PDA

View Full Version : AC3 - Unlock Benedict Arnold DLC from Standard version?

Javsp
10-12-2013, 02:16 PM
I wanna know if typing a Benedict Arnold DLC key in the extras menu will unlock this DLC asuming I've registered the base game as standard version (not Deluxe) in uPlay. In fact, I have currently registered AC3 standard version + Season pass.

Anykeyer
10-12-2013, 03:34 PM
Base game is the same regardless of edition. Deluxe just comes with some extras. Yes, you can unlock Benedict Arnold DLC with any PC edition. Provided you have unlock key and DLC installation file.

Javsp
10-12-2013, 04:36 PM
And where can I download the Benedict Arnold DLC installation file if I have the Standard version? Does it download itself when I enter the BA DLC key or I have to download it from elsewhere.

YayaTourette
10-12-2013, 05:47 PM
As it only came with the digital deluxe Edition the download is only available in the order confirmation from Uplay/Ubishop. Obviously you don't have it?!

Regards,
Mork

Javsp
10-12-2013, 06:19 PM
I was thinking about getting that file from a friend who has Deluxe edition and then place it in my AC3 folder. Then unlock it with a valid Benedict Arnold key that I can get. Should this work? The problem is I don't know which file/s belongs to that DLC...

Locopells
10-12-2013, 07:02 PM
You need the installation file they were given, or you can find it on the net, if you look around. Either way, if you got a key for it, you should have been given a link as well.

Javsp
10-12-2013, 07:18 PM
You need the installation file they were given, or you can find it on the net, if you look around. Either way, if you got a key for it, you should have been given a link as well.
I can get the key but from Steam. My AC3 is from Steam (but it launches uPlay too, as you know). The thing is a friend can send me the BA DLC key because he's gonna buy Deluxe edition and I'm asking if I can download the BA DLC file installation only with that key.

I've done a search on the net but I didn't find that file... Maybe someone who has bought Deluxe version can send me that link by PM or a link where I can download it so I can unlock it with the key. I would really appreciate it. I repeat: only the Benedict Arnold DLC, I already have the rest of DLC's because I have the season pass.

Thanks.

YayaTourette
10-12-2013, 10:42 PM
Don't Steam versions of AC3 require Steam-DLCs, too?

Javsp
10-13-2013, 12:58 AM

Yes if they are normal DLCs that can be pursached on Steam but it's not the case with this one.

BridgetFisher
10-13-2013, 03:31 AM
I boght deluxe version of AC3 but got ripped off and never got my benedict arnold dlc, at least I never saw it in game and still dont.

Anykeyer
10-13-2013, 09:10 AM
And where can I download the Benedict Arnold DLC installation file if I have the Standard version? Does it download itself when I enter the BA DLC key or I have to download it from elsewhere.
Unfortunatelly you cant.
Steam wont auto-download this file, Steam cant detect what you have activated in game.
Usually you should be able to activate DLC keys in Uplay PC client but this feature is bugged and does not work for Benedict Arnold or Hidden Secrets. Activating DLCs in Uplay PC allows you to download installer, This is separate to activation process in game which allows you to actually play DLC.

I was thinking about getting that file from a friend who has Deluxe edition and then place it in my AC3 folder. Then unlock it with a valid Benedict Arnold key that I can get. Should this work? The problem is I don't know which file/s belongs to that DLC...
Yes. this will work. You need:
DataPC_DX11_2_dlc.forge
DataPC_DX11_AC3_DLCWestpoint_2_dlc.forge
You dont have to edit any configuration files or registry. Just put files in your game's folder and use DLC key in game to gain access.

This depends on game. In AC games you actually can use any DLC files and keys with Steam version. Getting DLCs from Steam just makes everything easier because then Steam will automatically download all required files.

Javsp
10-13-2013, 05:36 PM
Thanks! I could get those 2 files and placed them in my AC3 Steam folder. Then I entered the code in-game and a message appeared telling me BA DLC was unlocked. I can't test it now because I've not reached level 8 yet but it should work.

Thanks again!

Rio_Rossi
10-13-2013, 06:24 PM
I bought the deluxe but not received this DLC too

Javsp
10-14-2013, 02:09 AM
I bought the deluxe but not received this DLC too

Where did you buy it?

andynaruto10
10-22-2013, 12:47 AM
Can anyone who has the Deluxe Edition and finished the game send me their savegames, please?

Anykeyer
10-22-2013, 07:35 AM
LOL, nice try.
AC3 save games contain cdkey.

Secu12
10-22-2013, 12:26 PM
LOL, nice try.
AC3 save games contain cdkey.

And also they have a unique key for any user.
By the way, where can I purchase the Benedict Arnold DLC from(I have Freedom Edition if this matters)?

Anykeyer
10-22-2013, 01:39 PM
You cant buy Benedict Arnold DLC itself. It comes only as a part of Digital Deluxe Edition. Not with any other edition, or season pass.
IF you want to buy DDE and already have retail version then the best way to get DDE is from Uplay directly. It is also discounted this week. But still can be too much if the only thing you miss is BA DLC.

Secu12
10-22-2013, 05:27 PM
On Steam page for Assassin's Creed III Deluxe Edition says it includes:

All five downloadable content pack:
The Hidden Secrets Pack
The Battle Hardened Pack
Tyranny of King Washington: The Infamy
Tyranny of King Washington: The Betrayal
Tyranny of King Washington: The Redemption
4 bonus single-player missions, adding over an hour of additional gameplay
The official Assassin’s CreedŽ III soundtrack (mp3 files)
George Washington’s notebook (pdf file)

Does those 4 extra missions are actually Benedict Arnold DLC? Right now it's 55 euro on steam and 32 euro on ubi.shop.com
If yes, I shall wait for the upcoming holidays.

Anykeyer
10-22-2013, 05:44 PM
those 4 extra missions are actually Benedict Arnold DLC?
Yes.
But your save games from retail version will be incompatible with Steam version, they will continue to work only with Uplay version.
Your achievements, Uplay actions, rewards and multiplayer account (except for erudito credits) will transfer either way.

Secu12
10-22-2013, 08:38 PM
Strange, because I have bought AC II Deluxe Edition on Steam AC II Brotherhood Deluxe Edition from an online reseller store, GMG, both games already activated on uplay and the save games were synced. Anyway, I don't mind playing AC III main story again.

Anykeyer
10-22-2013, 09:07 PM
Older games are not affected. Save games became tied to key the game is launched with only in AC3. And Steam and retail/Uplay launch game with different keys even under the same account.

Secu12
10-23-2013, 06:27 AM
That's fine; I shall play again the main story. I hope the DLCs worth the trouble.