PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT!!! Pleas, answer...

XyZspineZyX
07-19-2003, 02:18 PM
Well, hay every one. I wish all the best!
I want to say something about this game. This game (f-sim) is very good, absolutely The Best. But there are some bad things.
1. If you kill some planes but your planes fall first this isn't kill!!! Way? For example I will ram some bomber and after that I'll jump out. The bomber will fall and this is kill! But maybe my plane will fall first and den this is not score!
2. I shot down some plane and this plane belly landed but didn't explode. Way this isn't kill to? I shot him down!
3. Hurricane MkI (1938) have eight guns 0.303 caliber, same guns have I-16 18 and 4 off them. This for guns are more deadly den eight from Hurricane MkI! This guns from Hurricane are almost useless.
Almost everything alls are excellent! I spend very much time playing this game. Bobi

XyZspineZyX
07-19-2003, 02:18 PM
Well, hay every one. I wish all the best!
I want to say something about this game. This game (f-sim) is very good, absolutely The Best. But there are some bad things.
1. If you kill some planes but your planes fall first this isn't kill!!! Way? For example I will ram some bomber and after that I'll jump out. The bomber will fall and this is kill! But maybe my plane will fall first and den this is not score!
2. I shot down some plane and this plane belly landed but didn't explode. Way this isn't kill to? I shot him down!
3. Hurricane MkI (1938) have eight guns 0.303 caliber, same guns have I-16 18 and 4 off them. This for guns are more deadly den eight from Hurricane MkI! This guns from Hurricane are almost useless.
Almost everything alls are excellent! I spend very much time playing this game. Bobi

XyZspineZyX
07-19-2003, 02:28 PM
You've got some good questions, I'll try to answer.

1. DO you mean that you crash first and your kill crashes after you? I think it has got to do with that dead pilots don't get kills or, dead or capture pilots cannot claim kills.

2. This can be really annoying. In the German fighter campaign, you'll have the BF109F2 to fly at some point. This plane has quite weak guns, its nose cannon is only 15mm. I had to shoot down some Il-2's who where attacking my airfield. I knew my cannon wouldn't do much harm with the Il-2's so, I decided to cripple them by taking out their radiators. I got all four of them, leaking oil and three of the four belly-landed. I got one kill, with a great deal of help from the AAA. This is an issue since the first days of Il-2.

3. It meight be the ammo both planes used? I haven't observed much difference in effectiveness, MG's suck /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif Perhaps it is because the guns of the I-16 are closer to each other then in the Hurricane? so, convergence distance doesn't matter alot.

1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye
shall be judged: and with what
measure ye mete, it shall be
measured to you again.

http://acompletewasteofspace.com/forum/templates/subSilver/images/logo_phpBB.gif (http://acompletewasteofspace.com/forum/index.php/)

XyZspineZyX
07-19-2003, 04:21 PM
got the answer in my head but cant be botherd to type it out /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

http://www.world-data-systems.com/aerofiles/albums/userpics/hurricane_01sm~0.JPG

XyZspineZyX
07-19-2003, 04:26 PM
Hmm, try an aircraft with the .50, I've heard it should be able to take out Tigers /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

XyZspineZyX
07-20-2003, 08:13 PM
1. I don't know. Why were you ramming a bomber? Taran or clumsiness (I accidentally ram them a lot)? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

2. Just like real pilots, AI pilots can ditch safely. You should have gone back and strafed his plane on the ground and finished him.

3. The Russian guns were the best of WWII (and may still be, I'd take an AK over an M-16 any day, in fact the 101st Airborne took old 7.62mm M-14s to Iraq instead of the M-16 or M-4 carbine because the latter 5.56mm weren't a match for the AK in the desert).

The M2 Aircraft Browning .30 cals in the Hurri had a cyclic rate (the number of rounds that would be fired asumming you held the trigger down and had unlimited ammunition) of about 1,000 rounds per minute. (The infantry version, M1919, was about 500 rpm).

The Russian .30s had a cyclic rate of 1,800 rounds per minute.

If they each hit their target for one second, the Russian guns would put about almost twice the number of bullets into the plane as the Browning.The Russian gun does a lot more damage in the same amount of time. That's what makes the .30s on the Rata and the Chaika so much more effective than those on the Hurri.

Old Army saying: "When the going gets tough, the tough go cyclic." /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

As to the .50s. I disagree. They are really lame in FB. The 8x.50 in the Jug are pathetic. You obviously have never fired a real .50 or even seen one fired /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif The Barrett .50 sniper rifle the US Army is using now literally tore Iraqis apart at long ranges. We did the same in Vietnam by mounting a scope on a standard M-2 HB .50machine gun and firing one round at a time.

ttt

tttiger

"I want the one that kills the best with the least amount of risk to me."

-- Chuck Yeager describing "The Best Airplane."

Message Edited on 07/20/03 09:15AM by tttiger

Message Edited on 07/20/03 09:16AM by tttiger

Message Edited on 07/20/0309:27AM by tttiger