PDA

View Full Version : Today I played AC4 and I liked it!

Mr_Stunner
10-19-2013, 06:00 PM
So today I went to the F.A.C.T.S. Conference and there were an Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag demo for PS4.
I kinda like it, it surprised me for the best, I was expecting to feel a lot like AC3, but I was wrong, it feels fairly fresh and the combat system is way more challenging, like on past games I had no problem on fights, even on my first tries, this time it was kinda though, I had to run too many times to regain healt, so I think it's positive, because now you really have to plan how to approach the guards and just nothing burting all your way through...
The graphics were very good and the water a masterpiece!

Mr_Shade
10-19-2013, 06:05 PM
Glad you enjoyed it :)

Now, expect LOADS of questions.. lol ;)

Wolfmeister1010
10-19-2013, 06:16 PM
So today I went to the F.A.C.T.S. Conference and there were an Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag demo for PS4.
I kinda like it, it surprised me for the best, I was expecting to feel a lot like AC3, but I was wrong, it feels fairly fresh and the combat system is way more challenging, like on past games I had no problem on fights, even on my first tries, this time it was kinda though, I had to run too many times to regain healt, so I think it's positive, because now you really have to plan how to approach the guards and just nothing burting all your way through...
The graphics were very good and the water a masterpiece!

How was stealth? What mission did you do?

Jexx21
10-19-2013, 06:18 PM
did you get served treats as you played the game?

adventurewomen
10-19-2013, 06:19 PM
Just out of curiosity where did you play the AC4 demo? Like what event..

silvermercy
10-19-2013, 06:25 PM
Was it 10 min per session? How easy did you find the PS4 controls? (I wasted most of time at Eurogamer getting used to them). lol

lol @ the questions piling up!

Mr_Stunner
10-19-2013, 06:31 PM
It was a assassination mission, I had to enter the jungle (which is really very dense), there were loads of guards there, like 15 or something, then I had to pass by them and escape the jungle. Afterwards I went to a small village near a beach and I had to use eagle vision to find my target, he was on a boat in the sea near the beach...

The event I played was this one: https://www.facebook.com/factsconvention?fref=ts
I got a AC4 poster and a black flag aswell :D

The PS4 controller itself is similar to the PS3, more comfortable probably, the controlers were almost like AC3's, although I had quite a hard time to guard when fighting. I don't know if it was that built but I couldn't interact with the touchpad at all, not even to bring the map...

Mr_Shade
10-19-2013, 06:33 PM
don't know if it was that built but I couldn't interact with the touchpad at all, not even to bring the map...
Just to officially confirm:

The Demo build of that mission [assassination] - does not have the map feature - in the full game, and other demos - the touchpad is used to bring up the map, navigate it [pinch zoom pan etc] and make sections :)

Mr_Stunner
10-19-2013, 06:35 PM
Just to officially confirm:

The Demo build of that mission [assassination] - does not have the map feature - in the full game, and other demos - the touchpad is used to bring up the map, navigate it [pinch zoom pan etc] and make sections :)

That's what I thought! Thank you for clarifying that ;)

adventurewomen
10-19-2013, 06:36 PM
Thanks for letting me know the event!

Great to read that you enjoyed the AC4 demo!

Sliver & I went to Eurogamer Expo a few weeks ago and placed AC4 demos there! :D

The PS4 controller feels like the 360 controller, and the PS4 controoler fits better in the hand compaired to previous PS controllers the PS4 is the best from previous ones.

k4Anarky2011
10-19-2013, 06:39 PM
So the combat is not piss easy, then?

http://evilspeculator.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/free-MrBurnsExcellent.gif

On the freerunning mechanics... Is it like AC3 or AC2?

adventurewomen
10-19-2013, 06:41 PM
On the freerunning mechanics... Is it like AC3 or AC2?
Since I also played the demo recently, the free running mechanics are reminiscent of AC3.

Mr_Stunner
10-19-2013, 06:45 PM
Yeah, the combat definitely it's thougher! I ended up doing some things that I never did before on an AC game, that was avoiding the guards just because I knew there was a big chance for me to die, on the other games I only avoided them with the propouse of playing it stealthy... Because I knew I could kill them all easily.

The free running mechanics are more AC3 alike, but they are more fluid, you can take like 3 different routes everytime in the jungle... For exeample, you can go on the ground, or climb dead trees a little above the floor or even climb trees and balancing in some vine-like plants on top...

k4Anarky2011
10-19-2013, 06:46 PM
Since I also played the demo recently, the free running mechanics are reminiscent of AC3.
Ok thanks. Not sure I'm happy to hear that, but I trusted Ubi to make the best decision and improvements.

IMO, AC3's mechanics was a little too smart for its own good.

Mr_Stunner
10-19-2013, 06:49 PM
Ok thanks. Not sure I'm happy to hear that, but I trusted Ubi to make the best decision and improvements.

IMO, AC3's mechanics was a little too smart for its own good.

For all the tree-climbing that you have to do on the jungles and everything I think it fits better on the game. But they are not the same as AC3, they are improved and more fluid

GreatBeyonder
10-19-2013, 06:53 PM
Does Edward treerun the same way Connor does, or is it a different mechanic for a different sort of character?

Mr_Stunner
10-19-2013, 06:55 PM
I didn't use tree running that much, but it reminded me Connor's tree running a lot!

Sushiglutton
10-19-2013, 07:02 PM
Are there any new moves in combat? What makes it harder (smaller counter windows, losing more health when hit, other?)

eifere
10-19-2013, 07:03 PM
gee I have 2 weeks to go before I get my hands on my copy of AC4 :)

k4Anarky2011
10-19-2013, 07:09 PM
Are there any new moves in combat? What makes it harder (smaller counter windows, losing more health when hit, other?)
OH QUESTION ME ME!! :o

Environment usage in combat? Does it officially exist? In the trailer, you can pick up bottles smash people in the head with it. Can you do that when you're unarmed, and like, smash people faces into tables and stuff?

Mr_Stunner
10-19-2013, 07:12 PM

Yeah, the dual blades change a lot of the combat mechanics, plus using pistols is not that unfair, because you have to manually target them so you'll loose a little time with that. And there were some darts that putted the guards to sleep, so you could pass by them like they were dead...

Like I said I had a hard time counting the moves, even guarding, it was a mix between the control scheme and being more difficult to do it. The guards are more smart and they don't wait for you to do your move anymore...

OH QUESTION ME ME!! :o

Environment usage in combat? Does it officially exist? In the trailer, you can pick up bottles smash people in the head with it. Can you do that when you're unarmed, and like, smash people faces into tables and stuff?

I don't know about it, I played most of it on the jungle and the beach, so on that places I didn't notice any environment usage during combat at all...

Jexx21
10-19-2013, 07:14 PM
game should still have quick fire so no manual aiming required as long as you're close to the person you're shooting.

Mr_Stunner
10-19-2013, 07:37 PM
game should still have quick fire so no manual aiming required as long as you're close to the person you're shooting.

Actually it still has, with the sleeping darts and that kind of weapons. But Edward's pistols count as primary weapons, so when you choose them you can't use the blades at the same time.

Mr_Shade
10-19-2013, 07:43 PM
Actually it still has, with the sleeping darts and that kind of weapons. But Edward's pistols count as primary weapons, so when you choose them you can't use the blades at the same time.
hmmm that's not something I found..

I was able to enter combat, with blades / swords - and still quick fire the pistols?

Maybe I was confused..

lothario-da-be
10-19-2013, 08:02 PM
Yeah, the combat definitely it's thougher! I ended up doing some things that I never did before on an AC game, that was avoiding the guards just because I knew there was a big chance for me to die, on the other games I only avoided them with the propouse of playing it stealthy... Because I knew I could kill them all easily.

The free running mechanics are more AC3 alike, but they are more fluid, you can take like 3 different routes everytime in the jungle... For exeample, you can go on the ground, or climb dead trees a little above the floor or even climb trees and balancing in some vine-like plants on top...
Do the jungles feel much more natural then the forests in ac3? They were well done in ac3 but felt too much lego-ish though.

Mr_Shade
10-19-2013, 08:07 PM
Do the jungles feel much more natural then the forests in ac3? They were well done in ac3 but felt too much lego-ish though.
To be honest, the 'jungle' in the demo - is a fairly simple path and many would have seen several run throughs of this demo - they where posted around the time of EGX - they should be on youtube ;)

pacmanate
10-19-2013, 08:08 PM
hmmm that's not something I found..

I was able to enter combat, with blades / swords - and still quick fire the pistols?

Maybe I was confused..

I was under the impression that quickfire was normal Triangle and free aim was the LT/RT thing. It makes most sense.

Mr_Shade
10-19-2013, 08:12 PM
I was under the impression that quickfire was normal Triangle and free aim was the LT/RT thing. It makes most sense.
it is.. from what I played - hence my confusion ;)

lothario-da-be
10-19-2013, 08:14 PM
To be honest, the 'jungle' in the demo - is a fairly simple path and many would have seen several run throughs of this demo - they where posted around the time of EGX - they should be on youtube ;)
I stopped watching any footage this weekend and Monday i will go dark. So no jungles for me.

Mr_Stunner
10-19-2013, 08:17 PM
it is.. from what I played - hence my confusion ;)

Probably, I can reacll that I changed to pistols and then when I use the attack button it started to free aim and no blades, with triangle it were the sleepind darths

Mr_Shade
10-19-2013, 08:18 PM
I stopped watching any footage this weekend and Monday i will go dark. So no jungles for me.
surprised you didn't see it last month though! ;)

lothario-da-be
10-19-2013, 08:20 PM
surprised you didn't see it last month though! ;)
Well, can't realy remember how the jungles looked then. :p

Mr_Shade
10-19-2013, 08:30 PM
Well, can't realy remember how the jungles looked then. :p
LOL ;)
Well it was more of a tunnel tbh

lothario-da-be
10-19-2013, 08:38 PM
LOL ;)
Well it was more of a tunnel tbh
No mini free-roam islands with trees?

Mr_Shade
10-19-2013, 08:50 PM
No mini free-roam islands with trees?Not in this demo.

It's the same demo which was shown at other events - it's a narrow path leading to the port, due to the intentions of the demo, it's very narrow, so people don't wander off ;)

lothario-da-be
10-19-2013, 08:53 PM
Not in this demo.

It's the same demo which was shown at other events - it's a narrow path leading to the port, due to the intentions of the demo, it's very narrow, so people don't wander off ;)
But there are nice natural fully exploralbe free-roam tropical islands in this game? :p

pacmanate
10-19-2013, 08:55 PM
But there are nice natural fully exploralbe free-roam tropical islands in this game? :p

http://24.media.tumblr.com/e6f70ce947b1a6535d8d122eaa3b5b62/tumblr_muq6mviK901ry5vpio1_500.gif

You wish!

lothario-da-be
10-19-2013, 08:59 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/e6f70ce947b1a6535d8d122eaa3b5b62/tumblr_muq6mviK901ry5vpio1_500.gif

You wish!
http://31.media.tumblr.com/ed5b4849836bf61ff5c8aee94bd30bd3/tumblr_mjpq58omDL1rm49iao1_250.gif

pacmanate
10-19-2013, 09:04 PM
http://31.media.tumblr.com/ed5b4849836bf61ff5c8aee94bd30bd3/tumblr_mjpq58omDL1rm49iao1_250.gif

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1oh1gjh511r272d0.gif

pacmanate
10-19-2013, 09:06 PM
Also, normal Miley Cyrus looks so weird.

I like normal Miley Cyrus, she was cute.

lothario-da-be
10-19-2013, 09:08 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1oh1gjh511r272d0.gif
http://25.media.tumblr.com/47b3e2b383e167dcb2b26c22eb00ee20/tumblr_mj128tAoBy1rarypbo1_500.gif

lothario-da-be
10-19-2013, 09:15 PM
I played AC4 too. Disappointing.
Beyond Two Souls is far better. GoTY.
Can someone ban her/him. That sig annoys me to death.

pacmanate
10-19-2013, 10:53 PM
Can someone ban her/him. That sig annoys me to death.

You can't ban someone cause of his/her sig. But I agree, he/she is a troll and pisses me and everyone else off by the looks of it. Everything negative, why even come here?

pacmanate
10-19-2013, 10:54 PM
I just realsied my gif of Miley Cyrus looks like she gives birth, opening her legs and looking like shes in pain

pacmanate
10-19-2013, 11:15 PM
Dont dog out Beyond two souls :(, I played it and it was a great game, I respect it for its great story. I hope it gets some awards but i disagree with that Coltillion guy I think The last of us should get GOTY.

TLoU is my GoTY for sure. Maybe even game of the last gen console cycle. Beyond is a great game I agree, just not for everyone. I want it, however am not paying £40 because of its linearity and lack of actual game, so replay will be a no for me. Will defo pick it up when its in the bargin bin though.

pacmanate
10-19-2013, 11:29 PM
Oh and did you see what you did there?

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2012-04-04-WillemDafoeLeslie_Hassler.jpg

... Not the slightest ;)

Legendz54
10-19-2013, 11:33 PM
Are you talking about Beyond or TLOU?

pacmanate
10-19-2013, 11:43 PM
He obviously means TLoU. It's such a cliché, predictable, apocalypse story. Overrated and for some reason, loved by the gaming community.

predictable? lol

Coltillion
10-19-2013, 11:48 PM
TOPIC PLEASE. DO NOT DERAIL THIS THREAD ANY FURTHER, THANKS.

Anyway, as I've been saying, AC4 is nothing compared to Beyond Two Souls. When I played at ComicCon... ugh.

poptartz20
10-20-2013, 12:26 AM
predictable? lol

Right!? I didn't see that end coming at all... dafuq.

TRoLLz! lol.

anyways. back on topic I had a ton of fun during my playthrough as well! It does feel fresh in a sense and there is just so much to do.

adventurewomen
10-20-2013, 12:30 AM
anyways. back on topic I had a ton of fun during my playthrough as well! It does feel fresh in a sense and there is just so much to do.
Same here lol! That's why I kept queuing to keep playing the AC4 demos, I ended up playing like 10 times at the Expo! :D

Mr_Stunner
10-20-2013, 12:31 AM
Of course you liked it, the gameplay is fun, the controls are smooth, but i must ask, is the story good? Did you do any mission? Did they have any purpuse whatsoever to the story? Or was it just go from point A to point B and kill a few people in the way?

It was an assassination mission, I started with a cutscene with Edward and his crew on the Jackdaw and it ended up on one of those typical after-assasination talks with the target.

Mr_Shade
10-20-2013, 12:41 AM
Right..

20 posts deleted...

derailing / trolling or posting gifs / memes will get you suspended.

back on topic

Wolfmeister1010
10-20-2013, 04:55 AM
Yeah, Beyond is a good movie.

Lol. I could turn lesbian for ellen page though.

Also, to keep this post on topic, ACIV is really turning out great, and edward is cool.

Jexx21
10-20-2013, 04:58 AM
your dog is a good movie

Wolfmeister1010
10-20-2013, 05:22 AM
My dog was a good movie before he died.

Awkward

Jexx21
10-20-2013, 05:50 AM
pirate would turn gay for jensen ackles

Mr_Shade
10-20-2013, 02:23 PM
Right, another 15 posts removed..

last warning..

I am not going to issue infractions for the next thread you guys try and derail / go off topic on.

it will be instant bans.