PDA

View Full Version : Who likes this idea???

arfaan01
10-13-2013, 08:15 PM
I HOPE SOMEONE FROM UBISOFT READS AT LEAST ONE OF THESE IDEAS - I THINK ANY OF THESE IDEAS WOULD BE AMAZING FOR AN ASSASSNS CREED GAME I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THE FIRST ONE :

India - I think the setting for AC4 was a mistake there could have been a far more interesting setting...India around 1600AD. The citiy streets were perfect for freerunning and there could be a really in depth Jungle survival element to the game because india has massive jungle areas. For example in AC3 there were the frontier and homestead areas and in this India setting you could have a jungle area the size of the homestead or frontier or both put together wth bengal tigers, elephants, primates, crocodiles, swamps, rivers etc. The redcoats were in India at this time and I think but not sure maybe other European forces so there is a real foundation to build on for a Templar story. Would be really amazing...

China - Another setting that interests me is China or ancient china. For the first time AC could meet Shaolin. The idea of an Assassin raised in a Shaolin monastery could be really appealing and also make for a really interesting combat system. There is also lots of rich history to use for creating a story such as emperors, dynasties, tribes etc for example the Templars are trying to infiltrate the Chinese empire.. China also has vast and beautiful landscape.

Greece - I didn't really have Greece in mind but I saw someone mention it on here and it could make for an interesting plot such as the Templars are using an apple to mimick the powers Zeua and other gods to gain power and the peoples following. You could follow off from this in many ways one example is they are greek Templars who are planning to offer a sacrifice of a percentage of the population to Hades once they are in power..Greece also has stunning locations.

Japan - Again stunning landscape and good storyline opportunities. There is an Assassin order of Samurai who are combating Templars who are trying to becoming involved in the countrie affairs. Explanation of Templar involvement could be the time the British were brining modernized weapons into Japan (the setting of The Last Samurai movie).

I also agree that Egypt would make a great location.

Lowly Assassin
10-13-2013, 08:20 PM
i think the appeal of assassins creed is the planting of ideas, and letting the end user ( you ) imagine what could happen, instead of having someone in a nice office telling you what to imagine or think

adventurewomen
10-13-2013, 08:24 PM
I think Ubisoft recently mentioned they are interested in India as a possible location. :)

Jexx21
10-13-2013, 09:52 PM
i think this idea is better than ants

LoyalACFan
10-13-2013, 09:55 PM
I think Ubisoft recently mentioned they are interested in India as a possible location. :)

That's what I was going to say. But now they've got that AC: Brahman comic coming out, so I dunno if they'll make a game in India as well.

Personally, I'd love to return to Eurasia, though I would prefer China.

Aphex_Tim
10-13-2013, 10:09 PM
Came here, expecting to read about Japan, India or China. Wasn't disappointed.

HiddenKiller612
10-13-2013, 10:29 PM
I've wanted a game set in india for some time now, since the devs spoke of wanting to set a game there. I'm hoping that the comic book it just the begining.

Fury074ubi
10-14-2013, 03:07 AM
I was always hoping for a game taking place during the Meiji Restoration Period of Japan. There were plenty of assassinations going on at the time to justify the time period and location. Another Time period I would like to see would be Victorian-Edwardian Eras. Plenty of people being assassinated during that era, including three U.S. Presidents, and I think Archduke Franz-Ferdinand.

I feel that you could use just about any time period you want, but periods of great turmoil that had a lot of people being assassinated makes sense. And you can use different levels of technologies (especially the Victorian/Edwardian eras) to showcase a different Assassin that hasn't been seen yet. As well as the option to play either a male or female assassin within the same game, with different skills and equipment and tactics. With two story lines that can either interweave or completely separate, or like Assassin's Creed 3, can act as a prologue of sorts.

Stealth Gamer92
10-14-2013, 03:11 AM
Medi-evil then. :p

Fury074ubi
10-14-2013, 03:54 AM
I still think a Victorian/Edwardian setting would be great. Another point in favor of a Victorian/Edwardian Era game, is that with the advances in the transportation and communications technologies would allow for a truly global game. Your assassin bumps of someone in the U.S. then sails to Europe to coordinate a cell of assassins in an attack on a Templar stronghold that is housing one of your targets, and then go to Colonial Africa, India or China and take out another target. The possibilities are endless.

Stealth Gamer92
10-14-2013, 04:19 AM
And medievil times has....stuff. Honestly I'd like an AC game in that era cause I know the weapons and armour. I admit I am totaly biased in that I want an AC game in this period. They already did the American Revolution. They are makeing a Pirate Era now. A medi-evil instalment would complete my top five favorite eras of history.

Fury074ubi
10-14-2013, 04:57 AM
I think that the Medieval Period would be limited though in terms of location, i.e. the Middle East. The Victorian/Edwardian era had so many wars and conflicts going on and people being assassinated, that it would be a challenge just to get your assassin(s) to all of them The Crimean War, The U.S. Civil War, Spanish-American War, the Meiji Restoration, the Boer Wars, Zulu, Simon Bolivar's Revolution, the Opium Wars, the Boxer Rebellion, and maybe even WWI. Or you could end the game with the Assassination that started 'The Great War'. And you can introduce new factions, like the French Foreign Legion (maybe make your assassin a member of them at one point to justify his/her presence in a place it might not make sense for him/her to be), Boers, Chinese Boxers, etc.

There's just way too many possibilities with that era.

Stealth Gamer92
10-14-2013, 05:03 AM
England, British Empire or what ever it was called back then is plenty big with plenty variety. Think of the vilage's, forest's, valley's , and fortified castle's. The assassination's could be covered up by the Templars saying the death's were part of the plague.

Fury074ubi
10-14-2013, 05:18 AM
England, British Empire or what ever it was called back then is plenty big with plenty variety. Think of the vilage's, forest's, valley's , and fortified castle's. The assassination's could be covered up by the Templars saying the death's were part of the plague.

Actually, England was much smaller than you think. Just England, Wales, parts of Scotland, and parts of France. Ireland wouldn't be considered part of the Empire until Henry VIII's reign, IIRC, which was during the Renaissance. The British Empire didn't come into being until the Colonization period during the Renaissance. Also, where would the Assassins be? The Assassin Order was limited to the Middle East at the time.

Aphex_Tim
10-14-2013, 07:18 AM
and medievil times has....stuff. Honestly i'd like an ac game in that era cause i know the weapons and armour. I admit i am totaly biased in that i want an ac game in this period. They already did the american revolution. They are makeing a pirate era now. A medi-evil instalment would complete my top five favorite eras of history.

ac1.......?

Mr_Shade
10-14-2013, 12:19 PM
Hi Guys,

We have a dedicated thread for ideas for future AC titles:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/758424

Please continue there

As a reminder to new members, please either search or check the pinned 'useful thread' post - many threads already exist for discussion on popular subjects:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/298131-Useful-Links-amp-Info-All-AC-Titles-Please-check-before-posting