PDA

View Full Version : Quit since seasons 2... want to come back, whats new/exciting?

aarange
10-14-2013, 03:40 PM
Haven't play this since season 2, and i see many new changes, can some one awesome direct me to a new guide or interesting info's/tips since season 2? THANKS in advance :)

zamz
10-14-2013, 05:02 PM
Go and win in lottery otherwise u are screwed. This is not the game u played before, it's only pay to win game anymore...

AndreanDW
10-14-2013, 05:32 PM
what is new? You can buy with real money everything what you want (except knowledge) - gold, ressources, artefacts, troops, heroes that don't loose army

MartyAmodeo
10-14-2013, 07:04 PM
The most playable version of the game right now are the PVE worlds. Basically you team up with players and fight a dark elf menace which continually attacks your cities, while trying to hold control of dwarf fortresses (which the dark elves also attack). This is the only version of the game where you can be assured that your enemy has spent just as much money to play the game as you have. (C) 2013 Powercleric

filipd81
10-15-2013, 06:16 AM
The most playable version of the game right now are the PVE worlds. Basically you team up with players and fight a dark elf menace which continually attacks your cities, while trying to hold control of dwarf fortresses (which the dark elves also attack). This is the only version of the game where you can be assured that your enemy has spent just as much money to play the game as you have. (C) 2013 Powercleric

Absolutely true. Unfortunately many will agree that the game becomes really boring after a while because the dark elves are more annoying than a menace. If you go for this I advise you to make a one man alliance or a small alliance of few players, you will have more rifts (the bases of the dark elves who attack) and more fortresses to protect. You will find it certainly more challenging than being part of a big alliance.

aarange
11-22-2013, 07:18 PM
i don't mind spending 10-20$ per months.. will that be enough or it's better not come back and move on?

ramborusina
11-22-2013, 10:39 PM
That's easily enough. The biggest things you might wanna get to be competitive are subscription(so monthly price) and 1-3 legendary skills total. If you wanna spend more, I guess some good items incase you won't get from NPC, but I think that few legendary skills will even the playing field immensily by themselves.

LordBadFish
11-23-2013, 02:44 AM
i don't mind spending 10-20$ per months.. will that be enough or it's better not come back and move on?

More than enough. As rambo said, you really don't need a lot more than the subscription itself to be competitive. The perpetual outcry about Seals on this Forum has nothing to do with the actual game. It's simply that most players don't use the Forum, so you just have the same 5-6 people whining over the same exact thing in every thread. And after all, blaming Seals whenever you lose a fight or a game will always be easier than admitting you made a stupid mistake or that your individual and/or team strategy was horrible.

Obviously, a Legendary skill will be better than a regular one in most cases. But do you need them on all your heroes to be competitive? Not at all. Personally, I use them only on heroes that get involved in serious PvP fighting. The rest is just goodies. Yes, Legendary Spy, Muse, Lord of the Silver Cities, etc. all give very nice perks, but they don't allow you to do anything you can't already do with regular skills. Don't get me wrong, they're far from useless (they're called "Legendary" for a reason), but the bonus they give won't turn the tide of a game all by itself. In PvP fights, that's a different story, but as long as you have 1 good attacker and 1 good defender, you're pretty much set. And many of the most powerful items are actually amongst the cheapest in Seals (Reassignment, for instance). I can't say much about Legendary Heroes, as I have never seen any being used, even after playing quite a few servers.

At the end of the day, the single most overpowered thing in this game is and will always be Teamplay, and you can't buy that with Seals. And pulling out a real team strategy can be much harder than swiping a credit card. Yes, a guy spending zillions of Seals will be very hard to beat 1v1, there's no question about it. But can he win the game alone? Never. And most of the time, all you need to do is hit him really hard just once, and chances are he will turn gray 2 weeks later. Anyone who played on Zombie Assembly will remember a certain Russian guy... He spent Seals like crazy to get way ahead of everyone and remain on top for a few months (not to mention his obvious multi-accounting, but that's another story). He rushed every single easy Grail when the Tournament started, and countless times we heard "OMG game is over, he wins"... Well, all it took was one real battle turning out veeeeery bad for him, and hop, nobody ever heard of the Comrade again.

MartyAmodeo
11-23-2013, 09:37 AM
More than enough. As rambo said, you really don't need a lot more than the subscription itself to be competitive. The perpetual outcry about Seals on this Forum has nothing to do with the actual game. It's simply that most players don't use the Forum, so you just have the same 5-6 people whining over the same exact thing in every thread. And after all, blaming Seals whenever you lose a fight or a game will always be easier than admitting you made a stupid mistake or that your individual and/or team strategy was horrible.

This individual is emblematic of the change in player demographic of this game since season 2. There are more who believe what he believes than don't, so the "5 or 6" of us left who don't feel that endless escalation of power through money is a necessary part of this game sound like irrelevant dinosaurs. Just know that whatever your budget may be, someone else in the game world has a higher one. And every dollar they spend requires that much more skill and effort on your part to counter without money. Also there is a limit to how much you can attain with skill in the game. Not so with money.

And before anyone starts stuffing words in my mouth, slinging insults, attaching generalizations, and otherwise misrepresenting me, here's what I did NOT say:
* People who spend money have no skill.
* People who spend money are guaranteed to win.
* I'm incapable of beating someone who spends money, so I'm against it.

The bottom line is, in season 1 and season 2, we had a really fun game that cost somewhere between $5 and $7 per month to play to the fullest. Where are we now? Is the game 4x more fun than it was?

When I saw what was happening in season 3, I dropped my subscription and never looked back. If that means that players like the previous poster and his ilk can overpower me in PVP, so be it. They paid for the privilege to do so. A non-subscriber can still be extremely effective in PVE without spending a red cent. And if you play it right, it still requires a lot of planning and teamwork.

I've got 1238 legacy points exiting season 3, and 1538 so far exiting season 4. I've proven that I can play with the big dogs and beat them. I simply don't find the game as compelling anymore as I used to, and certainly not worth devoting a varying amount of funds depending on what my enemy's pain point is as far as budget. If I'm going to play a game where I can use money as a weapon, I'd rather just play Poker (which at least has a rate of return based on skill).

LordBadFish
11-24-2013, 05:08 AM
This individual is emblematic of the change in player demographic of this game since season 2.

I know you're impermeable to facts, but this individual has been playing since Season 1, by the way.

MartyAmodeo
11-24-2013, 08:43 AM
I know you're impermeable to facts, but this individual has been playing since Season 1, by the way.

Then allow me to correct every misstatement I've made in that posting that was based on a false assumption...

That should about do it.

Seriously... find one.

jdoctor38
11-24-2013, 09:01 AM
I bought this via Steam.http://www.q10055.com/20.jpg

zamz
11-24-2013, 09:58 AM
I agree everything Marty said. Ofcourse it's us only 5-6 complaining anymore because everyone else quit, and we are speaking in behalf of lots of people. There used to be 50 or more comments back when seals 1st came, EVERYONE SINGLE ONE was saying "what a stupid add on for the game" then UBI just added MORE AND MORE. Then came legendary skills + heroes, again multiple comments saying how stupid they are, then came arti market, then forum went quiet and from that on only same people that stubbornly stuck with the game speak their mouth here, and as previously it goes unheard :)....You can check the old forums to confirm this...

And yes you can beat any legendary with good team work, but who has time when you need to attack every siege with well coordinated attacks within 1s, he barely loses nothing and comes back. Not to mention he has 10 more of those comrades just waiting until the one fall they just send few more. Not my type of game, I want to attack sieges with 50/50 chance to beat, not with 90% loss chance...No one who knows how to play buys multiple skills, since usually they are just idiots that can't win without them and only attack people without skills....

This is a damn computer game. Spending lots of money on it, even if you have it, well it's just s.....

aarange
11-24-2013, 06:20 PM
Thank you all for all the replies... I do not have time at the moment to scroll through the forum yet, but did they made tremendous changes in the past 2 season? back when i was in season 2, barrage/battle spoil was awesome.. should i play season 4 same mindsets as season 2? what are the huge changes and advantages i should follow? thanks in advance

aarange
11-24-2013, 07:08 PM
currently, there's a 26percent off of the legendary career, should i stock those up or will there be better deal in the future.. currently i just fresh started the game, don't need it atm.

dre.maa
11-25-2013, 04:50 AM
currently, there's a 26percent off of the legendary career, should i stock those up or will there be better deal in the future.. currently i just fresh started the game, don't need it atm.

Things go on sale all of the time. If you have the seals already purchased, then buy them. If you don't have the seals, then save your money. It is fairly easy to earn seals (I haven't paid ever, including subscription, and I have managed to collect about 8500-9000 seals in a little over a year). If you subscribe, you can even join worlds (especially PvE) purely to "farm" seals.

Thank you all for all the replies... I do not have time at the moment to scroll through the forum yet, but did they made tremendous changes in the past 2 season? back when i was in season 2, barrage/battle spoil was awesome.. should i play season 4 same mindsets as season 2? what are the huge changes and advantages i should follow? thanks in advance

They seemed to have reduced many of the legacy bonuses from previous seasons that were common and tried to increase some of the less commonly used ones. You can read what each one does easily enough in the creation page. Some of the legendary skills are huge changes, as they combine with one another. So if you take light magic, and the two legendary skills you can boost your light magic spells by 78% (30% from each legendary and 18% from light magic). You can also buy artifacts, and I am not sure if there were "artifact sets" in season 2, but they essentially add legacy abilities to non-legacy heroes. There are also vestiges, where you fight an army and can collect a reward upon defeating each level. The rewards become better the deeper you go. You can continue in the vestige either via in-game resources (wood and ore) or via real-world resources ($$->seals->enchanted beams). I believe there is a limit on how many you can build in a PvP world (but you can "buy" extra ones in a PvE world) of about 1 per 2 days? At higher levels you can fight with your troops to defeat armies like in the portal (max 50k per stack and max 100k on hero) and eventually you can get upwards of 400k in T5-T7 troops. It is semi-accurate on the wiki page.

Also, you will likely not be able to browse through the forums, as these forums only contain about the last ~6 months since they swapped forums. Since swapping, there are only about the same 5-10 poeple in here and most are anti-seals (including myself, and I am also the only "anti-Legacy" person). If I remember correctly, something like 70% of the actual player base liked the seal store when it was polled (only 30% was against it)-I don't remember the post as it was on the old forums where you can't search. Even on the strategic worlds, something like 1/3 of the people didn't want things taken out and less than half wanted anything one thing taken out at all.

For the objects to remove from the store, the top four replies were:
- Destruction: 43%
- Transmutation: 36%
- Unchain: 36%
- No changes: 33%
The other replies had lower percentages.

As for items to add to the store, there was no real consensus, and most of you said you would prefer things to remain as they are.

At the end of the day, it is a game. If you want to spend $ on it, then do it. If you don't want to spend money, then don't. You can compete at a very high level without spending any money. The key is to get into a good alliance of people who play as a team and at least subscribe. It really doesn't matter how much you spend as an individual, as long as your team plays well together. As a team, you need to have a grail garden to compete in the end game. This takes seals to either use transmutation (to switch the mines in the square) or the move city spell. With the new ruins system (when you build a grail 4 ruins spawn about 7-8 squares from your city) it is fairly easy to launch an assult. You only need to keep up on maintenance for about 48 hours (at most), and you hero is usually back in your city win or lose within 72 hours-usually less. You spend 1 day in the portal, and you are supposed to halt once on the way to attacking the grail (though if you stack legendary skills and alliance abilities this was possible to bypass, though it may have been fixed). Once you hit the town, you go back to the portal, and immediately pop back out in your alliance (no waiting on the way back). This means that you need to have a core of players to try and fend off these large assaults.

As far as other things, I like the mmhk-plus add-on found at http://mmhk-plus.eu/wordpress/

Good luck!