PDA

View Full Version : Kick players out of the game option.

Hot_Isaac
10-14-2013, 12:44 AM
I think UBI should implement this "kick a player out option" for multiplayer games.

Like in a match, if some guy is just running around like a maniac, roofing and killing other players and their target for just 100 points, ruining the game, and fun.

There should be an option to kick that player out with voting system. Like some guy marked that runner to be kicked out, other players should mark him too, can't be kicked with just 1 vote.

It will realy incourage all roofers, runners to play a fair game, instead of just running around, as they know they'll get kicked out and in the process that runner guy will start to get kicked out as soon as he/she joins a game, as his username will be very famous among all players.

ShadowSolaris7
10-14-2013, 12:53 AM
I will just say won't happen.

Hot_Isaac
10-14-2013, 01:01 AM
Hopefully, if they see this thread. It is goin to help the game, players and agony we go through when we have to chase a target all over the map, loose time.

Tha Fazz
10-14-2013, 01:17 AM
Hopefully, if they see this thread.
HA!

MRsmith1994
10-14-2013, 03:10 AM
Yea i wont say no to this buuut i will say this [edit] NO

nmdogdude
10-14-2013, 03:53 AM
What if you need to run to escape your pursuer? Getting a 100 point reckless kill for variety? What if you have a whole team of runners "point-starving" the other team to win?
While this would encourage stealth playstyles, there are multiple playstyles that are successful, not just stealth. :)

woodbok
10-14-2013, 08:14 AM
Its a stupid idea, and will never happen.

Anykeyer
10-14-2013, 08:28 AM
DUMBEST idea ever. Kick option will be abused to remove leading players from sessions.

Hot_Isaac
10-14-2013, 08:39 AM
I'm not talking about any team mode matches, or assasinate, just for wanted? If possible.

+ You can't kick a player out of a match when match is under progress. Can only kick a player out when match is done. I would not kick a session leader, whoever does that is a coward.

one time reckless kill is acceptable. I was talking about running all the time, roofing.

Anykeyer
10-14-2013, 08:49 AM
There are roofs and there is a run button.
Tell me why those things are here if using them is enough to kick someone?
And kicking only between sessions wont stop abusers. Usually 1 or 2 players dominate lobby over and over. If you wont abuse it does not mean others wont. After all this game is mostly played by small kids, if there is an exploit it will be used.

ColdKill18
10-14-2013, 01:20 PM
This is a joke... right ???
Would be one of the worst things to happen to the MP !

lBamitsMichael
10-14-2013, 02:05 PM
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/leaving-now-grandpa-simpsons.gif

Hot_Isaac
10-14-2013, 02:18 PM
I don't think so, other multi games has it, and its nice to have, to kick some farking idiot out of the game. It pisses me off, when i had to play with runners and roofers, abusers.

Anykeyer
10-14-2013, 02:31 PM
Other MP games can have what they do.
There is no place for kick vote in competitive MP. But it can work in coop.
Example: StarCraft 2 does not have kick vote, Diablo 3 has. Same developer.

AvK KiNgKoBrA
10-14-2013, 03:07 PM
I agree wit this, I dont see how it would be abused if there were proper restrictions

Hot_Isaac
10-14-2013, 04:00 PM
Thank god someone agreed. All you guys not able to understand this simple rule.

If there are 8 players, all 7 players have to vote against that 1 player, then only he can be kicked out, if 1 of them did not vote, player will remain in the game.

It will really help kick runners, roofers out.

Dummbledoop
10-14-2013, 04:07 PM
It's a good idea on paper... But I truly despise the notion of forcing someone to play differently because they "Should." Rooftops and running are a part of the game, and so are ranged abilities, flanking, predicting their movements, etc. While runners can be annoying, I don't think they should be directly removed from the session for it.

And of course... The bottom line is that this would be used to kick out players who win consistently/are competitive. And believe me, there are plenty of times where it wouldn't be hard to get all 7 players to vote someone out for a flimsy reason.

Hot_Isaac
10-14-2013, 04:21 PM
Kick a guy who is always winning? A person with dignity would never do that. Instead learn from him, observe his play style, if u want to improve.

I for 1 will never vote against such player, and i'm sure there will be players in every match with some dignity.

lBamitsMichael
10-14-2013, 05:13 PM
Thank god someone agreed. All you guys not able to understand this simple rule.

If there are 8 players, all 7 players have to vote against that 1 player, then only he can be kicked out, if 1 of them did not vote, player will remain in the game.

It will really help kick runners, roofers out.

Wow.. Just wow.

In Manhunt, that would mean that the people on the other team would have to vote to kick their team mate, too.

Example: 8 player lobby, Manhunt. We're pursuers after our targets. 2 of the targets love to blend in and hide while the other 2 run around with animus shield and smoke bomb. The ones running are called Joe and Bob.
You vote to kick Joe, it appears on the screen so our teamates vote to kick, too. You then need to get the other 3 people on THE OTHER TEAM to vote to kick. Let's say Bob was his friend and he said no to the vote straight away, Joe's instantly saved.

Bad idea, period.

I don't see a way this can be put in, at all. The only kick system I see is getting kicked for inactivity.

Hot_Isaac
10-14-2013, 07:50 PM
I'm not talking about any team mode matches, or assasinate, just for wanted? If possible.

For god's sake go through every comments before you start your philosophy.

Posting images does not make you cool, you just made yourself look like a fool.

Ferrith
10-14-2013, 08:17 PM
It's a good idea on paper... But I truly despise the notion of forcing someone to play differently because they "Should." Rooftops and running are a part of the game, and so are ranged abilities, flanking, predicting their movements, etc. While runners can be annoying, I don't think they should be directly removed from the session for it.

And of course... The bottom line is that this would be used to kick out players who win consistently/are competitive. And believe me, there are plenty of times where it wouldn't be hard to get all 7 players to vote someone out for a flimsy reason.
Well said!

ColdKill18
10-14-2013, 08:45 PM

100% agree. =)

SixKeys
10-14-2013, 09:03 PM
Absolutely not. It would just lead to newbies never getting a chance to learn from more experienced players because as soon as soon as a level 5 entered a prestige lobby, he/she would be kicked for the crime of being a n00b.

AvK KiNgKoBrA
10-14-2013, 09:25 PM
If the Kick System from Left For Dead 2 was implimented in AC ii could see it working

Tha Fazz
10-14-2013, 10:28 PM
If the Kick System from Left For Dead 2 was implimented in AC ii could see it working

Apples and oranges. L4D2 is a co-op game where one guy can completely ruin the whole game for the rest of the team. In a multiplayer game, it's not right to kick someone for simply not playing the way you'd want them to.

my2012
10-15-2013, 04:02 AM
What if you're doing great in the match and then all of a sudden someone decided to kick you out of the match, how would that make you feel?

I had it happended to me before in other MP's and it kinda sucks because your doing good in the match, but a specific player doesn't like it so they decide to kick you out.

It is understandable to want to have it because there are people out there that would just harassed you in game and troll just to get a response.

One good example of that is Uncharted 3 MP. where one of your OWN 'teamate' purposely decides to throw a grenade at you and you end up dying from that. They do it twice and you can have the option of kicking them out.

phoenix-force411
10-15-2013, 06:02 AM
We need a Booster Kick Option, everyone else can stay!

lBamitsMichael
10-15-2013, 09:13 AM
For god's sake go through every comments before you start your philosophy.

Posting images does not make you cool, you just made yourself look like a fool.

I'm guessing that was aimed at me?

What's the point of only putting it in free for all? Why ONLY put it in wanted? How would that be fair to the other modes that need a kick system? I read your post but ignored it because it was stupid.

" Oh hey, let's put a kick system in free for all modes when it's really needed in team modes! Herrr duurrr "

" Oh hai, let's kick the person in 1st place so I can steal his victory! Herrr durrrr "

It should be like :

" Oh hey dere, let's kick our team mate that runs on the roof and doesn't help our stealthy team at all! Yaaaaaay! "

" Oh haaaai, our team mate is camping with the AA flag and wont take it to our base, let's kick him! Yaaaaaay! "

Hot_Isaac
10-15-2013, 02:00 PM
I'm guessing that was aimed at me?

What's the point of only putting it in free for all? Why ONLY put it in wanted? How would that be fair to the other modes that need a kick system? I read your post but ignored it because it was stupid.

" Oh hey, let's put a kick system in free for all modes when it's really needed in team modes! Herrr duurrr "

" Oh hai, let's kick the person in 1st place so I can steal his victory! Herrr durrrr "

It should be like :

" Oh hey dere, let's kick our team mate that runs on the roof and doesn't help our stealthy team at all! Yaaaaaay! "

" Oh haaaai, our team mate is camping with the AA flag and wont take it to our base, let's kick him! Yaaaaaay! "

Yes it was.

You sir is so ignorant. You just completely contradicted your last comment.

You said it won't work in team mode, that was your example to express your phillosophy. Ohh well w/e.

my2012: As i said again and again, just 1 player can't kick you out. All of them have to vote against you. And people with little dignity won't vote against you, just b'coz you are topping that match.

I'll give you an example: Yesterday i got this guy contract 4 times in a row, he was a runner. For no reason he was just running from roof to roof, he had 2 pursuers, 1 was me.

He'll just wait on rooftop, and as soon as he sees me, he jumps to another rooftop, and again and again. This guy wasted my 3-4 mins. Guys like him start a chain reaction.

I start running after him, so does my pursuer and his pursuer. I don't know about you guys, but i hate it, when someone does that to me. This is why i want an option to kick that player out, so that he'll learn a lesson.

AvK KiNgKoBrA
10-15-2013, 03:07 PM
For everyone against it why do u assume it'll be something like 'Im playing Deathmatch an AvK KingKobra joins, but ii dont like how he plays an always beats me, so I'll pause the go game, go to kick, an he'll be kicked from the game jus like that'.

I see it as ur playing Wanted an one person is idle so 6/8 ppl vote to kick him an he's kicked. Ur playing AA an a group joins an one is on ur team an decides to hold the artifact so everyone on your team votes to kick him(3/4) an he's kicked an removed from his friends group. Ur playing ASA an u have 1 player who's just running around OSBing an shooting everyone. U dont like that so u vote to kick him an only 3 other ppl vote to kick him so he gets to stay.

If a Kick System was implemented in the MP it could work an the game would be alot less frusturating, ii dont kno why yall act like its such a game-breaking idea :/

cyrax008
10-15-2013, 03:47 PM
Yes it was.

You said it won't work in team mode, that was your example to express your phillosophy. Ohh well w/e.

my2012: As i said again and again, just 1 player can't kick you out. All of them have to vote against you. And people with little dignity won't vote against you, just b'coz you are topping that match.

I'll give you an example: Yesterday i got this guy contract 4 times in a row, he was a runner. For no reason he was just running from roof to roof, he had 2 pursuers, 1 was me.

He'll just wait on rooftop, and as soon as he sees me, he jumps to another rooftop, and again and again. This guy wasted my 3-4 mins. Guys like him start a chain reaction.

I start running after him, so does my pursuer and his pursuer. I don't know about you guys, but i hate it, when someone does that to me. This is why i want an option to kick that player out, so that he'll learn a lesson.

Look!
Whether you like it or not, it is NOT going to happen...EVER

You can moan, spam and complain as much as you can, it's not going to happen. The devs are not going to implement your idea based on this topic alone. You're the only person or of maybe 2-3 people who have a problem with this.

Hot_Isaac
10-15-2013, 05:33 PM
I did not demand them to, it's just a suggestion. Its up to them to decide.

Look!
I can understand why u against it, b'coz you sir is one those runners, so yea ...... EVER.

I never moan, and i did not spam too. Yes i complained, as far i know, this forum is rightlfully for all users, and to register their complain. So stop your bossy attitude and let them decide.

I just registered my complain and suggested an option, that's where it all ends.

Ferrith
10-15-2013, 07:17 PM
@Desmond2192

You would see the flaw of your suggestion, if you were the first to be kicked out of a session for whatever reason. Then you might wake up and realise what it is this you actually propose.

Hot_Isaac
10-15-2013, 07:35 PM
Well i'm pretty sure i won't be.

Ferrith
10-16-2013, 01:25 AM
Well i'm pretty sure i won't be.

Only fools have certainties over situations they have yet to experience.

Hot_Isaac
10-16-2013, 07:53 AM
How about a confident man certainties? Only cowards are scared of changes, and situations they have yet to experiance.

cyrax008
10-17-2013, 01:10 PM
I did not demand them to, it's just a suggestion. Its up to them to decide.

Look!
I can understand why u against it, b'coz you sir is one those runners, so yea ...... EVER.

I never moan, and i did not spam too. Yes i complained, as far i know, this forum is rightlfully for all users, and to register their complain. So stop your bossy attitude and let them decide.

I just registered my complain and suggested an option, that's where it all ends.

I am not a runner at all, but thanks for the thought. ;)

SquirrelInDaSky
10-18-2013, 05:25 PM
It's funny that you chose Wanted to have votekick option. Compared to DM, maps are huge and constant walking is a waste of time.
Running is a great strategy. Lets you get to your target quicker (less time wasted=more points). Running also raises you survivability. Why should i give you a kill if i can just scurry away.
People get pissed when they get beaten by the same guy over and over, especially if he is using "dirty" tactics. Good players who are "running too much" are gonna get kicked constantly by slackers who don't wanna learn to catch their pray for more then 100 pts.

lBamitsMichael
10-19-2013, 12:37 PM
Yes it was.

I'm disagreeing with you but I'm also telling you the flaws in your suggestion. If that makes me ignorant then so be it.

A simple solution to your problem is to leave the game and find another one, you're obviously not happy with the match you're in.
Since your method requires 7 people to vote that 1 person out, it's very unlikely that the whole game will vote with you.

I used team modes as an example because I don't see it in free for all at all, if you read my last post you would realise I was replying to your " 7 players have to vote against 1 player " kick suggestion and how it wouldn't work in team modes.

For free for all modes with the majority vote kick system ( Similar to L4D ) kicking wouldn't be used the way it's supposed to and innocent people doing nothing but being in 1st place will get kicked out of jealousy.
That's gunna happen no matter what. It would be stupid to change it to " 7 vs 1 " because 7 people are never ever gunna vote 1 person out. The only kick system COULD be a majority vote, maybe you could add that to gamelab?

Mostly everyone disagrees with you.

No, vote to kick system is a bad idea for AC Multiplayer. /Thread

Moi-dix-Mois43
10-20-2013, 02:16 PM
Hahahahah really!? You honestly think this would ever happen? Grouped clan members would just use it to kick out anyone on the opposing team who was a decent player so they could squeeze another n00b into the match. Or they'd do it just to "screw with" people. BF3 (if you own your own server) has this option, and if you just so happen to kick the server owner's butt, he'll just kick you like a little b!tch because he can't accept the fact that someone's better than him. I hope this never happens :/

I Emerge I
10-20-2013, 03:12 PM
This feature existed in the game "Shadowrun" you could vote to kick any player you wanted even opposing players it was awful if someone was kicking *** people would vote to remove them and it would work it was awful.

metalgearso1971
10-20-2013, 04:52 PM
I think UBI should implement this "kick a player out option" for multiplayer games.

Like in a match, if some guy is just running around like a maniac, roofing and killing other players and their target for just 100 points, ruining the game, and fun.

There should be an option to kick that player out with voting system. Like some guy marked that runner to be kicked out, other players should mark him too, can't be kicked with just 1 vote.

It will realy incourage all roofers, runners to play a fair game, instead of just running around, as they know they'll get kicked out and in the process that runner guy will start to get kicked out as soon as he/she joins a game, as his username will be very famous among all players.

Agreed. At least give people the choice to control the type of players they have in their session. To avoid situations as the poster above mentioned I would only give the option to the player hosting a session though.

But knowing Ubi they probably won't consider adding this, since they are only worried about pleasing the general flock who only care for points.

Ferrith
10-20-2013, 06:37 PM
At least give people the choice to control the type of players they have in their session.
You seem to forget that they all have paid for the game and have the same, exact right, as you and I, to play the game with no screening of any sort.

lBamitsMichael
10-20-2013, 06:46 PM
Agreed. At least give people the choice to control the type of players they have in their session. .....I would only give the option to the player hosting a session though.

That's like saying you don't want any lower-class slaves in your sight because you're too good for the likes of them, then the person with the highest amount of money gets to throw them into a lake. The only difference between you both are your amount of money.

What gives you the right to choose what players can play with you? So what if they're bad or terrible at the game? You don't wanna play with that person because their favourite persona is the Maverick and they spend most of their time on the roof? Tough! Give them a chance to learn and progress and eventually they'll understand what they're doing wrong.... Unless they're under 12, most of them are.

Ferrith
10-20-2013, 06:53 PM
That was a very good simile, Michael!

lBamitsMichael
10-20-2013, 06:56 PM
That was a very good simile, Michael!

Aww, thank you! That's pretty much my opinion to the many people who think like that.

metalgearso1971
10-21-2013, 03:06 PM
That's like saying you don't want any lower-class slaves in your sight because you're too good for the likes of them, then the person with the highest amount of money gets to throw them into a lake. The only difference between you both are your amount of money.

What gives you the right to choose what players can play with you? So what if they're bad or terrible at the game? You don't wanna play with that person because their favourite persona is the Maverick and they spend most of their time on the roof? Tough! Give them a chance to learn and progress and eventually they'll understand what they're doing wrong.... Unless they're under 12, most of them are.

And what gives you the right to lecture me? What is your age? I wonder because you sound like a 12 year old brat.

Why I ask? You assume a lot of stuff mister. I don't believe I asked for your big head assumptions on how you think I should see things.

The fact is I think the poster I quoted has a valid point. But no, this is obviously totally against the will of the AC MP and forum gods residing here, because they decide what's best and always feel the need to talk down on people who haven't visited for a while or are new. Well, let me tell you from years of experience being an admin of sessions and servers, there is nothing wrong with giving the HOST of a session control over his session in a small way. Just because everyone has paid for a game and Ubi is too daft to release dedicated servers for games like this doesn't mean people may not ask for some form of control. God beware some guy can not stun-lock or be a ***** to others the entire session, because he feels he has the right to do so and other players actually wish he was gone. That's reality right there mister.

Also, I happen to think most people are mature enough not to abuse it because they want sessions to remain enjoyable. I KNOW I WOULD BE. I have hosted many sessions with every AC MP out there, and if I had a certain power I would not have abused it. I may not have liked how certain people played or how they beat me and others but to kick players out because of that? No. But still you assume I am like that, or wish to give people the right to abuse it. This mister comes from experience as an admin, and that's something totally different. I suggest you keep your comments about how I am supposed to view at things to yourself. Besides, you're assuming every AC MP player is a kid. Well, wake up call, a lot of them are not. So stop replying to me like I'm a 12 year old who needs lecturing. The fact is I feel there is a need for some form of control to keep sessions enjoyable for everyone, and I could care less how you think about that. The fact I am still replying here though is that you make assumptions that cut no wood.

Having that said, I think I am done talking to you. I'm not wasting my time on people assuming they know how I think or act, or feel the need to lecture me like I'm a 10 year old.

RudeOnion
10-21-2013, 03:52 PM

Wow. No; just, no.

Yeah, it sucks majorly dealing with roofers, runners and gunners. But as much as I ***** about them and their poor play-style, they still have the right to play that way if they want to. The game LETS them play that way. And to boot them out just for doing that akin to saying, "My way is the only way to play."

Suck it up, and leave the lobby if it's that bad. The only time people should ever be booted from a lobby (if there was a way to implement this) would be for using cheats on PC, or showing unsportsman-like behavior (screaming obscenities, etc).

RudeOnion
10-21-2013, 03:54 PM
Agreed. At least give people the choice to control the type of players they have in their session.

They do. It's called a private lobby, dear.

metalgearso1971
10-21-2013, 03:57 PM
Thank you for reminding me, dearest. But I already knew, and was actually referring to public sessions.

lBamitsMichael
10-21-2013, 05:38 PM
And what gives you the right to lecture me? What is your age? I wonder because you sound like a 12 year old brat.

Why I ask? You assume a lot of stuff mister. I don't believe I asked for your big head assumptions on how you think I should see things.

Yeah, you figured it all out! I'm a 12 year old spoilt brat who's morbidly obese and prowls the Ubi forums for a living while masturbating at the abuse I get on the internet!

Yeah.... I'm not in the mood for arguing right now and this is not the place, I'm just gunna not read the rest of your post.
I was simply giving my opinion on what you mentioned, no need to blow up on me.

With your way, how does one know one is going to become the host in a public match, anyway? Would it be based on rank, money or abstergo score?

Anykeyer
10-21-2013, 05:50 PM
By time spent in this particular session.

SquirrelInDaSky
10-21-2013, 07:13 PM
And what gives you the right to lecture me?

Also, I happen to think most people are mature enough not to abuse it because they want sessions to remain enjoyable. I KNOW I WOULD BE.

I don't see what stops him from disagreeing with you.

If you don't kick people for them being better then you doesn't mean everyone else bahaves the same way. I have encountered votekick abuse in most games i have played.
Considering how many tricks there are that new players are unaware of, votekick abuse will be even more severe in AC then in any other game. Noobs are getting crushed by veteran players, no way everyone will just suck it up. The community is small too, so don't even try convincing me that " pros should play against pros".
Also, there is no such thing as lobby host in AC.

P.S You think most people are mature enough, yet you assume people who disagree with you are 12 year olds. Ok

Anykeyer
10-22-2013, 07:22 AM
Don’t argue with idiots because they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

metalgearso1971
10-22-2013, 10:27 AM
P.S You think most people are mature enough, yet you assume people who disagree with you are 12 year olds. Ok

I make a difference when someone snaps at me with a tone I don't like when I am just stating my opinion. "What gave you the right?" etc. I wasn't yelling at anyone was I? I was merely stating I think the guy suggesting some sort of control system has a point, so I don't think I was asking for a guy telling me why I feel I have the right to decide who plays with me or not? And the word slaves is something I really dispise to be honest, it had nothing to do with what I said.

Don’t argue with idiots because they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

If you consider me an idiot for having a different view on things, so be it.

lBamitsMichael
10-22-2013, 07:28 PM
I make a difference when someone snaps at me with a tone I don't like when I am just stating my opinion. "What gave you the right?" etc. ....And the word slaves is something I really dispise to be honest, it had nothing to do with what I said.

I wasn't "snapping" at you, totally wrong word there, bro. If you share your opinion but can't handle it when someone disagrees with you or has a different opinion then you have a problem :l

As mentioned, I used a simile (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Simile+meaning). What I was saying had nothing to do with slaves and higher-class people, what I was saying wasn't really what I was saying... You clearly didn't understand that. My apologies if I accidentally made your inner freedom fighter come out because I mentioned slaves, t'was truly not my intention.

DomdudeDaGreat
10-22-2013, 08:31 PM
Oh dear you guys.... Anybody who thinks any form of control over who gets to play in what public lobby is completely wrong. Having a feature that allows people to kick others out of the game would be exploited immediately. You may think people woudn't, but trust me they would. I have played enough online games to know this, players will just remove players that are beasting the lobby, or are taking up spaces in a team mode, and judging by the amount of rage mail i get from new players and under prestige 6 scrubs im sure these kind of players would kick winners out of the lobby. It may seem useful to get rid of noobs when your getting a team together, but even then it really isn't fair.

If a player is annoying you that much just deal with it. Quit the lobby or just avoid the player, is that not obvious?

@metalgearso1971 serious reaction on your part to hardly anything lol

Ferrith
10-23-2013, 05:40 AM
I play on PC, and so I don't get messages from people I don't want to [neither do I accept friend requests easily] but I totally agree with Squirrel and Dude-from-London. Most MP players would do anything it takes to get points and come first rather than play fairly and have some consideration for their opponents. Abuse of the kick-out option is guaranteed, should such a system was ever made possible.

Hot_Isaac
10-23-2013, 09:23 PM
Well for all idiotic runners out there, this option would seem suicide, so yes why would they agree. Well i have encountered top level players running around, from roof to roof, just b'coz 3 players are behind him. And it starts a chain. So it should be stopped.

Just like god created us, they of course did not want us to become a criminal, terrorist. So why don't u say this here "God LETS them play that way".- Rudeunion.

So don't give me AC lets them crap here. Its players choice, how they want to play it. Runners, roofers should be brought down to make this game more enjoyable.

As i said, all 8-7 players have to vote against that perticular player to cast him out. If someone did not, players stays. If not kick option, then may be some kind of option to stop them from running, roofing all the time, when they see their pursuers.

DomdudeDaGreat
10-23-2013, 09:47 PM
Well for all idiotic runners out there, this option would seem suicide, so yes why would they agree. Well i have encountered top level players running around, from roof to roof, just b'coz 3 players are behind him. And it starts a chain. So it should be stopped.

Just like god created us, they of course did not want us to become a criminal, terrorist. So why don't u say this here "God LETS them play that way".- Rudeunion.

So don't give me AC lets them crap here. Its players choice, how they want to play it. Runners, roofers should be brought down to make this game more enjoyable.

As i said, all 8-7 players have to vote against that perticular player to cast him out. If someone did not, players stays. If not kick option, then may be some kind of option to stop them from running, roofing all the time, when they see their pursuers.

Dude you seriously can't remove people just because of their playstyle. If you get annoyed by runners and roofers then perhaps you should adapt to that. Its a pain in Wanted but in any other mode running and roofing really isn't a big deal anyway.
And what kind of option would stop them from running or roofing? You can't possible be suggesting that there should be features implemented which prevent people from RUNNING, it would make the game ridiculously boring and no fun for anyone.

The only situation where it would be at all acceptable to kick anyone is if they are deliberately trolling other players, but even so, why can't you just leave the lobby for gods sake it isn't that hard. You also seem to be forgetting that all noobs play like this in Wanted and if you go and play Assassinate then everyone runs and uses roofs regardless of how good they are.

RudeOnion
10-24-2013, 05:48 AM
Thank you for reminding me, dearest. But I already knew, and was actually referring to public sessions.

Well, it sounds like you aren't cut out for public lobbies. Stick to private, and there ya go.

Ferrith
10-24-2013, 06:01 AM
Dude you seriously can't remove people just because of their playstyle. <snipped the rest>
You seriously reply to someone who believes that whoever disagrees with his suggestion is an "idiotic runner"? Seriously? Come on!

Anykeyer
10-24-2013, 08:22 AM

WOW, you are so clever. LOL
There is an option to run. Developer can easily take it away. There are climbable roofs. Developer can easiliy take them away.
They dont. Because this is Assassins Creed multiplayer.Not "blah-blah-blah how I command you to play" multiplayer. Climbing and freerunning are defining elements of AC games.
Dont you see? This is how this game is supposed to be played. It balances harder ways to kill with more points given. But it does not restrict players from choosing their strategy.
What makes self-entitled morons think they and only they know how everyone should play?

And your "god" "point". Nothing can be funnier. There is no god. And he does not want anything. All laws come from humans and humans alone.

lBamitsMichael
10-24-2013, 10:04 AM
Is it safe to say this is the most stupid, idiotic thread on the AC forums? Just sayin'.

Hot_Isaac
10-24-2013, 10:43 AM
And your "god" "point". Nothing can be funnier. There is no god. And he does not want anything. All laws come from humans and humans alone.

That's what i meant "Self-entitled moron". Humans are responsible for the way they act, not AC. Just b'coz "there is an option to run, there are climbable roofs" does not mean they can intentionally frustrate their pursuers by jumpimg from roof to roof and running all over the map.

All i want is to make this game more enjoyable, more fun which runners, roofers ruined. I have got no issue with anyone here but i'm stricly against runners, roofers who are doin it intentionally to frustrate their pursuers and give up on him, time wasting.

Michael: I thought u were goin to post some pics here. I think u ran out of pics. ;)

+ Plus i love mass effect, if u still playing mass effect 3 multi, we can play together sometime?

lBamitsMichael
10-24-2013, 11:02 AM
Michael: I thought u were goin to post some pics here. I think u ran out of pics. ;)

+ Plus i love mass effect, if u still playing mass effect 3 multi, we can play together sometime?

Nah, a certain Widow has sorta put me on probation. If I post too many images I could get arrested and sent to ban hammer land for spamming.

I do still play ME3 multiplayer, rarely though. Too many try-hards, I usually just spam Shield Boost as a Volus Adept so I feel useful to my team.

Anykeyer
10-24-2013, 01:26 PM
LOL, someone is wrong on a countless levels

That's what i meant "Self-entitled moron".
Taking it personal, are we?

Humans are responsible for the way they act, not AC. Just b'coz "there is an option to run, there are climbable roofs" does not mean they can intentionally frustrate their pursuers by jumpimg from roof to roof and running all over the map.
In real life - yes. Because humans dont program other humans directly.
But in game everything is controllable. Developers dont put huge buttons like "I win", "crash others PCs/consoles" or "make me invincible" and then kick everyone from lobby for using it. No.
But they did spend a lot of time making all those animations for running, jumping and climbing. Spent a lot of time tuning inverse kinematic engine to handle all those angled surfaces and gaps. You want to say that they did this just because they had nothing else to do? Suuuure. And why in almost every AC MP trailer there are players running on roofs? Just to troll new players by showing them how they should play in order to be kicked by some veteran who thinks he can define the rules?

Freerunning is integral part of Assassins Creed. Get over it already.

All i want is to make this game more enjoyable, more fun which runners, roofers ruined. I have got no issue with anyone here but i'm stricly against runners, roofers who are doin it intentionally to frustrate their pursuers and give up on him, time wasting.

Its just your opinion. It differs from others it seems.
This game is boringly easy as it is. No need to make it slower and easier. You want to stab stationary targets - you play wolfpack. Leave other players alone.

lBamitsMichael
10-24-2013, 02:20 PM
I can't help it! I just have to! D:

http://i1.minus.com/jmbcxA0whFePV.jpg

metalgearso1971
10-24-2013, 03:50 PM
Well, it sounds like you aren't cut out for public lobbies. Stick to private, and there ya go.

Oh, I think I'm perfectly cut out for playing public sessions. In fact I can deal with all types of players out there, and can handle my own.

The fact I actually see the point of some form of control system does not say anything about how I play, or if I am able to play in public sessions. And to those who called me an idiot, this right here is an idiotic assumption at best. FYI, I didn't start this thread, I merely stated my opinion before the fanboy parade started rolling.

Just because I agree with Desmond to some extent doesn't mean I am not cut out for public play. I don't believe you ever played with me, did you? But then again, we probably may not because I don't really add people from these forums to my PS3 account because of their attitude towards people who are not with them on certain subjects. I don't need AC gods as friends on PS3 either because they always seem to feel the need to tell others how the game should be played, and how they should look at things.

Having that said, I find it funny how many people jump onto my back just because I agree with an opinion or suggestion someone makes. Seems there are still loads of big egos here who think no one may oppose their opinion because they seem to be the specialists of the game and think they are the only ones who may speak their minds. I don't consider myself a specialist in the game or top player, and surely always try not to talk down on people. I apologise to those who thought I did, but it still is funny how many people assume the hell out of stuff just because I have a different opinion.

Have a nice day everyone. I have some kids to raise here. I enjoy that a lot more than going round in circles with a bunch of kids who can't stand it someone opposes their opinion...

Moi-dix-Mois43
10-24-2013, 04:00 PM
WOW, you are so clever. LOL
There is an option to run. Developer can easily take it away. There are climbable roofs. Developer can easiliy take them away.
They dont. Because this is Assassins Creed multiplayer.Not "blah-blah-blah how I command you to play" multiplayer. Climbing and freerunning are defining elements of AC games.
Dont you see? This is how this game is supposed to be played. It balances harder ways to kill with more points given. But it does not restrict players from choosing their strategy.
What makes self-entitled morons think they and only they know how everyone should play?

Oh please please please don't even bring God into this debate.

SquirrelInDaSky
10-24-2013, 05:07 PM
Well i have encountered top level players running around, from roof to roof, just b'coz 3 players are behind him.

Question to everyone:

Imagine there are 3 pursuers on your tail. You want to benefit from that situation as much as you can. What are your actions?

EldestPainter
10-24-2013, 06:30 PM
Question to everyone:

Imagine there are 3 pursuers on your tail. You want to benefit from that situation as much as you can. What are your actions?

Set up in a strategic location in a blend group and be hyper aware of everything / one around me. Likely, all 3 won't converge at once on me, so deal with them as they come and try and get at least 600 points out of it with 3 stuns, but aim for at least 1-2 lures as well. I've got 600-900 points coming at me from those pursuers.

EldestPainter
10-24-2013, 06:51 PM
Seems there are still loads of big egos here who think no one may oppose their opinion because they seem to be the specialists of the game and think they are the only ones who may speak their minds.

I'm with you on this one, and I too agree with the OP regarding running roofers. This argument that "it's part of the game" is the most ludicrous thing I've heard. Walking is also part of the game, yet when that is brought up, this is the response:

No need to make it slower and easier. You want to stab stationary targets - you play wolfpack.

But they did spend a lot of time making all those animations for running, jumping and climbing.

They also spent a lot of time working on all the AI characters (devoted a lot of resources too) that are surprisingly all walking, standing, or sitting. In fact, they devs also put in a little hint about how to the play the game that says something like:

Act like a CIVILIAN

When 1 person starts running it does create a chain reaction that turns into a giant game a chase. In wanted, it can get pretty ridiculous. AA is another where I'd love to see the race from the opponents' artifact to your home base is toned down and rather it be more like a game of Escort than tag.

I do agree with the underlying argument that free-running is a core component to the game, and should stay. What they need to to put a meter on it so you can't run around indefinitely.

DomdudeDaGreat
10-24-2013, 07:18 PM

Its dependant on the situation. If I have time I will do waht Eldest says, strategic location blah blah.
If not much time ill try and get in a position where all three of them will converge at the same time and smoke them out.
If I dont have abilities then either be creative and hide around corners and grab corner stuns, reverse drop stun them, or free run and use hay bales to stun them.

Obviously these would be completely unacceptable as they would require running and/or roof usage, save the first one if the pursuers are far away.

Anykeyer
10-24-2013, 07:22 PM
You mean something like stamina meter? This can actually work.
If wolfpack AI behavior is the way to teach players how to play then it does awfull job. Bots are blind, They never run even in a chase, just jog. And they never hide after breaking line of sight.
They walk or stand just to introduce new players to existing kill bonuses and that rushing gives less points/time not more (thats why there is a time constraint). It never explicitly says that this is the only allowed playstyle.

EldestPainter
10-24-2013, 07:23 PM
If not much time ill try and get in a position where all three of them will converge at the same time and smoke them out.
If I dont have abilities then either be creative and hide around corners and grab corner stuns, reverse drop stun them, or free run and use hay bales to stun them.

Obviously these would be completely unacceptable as they would require running and/or roof usage, save the first one if the pursuers are far away.

I think there is a difference between running to get into a new defensive position vs running away (non-stop), don't you?

DomdudeDaGreat
10-24-2013, 07:25 PM
I think there is a difference between running to get into a new defensive position vs running away (non-stop), don't you?

True that, but the OP seems to disagree with any form of high profile action. Perhaps he could elaborate on where the line is between running non-stop and running tactically.

lBamitsMichael
10-24-2013, 07:28 PM
Question to everyone:

Dayum, gurl! This is a tough one! Ima throw my smoke and stun the 2 closest to me, at that point the 3rd one is gunna come running at me soo... uhh.. I knife stun himz? Or maybe run away? I dunno.

Or smoke bomb and ragequit, this whole situation I'm in is too stressful.

It all depends on how close they are to me and if I have princesses to assist me.

Anykeyer
10-24-2013, 07:32 PM

Does it make any significant difference for pursuer why you run away? Either way you will eventually stop and/or die.

EldestPainter
10-24-2013, 07:35 PM
True that, but the OP seems to disagree with any form of high profile action. Perhaps he could elaborate on where the line is between running non-stop and running tactically.

So what's your opinion on running to a new defensive position and let your pursuer come at you vs running away non-stop with no intention of making a defensive stand?

EldestPainter
10-24-2013, 07:37 PM
Does it make any significant difference for pursuer why you run away? Either way you will eventually stop and/or die.

No, but it makes a significant difference on how it impacts the overall flow/pace of the game.

You can see how running non-stop vs running and then setting up changes the flow of the overall game right?

Anykeyer
10-24-2013, 07:43 PM
But topic starter didnt care for game's flow. Runners just frustrate him as targets and maybe pursuers. I think he need some tips about how to deal with them :rolleyes:

EldestPainter
10-24-2013, 07:46 PM
But topic starter didnt care for game's flow. Runners just frustrate him as targets and maybe pursuers. I think he need some tips about how to deal with them :rolleyes:

I'm asking you about the difference though, not whether the OP brought it up or not. And it gets to the core of what was said regarding running roofers and the impact they have on the game's overall flow for everyone in the lobby.

SquirrelInDaSky
10-24-2013, 07:49 PM
Likely, all 3 won't converge at once on me

They usually do. Decent players will try to get to their target as soon as possible, so all 3 of them will most likely have you in their LoS.

Dayum, gurl! This is a tough one! Ima throw my smoke and stun the 2 closest to me, at that point the 3rd one is gunna come running at me soo... uhh.. I knife stun himz?

Or smoke bomb and ragequit, this whole situation I'm in is too stressful.

It all depends on how close they are to me and if I have princesses to assist me.

If i was one of the pursuers, i would let my target stun one of my "co-workers" with SB, then knife and get a silent kill.

If i was the target however, and see all 3 pursuers in one place, i would probably run. On roofs, in case someone will try to ambush me around the corner. I will run and run and run, waiting for their pursuers to pick em off one by one, increasing distance between my pursuers (not everyone can keep up to a good runner), waiting for my pursuers to make mistakes (its easier to stun a pursuer who doesn't suspect you will stop and try to fight back)
I am a terrible player.

EldestPainter
10-24-2013, 07:55 PM
They usually do. Decent players will try to get to their target as soon as possible, so all 3 of them will most likely have you in their LoS.

Not in my experience they don't.

Decent players that play to the scoring mechanic to try and get a high score via streaks and variety will do as you said, yes. Good players, I believe, play both sides of the game (offense and defense) and enjoy working to setup their pursuers for stuns using the AI, the environment, abilities, along with a little cunning.

lBamitsMichael
10-24-2013, 08:03 PM

If i was one of the pursuers, i would let my target stun one of my "co-workers" with SB, then knife and get a silent kill.

If i was the target however, and see all 3 pursuers in one place, i would probably run. On roofs, in case someone will try to ambush me around the corner. I will run and run and run, waiting for their pursuers to pick em off one by one, increasing distance between my pursuers (not everyone can keep up to a good runner), waiting for my pursuers to make mistakes (its easier to stun a pursuer who doesn't suspect you will stop and try to fight back)
I am a terrible player.

I love how you call yourself a terrible player when I just told you I'd throw my smokebomb and ragequit, I probably would.

EldestPainter
10-24-2013, 08:05 PM

Decent players that play to the current scoring mechanic and try to get a high score via streaks and variety will do as you said, yes. Good players, I believe, play both sides of the game (offense and defense) and enjoy working to setup their pursuers for stuns using the AI, the environment, abilities, along with a little cunning.

I will run and run and run

not everyone can keep up to a good runner
Is it that they can't keep up, or just don't bother trying because parkour tag is pretty yawn inducing.

This is also why they need to add a few more points on the defensive side of the game (ie: hidden stun).

DomdudeDaGreat
10-24-2013, 08:09 PM

Decent players that play to the scoring mechanic to try and get a high score via streaks and variety will do as you said, yes. Good players, I believe, play both sides of the game (offense and defense) and enjoy working to setup their pursuers for stuns using the AI, the environment, abilities, along with a little cunning.

Interesting. In Assassinate there is no point in focusing on defense for obvious reasons, however I'm presuming we are discussing Wanted here. In Wanted I'm very target focused and will try and get to said target very quickly, which usually requires running the full length of the map, until approaching their line of sight, at which stage I search for the way to grab the most points. If this means approaching stealthily and getting a hidden bonus then that will be it. If it means going for acrobatic or aerial kills then that is acceptable to me also (but not to the OP, along with everything Im saying here). When it comes to pursuers the best way to deal with them is to flush them out. If that means using high profile actions then so be it, does anybody choose not to run to be courteous to their pursuer(s), cause I doubt that. Anyway, back to the initial convergence point. It is surprisingly easy to get converging pursuers, you'll need to move constantly and away from where you initially heard whispers. As long as you keep moving you should be safe and save abilities for when you encounter the 2 or more pursuers together. This will give you more points than if you use abilities on one pursuer, and leave yourself defenseless. Obviously if you feel you can use stealth then go ahead, but the only thing I use stealth for is an approach bonus. This is probably because I try to plan my pursuers next move, and any pursuer with experience would be able to pick a player out of a morphed blend group in seconds.

SquirrelInDaSky
10-24-2013, 08:10 PM

Is it that they can't keep up, or just don't bother trying because parkour tag is pretty yawn inducing.

it's not about boredom, it's about frustration. They get angry, lose focus, come here and post threads like this one.

AC is also about psychological pressure.

metalgearso1971
10-24-2013, 08:11 PM
I do agree with the underlying argument that free-running is a core component to the game, and should stay. What they need to to put a meter on it so you can't run around indefinitely.

I like this idea. Adding a stamina meter would totally change the pace of the game.

DomdudeDaGreat
10-24-2013, 08:13 PM
it's not about boredom, it's about frustration. They get angry, come here and post threads like this one.

Exactly, as annoying that chasing after a running target is, they are easy to deal with. All you have to do is box them into a corner, or so be it, use knives (not gun though... only noobs use gun). It sickens me when people start threads like this to complain about mechanics which are fundamental to the game, as if they don't expect people to use them.

SquirrelInDaSky
10-24-2013, 08:16 PM
Interesting. Anyway, back to the initial convergence point. It is surprisingly easy to get converging pursuers, you'll need to move constantly and away from where you initially heard whispers. As long as you keep moving you should be safe and save abilities for when you encounter the 2 or more pursuers together. This will give you more points than if you use abilities on one pursuer, and leave yourself defenseless.

Indeed.

I love how you call yourself a terrible player when I just told you I'd throw my smokebomb and ragequit, I probably would.

Sorry, i didn't quite understand what you meant by saying this.

Hot_Isaac
10-24-2013, 08:22 PM
Anykeyer: And why in almost every AC MP trailer there are players running on roofs? Just to troll new players by showing them how they should play in order to be kicked by some veteran who thinks he can define the rules?

That does not mean they can intentionally run from roof to roof all over the map just to frustrate pursuers. And as i explained several times. JUST 1 GUY CAN'T KICK SOMEONE, ALL 7 PLAYERS HAVE TO VOTE AGAINST THAT PERTICULAR GUY. Even if 1 guy did not vote, player will stay.

And yes i also liked your stamina thing idea. After a certian point, when stamina meter is down, all u can do is just walk, can't even jog. That would do too.

EldestPainter: Set up in a strategic location in a blend group and be hyper aware of everything / one around me. Likely, all 3 won't converge at once on me, so deal with them as they come and try and get at least 600 points out of it with 3 stuns, but aim for at least 1-2 lures as well. I've got 600-900 points coming at me from those pursuers.

Exactly, but instead of doin such, they just start running from roof to roof intentionally hoping their pursuers will stop chasing, give up. That's what i'm against.

IEldestPainter: 'm with you on this one, and I too agree with the OP regarding running roofers.

Thx, finally someone with brians to understand what i'm exactly talking about. I'm not against "RUNNING". I'm against doin it intentionally to frustrate their pursuers, and in doin so start a chain reaction and ruining the fun of the game. Running all over the map just b'coz pursuers are behing them.

DomdudeDaGreat : True that, but the OP seems to disagree with any form of high profile action. Perhaps he could elaborate on where the line is between running non-stop and running tactically.

I'm not against high profile action for gods sake. How many time do i have to explain again and again?

Anykeyer: Does it make any significant difference for pursuer why you run away? Either way you will eventually stop and/or die.

Yes it does:

1) You're ruining the fun of the game by running all over the place, creating a chain reaction.
2) You're wasting valuable time, frustrating your pursuers.

SquirrelInDaSky: If i was the target however, and see all 3 pursuers in one place, i would probably run. On roofs, in case someone will try to ambush me around the corner. I will run and run and run

Now that is just Epic, got nothin to say.

EldestPainter
10-24-2013, 08:25 PM
Interesting. In Assassinate there is no point in focusing on defense for obvious reasons, however I'm presuming we are discussing Wanted here. In Wanted I'm very target focused and will try and get to said target very quickly, which usually requires running the full length of the map, until approaching their line of sight, at which stage I search for the way to grab the most points. If this means approaching stealthily and getting a hidden bonus then that will be it. If it means going for acrobatic or aerial kills then that is acceptable to me also (but not to the OP, along with everything Im saying here). When it comes to pursuers the best way to deal with them is to flush them out. If that means using high profile actions then so be it, does anybody choose not to run to be courteous to their pursuer(s), cause I doubt that. Anyway, back to the initial convergence point. It is surprisingly easy to get converging pursuers, you'll need to move constantly and away from where you initially heard whispers. As long as you keep moving you should be safe and save abilities for when you encounter the 2 or more pursuers together. This will give you more points than if you use abilities on one pursuer, and leave yourself defenseless. Obviously if you feel you can use stealth then go ahead, but the only thing I use stealth for is an approach bonus. This is probably because I try to plan my pursuers next move, and any pursuer with experience would be able to pick a player out of a morphed blend group in seconds.

Valid point re: assa.

If I may, why are you so target focused? Also, would you take that same approach of running to the other side of the map if you had 2 or more pursuers on you?

Grab the most points: Does that mean in AC4, you will use stealth more so than you do now seeing as stealth will be more rewarded in that game?

I'll be honest, I always choose not to run, but it's not to be courteous to my pursuer, it's to try and get points off of them.

Your comment about picking a target out of a morph group in seconds may be well valid, but what about in a blend group, or if you go ad blend a group then put on disguise? Like I posted somewhere earlier, I recently had a match where I had 3 pursuers on me (and I didn't run!), was in a big walking BLENDed group that ended up converging with another. Knowing what people look for, I situated myself in a proper defensive position within the crowd and ended up getting 3 lures (yup, all 3 were right there). 2 from really high lvl prestiges chasing bonuses with guns (never heard a sweeter sound than 2 guns go off almost simultaneously and seeing Lure, Lure pop up on my screen, and 1 lower lvl who killed an npc.

This claim that you'll get picked out by good players is a bit overblown by most here.

EldestPainter
10-24-2013, 08:30 PM
it's not about boredom, it's about frustration. They get angry, lose focus, come here and post threads like this one.

You sure it's not about your inability to play defense?

lBamitsMichael
10-24-2013, 08:39 PM
Sorry, i didn't quite understand what you meant by saying this.

In my post where I replied to your question about what I would do about 3 pursuers, I said I'd throw my smoke bomb and leave the game. I was saying that would make me a terrible player.

Hot_Isaac
10-24-2013, 08:42 PM

You're just here to troll, so sir please do fark off.

lBamitsMichael
10-24-2013, 08:45 PM

Wooooah woah woah woah, is there really much need for that? Taking it a little bit too personal there.

SquirrelInDaSky
10-24-2013, 09:23 PM

No, that's actually how i play.

DomdudeDaGreat
10-24-2013, 09:56 PM

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/37388275.jpg

Last time i checked statiing a true fact is not trolling

luckyto
10-24-2013, 10:08 PM
This thread is proof-positive that there should NOT be any option to kick players out of the game.

Ferrith
10-25-2013, 09:55 AM

He plainly states facts. I have played with Squirrel on PC and this is how he plays Wanted. I don't see why this consists trolling.

This thread is proof-positive that there should NOT be any option to kick players out of the game.
For Desmond's information, the above comes from someone who loves the stealth mechanics of the game.

metalgearso1971
10-25-2013, 12:54 PM
does anybody choose not to run to be courteous to their pursuer(s), cause I doubt that

Not to be courteous to pursuers but to survive really :) That's how I stay alive :)

metalgearso1971
10-25-2013, 01:09 PM
I'm with you on this one, and I too agree with the OP regarding running roofers. This argument that "it's part of the game" is the most ludicrous thing I've heard. Walking is also part of the game, yet when that is brought up, this is the response:

"No need to make it slower and easier. You want to stab stationary targets - you play wolfpack."

"But they did spend a lot of time making all those animations for running, jumping and climbing."

They also spent a lot of time working on all the AI characters (devoted a lot of resources too) that are surprisingly all walking, standing, or sitting. In fact, they devs also put in a little hint about how to the play the game that says something like:

"Act like a CIVILIAN"

When 1 person starts running it does create a chain reaction that turns into a giant game a chase. In wanted, it can get pretty ridiculous. AA is another where I'd love to see the race from the opponents' artifact to your home base is toned down and rather it be more like a game of Escort than tag.

Some things in my post might be off-topic but allow me to share my thoughts here.

Exactly my point. The slower and easier statement is actually coming from point *****s who just know one speed, get somewhere as quick as possible. They won't slow down at all, they just are so focused on points they just keep running. Thank god these players always end up crossing my path when I'm playing so I can kill them or stun them. This is not me saying I am against running, I do feel though it explains why I don't really value their opinion about stealth factors of the game because they don't even use stealth.

Second statement about the animations is laughable at best, and tells me we are dealing with a not so intellectual person here.

The times I played Wanted it was all about running around. I never really saw any stealth kills. It was all about run to your target, kill it for a measly 150 points and move on. In fact I dare saying that I won most of the time. So, to that dude who said I am not cut out for public sessions, there is your proof. Anyway, I'm drifting off so let me continue. What really amazed me while playing Wanted was that if I managed to get a nice poison kill players would actually grab their headset and yell cheater and hacker at me. Or they would cooperate with another player just to ruin my game. And now these type of players are telling me and others what they may or may not think? It's so funny it hurts my stomach from laughter.

I played with beginners, regular players, even prestiged players, players I was terrified of. I even played with plenty of people from these forums. The only thing I could conclude was that Wanted is always the same, a running game mode. It's just due to bad design in my opinion. And to my horror Ubi just keeps adding such game modes and doesn't even promote proper co-op modes except the ones where you supposedly cooperate by locking a pursuer or target for someone else.

I don't care if people are running really, there are ways to stop them. But what I do object to is that a lot of players using running as one of the core aspects of their game play actually think it gives them the right to continuously attack people who even hint slightly they don't like to chase after people because they keep running and such. I think AC4 will sort of deal with most of this since chases and escapes have been removed, so it's not rewarded anymore. Which makes me think that a lot of players are going to adapt, which they should and probably will, but I am sure just as many players will start to complain about just about everything because now it's not so easy for them to win anymore. It happened with ACR with the stun range, it happened with the fact someone who was posioned could stun his pursuer, it happened with plenty of other examples in other releases. Oh no, the game is too easy for noobs now. Oh my god, I got stunned when I poisoned a guy - please change that! Oh god, I can no longer be cool because I can't stun-lock. Please grow up.

Hate me for what I just wrote, I don't care because it's always been this way ever since I joined, but the fact is there is a reason why Ubi changes a lot of stuff. And instead of blaming those who oppose you maybe it would also be wise to look at yourself for a bit here. Lots of game modes have been removed and lots of things have changed. I just ask you, why would that be really?

Take care everyone.

Hot_Isaac
10-25-2013, 03:11 PM
DomdudeDaGreat: Last time i checked statiing a true fact is not trolling

Last time i checked, this forum was free to register your problems, complains. In doin so, some nut-head teaching me about psychological pressure, acting out of frustration blah blah....

I had a thought to make this game more enjoyable. I never said KICK option it is, it must be integrated. Just do something to stop pointlessly running all over the map.

luckyto : This thread is proof-positive that there should NOT be any option to kick players out of the game.

So fine, how about anykey idea? Stamina thing? Can't run when it gets empty, can just walk. That would do.

Anykeyer
10-25-2013, 03:29 PM
Oh, metalgear, you made so many assumptions about others and me specifically, and you trully belive them all? So cute.
At the core Im stealth-oriented player since the first session I played in ACB almost 3 years ago. But since then I have gradually dropped my turtle habits and developed some kind of "burst" style gameplay. Now when I play I constantly change between slow paced approach and very agressive actions, often multiple times during each session.
And yes, this makes me a frequent runner, as well as a frequent gunner.
But you are totally wrong in your belief that everyone who runs for entire session can't do anything else.
Also you are very wrong if you think Im that player who will rage at someone because of their playstyle. Players are free to use all tools they have at their disposal. This is the reason I dont want even hear of someone kicking other players just because he does not like them running.
And no, honestly I dont like when my target constantly runs away in manhunt or wanted. It sure complicates things and makes me score less points. But this isnt mainly their own fault. Developer is responsible for making this game. And its their job to fix this. Not someone random who thinks he knows better.

luckyto
10-25-2013, 03:58 PM
I've long supported a very generous (should allow up to 60 seconds of free running and regenerate in 10) stamina system. You should also be hurt (like being hit with knifes) if you jump off really tall heights (2 stories+). That's the only way to make free-running a thing of skill and not insane monkey dancing, and force players who run non-stop to stop - even for a short period of time.

Hot_Isaac
10-25-2013, 04:15 PM
Yeah, i liked your ideas, everything about it. ;)

That's how it should be, suggest optiions, instead of bashing each other which takes u nowhere.

If we got some complains, problems about AC, this is where we discuss them. So please instead of arguing everytime, try to be more helpfull.

metalgearso1971
10-25-2013, 05:35 PM
Oh, metalgear, you made so many assumptions about others and me specifically, and you trully belive them all? So cute.

Anykeyer, I was not even referring to you?

EldestPainter
10-25-2013, 06:16 PM
I've long supported a very generous (should allow up to 60 seconds of free running and regenerate in 10) stamina system. You should also be hurt (like being hit with knifes) if you jump off really tall heights (2 stories+). That's the only way to make free-running a thing of skill and not insane monkey dancing, and force players who run non-stop to stop - even for a short period of time.

I've been mulling this over some and have a few thoughts:

a. a free-run stamina system that kicks in when you have a pursuer on you (personally, I feel a 60:10 ratio may favor running too much - you ca run a loooooooong ways in 60 secs in this game), when you have no pursuer, you have unlimited free run
b. bring back chases, and when a chase is triggered, you have unlimited free-run until the chase ends
c. love the idea of being hurt off of big jumps from the roofs

Like you said, free-running should be a skill that requires more than just running around randomly but should incorporate safe route planning and execution. There should be a punishment that goes along with FR (injuries from high jumps), that would require runners to be more deliberate in their actions and be equally punished for their mistakes.

lBamitsMichael
10-25-2013, 06:40 PM
Feel free to post your suggestions but they're probably not gunna add the whole stamina idea to the multiplayer. They'd have to add new animations, new HUD, new consequences ect... It would be a whole new way to play multiplayer. Single player would presumably be unaffected by this stamina idea, it seems strange how they would add a whole new and serious feature to the multiplayer side of the game.

Just my opinion :P

luckyto
10-25-2013, 06:40 PM
60 seconds of free-running is actually short for some players. Some run the whole game. And I especially think that it should apply to chases. That way chases come to a definite end, but they have a full minute to try and evade.

It's just theory - you'd have to put it in game with players and get the exact set up that you would need.

Ferrith
10-25-2013, 07:11 PM
It sounds plausible to me. 60 seconds would be enough time to have your abilities up again, then it would be a matter of using them to neutralise your pursuer(s) or meet your maker. lol

DomdudeDaGreat
10-26-2013, 11:18 AM
Im not really a fan of the stamina metre idea, but I must agree with fall damage, to me it just seems so ridiculous jumping off some of the tallest buildings on the map unscathed. You should be injured like you are from a contested kill, the higher the fall the longer you are injured for, with a cap at around 5 seconds.

Anykeyer
10-27-2013, 06:17 PM
Extreme heigh falling should also scramble HUD and vision like losing almost all your health does in single player. Making players lose their lock and being unable to lock for a few seconds.
Stamina for running will most likely work in most modes except assassinate. But disabling it in assassinate would create another problem - inconsistent game system across game modes. Things like that should be avoided.
Since there are no chases and no way to get hidden escapes (or any other escapes for that matter) I think it would be logical to introduce "hidden stun" mechanic (not just from blend group but 1.) any stun made by player who wasnt running in the last couple of seconds and isnt locked by their pursuer OR 2.) perfrormed on lured pursuer) with appropriate bonuses.

Hot_Isaac
10-30-2013, 09:47 PM
So how do we take to this to UBI?

Start a thread with a voting system for stamina thing?

Jailwhale
10-30-2013, 11:14 PM
If all my ability's are on cooldown and you have already locked onto me obviously i am going to run away.
Though some players have big balls and will try to get a cheap stun.

Hot_Isaac
10-30-2013, 11:21 PM
In other words they are called class players with big balls ;) and others are called runners, while roofing too. So that also adds roofers to their names.

SageM1A
10-30-2013, 11:30 PM
makes too much sense IMO....with some like that the problem with major things such as the minor hack glitch wouldn't have existed cuz they people would have been booted.

With free for all modes there is room for it to be abused as well. It could be done, but with specific rules. Ubisoft won't do that.

Vistullio
02-16-2014, 09:42 PM

How about kicking people like you out of forums HUH ?!