PDA

View Full Version : After hearing alot of peoples say it, I say "why not?"

Stealth Gamer92
10-15-2013, 02:51 PM
Read the whole post before commenting please, it may not be what you assume. I did not know where to post this, but since ACIV inspire the concept I'll post it here

I have heard a statement used so many times for ACIV, that at first I didn't care about, that seems to sumarize the game to a degree. It is "Black Flag is not AC. It is some developers atempt to act on a dream of makeing a pirate game." I say though if it does turn out to be a good pirate game, regardles of the AC aspect of it, why not try to make a franchise out of it. Not an AC pirate franchise, but a completely new tittle to add to Ubi's lineup.

Thoughts?

EllJim
10-15-2013, 02:59 PM
love it but I am biased one I love the age of sail in general two i loved Sid Meier's classic back in the day had a fleet of hundreds.

Stealth Gamer92
10-15-2013, 03:01 PM
love it but I am biased one I love the age of sail in general

Me too.

pacmanate
10-15-2013, 03:20 PM
Personally I wouldn't buy a ship focused game with no land. I assume you are talking about a pure naval game, in which case I would not buy. It would bore me to death being stuck on a ship, spinning around and firing stuff.

AC4 is doing this perfect, allowing you to go off the wheel, allowing you to board, allowing you to get off freely. It would end up like AC3's Naval, being stuck on the ship and not really doing much.

Stealth Gamer92
10-15-2013, 03:25 PM
Personally I wouldn't buy a ship focused game with no land. I assume you are talking about a pure naval game, in which case I would not buy. It would bore me to death being stuck on a ship, spinning around and firing stuff.

AC4 is doing this perfect, allowing you to go off the wheel, allowing you to board, allowing you to get off freely. It would end up like AC3's Naval, being stuck on the ship and not really doing much.

No, pure naval would not be good to me either. I was talking a ACIV like game, just cut out the Assassin's and Templar's. Make a new plot maybe an RPG style build to it. Be a pirate on sea as well as land would work best.

pacmanate
10-15-2013, 03:27 PM
No, pure naval would not be good to me either. I was talking a ACIV like game, just cut out the Assassin's and Templar's. Make a new plot maybe an RPG style build to it. Be a pirate on sea as well as land would work best.

Oh I see, well.. no comment :p I want to see exactly what you are talking about :p

Stealth Gamer92
10-15-2013, 03:31 PM
Oh I see, well.. no comment :p I want to see exactly what you are talking about :p

RPG in the character being customizable, like ME. It would have gameplay such as ACIV seems to, island exploration and smugllers dens like ACIV has been showing.

GreySkellig
10-15-2013, 03:46 PM
This is why I'm really surprised they made Adewale into an assassin for the DLC...otherwise it would have been a spinoff opportunity.

Stealth Gamer92
10-15-2013, 03:48 PM
This is why I'm really surprised they made Adewale into an assassin for the DLC...otherwise it would have been a spinoff opportunity.

That is awesome! That never even crossed my mind.

Jexx21
10-15-2013, 04:02 PM
No... I think one amazing pirate game is enough.

Stealth Gamer92
10-15-2013, 04:13 PM
No... I think one amazing pirate game is enough.

I only ask due to the fact that Ubi is well on the way to makeing the first ever enjoyable and well thought out true pirate experience in gameing history. Just why exactly is one enough? What about 2 to 4 years from now when there is a chance to make a better one? I think Ubi could get the advantage of a market that has been dreaming of a game like this.

Jexx21
10-15-2013, 04:19 PM
Well, mostly because they would have to directly take the mechanics of AC4, in which case it may as well be an Assassin's Creed game as well, the other reason being, if they continue to include naval as a large aspect in other games, where it is apt for the situation (Maybe something is Singapore or Greece), they could still include the piracy aspect, except you're more like a privateer, taking Templar ships.

Stealth Gamer92
10-15-2013, 04:28 PM
I see, but the only AC aspects that should be taken is the naval. Not in its entirety but it is a good system. Why not adapt it?

Jexx21
10-15-2013, 04:35 PM
Nope, the combat would have to come with it because that's going to be a part of what makes Black Flag good.

They have their hands full anyway, with Far Cry, Assassin's Creed, Watch_Dogs, Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, and their abundance of other titles.

Sushiglutton
10-15-2013, 05:38 PM
It is "Black Flag is not AC. It is some developers atempt to act on a dream of makeing a pirate game."

People who say that are clueless. From the footage shown (the 50 min today for example) it's clear AC4 plays exactly like an AC game.

Stealth Gamer92
10-15-2013, 05:45 PM
I know. That statement just got me thinking about how not since Pirates The Legend of Black Kat have I played a decent pirate game. ACIV not only is the first one since then(2002 iirc) but its looking to be the best pirate game ever. With the crew the land missions and naval all working so well. I'm not even takeing graphics into consideration due to the age of the older game.

Stealth Gamer92
10-15-2013, 06:04 PM
i do think they should make their own pirate game franchise. but i always wondered this. since ac has now spent so much time with water and boats, will every ac game revolve around that idea of open seas and boats? it would be weird to just ditch the water and boat idea for the next game since they spent 2 years developing it. thoughts?

Verry interesting. As far as the sea can't be ditched, after playing Bloodlines then AC2 I was a lttle woried when I was reading AC3 had naval gameplay. Seeing it I was thinking "this doesn't belong." Don't get me wron I was thinking I would enjoy it. Seeing Black Flag in action here I see a good game to either make a spinoff folowing the time period or a new franchise(or even 3 or 4 game mini-series). Like Halo 3 did Halo 3:ODST to tell the story of what happened back on earth after Master Chief left in Halo 2.

HiddenKiller612
10-16-2013, 08:35 AM
Ubisoft like to show off the new features of the AC games... Since the pirate aspect is very new... They like to showcase it... Thus people go on and on about this being "Pirates Creed" instead of Assassin's Creed. They see the game on the most basic level.... anything to hate on the game. No, I don't think this will turn into a franchise and it shouldn't. I don't expect the next game to have piracy in it... and if it does it won't be the focus... I think it'd play more like the naval missions of AC3 only with better mechanics.

Flutterwhat
10-16-2013, 08:41 AM
I would say "go for it ubisoft," but at the same time, if it's an offshoot of Assassin's Creed, they'd need to limit costomization because of the historical aspect of the games. And besides, they're actually doing something similar to your idea with Assassin's Creed Pirates for mobile devices. That seems to be all naval gameplay. (my dad loved watching the navel combat in AC3, and im sure he'll love AC:P on his iphone)