PDA

View Full Version : crowd disperse suggestion/ improvement/ idea/ discussion

Lowly Assassin
10-14-2013, 12:49 PM
Anyone that has played an AC game, has probably realised that when you perform a kill that is NOT incognito/ stealthy; the crowd (AI) become hysterical and disperse and all the blend groups become disbanded.
In multiplayer> wolfpack, this only happens when you perform a sync kill
In Story mode> single player it happens a lot with reckless kills or discreet Kills,
And I would love to see it happen more in the general multiplayer modes, so when somebody runs in and gets a low profile kill, currently all the crowd seem to not notice and the player that performed the kill can simply hide right where they performed the kill and the AI seem to not notice at all,
I feel if the crowd dispersed as they do in single player, it would offer a much larger incentive for players to try and perform low profile kills, and it would make the game a lot more interesting,
Although I don't know how this would work with players killing civilians, as that could possibly ruin a manhunt hiding tactic, so in order to maintain the integrity of the manhunt hiding section, I could see how it would be best if the killing a civilian in high profile does NOT cause a crowd dispersal,

What are any bodies thoughts on this matter?
Also I could not find a suggestions thread for multiplayer

pyropilot21
10-14-2013, 04:49 PM
Think about this. P1 is being pursued by P2. He is blending in an area. Unbeknownst to him, P3 is also blending in close proximity. P4 comes rushing in and gets a reckless kill on P3, just as P2 enters the area. Per your suggestion, the crowd gets scared and is dispersed. P1 is now revealed to his pursuer, and P2 gets a kill on P1, without having worked at all on finding his target among the crowd. This mechanic would be especially troublesome in modes like Deathmatch and Manhunt.

Lowly Assassin
10-14-2013, 06:22 PM
Thank you for replying and adding your thoughts to this idea

I would like to suggest, if it is OK by you, that in the scenario you suggest, p1 is also now aware of p2
And the results would be the same if p4 used moneybomb,firecrackers,wipe morph or triggered a mass morph or silent mass morph, so assuming the Max range was the same as seen in a sync kill in wolfpack, that is the same radius that mass morph or silent mass morph affects, which means at worst this suggestion has the equal effect to those abilities or streaks, and is that something you run into alot whilst playing those game modes?
As I cannot recall an incident it has happened to me, although I am fully aware that it "could" happen

AvK KiNgKoBrA
10-15-2013, 02:53 PM
I thought they had already decided to include this in AC4?

Lowly Assassin
10-15-2013, 10:08 PM
I thought they had already decided to include this in AC4?

its not in gasme lab and i have not seen it in any of the youtbe videos of pistolier or frantic and seeingas it is not in game labs, that means you cannot disable it so it would be ON in those modes and it is not