PDA

View Full Version : Timeline/ cancelling upgrades?

galron07
10-19-2013, 06:43 PM
Say can you cancel an upgrade on your timeline once you click it

Paul_Rotterdam
10-19-2013, 08:05 PM
no

MartyAmodeo
10-23-2013, 12:22 AM
Too easy to exploit.

dre.maa
10-23-2013, 03:05 AM
The debate was originally held here: http://forums-mightandmagicheroeskingdoms.ubi.com/us/read.php?81,2911,page=1

For construction projects: if you lost the resources no matter what, would it still be exploitable? I understand why you can't cancel an action and get the resources back because then you could "pretend" to build things without intending to finish them and store those resources used for later-like when your gold reserves get low due to high maintenance. But if you built something in the wrong square and were planning on destroying it anyway after it was built, why not be able to "destroy" things as soon as construction begins? You will still have the travel time, and I am even fine with the "destruction" taking a certain percentage of time that the completion was done. For example, if it normally takes 2.5 hours to destroy the building and you were 50% done the destruction takes 1.25 hours.

And as far as improving/upgrading mines, make them pillage-able at all times. I don't understand why pillaging them while they were improving didn't penalize the city at all. At least make it so that the improvement stops for x hours, just as if you actually pillaged it. If you give the alliance points like it was pillaged, even without the gold that should be how it works anyhow...you successfully pillaged the city, there shouldn't be a way to skirt the consequences. Is there a reason (other than the fact that the mine was not producing resources at that time anyway) that it does not already exist this way?

And as explained in the prior post, any type of PvP actions (scouting/army movement/attacks) need to be non-cancel-able. And, the fact that if an army is already besieging a city the second arriving army turns and goes home just baffles my mind. It should attempt a siege break and lay siege if victorious, and turn around and go home if it loses-unless it is someone within your own alliance. Is there a reason that this is not the case?