PDA

View Full Version : Questions about AC Black Flag - ships, jungle

WeamDreaver
10-17-2013, 10:16 PM
Hi

Can we enter all the little islands? There are lots of small islands with dense foliage, but it looks like only some rare ones with less density are accessible. The ones that seem to have dense jungle are always placed on top of larger cliffs.

Does the ships have interior?

Can I upgrade my ship or even get better ships?

AherasSTRG
10-18-2013, 09:14 AM
Every single one of the islands on the map will be accessible. The people at Ubisoft confirmed that there are over 70 mapped location, along with other uncharted small islands.

The ship does have an interior from which you manage Edward's outfit and equipment, as well as send other vessels he commands in missions.

You sometimes control other ships than the Jackdaw in Story Missions. In free-roaming you can only ride the Jackdaw. Jackdaw itself is upgradable and costumisable, meaning you can add cannons or other weaponry, change its mast colours etc.

Fireseed
10-18-2013, 09:33 AM
Some islands are are accessible, I expect the most, but not all. On these islands you will find temples, holes, villages and jungle enviroment. And donīt forget you can also explore under water areas!

Your ship will be upgradable with a big range of equipment (weapons, armor, and so on), and it also possible to change some cosmetic things, like sails, steering wheels, and statues. I donīt know if the ships have interior, but this is a good question.

WeamDreaver
10-18-2013, 05:31 PM
Look at this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgF9QYDOooM,

For instance @ 3:20 you can see lots of small islands with dense jungle, especially the one to the left. Are those accessible too? A few seconds later he arrives at his destination for hunting. And that Island has only some palm trees but no dense foliage. Or in other words, can you only enter those islands with a shallow sandy beach?

BTW, do we have access to bow and arrow or crossbow?

And can we disable all the helping lines for targeting during the naval battles?

BridgetFisher
10-19-2013, 10:18 AM
Oh god I hope there is no bow again, having that thing glued to my character the whole ac3 was annoying. what a stupid day one dev mistake they coulda fixed but clearly didnt know how.