and thats it from me.

Have a nice day..

jackal_drow89
11-14-2013, 08:51 PM
Any news on standard version Mr_Shade?? It's a shame that those of us who purchased a game without any indication of not being ROW suffer your region lock, we have paid for the game and we weren't informed that it was a russian version

Regards

Valdrrak
11-15-2013, 03:30 AM
Yea its terrible the way Ubisoft treats its customers, Then they go a have a whine about piracy -.-

razmat2012
11-15-2013, 04:38 AM
im new here and new at this but at one site i noticed they have a workaround for many of their russian region locked game keys, don't know if this would work or apply at all here, but i thought i'd mention it. like this:

Last Updated: Mar 20, 2013 03:57PM EET

A Russian IP (VPN) is requested the first time to enter the CD key, to begin the download of the game and to launch the game however after launch the game you don't required to keep your vpn open.

After you begin the download you can turn off the VPN and download the game with your normal IP.

1. Start Russian IP (VPN)
2. Login to Steam, [switch off Steam Guard before ] activate the key, start download the game and download first 1%

3. Logout from Steam ( don't stop or pause download ), stop Russian IP (VPN)
4. Login to Steam, continue download until 99% will be completed, logout from Steam. [Dishonored can be downloaded via VPN only]

5. Start Russian IP (VPN), login to Steam, complete download

6. Game status should be "Ready to play", automatic updates "Do not automatically update this game", uncheck "Enable steam Cloud"

7. Run game first time, Russian IP (VPN) still active, it takes some time to install Microsoft's additional files.

8. Exit from game and go to steam window. Create desktop shortcut.

9. Go to desktop and open a shortcut properties. Copy a digits after /

10. Open a Notepad, paste the number and save file to the game directory ... "Your path to the Program files" /Steam/SteamApps/common/Your game under name steam_appid.txt. As sample for Dishonored this path is
Local disk/Program Files/Steam/steamaps/common/Dishonoed RHCP/Binaries/Win32

11. Go to the steam window and pick "Add a Game" -> "Add a Non-Steam Game". Browse to find Game directory in Your computer and confirm .exe file. As sample for Dishonored this path is
Local disk/Program Files/Steam/steamaps/common/Dishonoed RHCP/Binaries/Win32/Dishonored

12. Logout from Steam, stop a Russian IP (VPN)

13. Login to Steam. Steam window should look like this

14. Run game from SHORTCUT.

15. Cannot save solution in Dishonored
a. Exit from the game
b. remove all files from "Your steam path"\Steam\userdata\'each user have his own folder in this place\217980\remote
c. remove remotecache.vdf file from "Your steam path"\Steam\userdata\'each user have his own folder in this place\217980\
d. start the game, play, save then try to load

Valdrrak
11-15-2013, 04:45 AM
Yea but we shouldn't have to piss around like that for a game we purchase. Thank you for your little guide I hope it will help some people. but my copy is still in my inventory so I don't know if I can redeem it or not. I want to wait till the game is out to try.

Valdrrak
11-15-2013, 04:47 AM
Also isnt doing the VPN thing against ToS or something, I don't know I am just asking because I swear I have seen someone say its against ToS somewhere.

razmat2012
11-15-2013, 04:59 AM
was'nt looking to post anything against the rules. i know very little about this stuff, i just remembered seeing it and thought it could be a workaround in a worse case scenario, looks a bit complicated though.

archav3n
11-15-2013, 05:35 AM
Ubisoft will never help out on Steam gamers. Because they are happy to make it a hassle so that Steam gamers come to UPlay.

That is their ultimate goal.

Darkshodan
11-15-2013, 05:42 AM
Ubisoft will never help out on Steam gamers. Because they are happy to make it a hassle so that Steam gamers come to UPlay.

That is their ultimate goal.

You are so right,

i am so angry that i bought the standard version while it was not region locked, now i am sitting on an unplayble game in my list, and other guys play this game for free, right now.

Last Ubi Game for me

archav3n
11-15-2013, 05:59 AM
You are so right,

i am so angry that i bought the standard version while it was not region locked, now i am sitting on an unplayble game in my list, and other guys play this game for free, right now.

Last Ubi Game for me

I bought the Uplay version too myself. I will have to repurchase the game on Steam next year. It's shameful i have to do this due to Ubisoft. Not that i can't pirate but i'm a software developer myself so i understand the people who made the game needs to feed their family too.

Darkshodan
11-15-2013, 06:19 AM
I bought the Uplay version too myself. I will have to repurchase the game on Steam next year. It's shameful i have to do this due to Ubisoft. Not that i can't pirate but i'm a software developer myself so i understand the people who made the game needs to feed their family too.

Yes same here, i would never pirate a game, i have over 1000 Games on Steam, i always support developers for there hard work with my money, but it makes me angry,that i am now in a situation with a unplayble game, believe it or not, this is the first time i heard from a region locked copy.

Zero-PAiN
11-15-2013, 08:29 AM
Also isnt doing the VPN thing against ToS or something, I don't know I am just asking because I swear I have seen someone say its against ToS somewhere.

It is actually, and mentioning that method here is probably going to make the devs decide NOT to unlock it for us for that very reason.

Thanks guys! Great job!

razmat2012
11-15-2013, 02:06 PM
It is actually, and mentioning that method here is probably going to make the devs decide NOT to unlock it for us for that very reason.

Thanks guys! Great job! so now its the new guy's fault for mentioning it?

MnemonicSyntax
11-15-2013, 04:32 PM
Considering that piracy talk of any kind whatsoever, pros/cons... any of it isn't allowed... yeah. It is.

JoOoKeR05
11-15-2013, 10:14 PM
already the preload list, 260MB xDD! I have deluxe version, no problem preload, a problem for the Standard version?

Zero-PAiN
11-15-2013, 11:17 PM
already the preload list, 260MB xDD! I have deluxe version, no problem preload, a problem for the Standard version?

It shouldn't be. They changed the message on the normal edition once again:

http://i.imgur.com/yTrruwW.png

Notice how "can only be redeemed" is underlined. Meaning that you probably can still run the game if you already activated it.

It seems like the guys who had the game removed from their inventory was the WRONG thing to do, because now if you had already redeemed the game, you could still play it since it was already redeemed. However, since it was removed from their library and placed back as a gift in their inventory, they can't activate it.

Tsk tsk tsk.

Miniooo2013
11-15-2013, 11:33 PM
@ Zero-PAiN

What do you mean, that the standard Edition user will be able to play the Game, if they activated the Game on a Steam Account, before they added the region lock?

Because i am one of the unlucky users who have such a copy on my Account, when i try to preload it, it says "region restricted" and nothing happens.....

razmat2012
11-15-2013, 11:51 PM
Considering that piracy talk of any kind whatsoever, pros/cons... any of it isn't allowed... yeah. It is.

i did'nt know that it was piracy talk. i just saw it and thought it was a legit workaround. since it is widely used on there legally sold game keys. i don't even know what the Tos is. what it stand for?

vbalodas
11-16-2013, 12:28 AM
Hi guys, was just reading this thread and well this is really unfair what Ubi is doing. Was going to buy the game myself, but perhaps I could trade with you fine folk, I actually live in Lithuania, so someone could trade with me. But if this is a "RU" region. Won't the game be in Russian or something?

Miniooo2013
11-16-2013, 12:33 AM
No but you can only Activate and play it on ru+cis countries, but when got it early they was no region lock on this game, i activated it fine on my eu account, thats why so many guys are angry

Edit: Lithuania is one of the restricted countries, so you can not trade it

vbalodas
11-16-2013, 12:39 AM
yeah, I understand. This really sucks for you guys, I'd be angry about that too. But as I've said I would be willing to trade if someone is up for it.

Edit:sorry, just read through the terms of trading. Not going to work.

EvilKaru
11-16-2013, 03:07 AM
It shouldn't be. They changed the message on the normal edition once again:

http://i.imgur.com/yTrruwW.png

Notice how "can only be redeemed" is underlined. Meaning that you probably can still run the game if you already activated it.

It seems like the guys who had the game removed from their inventory was the WRONG thing to do, because now if you had already redeemed the game, you could still play it since it was already redeemed. However, since it was removed from their library and placed back as a gift in their inventory, they can't activate it.

Tsk tsk tsk.

I got the Standard (Ru+Cis) on my library on steam, i cant even pre-load it... it says... Region Restricted... D:.. hate ubisoft

archav3n
11-16-2013, 05:06 AM
I'm wondering why everyone having this RU+Cis version? Where you guys bought it at? If you bought it at the Digital Distribution store, just ask them for a refund. If they don't then that'll be the last game i'll buy from that store.

Zero-PAiN
11-16-2013, 05:22 AM
Well i thought it would work if you kept it added, I guess not :/

Kimbosan84
11-16-2013, 05:31 AM
I'm wondering why everyone having this RU+Cis version? Where you guys bought it at? If you bought it at the Digital Distribution store, just ask them for a refund. If they don't then that'll be the last game i'll buy from that store.

Over Steam Trading, like many others.

It's impossible to get a refund,there

Thats why ubi soft should not allow people to trade region locked steam games over steam trade.
They did that, and even put a region lock on it...many many guys could activate this game on a non ru+cis account before they did that.

Its really a shame

archav3n
11-16-2013, 06:20 AM
Over Steam Trading, like many others.

It's impossible to get a refund,there

Thats why ubi soft should not allow people to trade region locked steam games over steam trade.
They did that, and even put a region lock on it...many many guys could activate this game on a non ru+cis account before they did that.

Its really a shame

Just to understand it correctly, allowing trading over steam is by steam right? Does Ubisoft has the ability to disallow that? Now, if Ubisoft has control over this AND they knew that steam trading would introduce this region locked issue, then it's safe to say Ubisoft did it on purpose. Just to jeopardise Steam?

If that is true, then AC4 will be the last game i'll buy from Ubisoft.

Valdrrak
11-16-2013, 09:25 AM
Just to understand it correctly, allowing trading over steam is by steam right? Does Ubisoft has the ability to disallow that? Now, if Ubisoft has control over this AND they knew that steam trading would introduce this region locked issue, then it's safe to say Ubisoft did it on purpose. Just to jeopardise Steam?

If that is true, then AC4 will be the last game i'll buy from Ubisoft.

I think steam enabled the trading but the problem is Ubisoft changed/added the region lock AFTER so many people purchased it and after it was available for purchase for a while. So everyone who purchased it was stuck with an unplayable game unless you live in Russia or something. So this is all on Ubisoft not steam for once.

Darkshodan
11-16-2013, 11:25 AM
That's right, it's Ubisofts fault not Steams, only Ubisoft can change the parameters in the Steam Database, they changed the parameters after some of us got the Game over Steam Trading, before it was not region locked, i could activate it on my account just fine, also there was no info in the Database over a only run in ru+cis countries parameter.

When they added the region lock directly, nobody would complain here.

Like i sayed before, last ubisoft game for me too, this is the first time that happens something like that to me.

vbalodas
11-16-2013, 11:38 AM
Really wanted to buy this game, as this looked like some fresh air in an over-milked cow of a game. Reconsidered after reading through this. A pirates life for me. This is just appalling to say the least. And they talk about piracy like it's the peoples fault. It's like listening to a blind kid's view's on colors and rainbows. Sorry for the expression.

gh0stw4lker
11-16-2013, 01:15 PM
Only the pre-order version (http://steamdb.info/sub/32627/) of the RU Standard Edition has a run restriction, not the non-pre-order version (http://steamdb.info/sub/32801/) that will be available after the release.

I'm still wondering if the Gold Edition can be activated outside of America. On Steam's end there are no restrictions. But what if the CD keys have to be transferred to Uplay manually? What if they can't be activated? You would end up with a non-functional game tied to your Steam account.

Darkshodan
11-16-2013, 01:42 PM
Only the pre-order version (http://steamdb.info/sub/32627/) of the RU Standard Edition has a run restriction, not the non-pre-order version (http://steamdb.info/sub/32801/) that will be available after the release.

I'm still wondering if the Gold Edition can be activated outside of America. On Steam's end there are no restrictions. But what if the CD keys have to be transferred to Uplay manually? What if they can't be activated? You would end up with a non-functional game tied to your Steam account.

Hmm interesting, so they will remove it on the standard preorder ru+cis version also i guess after the launch? I mean that atleast we can run it from another region, makes no sense to have a preorder standard ru+cis version, who can only be played in ru+cis countries and a standard version which is still region locked but atleast you can play it world wide, that is exactly what i wanted.

But no idea, i am now abit confused, maybe here is someone who can explain it better, what this means.

AndR3iV
11-16-2013, 02:06 PM
So yeah, i'm another sucker who traded on steamgifts and got a standard edition, now i have an unplayable game in my inventory. On the bright side the game has already been cracked, you can pirate it (pun intended) so if this whole situation doesn't sort out i guess that's what i'm going to do. Congratiulations Ubisoft on supporting piracy!

Flizpipe
11-17-2013, 12:26 PM
So why Ubi Soft is not give us a answer, i am one of the unlucky ones too, that got a standard edition over steam trade.
i feel robbed from Ubi Soft, just remove the region lock from it and let us play -.-

Fabian160381
11-18-2013, 12:28 AM
So why Ubi Soft is not give us a answer, i am one of the unlucky ones too, that got a standard edition over steam trade.
i feel robbed from Ubi Soft, just remove the region lock from it and let us play -.-

You feel robbed from Ubisoft? C'mon...
You bought the cheapest available version from some shady Steam trader and want to blame Ubisoft now...

Valdrrak
11-18-2013, 01:41 AM
You bought the cheapest available version from some shady Steam trader and want to blame Ubisoft now...

Well yea, Ubisoft are the ones who changed the game AFTER many already brought it. There is nothing wrong with trying to get a better price on goods we purchase, would you rather us pirate the game instead?

Darkshodan
11-18-2013, 02:44 AM

I payed nearly 30€ for the region locked standard version, look at ebay, they sell region free uplay codes for 10-20€ (free Keys when you bought a nvidia gpu),so this is better??

Ubi Soft is even worser then EA, never thougt i would say that someday...

SoumojitC
11-18-2013, 11:50 AM
Can I activate a digital deluxe ru+cis version now? :) any1 help

GrrImAFridge
11-19-2013, 05:10 AM
Good news, standard edition folks:

about 2 hours ago Removed onlyallowrunincountries – RU AM AZ BY GE KZ KG MD TJ TM UZ UA LV LT EE

williamarmor
11-19-2013, 06:34 AM
not to be a **** but the game is already on PC on kickasstorrent and piratebay and yes its the deluxe edition cracked so people are playing that nice pirated game while us are wating like dumbs for the game to come out i think thats really awsome

AndR3iV
11-19-2013, 07:13 AM
UbiSoft has done right by us guys with standard edition too. http://steamdb.info/sub/32627/#section_history I must say I'm rather impressed, looking forward to purchasing Watch Dogs when it comes out and this time surely not from russian traders lol.

Minizia
11-19-2013, 07:56 AM
Thanks alot, never thougt this would happend :D

Darkshodan
11-19-2013, 07:58 AM
UbiSoft has done right by us guys with standard edition too. http://steamdb.info/sub/32627/#section_history I must say I'm rather impressed, looking forward to purchasing Watch Dogs when it comes out and this time surely not from russian traders lol.

Wow that's great, thanks alot ubisoft, same here, will next time stay away from any russian steam traders,

Valdrrak
11-19-2013, 08:17 AM
Awesome that they finally fixed it, however I have the item in my inventory and it says "This is a restricted gift which can only be redeemed in these countries: Russian Federation, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Republic of, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia" so can I still use it? because it doesn't seem so.

Solid-Snake-Eyes
11-19-2013, 09:22 AM
Nevermind.

Zero-PAiN
11-19-2013, 08:06 PM
Nevermind.

I can't play my Digital Deluxe edition. Region Blocked.

JoOoKeR05
11-19-2013, 08:10 PM
block again because I do not understand, they remove the lock to put it back? WTF!

graziano.1988
11-19-2013, 08:16 PM
When I saw that they had unlocked I also bought the season pass. Now it's unplayable. What should I do with it? I have spent money for nothing?

ratgab
11-19-2013, 08:18 PM
According to Steam the game is already released. I have also a Copy of the Digital Deluxe edition (Ru+Cis tagged) and it is not working.

Same as for Zero-Pain. It does not finished preloading (i can see that in my steam library) and it does not continue installation. When i press the install button I get the following text:
"This game was activated with a product code that is valid only in specific geograpic region. Since you are not currently in that region Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag is not available to play."

So Dear Ubisoft does that mean that region restriction (run restriction) is still in place (i have bought and activated my copy way before region lock was placed) and i can't play the game i have payed for?

Or I have to wait till the 22th of November (it was the official release date for my region) to play my copy?

Today the game is only released in America or in Europe as well? Please clarify this for me, because i don't quite understand whats happening.

Chrismiyster
11-19-2013, 08:22 PM
Yes I'd like some more information on this as well. The region lock was removed only to be put back on again??

Zero-PAiN
11-19-2013, 08:39 PM
ill provide pictures soon, but it seemsregion block has switched from regular to deluxe, because my regular gifts don't have the red text anymore, but the deluxe edition does.
I think they just had a minor mistake.

Darkshodan
11-19-2013, 08:50 PM
Funny thing is, the ru+cis preorder standard version works just fine in europe,i am playing it right now, don't know why they now blocked the deluxe version again?

Frohlemageblanc
11-19-2013, 08:57 PM
Hello there, traded Deluxe Edition, not marked in ANY WAY as an RU version.
I also bought the season pass in my region (europe) and now I found myself unable to launch the game at all.
Can you say to the smart marketing guy that took this really great decision to take another job ? Thanks you very much.

GrrImAFridge
11-19-2013, 09:11 PM
I can't play my Digital Deluxe edition. Region Blocked.

It would appear somebody mistakenly re-added the allowonlyrunincountries flag when adding the keys to the sub. History suggests that this won't be resolved for a few days at least but I hope I'm wrong.

For the Ubi employees that read this thread: remove the aforementioned flag from the 32624 sub (http://steamdb.info/sub/32624/) and do not add it to the 32627 sub (http://steamdb.info/sub/32627/). These are not the same pre-order subs that were region-locked from the get-go but rather the original ones that were retroactively region-locked after being region-free for two weeks, hence the new subs which acted as replacements. Hopefully there's no confusion here -- 32627 and 32624 are not supposed to be region-locked.

ratgab
11-19-2013, 09:15 PM
It's tuesday now, so i hope it will be solved by the end of this week. Maybe sooner. But it is just my hope....

Yusuf1653
11-19-2013, 09:40 PM

I agree. I've activated 32624 on my steam account as well(without any red restriction texts on steam gift). The lock was removed 13-14 days ago, now they added it again. This shouldn't be anybody's toy...

revlisoft
11-19-2013, 09:49 PM
Support ticket created. Why did they make such a mess of a release and do things normally? Is Ubisoft looking to get press.. any kind of press? even bad press? I bought and traded the game legally. There's no reason why they can retroactively block me out now. This is completely unfair and why people choose to pirate games! The good citizens are being treated unfairly!

revlisoft
11-19-2013, 09:52 PM
It looks like they moved the release to be all on the same day. If you check the RU version there's no more "available on 11/21". Along with updated the tag they updated the release date globally to today. Not that it matters for those outside of the region locked area who can't play after trading a non-tagged version which is now tagged and unplayable!

According to Steam the game is already released. I have also a Copy of the Digital Deluxe edition (Ru+Cis tagged) and it is not working.

Same as for Zero-Pain. It does not finished preloading (i can see that in my steam library) and it does not continue installation. When i press the install button I get the following text:
"This game was activated with a product code that is valid only in specific geograpic region. Since you are not currently in that region Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag is not available to play."

So Dear Ubisoft does that mean that region restriction (run restriction) is still in place (i have bought and activated my copy way before region lock was placed) and i can't play the game i have payed for?

Or I have to wait till the 22th of November (it was the official release date for my region) to play my copy?

Today the game is only released in America or in Europe as well? Please clarify this for me, because i don't quite understand whats happening.

revlisoft
11-19-2013, 09:56 PM
Looks like it has been fixed. I hope this is permanent!!!

7 minutes ago Removed onlyallowrunincountries RU AM AZ BY GE KZ KG MD TJ TM UZ UA LV LT EE

ratgab
11-19-2013, 10:07 PM
Yes! It is installing for me too. I will keep you posted if it runs as well.

Zero-PAiN
11-19-2013, 10:09 PM
Thank you everyone!

ratgab
11-19-2013, 10:38 PM
Works like a charm! Thank you Ubisoft for the fast problem solveing.

You earned a couple of really satisfied costumers! :-)

JoOoKeR05
11-19-2013, 10:54 PM
Works like a charm! Thank you Ubisoft for the fast problem solveing.

You earned a couple of really satisfied costumers! :-)

+1

GrrImAFridge
11-20-2013, 04:58 AM
Thanks for being quick on the draw, Ubi. It's nice to be wrong sometimes. ;)

annimali1990
11-20-2013, 07:23 PM
I purchased one from RU store about 2 hours ago, and it is locked???

annimali1990
11-21-2013, 03:48 PM
Can someone please PM me where to get the region free version cheap? the RU version is locked.

Zero-PAiN
11-21-2013, 09:12 PM
Can someone please PM me where to get the region free version cheap? the RU version is locked.

This thread had to deal with only those who preordered. Those who purchased/traded for an unlocked version.

You don' goofed, a-annimali.

annimali1990
11-22-2013, 07:43 PM
This thread had to deal with only those who preordered. Those who purchased/traded for an unlocked version.

You don' goofed, a-annimali.

Alot of people are selling a ROW version cheap, I don't understand how they get it cheaper then retail if the RU version is locked...

Keith_Phan
11-23-2013, 03:22 PM
Alot of people are selling a ROW version cheap, I don't understand how they get it cheaper then retail if the RU version is locked...

Yeah, i'm wondering where they get it, too. Seems like a lot of russian traders know how to bypass this region thing

Anykeyer
11-25-2013, 06:10 AM
Yeah, i'm wondering where they get it, too. Seems like a lot of russian traders know how to bypass this region thing

Its impossible. Most likely cheap keys have been obtained using stolen bank cards information.

Zero-PAiN
11-25-2013, 07:24 PM
Its impossible. Most likely cheap keys have been obtained using stolen bank cards information.

Hah, you know very little, don't you.

Take a peak over at steamprices.com - You'll learn.

Anykeyer
11-27-2013, 06:04 AM

I know about this site. In which country do they sell ROW codes cheap?

YazX_
11-27-2013, 02:38 PM

prices on this site is somehow overpriced, you still can get same games cheaper on other websites. as an example, AC4 is for 60$, its for 37$ on other websites.

Zero-PAiN
12-02-2013, 08:45 PM
prices on this site is somehow overpriced, you still can get same games cheaper on other websites. as an example, AC4 is for 60$, its for 37$ on other websites.

You didn't even use the site correctly.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

руб 799.00 $ 24.08

That's cheap.