PDA

View Full Version : Edwards relation with Assassins + Assassins Outfit? (possible small spoilers)

CoachAssassin
10-15-2013, 05:26 PM
So after watching the story trailer and the other trailers again, I have the feeling that Edwards costume (the one he usually wears) is not his assassins outfit, but that the other one actually is (the blueish one). I also kind of think that the whole reason for Edward not being an assassin for most of the game has to do with this (spoiler alert!!):

So assuming this game takes a decent timespan into consideration it might not be weird to expect Blackbeard dying in the middle of it, possibly at the end of a hidden blade. Considering Hornigold is a templar... Would this be the reason Edward does not 100% trust the assassins?

Let me know what you guys think of it and how you guys think he meets the assassins etc. I'm really curious and so happy that the game will be here in 2 weeks!

johnrimmer1998
10-15-2013, 05:32 PM
I thought that the blue outfit is his assassin outfit but he is just wearing a cape and leather armor over the top of it for protection.

Stealth Gamer92
10-15-2013, 05:35 PM
Hmm. Black Beard udercover templar trying to gain Edward's trust get's stopped by an Assassin to only lead Edward further toward the Templar side. Only to learn later the Templar are actualy not who he thought they were so he switches to Assassin's side. I really don't like conspiracy theory stories like this myself.

CoachAssassin
10-15-2013, 06:09 PM
Not saying Blackbeard is undercover at all. I'm just saying that he is a good friend of Hornigold so it would seem rather possible that he is a templar.

Farlander1991
10-15-2013, 06:12 PM
We know that Edward's outfit is the modified blue one that he found (based on leaked screenshots and the Sequence 2 recap seen in one playthrough). And if you look closely you'll see that his outfit is indeed the blue one, with stuff like sleeves removed, for example.

Stealth Gamer92
10-15-2013, 06:15 PM
Not saying Blackbeard is undercover at all. I'm just saying that he is a good friend of Hornigold so it would seem rather possible that he is a templar.

I was just saying I don't like conspiracy theories. In fact with the Assassin vs. Templar plot I was suprised I enjoyed AC at all. It is all thanks to the well writen story open world and all around good jobs Ubi does that I am able to enjoy the conspiracy in AC though.

Hans684
10-15-2013, 07:59 PM
So after watching the story trailer and the other trailers again, I have the feeling that Edwards costume (the one he usually wears) is not his assassins outfit, but that the other one actually is (the blueish one). I also kind of think that the whole reason for Edward not being an assassin for most of the game has to do with this (spoiler alert!!):

So assuming this game takes a decent timespan into consideration it might not be weird to expect Blackbeard dying in the middle of it, possibly at the end of a hidden blade. Considering Hornigold is a templar... Would this be the reason Edward does not 100% trust the assassins?

Let me know what you guys think of it and how you guys think he meets the assassins etc. I'm really curious and so happy that the game will be here in 2 weeks!

Let's analyze that.

1. The buish assassin outfit is the same as the one with leather armor, it's just been upgraded.

2. No it's not why he is not an assassin, he only want theire tools and skills to make it more eary for him to gett ritch and does not care about the creed at all.

3. Blackbeard killed by the assassins does not make much sence. Why? Historiclly he was killed by some privateer/pirate hunter(don't know the name) and the privateers/pirate hunters has a bigger connection with Templars becouse being a privateer/pirate hunter gives you more power/controll(Templars). As a note the story trailer said the founders(or whatever it is called) of the pirate city Nassou(bad Eanglish): Blackbeard, Horigold and one more are treatend with being hanged by Woodes Rogers(Templar) something that points that the Templars turned Horigold and that he is not a Templar at the begging of of the game. Blackbeard also tryed to kill as little people as possible by using the power of fear to make tham surrender before the fight even began.

Stealth Gamer92
10-15-2013, 08:07 PM
I thought he ran his ship aground and left his crew for dead as a get out of jail free deal?

HiddenKiller612
10-16-2013, 08:05 AM
Black Beard was pardoned by a governor just before his death...he then became a legit privateer again... only to be hunted down in his own cove... He fought quite bravely and it took many wounds to bring him down. The final blow took his head off.