PDA

View Full Version : Black flag release date

henning86
10-16-2013, 09:47 AM
I am wondering why the PC edetion will launch later than the ps3 and xbox? Arn't the game made on a PC? then why the later release date?

Im not flameing or trolling im simply wondering why?

Kind regards from here. and looking forward to play the game

AherasSTRG
10-16-2013, 12:03 PM
It's for a number of reasons.
First and foremost, the PC version is more easily pirated. So, Ubisoft is trying to maximize their earnings by trying to win as much money as possible from the console versions of the game.
Secondly, it seems more appropriate to release all the high graphics version (PS4, X1, PC) altogether.
There are also other reasons, which I would prefer not to state.

TheLeoCrow
10-16-2013, 01:46 PM
Like Aheradrim said, the pc version will be the same as the next gen console version. And if they actually release the ps4, x1 and pc versions at the same time, i consider this a win for us pc players

etrur
10-16-2013, 05:04 PM
It's for a number of reasons.
First and foremost, the PC version is more easily pirated. So, Ubisoft is trying to maximize their earnings by trying to win as much money as possible from the console versions of the game.
Secondly, it seems more appropriate to release all the high graphics version (PS4, X1, PC) altogether.
There are also other reasons, which I would prefer not to state.

It has nothing to do with piracy, because piracy on the 360 the easiest thing to pull off. Not only that, there is no real argument as to how much companies actually lose to piracy on any platform (such as who would buy the game if they couldn't pirate it). More likely, they have deals with Sony/Microsoft to release early on console.

Mr_Shade
10-16-2013, 05:14 PM
The official reason:

All of the Next Generation versions release on the same day..

That's to highlight the advanced features of those versions and to make it clear that the PC version has those features.

Anything else anyone posts, is speculation.

Aeregon
10-16-2013, 05:24 PM
I think its unfair. I preorder the PC version long time ago when it was still being releases on 31-10 or 01-11. I preordered it so i could play asap and get my stream going again. No they screw us with some crap reason IMO. Now noone will have to watch my stream and guides cause they are already on youtube. Im gonna lose money on this! I pay so i can get it on a certain date, not to get it delayed! I hope ubisoft will compensate for the people who preordered before they changed the date. Ubisoft: "oh we got your money already anyways, lets delay it more so we can get even more!". Unfair, paying for something and not getting it.

Mr_Shade
10-16-2013, 06:08 PM
I think its unfair. I preorder the PC version long time ago when it was still being releases on 31-10 or 01-11. I preordered it so i could play asap and get my stream going again. No they screw us with some crap reason IMO. Now noone will have to watch my stream and guides cause they are already on youtube. Im gonna lose money on this! I pay so i can get it on a certain date, not to get it delayed! I hope ubisoft will compensate for the people who preordered before they changed the date. Ubisoft: "oh we got your money already anyways, lets delay it more so we can get even more!". Unfair, paying for something and not getting it.
hi,

i'm sorry you feel that way, however the only officially announced release date, is the current one.

Some retailers, may have published different dates, however you will need to speak to your retailer.

YazX_
10-18-2013, 09:47 AM

you are not the only one who is doing this, many console players are doing the same asa they get their hands on the game, so either ways, there is no guarantee that people will watch your guides and walkthroughs even if the game released on NOV 1st. if you want people to watch your vids then MAKE THEM BETTER than the ones that will be uploaded.

xtago
10-28-2013, 10:26 AM
If your going to release PC, PS4 and XBone together, you need to tell the stores what is happening as I got told by a store that the PC version is released tomorrow night.

As a midnight release.

I've also seen 3 release dates for this game the 31st the 22nd for PS4 XBone and the PC released some unknown date in december.

helmert7
10-28-2013, 09:05 PM
Hey, I am also waiting. i cant resist the spoilers to watch from consoles. but look from the bright-side. pc graphics are nicer and it cost 10 € less then console games!
but waiting is killing me.. i am bored as hell.. and i dont know which release date to believe. so plz help and make it clear to me. and btw is an playable demo avaible for pc?

AherasSTRG
10-28-2013, 10:49 PM
Hey, I am also waiting. i cant resist the spoilers to watch from consoles. but look from the bright-side. pc graphics are nicer and it cost 10 € less then console games!
but waiting is killing me.. i am bored as hell.. and i dont know which release date to believe. so plz help and make it clear to me. and btw is an playable demo avaible for pc?
20 euros in some countries. I am bored as well. With the delay in the european retail version of Batman Arkham Origins, I am just playing City all over again.
Anyway, 22nd is the European release date for the game. This date is on the official Ubisoft site (ubi.com), on Steam (Steam actually states 21st), on most versions of the game on ubishop, on Amazon UK, on the official forums and in retailers in my country.
No demo for the game on any format.

helmert7
10-29-2013, 07:21 PM
Why is there no Demo? they got 25 trailers but no Demo? just why?

helmert7
11-14-2013, 08:35 PM
Only 7 days left for west europe :)

Dag_B
11-14-2013, 10:49 PM
Why is there no Demo? they got 25 trailers but no Demo? just why?
They didn't want to give away the last 10 minutes they did not show yet. ^^

brotherofmetal
11-15-2013, 12:18 AM
The official reason:

That's to highlight the advanced features of those versions and to make it clear that the PC version has those features.

Does "features" in this case include correct SLI performance scaling? I ask, because I remember very distinctly the launch of Assassin's Creed 3, and how SLI monster machines with GTX 680's where getting abysmal frame rates, when they could run MUCH more demanding and graphically intensive games -- with better FPS I might add.

Hatefuldread
11-15-2013, 02:18 AM
The official reason:

Its somewhat interesting that Ubisoft has chosen to do this but no other company has, BF4 and CoD Ghosts both of which are on next gen consoles have released the PC version alongside the current consoles while still showing off the PC + next gen features.

But still it is insulting to make us wait just to show off features that are in the next gen consoles purely to exibit what they can do next to the PC version, there is no benefit to us PC gamers, its just a publicity stunt for the X1 and PS4.

strigoi1958
11-15-2013, 07:18 AM
I'm just happy to be getting it :) and it's not long now

Anykeyer
11-15-2013, 07:20 AM
Both BF and CoD are PC MP games ported on consoles to boost sales. While AC is console SP which just happens to be on PC too and having half-assed MP.

brotherofmetal
11-16-2013, 06:02 AM
Its somewhat interesting that Ubisoft has chosen to do this but no other company has, BF4 and CoD Ghosts both of which are on next gen consoles have released the PC version alongside the current consoles while still showing off the PC + next gen features.

But still it is insulting to make us wait just to show off features that are in the next gen consoles purely to exibit what they can do next to the PC version, there is no benefit to us PC gamers, its just a publicity stunt for the X1 and PS4.

Exactly. The PS4 version is out TODAY in the U.S. Guess what gamers love to do on weekends? They love to grab a cold beer, relax, and play games. ESPECIALLY new games, like AC4. Not only did we have to wait nearly a month apart from current consoles, but we have to wait till the weekend is over from the next gen consoles.

They must truly not want my money, badly.

archav3n
11-16-2013, 06:33 AM
Exactly. The PS4 version is out TODAY in the U.S. Guess what gamers love to do on weekends? They love to grab a cold beer, relax, and play games. ESPECIALLY new games, like AC4. Not only did we have to wait nearly a month apart from current consoles, but we have to wait till the weekend is over from the next gen consoles.

They must truly not want my money, badly.

You are wrong. The corporate giants aka Microsoft & Sony have full control over the industry. They want the PC to die off. They are selling you a sub-par box (for revenue) then they want to charge you annual subscription (which is not applicable to PC. Steam, GoG, etc.). Also not only they want to make the sub-par box as a gaming platform, they want to have TV channels, music, pay per-view and all that kind of stuff.

After they sell you the hardwares, they want to continuosly selling you "services" of course more $. Instead of focusing on the industry chain, Microsoft is losing billions upon billions annually in hope they can see the money$$.

Also, any games that made available to the XBox or Sony platform, they'll need to pay these corporates royaltie$$. So honestly, these corporations like Microsoft & Sony should die off.

brotherofmetal
11-16-2013, 07:32 AM
You are wrong. The corporate giants aka Microsoft & Sony have full control over the industry. They want the PC to die off. They are selling you a sub-par box (for revenue) then they want to charge you annual subscription (which is not applicable to PC. Steam, GoG, etc.). Also not only they want to make the sub-par box as a gaming platform, they want to have TV channels, music, pay per-view and all that kind of stuff.

After they sell you the hardwares, they want to continuosly selling you "services" of course more $. Instead of focusing on the industry chain, Microsoft is losing billions upon billions annually in hope they can see the money$$.

Also, any games that made available to the XBox or Sony platform, they'll need to pay these corporates royaltie$$. So honestly, these corporations like Microsoft & Sony should die off.

If you really wanted a response from me (which you did, may as well name your self "PLEASE RESPOND") you should have PM'd me.

This is also shows your extreme ignorance. me being a PC only gamer. Which in turn, makes my statement correct -- they not only wanted PC gamers to wait an extra month, but a weekend after PS4 had it's release. Ergo, they must truly want me to not purchase their game.

airborneguy
11-16-2013, 07:23 PM
How come some players are already playing the PC version now? I saw it on youTube. Quit confusing.

razmat2012
11-16-2013, 07:35 PM
yea i was just thinking. most people work or are in school. why release a game on a tuesday? when a friday would be a lot better for gamers as they could play through the weekend.

Voyager456
11-16-2013, 11:01 PM
How come some players are already playing the PC version now? I saw it on youTube. Quit confusing.

They got it through unofficial channels:rolleyes:

Dag_B
11-17-2013, 01:42 PM
Either that or it was shipped early. We have a thread here that someone already got his black chest edition. ^^

warp2125
11-17-2013, 02:39 PM
Lets hope some respect is shown to those who have shown loyalty to ubi for waiting for the official release.................... although I doubt it.

Mr_Shade
11-17-2013, 06:29 PM
Lets hope some respect is shown to those who have shown loyalty to ubi for waiting for the official release.................... although I doubt it.
What do you mean by that :)

Ubisoft will always support legal owners and help best they can to solve any problems ;)

The pirated version - which is very glitchy and some would say broken - won't - and I suggest not even watching any youtube channels with it on, since you maybe earning them money ;)

gamerexq
11-18-2013, 02:14 PM
Ubisoft will always support legal owners and help best they can to solve any problems ;)

Hopefully that's the case with this game. Do you know by any meanings when is Ubisoft going to send out codes for uplay version for those who preordered. I know it's on release date, but what's the release date for EU and what for USA?

AherasSTRG
11-18-2013, 03:09 PM
You are wrong. The corporate giants aka Microsoft & Sony have full control over the industry. They want the PC to die off.
They have ...what? They want ...what? PC gaming will be the last one to die for 3 main reasons:
1. Nvidia
2. Intel
3. AMD
These 3 companies manage such a great amount of money each DAY, Microsoft Games and Sony Entertainement would only DREAM about investing in their petty console projects every FIVE YEARS. In fact, Intel produces dozens of monocrystalic silicon columns worth 2 million dollars every day, which are later used in the creation of acceleration graphics chips, while Nvidia invests more than 1.5 BILLION dollars EACH YEAR in research and developement of graphics cards and more than 800 million dollars in optimisation and developement of graphical computer software. That equals more than 10 BILLION dollars over the course of a console's lifetime and is in fact higher than the value of the whole Sony Entertainement department, counting solely the investments!
It takes only 1% of Nvidia's wealth to pay off Greece's debt 10 times over and only the .3% of Intel's to do the same.
In the eyes of Nvidia, Intel, AMD and other hardware manufacturing companies, Microsoft Games and Sony Entertainement are not giants, they are dwarves fighting with marketing tricks.
These are the companies which support both Sony and Microsoft in their console projects. They are the ones that give them the tech and the ones that are occupied with the design of the architecture. The amount of progress Sony and Microsoft make in the game industry is limited by how much progress Hardware Manufacturing companies allow them to make. It is important to say that Nvidia refused Sony's offer on the PS4 because "the money was not enough". It was AMD the one who actually controlled the evolution of the gaming industry, since it was their tech that lies both in the PS4 and the XboxOne.
Call it PC or Steam Machine or whatever, the last gaming format that will die will be the one that bares the seal of hardware manufacturing companies.

Mr_Shade
11-18-2013, 03:12 PM
Hopefully that's the case with this game. Do you know by any meanings when is Ubisoft going to send out codes for uplay version for those who preordered. I know it's on release date, but what's the release date for EU and what for USA?
Release date varies between the 19th and the 22nd - depending on where you live.

due to many being confused when I post a date, I refer you to your retailer or the Uplay site, which will have the date for your region - www.uplay.com - check the store.

emails and download links will be sent out at some point on the release date for your country - it's normally about mid morning for us and afternoon for EU

AherasSTRG
11-18-2013, 03:19 PM
Release date varies between the 19th and the 22nd - depending on where you live.

due to many being confused when I post a date, I refer you to your retailer or the Uplay site, which will have the date for your region - www.uplay.com - check the store.

emails and download links will be sent out at some point on the release date for your country - it's normally about mid morning for us and afternoon for EU
Not that helpful. I live in Greece and when I click the link I am directed to the Uplay main page. If I click on "Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag" under the "Most Popular" section, I am directed to the Uplay page for the game, which says: Release Date: "October 29th".

gamerexq
11-18-2013, 04:06 PM

It says it's available 29th October for me? Is that correct? I live in EU.

Mr_Shade
11-18-2013, 04:16 PM
As I posted - the release date may vary depending on your country - for the majority of the EU it's the 21/22 for retail release in store.

Some regions may differer - so I can only refer you to the official release date for your region, via the site you ordered on, or please check your order confirmation emails.

If they say a certain date - and you want to double check, please contact the store support directly.

helmert7
11-21-2013, 05:04 PM
I have the GAME :))))))))

Mustylon
11-21-2013, 05:55 PM
i'm still waiting for an answer of the support section..
I've got the game sitting ready for download but it's a Russian version..
I live in Belgium ffs, this realy confuses me :( :(

bullyboy009
11-21-2013, 07:21 PM
I downloaded last night the deluxe version from uplay,store I live in the uk,took about 15 hours to download,surprised cos I thought it was out on the 22 nov for uk,