PDA

View Full Version : Animus in ToKW = Abstergo Animus?

Jexx21
10-18-2013, 02:26 PM
Because of it both being after the main game and presumably after the pivots being set up and because it's a darker blue theme like the Animus from AC1.

I wonder if ToKW was a game in the AC universe and who was the person who went through the memories.

Layytez
10-18-2013, 02:30 PM
I think it was the same people who were looking for the pivots.

pacmanate
10-18-2013, 02:50 PM
I guess that person could be us? Then again I don't see it's relevance, it was DLC after all.

DisbandedBox359
10-18-2013, 05:37 PM
Never really thought about although I'm assuming it was some Abstergo employee ( also known as me and everyone else on this forum) haha

adventurewomen
10-18-2013, 05:51 PM
At first I thought it could be some Abstergo employee, however looking at the whole of ToKW the episodes can be seen to be their own game separate from AC3. This leads me to believe from my perspective is that we are playing through the dream sequence directly from Ratonhnhaké:ton, as he experiences the dream we experience the same. I just thought that when I played ToKW. I just didn;t get the sense of the Animus taking center stage of ToKW.

I felt like ToKW was lead by Ratonhnhaké:ton soley on his dream experience, and ToKW being set after the events of AC3 makes sense for ToKW to focus on Ratonhnhaké:ton and not the Animus.

Jexx21
10-18-2013, 05:56 PM
It has to be the animus because I doubt that Connor would experience his powers and dream segments as animus-themed things.

Aphex_Tim
10-18-2013, 07:14 PM
It still had an Animus HUD, notifications and SSI.
Though typing this makes me doubt if it's an Abstergo animus after all.
All the HUD elements in AC3 were designed by Rebecca and ToKW uses these as well. Abstergo uses another interface.

Jexx21
10-18-2013, 07:32 PM
Well, Abstego probably would have took the Animus is reverse engineer any improvements they could, so they could be in the process of doing that while the guy is going through the ToKW memories.

GreatBeyonder
10-18-2013, 07:38 PM
Probably Animus, if only so future games can reference it, If it was a 'lost tale', then it would still use the same player interface. Why? Because it is still a videogame, after all.

The Da Vinci Disappearance turned out to be extremely relevant later on, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone in the present comes back later to find out what exactly Conner did with that Apple.

adventurewomen
10-18-2013, 08:05 PM
It has to be the animus because I doubt that Connor would experience his powers and dream segments as animus-themed things.
I agree some of the UI elements in the HUD are reminiscent of the Animus that's sure.

I just think that some of Ratonhnhaké:ton 's powers did happen in his dreams we just saw the UI elements of the Animus added.

The Da Vinci Disappearance turned out to be extremely relevant later on, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone in the present comes back later to find out what exactly Conner did with that Apple.
Ratonhnhaké:ton dropped the Apple into the Atlantic Ocean - my guess is that Juno collected it from there and returned it to the vault in the Coliseum ready for Desmond to collect in the future.

GreatBeyonder
10-18-2013, 08:10 PM
Ratonhnhaké:ton dropped the Apple into the Atlantic Ocean - my guess is that Juno collected it from there and returned it to the vault in the Coliseum ready for Desmond to collect in the future.

Well, yes, we know that. I meant the characters.

Jexx21
10-18-2013, 08:16 PM
Uhm, the apple Connor has is not Ezio's..

there is more than one Apple...

adventurewomen
10-18-2013, 08:23 PM
^ You're right there, actually!

IDK I sometimes forget there is more than one apple! :-\