PDA

View Full Version : Expansion 4 suggestion: 1 and 2 cost creatures for the Magical-heroes

razcrux
10-17-2013, 09:24 PM
Right now if you play any of the Invoker heroes you have a major starting problem with creatures.

All the creatures you could play if going second that cost 2, require 2 might -- and you only start with 0 might, meaning 1 might on that turn. There isn't a single creature you can play! (okay there are a few exceptions, but not many)

I suggest adding to each faction a creature that costs 2 resource to play, and has as its requirement 1 Might and 2 Magic -- so that Invokers actually have a viable 2 drop.

I would also add one additional neutral 2 drop, that also costs 1 might and 2 magic, and make the ability on this card synergize with Discards, since all Seekers have this ability.

That would ensure that all Invokers have one faction-specific 2 drop plus one neutral 2 drop that they can put in their decks, giving them at least 8 cards to rely on for turn 1 (if they want more turn 1 reliance, invokers could add in some 1 drops)

Here are some examples of possible cards, note that these are meant to really work with Invokers, and be less valuable to other heroes -- which is why they all trigger on discarding cards (though Sandal and Ignatius will probably also love these):

-=-==-=-=-=--=-=

HAVEN
2 Resources
Void Miner - Magical Shooter
1 Might, 2 Magic
1 Attack 0 Retaliation 4 Life
Every time your hero discards a card, gain 2 resources.

NECRO
2 Resources
Infectious Familiar - Magical Flyer
1 Might, 2 Magic
0 Attack 1 Retaliation 5 Life
During your turn, every time your hero discards one or more cards, place 1 Poison counter on target creature.

NEUTRAL
(rare)
2 resources
Feasting Eether - Magical Flyer
1 Might, 2 Magic
1 Attack 0 Retaliation 2 Life
Incorporeal
The first time a player discards a card on their turn, Feasting Ether gains 1 Life

--OR---
{a stronger card for major synergy with any Invoker}

NEUTRAL
(rare)
2 resources
Spirit of the Void - Magical Flyer
1 Might, 2 Magic
Incorporeal
The first time a player discards a card on their turn, gain 1 Magic level

and so forth.

krolk8888
10-18-2013, 04:57 PM
well,i would want to see spells and fortunes(named respectively counters and traps)that are automatically cast in opponents turn when he does smth,eg. cast a spell,destroy a creature,deal hero dmg,place a creature,draw a card etc.Those cards should cost 0 resources,and get automatically placed on the board(where they would wait for their conditions to get fulfilled while being invisible to opponent)when you draw them and meet their requirements(or remain in hand and then played when you do) (there should be a max limit for those cards like 8-12 in a deck)

Some examples for those cards:

1.Repel Magic(Spell,Counter,Light)(2 magic req)
When opponent casts a spell that deals damage,destroys,dispells or returns to hand any friendly creature,spell or fortune,negate the effect and banish that and negated cards.

2.Null zone(Spell,Counter,Primal)(2 magic req)
When opponent attacks with a creature,negate the attack and enchant the attacking creature with phased until your opponnent's next turn,banish this card afterwards.

3.Nature Glyph(Spell,Counter,Earth)(2 magic req)
When opponent casts an enchant spell on your creature,negate the enchant and put 2 poison counters on all enemy creatures in the same row as enchanted creature,banish this card afterwards.

4.Flaming Death(Spell,Counter,Fire)(3 magic req)
When opponent destroys your creature,all creatures in the same row receive 3 fire damage and gain cannot attack until your next turn.Banish this card afterwards.

Now for the trap cards:

1.Death guardian(Fortune,Trap,Necropolis)(3 fortune req)
When opponent ressurects a creature,or returns it to their hand,banish that creature and prevent any of its effects.Banish this card afterwards.

This should give you an idea what kind of spells/fortunes im thinking about,i would also like to see Primal magic split into Void and Primal,while primal gets more defensive kind of spells,while void is focused on banishing cards.Third concept i have are charged spells(A powerfull 6+ magic cost spells that can turn the tides of battle,but need to be charged in the middle of battleground,while being vulnearable to dispell ongoing cards.A concept:

1.Elrath's Light(6 Magic req,10 cost,Light,charging time:3 turns,unique epic)
Holy light cleanses the battlefield,fully healing your hero and creatures,while dispelling all enemy ongoing spells and fortunes,while also dealing damage equal to healing recevied split evenly between all enemy creatures.

Jarema03
10-24-2013, 09:48 PM
Right now if you play any of the Invoker heroes you have a major starting problem with creatures.

All the creatures you could play if going second that cost 2, require 2 might -- and you only start with 0 might, meaning 1 might on that turn. There isn't a single creature you can play! (okay there are a few exceptions, but not many)

I suggest adding to each faction a creature that costs 2 resource to play, and has as its requirement 1 Might and 2 Magic -- so that Invokers actually have a viable 2 drop.

I would also add one additional neutral 2 drop, that also costs 1 might and 2 magic, and make the ability on this card synergize with Discards, since all Seekers have this ability.

That would ensure that all Invokers have one faction-specific 2 drop plus one neutral 2 drop that they can put in their decks, giving them at least 8 cards to rely on for turn 1 (if they want more turn 1 reliance, invokers could add in some 1 drops)

Here are some examples of possible cards, note that these are meant to really work with Invokers, and be less valuable to other heroes -- which is why they all trigger on discarding cards (though Sandal and Ignatius will probably also love these):

-=-==-=-=-=--=-=

HAVEN
2 Resources
Void Miner - Magical Shooter
1 Might, 2 Magic
1 Attack 0 Retaliation 4 Life
Every time your hero discards a card, gain 2 resources.

NECRO
2 Resources
Infectious Familiar - Magical Flyer
1 Might, 2 Magic
0 Attack 1 Retaliation 5 Life
During your turn, every time your hero discards one or more cards, place 1 Poison counter on target creature.

NEUTRAL
(rare)
2 resources
Feasting Eether - Magical Flyer
1 Might, 2 Magic
Incorporeal
The first time a player discards a card on their turn, Feasting Ether gains 1 Life

--OR---
{a stronger card for major synergy with any Invoker}

NEUTRAL
(rare)
2 resources
Spirit of the Void - Magical Flyer
1 Might, 2 Magic
Incorporeal
The first time a player discards a card on their turn, gain 1 Magic level

and so forth.

I think that idea is interesting, but every creature you propose is overpowered. And, in my opinion, it should be either equal or weaker than standard 2 resources drop

razcrux
10-29-2013, 08:02 PM
Sure balance can be set in testing, the principle is having a viable 2-drop for Invokers when you go second. Currently Academy has some, but not many other factions do. A clear oversight!