10-17-2013, 09:54 PM
Oh wow, where is this from?

Krayus Korianis
10-17-2013, 09:55 PM
Meh, my PC is next gen.

dex3108
10-17-2013, 09:58 PM
Oh wow, where is this from?

Nvidia press event that was streamed today.

P.S. I somebody from dev team read this i am really sorry that i made Sylvain chicken dancing i one of the gifs XD

Toa TAK
Yup, going to just stick with next gen instead of upgrading.

xryanx28
i was going to wait till next gen until i heard somewhere by ashraf i think that 99% of the players who will play both version wont see a difference. ill just play it again when the next gen comes out

Sushiglutton
10-17-2013, 10:02 PM
That's some pretty nifty effects. Foliage is real cool and water stuff will ofc matter in a pirate game.

Nvidia press event that was streamed today.

P.S. I somebody from dev team read this i am really sorry that i made Sylvain chicken dancing i one of the gifs XD

It looks like he is rapping the conference :)!

ze_topazio
10-17-2013, 10:03 PM
Current gen looks good enough, now i feel more relieved since that's the version i am going to get.

The differences are not really that abysmal, i guess we will have to wait for AC5 to see a real next gen AC.

pacmanate
10-17-2013, 10:05 PM
Yeah the differences aren't that great but thats current gens fault.

Flutterwhat
10-17-2013, 10:13 PM
does anyone have a link to the press confrence it's self? seems like something intresting to watch

pacmanate
10-17-2013, 10:17 PM
does anyone have a link to the press confrence it's self? seems like something intresting to watch

2 hours 46 - http://www.twitch.tv/pcper/b/470967024

OP add the link ^

STDlyMcStudpants
10-17-2013, 10:32 PM
am i the only one that thinks the difference is outstanding?
I only prefer current gen for that raining scene
The foliage though is beautiful!
But I played Dead Island this winter before I got a new HD TV and ontop of that the color messed up and screen was green colored (main reason i bought a new tv)
And played every single AC on a standard TV with composits
And the switch didnt force enjoy the expierience any more on an hd tv or with better color..
SO with that being said..visuals arent enough to make me hold out lol

Flutterwhat
10-17-2013, 10:57 PM
I actually love watching their tech demos they have there. it reminds me back when i got really impressed over bump mapping and the source engine

Azula2005
10-18-2013, 04:29 AM
wow...that's a crazy difference bro, especially the foliage

pirate1802
10-18-2013, 05:27 AM
am i the only one that thinks the difference is outstanding?

No, the difference is substantial indeed. Especially the foliage and raindrop one. But anywho, PC playa I am, so next-gen hardware I have.

Shahkulu101
10-18-2013, 05:48 AM
Definitely buying both now - just seen this and the difference is jarring, especially the rain and foliage effects. Damn I just wish the PS4 came out already and I could play the superior version first.

Sn1p3r-28
10-18-2013, 06:33 AM
The difference is huge... makes me want to wait for PS4.

So hard to decide, argh.

RaulO4
10-18-2013, 07:03 AM
so let me get this straight, pc can always do this but its only now when UBI decide to make the graphics jump instead of just better texture resolution,
well thanks ps4 for making them do so :D

pacmanate
10-18-2013, 08:18 AM
so let me get this straight, pc can always do this but its only now when UBI decide to make the graphics jump instead of just better texture resolution,
well thanks ps4 for making them do so :D

Its because they use to be made for consoles before. But now the new ones are more like PC, they can do this stuff. The next gen versions have been confirmed (if not before) that they were made on PC and ported to next gen.

Mr_Shade
10-18-2013, 10:44 AM
link to static images - might be better than the fit educing gifs..

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/10/17/assassins-creed-iv-differences-between-ps4xbox-onepc-and-old-generation-further-detailed (http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/10/17/assassins-creed-iv-differences-between-ps4xbox-onepc-and-old-generation-further-detailed/)

Its because they use to be made for consoles before. But now the new ones are more like PC, they can do this stuff. The next gen versions have been confirmed (if not before) that they were made on PC and ported to next gen.

The PC will always be the best 'version' - due to the power and hardware..

Next Gen - are closer in power to this now, so a lot of the effects can transfer - so you get a lot more detail and effects..

Current Gen - lets not forget - WILL still look good, when compared to other titles on the consoles, If you enjoyed AC3 you should this!

I will say, however compared to PC / Xbox One / PS4 - you will see the differences.. which is expected?

This is not due to Ubisoft not 'caring' 'bad port' or 'rushing' it - it's just the power of the new consoles allows those effects

Coltillion
10-18-2013, 12:29 PM
Even on next gen, this game carries the graphics from a 2005 release.

adventurewomen
10-18-2013, 12:34 PM
Even on next gen, this game carries the graphics from a 2005 release.
You do release that the AC4 demos were running on a PS4. So no your argument is invalided as much as your signature.

I've also played the AC4 demos on PS4 the graphics are great!

pirate1802
10-18-2013, 12:36 PM
hahahahaha his signature. I just realized there is Ezio Rocks carefully hidden in there xD

But yeah, I've not seen a 2005 game that looks better.

Sn1p3r-28
10-18-2013, 12:36 PM
Current Gen - lets not forget - WILL still look good, when compared to other titles on the consoles, If you enjoyed AC3 you should this!

I will say, however compared to PC / Xbox One / PS4 - you will see the differences.. which is expected?

This is not due to Ubisoft not 'caring' 'bad port' or 'rushing' it - it's just the power of the new consoles allows those effects

Well said, Sir.

Mr_Shade
10-18-2013, 12:40 PM
Lets not start talking about signatures again - topic please ;)

adventurewomen
10-18-2013, 12:43 PM
In my experience the PC version of AC4 was stunningly beautiful! as well PS4 equally beautiful graphically! :D

Layytez
10-18-2013, 01:33 PM
Hmm I don't plan on getting AC4 on PS4 day one but I might if I can find it cheaper later.

Mr_Shade
10-18-2013, 01:35 PM
Hmm I don't plan on getting AC4 on PS4 day one but I might if I can find it cheaper later.
If you buy it on PS3 - you can upgrade cheap though? :)

Layytez
10-18-2013, 01:40 PM
If you buy it on PS3 - you can upgrade cheap though? :)

Friend of mine is getting me a copy for free but he wants the discount code.

Mr_Shade
10-18-2013, 01:43 PM
Friend of mine is getting me a copy for free but he wants the discount code.
?

But you need the disc and code to get the offer?

Layytez
10-18-2013, 01:46 PM
?

But you need the disc and code to get the offer?

That's my point...I can't get the offer for cheap because he wants the code. That's why I said I will try get it cheaper some way at a later date.

Mr_Shade
10-18-2013, 01:58 PM
That's my point...I can't get the offer for cheap because he wants the code. That's why I said I will try get it cheaper some way at a later date.
BUT - he can't use that code and get the discount - he needs the disc to claim the upgrade to PS4 and play it?

So, not much point to him having the code?

Layytez
10-18-2013, 02:01 PM
BUT - he can't use that code and get the discount - he needs the disc to claim the upgrade to PS4 and play it?

So, not much point to him having the code?

He's getting another disc but it wont come with a code.

Mr_Shade
10-18-2013, 02:02 PM
He's getting another disc but it wont come with a code.
oh right - that's odd - since all retail copies come with the code.:)

If he's a reviewer, he can just ask for the PS4 review code? - assuming that's how he is getting the PS3 disc without the code [only way I know?] :)

Layytez
10-18-2013, 02:05 PM
oh right - that's odd - since all retail copies come with the code.:)

If he's a reviewer, he can just ask for the PS4 review code? - assuming that's how he is getting the PS3 disc without the code [only way I know?] :)

He tried to but they couldn't for some reason. I have no problem giving him the code since he's getting me a PS3 copy for free.

pacmanate
10-18-2013, 02:09 PM
I wish someone would give me free stuff. It's my birthday tomorrow after all.

Mr_Shade
10-18-2013, 02:20 PM
He tried to but they couldn't for some reason. I have no problem giving him the code since he's getting me a PS3 copy for free.very odd, oh well.

pirate1802
10-18-2013, 02:21 PM

My you have a very miserable birthday

DSafrin
10-18-2013, 02:29 PM
I'm glad to see the comparison :)
I only hope that water in the current gen version will behave like the water we've seen so far from next gen footage (I don't mind the amount of reflections, or other visuals like that, but I do love those waves!)
I'm not sure if I like the next gen foliage...but I'd probably have to see more of both versions to decide, as the current gen foliage looks dull, and next gen foliage looks a bit too vivid for me...then again, it's just a matter of personal opinion and a minor thing, I would probably get used to each version fast, as each looks good on it's own. It's just the comparison that got me thinking "too dull! Too vivid!", I didn't think so when watching the gameplay videos of AC4, nor when playing AC3... :D

Sn1p3r-28
10-18-2013, 02:32 PM

My birthday is also tomorrow :)

pacmanate
10-18-2013, 02:49 PM
My you have a very miserable birthday

I know, it sucks.

My birthday is also tomorrow :)

Woo! Birthday Buddy!

OT: I said before how the differences weren't substantial, I was being stupid. I love the foliage but what really stood out for me was the rain, it actually looks REAL. It's a shame that these were still shots, I would have liked them to demo about 10 seconds current/10 seconds next gen of the stuff they were showing.

Dutchman141
10-20-2013, 12:20 PM
I'm glad to see the comparison :)
I only hope that water in the current gen version will behave like the water we've seen so far from next gen footage (I don't mind the amount of reflections, or other visuals like that, but I do love those waves!) :D

I know It's a bit late reply (I'm not online that much) but I wondered this myself.
Yesterday I checked Ashraf Ismail's twitter and there were the following questions directed to him:

@AshrafAIsmail Sea Engine will be on Current Gen consoles ..? Reply Ash if you can... :)

@NickPar1 yes it will be

@AshrafAIsmail Will that cool lighter blue/turquoise transparency on the top of the waves be on current gen too?

@DavidPageLT yes

So I think we can expect a lot better looking sea in AC4 then the one in AC3 :) And I though the sea in AC3 looked great allready.

Sn1p3r-28
10-20-2013, 01:47 PM
The water looks amazing in this game, that's for sure. Especially in shallows.

DSafrin
10-20-2013, 02:27 PM
Yesterday I checked Ashraf Ismail's twitter and there were the following questions directed to him:

@AshrafAIsmail Sea Engine will be on Current Gen consoles ..? Reply Ash if you can... :)

@NickPar1 yes it will be

@AshrafAIsmail Will that cool lighter blue/turquoise transparency on the top of the waves be on current gen too?

@DavidPageLT yes

So I think we can expect a lot better looking sea in AC4 then the one in AC3 :) And I though the sea in AC3 looked great allready.

That's great! Thanks for finding that information, now I can't wait to see the current gen version :)