PDA

View Full Version : RockSmith in pubs....?

RokDog007
10-19-2013, 03:12 AM
I haven't seen this question presented before
but instead or in addition to karaoke & jam nights in bars,, clubs, pubs etc
why not have a RockSmith night at the local watering hole...?

what kind of permit's etc would need to be obtained to bring the game public ?
would each player need to have their own UPlay/Steam account to do it legit ..?
or
new player profiles created on existing account ok...?

there's a few slow pubs in my area & I am thinking of making a pitch to try something new & different
to liven things up by being a R.S. Mobile Gaming Tech

Brick235
10-19-2013, 03:44 AM
I've thought of this idea and it sounds great on paper. I know some places had Guitar Hero/Rock Band set-ups in the past. I just don't think it works real well as a party game the way those did. But who knows give it a go. I would come check it out. :D

RokDog007
10-19-2013, 04:06 AM
Im gonna roll the dice & ask around at a couple local spots
as I have all the gear needed to make a nice live RS Set
its just a matter of loading up the truck & setting it up...

http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b487/Rok-Dog/Chevy%201500/InsurancePics001_zps99ee5964.jpg

http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b487/Rok-Dog/Chevy%201500/InsurancePics002_zpsc71e5fe2.jpg

rcole_sooner
10-19-2013, 04:30 AM
Man, I think this belongs in the Rock On forum!!!

Every time I go on vacation the resort has a karaoke night, and there are some really good singers out there.

I keep wishing they will have a Rocksmith night. None in the last 2 years.

I guess really maintenance on the guitar would be rough. I mean how many packs of strings would it take? LOL

RokDog007
10-19-2013, 06:38 AM
that's the thing, I have at least 7 guitars
that I would be willing to provide(contingent upon skill levels) along with a Bass Guitar and a mic for vocals
so it would be close to a open mic/jam night theme

shihdo
10-19-2013, 09:39 AM
I suppose a good starting point would be find a pub that does open mic/buskers nights and pitch the idea to them as a good way to get others involved, the thing is how many people would sit through somebody squealing and flailing there way through some of the songs, I did a couple of rockband/guitar hero nights and they were pretty good but you couldnt really hit a duff note on the controllers and the music pretty much carried on uninterrupted so was easier on the ear.

the idea is sound but the level of tolerance in different pubs may be the blocking factor in it.

mbarsott
10-19-2013, 12:18 PM
I had been thinking about that too. Bass and Guitar over RS, some nice amplification for vocals, maybe even a drumset, and there you go, a whole band karaoke.

RokDog007
10-19-2013, 12:39 PM
I suppose a good starting point would be find a pub that does open mic/buskers nights and pitch the idea to them as a good way to get others involved, the thing is how many people would sit through somebody squealing and flailing there way through some of the songs, I did a couple of rockband/guitar hero nights and they were pretty good but you couldnt really hit a duff note on the controllers and the music pretty much carried on uninterrupted so was easier on the ear.

the idea is sound but the level of tolerance in different pubs may be the blocking factor in it.

that's what the volume switch is for.....
or
perhaps open it up to RockSmith players that have achieved a certain rank
or
perhaps a practice nook for R.S. newbs to earn their chops on a specified song before putting them on set

dm_gsxr
10-19-2013, 05:49 PM
Yea, I think part of the problem are the folks who don't know how to play getting up to "Karaoke" and failing or even folks like us who need to have the system know what our level is. I'd have a great time but it'd take several sessions for the game to know where I am in knowledge.

Carl

Greenbrick2
10-19-2013, 05:56 PM
The license for karaoke and cover bands would work for the music in Rocksmith, but the game itself is still copyrighted, so you'd need specific permission from Ubisoft. I don't think they're going to be terribly aggressive in hunting down what amounts to a game kiosk, though.

I just can't see this working in a bar. In an arcade, sure. We had a medium sized arcade here with two pairs of couches around a giant TV, and every Rock Band and Guitar Hero instrument and game available to rent by the hour.

Dagreenskins
10-19-2013, 06:29 PM
I know this was talked about for the current game and shot down based the fact you could not change the play levels. So if a song was FC and a noob got up they would fail. With the new game it appears they made it for live compitition and parties. Won't know for sure until I get this bloody game inky hands.

toymachinesh
10-19-2013, 08:34 PM
Score Attack would make this much more of a reality