PDA

View Full Version : A good novel for those who want to read something close to AC4 BF

HiddenKiller612
10-19-2013, 04:15 AM
Not sure if anyone has read this book but I thought I'd make a topic about it since it is set a little before the events in black flag and it kind of has similarities to it. It's called Pirate Latitudes by Michael Crinchton. It even has a captain like Edward, it has them assaulting a fort, and it even talks about different pirate weaponry. It's very well written. Just wanted to share that with the members that like to read.

adventurewomen
10-19-2013, 04:20 AM
Thanks for the recommendation, I'll have to read that book it sounds interesting!

Oliver Bowden is releasing the AC4 book soon.

HiddenKiller612
10-19-2013, 04:23 AM
Thanks for the recommendation, I'll have to read that book it sounds interesting!

Oliver Bowden is releasing the AC4 book soon.
I'll be picking up all the books at some point... As of yet I haven't read any of them.

Coltillion
10-19-2013, 04:25 AM
So basically PoTC without Jack Sparrow? No thanks.

Stealth Gamer92
10-19-2013, 04:26 AM
Not sure if anyone has read this book but I thought I'd make a topic about it since it is set a little before the events in black flag and it kind of has similarities to it. It's called Pirate Latitudes by Michael Crinchton. It even has a captain like Edward, it has them assaulting a fort, and it even talks about different pirate weaponry. It's very well written. Just wanted to share that with the members that like to read.

I have so little money as it is then I see this.....I will be broke by new year.... :p

HiddenKiller612
10-19-2013, 04:28 AM
I have so little money as it is then I see this.....I will be broke by new year.... :p
lol sorry to hurt your wallet... It's a great novel... you won't regret it.

Black_Widow9
10-19-2013, 04:32 AM
I actually just read this not that long ago. It has everything a pirate book should. It is definitely entertaining. :D

That's the beauty of a Library. Everything is free to rent. :p

I would suggest this as well. ;)
https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1320426993l/49851.jpg

The writer, David Cordingly, is the former head of exhibitions at Englands' National Maritime Museum.

Stealth Gamer92
10-19-2013, 04:37 AM
lol sorry to hurt your wallet... It's a great novel... you won't regret it.

I plan on buying the AC4 book as soon as it hits shelves then Halo: The Fall of REACH(since my library doesn't have it :() and I might see if my local library has or can get this book. They can't get the other 2 so I have no choice but to buy them but maybe I will get lucky with this book.

HiddenKiller612
10-19-2013, 04:38 AM
I plan on buying the AC4 book as soon as it hits shelves then Halo: The Fall of REACH(since my library doesn't have it :() and I might see if my local library has or can get this book. They can't get the other 2 so I have no choice but to buy them but maybe I will get lucky with this book.
It's possible... This book is a few years old now

Stealth Gamer92
10-19-2013, 04:44 AM
That's the beauty of a Library. Everything is free to rent. :p

My library is really small though and sometimes the other libraries in my parish don't have the book either like with that Halo The Fall Of Reach book which is from 2000.