PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Playstation - next-gen upgrade information. [UPDATED]

Mr_Shade
10-11-2013, 11:40 AM
ASSASSIN'S CREED IV BLACK FLAG NEXT-GEN UPGRADE

When you buy a copy of Assassin’s Creed®IV Black Flag™ for PlayStation®3, for a limited time only you can download a PlayStation®4 digital copy of the game for an additional £9.99. This offer is available with both retail and digital copies of the PlayStation®3 game. If you have a retail copy, there is a code in the PlayStation®3 version of the game to redeem on the PlayStation®Store to download your PlayStation®4 digital copy.

You must retain your PlayStation®3 disc to play the upgraded PlayStation®4 version. Insert the original PlayStation®3 disc in the PlayStation®4 console to play the game. If you own a digital copy of the PlayStation®3 game, the PlayStation®4 digital download will automatically appear at the discounted price on the PlayStation®Store. Upgrade codes can be redeemed until March 31st, 2014.

Please note that the upgrade offer applies to the Digital Special Edition of the main game, including

the Aveline exclusive missions
Special Edition additional in-game content: Sacrificed Secrets: Recover Captain Drake’s lost treasures, including golden flintlocks and cutlass when exploring the exotic island of Sacrifices.
Captain Kenway’s Legacy: Additional Single & Multiplayer items.
as well as the Uplay Passport.

http://imageshack.com/a/img42/7015/6gpm.png

The PlayStation®3 saved games, trophies and individual downloadable content, other ULC and pre-order content will not be carried across. However, owning the Season Pass on PlayStation® 3 will grant access to the corresponding downloadable content on PlayStation® 4.

/!\The PS3 game disk must be entered in the disk drive of the PS4 for the game to work.
Removing the game will cause the game to quit /!\

/!\The PS4 version MUST be purchased on either the PS4 store or PC using the sony store - by the 31st of March to receive the discount. /!\

For a full step by step on how to redeem the code, please see here:

https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/FAQ.aspx?platformid=38&brandid=22&productid=4186&faqid=kA030000000ebZcCAI

Visit Playstation.com (http://www.playstation.com/) for more details.

http://us.playstation.com/digitalupgrade/
(http://us.playstation.com/digitalupgrade/)
Upgrade codes can be redeemed until March 31st 2014.

Don’t wait, pre-order your copy of Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag today. (http://www.assassinscreed.com/preorder)

Prices shown are UK - please visit you local Playstation.com site for local information.

HypeR.tgL
10-11-2013, 12:11 PM
January 31st 2013?

I love this current-gen to next-gen upgrade scheme, makes the transition soo much easier for people :).

Mr_Shade
10-11-2013, 12:20 PM
reported - it's 2014 ;)

Cosmic_Rooster
10-11-2013, 12:50 PM
I'm still confused Mr_Shade :p

If I was to pre-order the PS3 Assassin's Creed® IV Black Flag™ - Deluxe Edition from the PlayStation Store for £63.99 that contains the following content:

- 3 Singleplayer missions
- Exclusive Sony missions: 60 mins of Gameplay with Aveline
- 5 Singleplayer Ship Customisation items
- 4 Singleplayer Weapons
- 4 Singleplayer Costumes
- 2 Multiplayer Costumes
- 4 Multiplayer Titles
- 2 Multiplayer Relics
- 4 Patron pictures

Would I then receive all that content on the PS4 version for the £9.99 upgrade fee?

If so then I'm all over it :)

Stealth Gamer92
10-11-2013, 01:43 PM
What about 360>X1?

FrankieSatt
10-11-2013, 01:49 PM
What I'm curious about is how the XBox version will work. If you play it for the 360 will your save games migrate over to the XBox One? If not than why even bother buying the XBox 360 version knowing you are getting it for the XBox one?

Stealth Gamer92
10-11-2013, 02:07 PM
What I'm curious about is how the XBox version will work. If you play it for the 360 will your save games migrate over to the XBox One? If not than why even bother buying the XBox 360 version knowing you are getting it for the XBox one?

I'm a Microsoft loyalist. Plus I don't mind playing through a game multiple time's from scratch. In fact I do so regularly.

MONNALLISA
10-11-2013, 06:17 PM
Hi, I want to buy new console, but I don't know which one will be better? Xbox One or Ps4? I will only play Assasin's Creed, nothing else. Does anybody know how this will look on both consoles?

pacmanate
10-11-2013, 06:44 PM
Hi, I want to buy new console, but I don't know which one will be better? Xbox One or Ps4? I will only play Assasin's Creed, nothing else. Does anybody know how this will look on both consoles?

PS4, its cheaper.

Stealth Gamer92
10-11-2013, 06:58 PM
PS4, its cheaper.

Not if you buy it with a KINECT equivilent in-box. Why do people always go to price and ignore the details of what makes the price diference.

pacmanate
10-11-2013, 07:13 PM
Not if you buy it with a KINECT equivilent in-box. Why do people always go to price and ignore the details of what makes the price diference.

Um, the person asked which console to get cause they ONLY want to play AC. Why pay £100 more? They never asked for an explanation and i'm not an idiot. I answered the persons question. What the £100 is for makes no difference, they wanted to know what console to get, I told them.

Stealth Gamer92
10-11-2013, 07:15 PM
Um, the person asked which console to get cause they ONLY want to play AC. Why pay £100 more? They never asked for an explanation and i'm not an idiot. I answered the persons question. What the £100 is for makes no difference, they wanted to know what console to get, I told them.

Sorry. Its just so many people bash the price tag I overeacted on a time it wasn't intended that way.

luckyto
10-11-2013, 07:53 PM
I'm still confused Mr_Shade :p

If I was to pre-order the PS3 Assassin's Creed® IV Black Flag™ - Deluxe Edition from the PlayStation Store for £63.99 that contains the following content:

- 3 Singleplayer missions
- Exclusive Sony missions: 60 mins of Gameplay with Aveline
- 5 Singleplayer Ship Customisation items
- 4 Singleplayer Weapons
- 4 Singleplayer Costumes
- 2 Multiplayer Costumes
- 4 Multiplayer Titles
- 2 Multiplayer Relics
- 4 Patron pictures

Would I then receive all that content on the PS4 version for the £9.99 upgrade fee?

If so then I'm all over it :)

Is that correct?

Layytez
10-12-2013, 01:27 PM
Can I sell the PS3 version once iv'e activated the PS4 version or must I always need the PS3 version in the PS4 to play?

FrankieSatt
10-12-2013, 02:12 PM
I'm a Microsoft loyalist. Plus I don't mind playing through a game multiple time's from scratch. In fact I do so regularly.

I play through my games multiple times as well. However, I do like to keep game saves so when I finish I can go back and mess around without having to play through the whole game again. If my game saves don't migrate than it's really useless to buy the game for the 360 if you are going to get it for the XBox One.

Biomedical-Fire
10-12-2013, 03:01 PM

PS4, its cheaper.Get it for PC.

pacmanate
10-12-2013, 06:07 PM
Get it for PC.

"Hi, I want to buy a new console".

Stealth Gamer92
10-12-2013, 06:40 PM
I play through my games multiple times as well. However, I do like to keep game saves so when I finish I can go back and mess around without having to play through the whole game again. If my game saves don't migrate than it's really useless to buy the game for the 360 if you are going to get it for the XBox One.

I guess I'm just more into the gameplay and chalenge than you all, in the sense I enjoy it to the point loseing my progress doesn't bug me so I am more than ok with haveing to play through again. I mean like SCB has just been out about 2 months and I have beat it and restarted it 12 times playing only on perfectionist.

Biomedical-Fire
10-12-2013, 07:54 PM
"Hi, I want to buy a new console".Point being made here is; get it for PC, console versions don't compare.

Layytez
10-12-2013, 11:56 PM
Point being made here is; get it for PC, console versions don't compare.
New consoles don't compare ?

Stealth Gamer92
10-14-2013, 01:07 AM
I did some research and guess what? Louisianna is excluded completely from the 9.99 upgrade program. How do you cut out a whole state and only the one state? They are prejudiced thats how. They hate coon-***'s thats how. :p

pacmanate
10-14-2013, 12:36 PM
Point being made here is; get it for PC, console versions don't compare.

Yet your point is irrelevant, because the person asked what console they should get, not if they should get a console or PC.

deskp
10-14-2013, 01:19 PM
Can I sell the PS3 version once iv'e activated the PS4 version or must I always need the PS3 version in the PS4 to play?

Nope You need the PS3 disc to play the game on ps4.

Unless you buy it digital on ps3 in wich case you dont have anything to sell.

Layytez
10-14-2013, 01:24 PM
Nope You need the PS3 disc to play the game on ps4.

Unless you buy it digital on ps3 in wich case you dont have anything to sell.

Really ? Dammit.

Mr_Shade
10-14-2013, 01:35 PM
Really ? Dammit.
It's a bonus offer - so keeping the disc is one of the conditions.

I'm sure this will be fully explained on the leaflet ;)

pacmanate
10-14-2013, 01:43 PM
It's a bonus offer - so keeping the disc is one of the conditions.

I'm sure this will be fully explained on the leaflet ;)

Do you know what its for? I know the disc is for basically saying you own the game, but is it a one time activation to download the PS4 version, or do you still need the PS3 disc in to load the PS4 version and play it?

What I mean is, after you use the PS3 disc for verification to start the PS4 download, can you then sell it?

Mr_Shade
10-14-2013, 02:01 PM
Do you know what its for? I know the disc is for basically saying you own the game, but is it a one time activation to download the PS4 version, or do you still need the PS3 disc in to load the PS4 version and play it?

What I mean is, after you use the PS3 disc for verification to start the PS4 download, can you then sell it?
You need the disc in to play the game - as far as I am aware.

I'm sure this will be clear when the offer goes live.

My understanding of the offer from Sony, is to allow an easy step up to PS4 - not to give games away for £9.99, so they might expect you to keep the original?

Layytez
10-14-2013, 02:07 PM
Gonna be kind of annoying when me and my bro both wanna play.

Mr_Shade
10-14-2013, 02:12 PM
Gonna be kind of annoying when me and my bro both wanna play.
if you want to play in different locations - you would need two copies anyway before the offer..?

If you want to play PS3 / PS4 - at the same time, you may have to buy another PS3 copy - [or just buy the PS4 retail?] however like I said, the official stance on it, will come from Sony.

Layytez
10-14-2013, 02:52 PM
I would of had two copies anyway but my bro would have sold his copy. Owell.

GnomerPile
10-14-2013, 06:12 PM
I plan on screwing Ubisoft over for screwing us N/A's over

ill just go to game stop trade my ps3 version in and get a phyiscal copy of the ps4 version for 10 bucks
this way they wont see any money when I upgrade

deskp
10-14-2013, 08:07 PM
You need the disc in to play the game - as far as I am aware.

I'm sure this will be clear when the offer goes live.

Playstation's ps4 sites already got very specific inforation on the upgrade program, including prices for updgrade in diferent countries. (only 75nok!!!!)

Mr_Shade
10-15-2013, 06:53 PM
Playstation's ps4 sites already got very specific inforation on the upgrade program, including prices for updgrade in diferent countries. (only 75nok!!!!)
indeed they do:

Disc-Based Step by Step Overview:

Step 1: Disc Only:

Step 1: Open an account on the PlayStation®Network (or log in to PlayStation®Network using your existing PlayStation®Network ID account).
Step 2: Select the PlayStation®Store icon on the PS3™ system home screen.
Step 3: On PlayStation®Store, select ‘Redeem Codes’ at the bottom of the menu.
Step 4: Enter the voucher code (“Code”) exactly as it appears on the voucher.
Step 5: Once the Code has been entered correctly, select ‘Continue’ on the dialog box.
Step 6: Select ‘Confirm’ to accept the Terms of Service.
Step 7: Select ‘Continue’ to complete Code redemption.
Step 8: The Code redemption is now complete. The Code cannot be used again or associated with a different SEN account. Once you have your PS4™ system, you can proceed with the next step.

Step 2: TO DOWNLOAD PS4™ VERSION OF GAME:

Step 1: On your PS4™ system, register the PS4™ system with the SEN account through which you redeemed the Code.
Step 2: Select the PlayStation®Store icon on the PS4™ system home screen.
Step 3: Search for the name of the game on PlayStation®Store and select ‘Purchase’ to download digital version of the same game to your PS4™ system hard drive. The discounted price will be deducted from your network wallet according to the Terms of Service and User Agreement.
Step 4: Insert the PS3™ game disc into your PS4™ system**.

**PS3™ game disc required to play digital version of the game on your PS4™ system.

See Promotion Restrictions for Each Game.

Digital-Based Step by Step Overview:

Digital Only:

Step 1: Buy or pre-order* the PS3™ digital version of the game from PlayStation®Store or Sony Entertainment Network Store.
Step 2: In PlayStation®Store or Sony Entertainment Network Store, find the PS4™ digital version of the game as soon as it becomes available. The special price will be available for accounts who purchased the PS3™ Digital version of the game from the PlayStation®Store.
Step 3: Buy or pre-order** the PS4™ digital version of the game at the special offer price. See Promotion Restrictions for Each Game.

*PS3™ games are available for purchase, and select PS3™ games are available for pre-order, from PlayStation®Store on your PS3™ system and Sony Entertainment Network Store on the internet.

**Select PS4™ games will be available for pre-order from PlayStation®Store on your PS3™ system and Sony Entertainment Network Store on the internet prior to the release of the PS4™ system. PS4™ games will be available for purchase from PlayStation®Store on your PS4™ system and Sony Entertainment Network Store on the internet after the release of the PS4™ system.

Biomedical-Fire
10-16-2013, 01:32 AM
I am so glad that I get mutli-plat games on my 360 then for my X1 and all I have to do is trade in my physical copy of the game for another physical copy. The PS3 just sits until an exclusive that I like comes along, just like my PS4 will do until April when Second Son comes out.

pacmanate
10-16-2013, 11:26 AM
I am so glad that I get mutli-plat games on my 360 then for my X1 and all I have to do is trade in my physical copy of the game for another physical copy. The PS3 just sits until an exclusive that I like comes along, just like my PS4 will do until April when Second Son comes out.

SS comes out in Feb

DSafrin
10-16-2013, 04:32 PM
Hi everyone, my first post here :)
I wanted to ask about the upgrade. I plan to get ps4 by the end of the year, but the deadline for upgrade is way before that - if I redeem my code from ps3 version before the deadline, will I be able to download ps4 version after the deadline? Also, when I do upgrade - will I be able to still play the ps3 version, or will it just become the ps4-only version?

Mr_Shade
10-16-2013, 05:21 PM
Hi everyone, my first post here :)
I wanted to ask about the upgrade. I plan to get ps4 by the end of the year, but the deadline for upgrade is way before that - if I redeem my code from ps3 version before the deadline, will I be able to download ps4 version after the deadline? Also, when I do upgrade - will I be able to still play the ps3 version, or will it just become the ps4-only version?
best to ask Sony support about the length of the offer, if it's not listed on their page?

Welcome to the forums :)

The only deadline I am aware of, is the use of the code - once it's registered it may be on your account forever - however you will have to check with Sony PSN support.

The PS3 disc, should still be useable in a PS3 console, should you have one else where, however you do need the disc in the PS4 to play AC4 via this offer.

DSafrin
10-16-2013, 06:05 PM
Thanks for the reply :) I'm gonna ask sony about details.
As for the "you do need the disc in the PS4 to play AC4 via this offer." I'm aware of that. I was just wondering if it will work on both consoles after the upgrade (I hope it will), or if it will work only on one of them.

EDIT: Found answer to one of my questions on sony's website, both versions will work. Now I only need to ask them one question :)

Mr_Shade
10-16-2013, 06:12 PM
Thanks for the reply :) I'm gonna ask sony about details.
As for the "you do need the disc in the PS4 to play AC4 via this offer." I'm aware of that. I was just wondering if it will work on both consoles after the upgrade (I hope it will), or if it will work only on one of them.
Nothing alters on the Disc, so as far as I am aware, the PS3 version 'should' continue to work, however Sony can confirm this for you :)

DSafrin
10-16-2013, 07:04 PM
Confirmed with sony that it will be possible to play on both consoles after the upgrade. I thought that would be logical, since (as you said) the disc remains the same, but wanted to doublecheck it anyway.
As for the second question, it seems I'm the first person who asked about it, so they told me to give them some time to figure it out :rolleyes: Once I get the anwser (they told me it should take about a week) I'll post it here in case anyone else is wondering if it would be possible to get the discount on ps4 version a bit later :)

Mr_Shade
10-16-2013, 07:38 PM
Confirmed with sony that it will be possible to play on both consoles after the upgrade. I thought that would be logical, since (as you said) the disc remains the same, but wanted to doublecheck it anyway.
As for the second question, it seems I'm the first person who asked about it, so they told me to give them some time to figure it out :rolleyes: Once I get the anwser (they told me it should take about a week) I'll post it here in case anyone else is wondering if it would be possible to get the discount on ps4 version a bit later :)
Thanks for the Update.

Sorry to sound like I didn't know what I was talking about - but Sony are doing the offer and as you found out - even they may need to check ;)

DSafrin
10-16-2013, 09:35 PM
That's fine - you did direct me to someone who will check it, so you did know what to say to help me ;) Thanks :) And I will post their reply as soon as I get it.

George_Rogue
10-17-2013, 10:52 PM
It means I can buy a disc on PS3 and update it on the PS4?
What about additional gaming bonuses? They in version PS4 will remain??? In what system should be activated?:eek:
Will this method work in Russia? :))

Mr_Shade
10-18-2013, 10:52 AM
It means I can buy a disc on PS3 and update it on the PS4?
What about additional gaming bonuses? They in version PS4 will remain??? In what system should be activated?:eek:
Will this method work in Russia? :))
Hi,

You should check with Sony Support if the offer is available in your country, since its a Sony offer.

George_Rogue
10-18-2013, 11:37 AM
And saves of the PS3 will be transferred to the PS4?

Mr_Shade
10-18-2013, 11:44 AM
And saves of the PS3 will be transferred to the PS4?
That is not something I am aware of, however Sony should be able to advise you - since you need PSN+ for online, it maybe a feature.

pacmanate
10-18-2013, 02:55 PM
You would think with less than a month til release they would tell us already :|

Biomedical-Fire
10-18-2013, 04:36 PM
SS comes out in FebGameStop has it listed for an April 2014 release along with an CE that really isn't that great.

pacmanate
10-18-2013, 11:11 PM
GameStop has it listed for an April 2014 release along with an CE that really isn't that great.

They are wrong, its February.

Mew323
10-22-2013, 04:28 PM
will the season pass transfer over from the PS3 to the PS4 edition as well?

pacmanate
10-22-2013, 04:33 PM
will the season pass transfer over from the PS3 to the PS4 edition as well?

Yup

STDlyMcStudpants
10-22-2013, 06:16 PM
October 29th :O

Mr_Shade
10-22-2013, 06:50 PM
October 29th :O
yeah...:)

Mew323
10-22-2013, 07:47 PM
Yup

awesome :D I might grab the Gold Edition for PS3 then since it doesn't look like I'll be able to get a PS4 until December

Cosmic_Rooster
10-24-2013, 11:08 AM
If you purchase a season pass for the PS3 version of Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag, you’ll be able to download the PS4 version for free. You’ll need to purchase the season pass for the PS3 version of Assassin’s Creed IV by May 31st, 2014, in order to take advantage of this deal.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/22/pre-order-ps4s-biggest-games-today/

Mr_Shade
10-25-2013, 01:51 PM
Please see the following for updated information on the Upgrade system and what it entitles you to:

When you buy a copy of Assassin’s Creed®IV Black Flag™ for PlayStation®3, for a limited time only you can download a PlayStation®4 digital copy of the game for an additional £9.99. This offer is available with both retail and digital copies of the PlayStation®3 game. If you have a retail copy, there is a code in the PlayStation®3 version of the game to redeem on the PlayStation®Store to download your PlayStation®4 digital copy.

You must retain your PlayStation®3 disc to play the upgraded PlayStation®4 version. Insert the original PlayStation®3 disc in the PlayStation®4 console to play the game. If you own a digital copy of the PlayStation®3 game, the PlayStation®4 digital download will automatically appear at the discounted price on the PlayStation®Store. Upgrade codes can be redeemed until March 31st, 2014.

Please note that the upgrade offer applies to the Digital Edition of the main game, including

Special Edition additional in-game content

The PlayStation®3 saved games, trophies and individual downloadable content, other ULC and pre-order content will not be carried across. However, owning the Season Pass on PlayStation® 3 will grant access to the corresponding downloadable content on PlayStation® 4.

Cosmic_Rooster
10-25-2013, 02:02 PM
Cheers for providing a definitive answer Mr_Shade, I was tempted to use the upgrade option but after much consideration and with all the uncertainty regarding what will carry over I plumped for the Black Chest Edition for the PS4. Sure I'll have to wait a month but I plan on taking my time and soaking up the higher resolution, next gen prettiness :p

DSafrin
10-25-2013, 02:24 PM
Please note that the upgrade offer applies to the Digital Edition of the main game, including

other ULC and pre-order content will not be carried across..[/I]

Wait, so if we get some in-game stuff in buccaneer edition or black chest... does it carry over or not? I'm confused. Is the content from those editions "Special Edition additional in-game content" or "pre-order content"?

EDIT:
Also, I got answer to my previous question.
IF anyone wants to get the discount for the upgrade, but is not planning to get the ps4 before the deadline for the upgrade program:
it is possible to redeem the code and buy the discounted game through ps store on pc. Then, once we have ps4 - it will be waiting in our downloads list.

Mr_Shade
10-25-2013, 03:28 PM
I am checking if possible what is meant by 'other ULC' - just so you guys are totally clear on what you get in the upgrade.

xiNFINITEoo
10-27-2013, 07:25 PM
Please see the following for updated information on the Upgrade system and what it entitles you to:

I know that trophies and save data doesn't carry over but will my Multiplayer Stats carry over from PS3 to PS4 ?

troysayshi
10-27-2013, 07:25 PM
My PS3 Black Chest is inbound tuesday.

My PS4 Black Chest is inbound shortly after.

Do I have to buy two season passes if I'm playing the game on two separate platforms concurrently. Or can I use one Season pass over the PS4 and PS3 respectively at the same time if it's linked to the same Ubi and PS store account.

xiNFINITEoo
10-27-2013, 07:28 PM

Do I have to buy two season passes if I'm playing the game on two separate platforms concurrently. Or can I use one Season pass over the PS4 and PS3 respectively at the same time if it's linked to the same Ubi and PS store account.

If you buy the Season Pass on PS3 it will be free when you upgrade to PS4.

Mr_Shade
10-28-2013, 02:06 PM

You may find you can only log in on one console - at a time - since you only paid once for it - and you are using the content twice at the same time - however best to ask support.
www.support.ubi.com

George_Rogue
10-29-2013, 05:47 PM
So, whether I will be able to port all additional content from the Buccaneer Edition edition from PS3 on PS4?:confused:

Mr_Shade
10-29-2013, 05:56 PM
So, whether I will be able to port all additional content from the Buccaneer Edition edition from PS3 on PS4?:confused:
Hi - please see the first post for details of what the offer contains.

George_Rogue
10-29-2013, 06:13 PM
Hi - please see the first post for details of what the offer contains.
Well I saw)) That is partially there will be a porting?

Mr_Shade
10-29-2013, 06:35 PM
Only content as listed will be available on the digital upgrade - it's the special edition of the game, any other content won't transfer, as it states.

lightlamp2
10-29-2013, 06:35 PM
Can anyone in the UK tell me if the PS3 version has the upgrade voucher in it? Is it in the case?

Mr_Shade
10-29-2013, 06:36 PM
Can anyone in the UK tell me if the PS3 version has the upgrade voucher in it? Is it in the case?
Hi,

All new retail copies should have the code in the box :)

bestscreenname
10-29-2013, 07:12 PM

SNIP

https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/FAQ.aspx?platformid=38&brandid=22&productid=4186&faqid=kA030000000ebZcCAI

Upgrade codes can be redeemed until January 31st 2014.

Don’t wait, pre-order your copy of Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag today. (http://www.assassinscreed.com/preorder)

Prices shown are UK - please visit you local Playstation.com site for local information.

The OP states the upgrade codes can be redeemed until March 31st, 2014 at the top but at the bottom of the post it says January 31st, 2014. The Playstation Blog lists January 31st so which is correct?

Mr_Shade
10-29-2013, 07:22 PM
Corrected.

bestscreenname
10-29-2013, 08:27 PM
Ok thanks. It actually lists the 3/31/2014 date in the Playstation store but I'm guessing they mixed it up with another title?
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/assassin%25E2%2580%2599s-creediv-black-flag-ps4-digital-upgrade/cid=UP0001-CUSA00010_00-B000000000000108?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=SEN|US|B|Games|Evergreen|Desktop|Tier +1|Exact&utm_term=playstation%20store&utm_content=sCIbNfWGL&pcrid=28213793922

Mr_Shade
10-29-2013, 10:10 PM
Ok thanks. It actually lists the 3/31/2014 date in the Playstation store but I'm guessing they mixed it up with another title?
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/assassin’s-creediv-black-flag-ps4-digital-upgrade/cid=UP0001-CUSA00010_00-B000000000000108?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=SEN|US|B|Games|Evergreen|Desktop|Tier +1|Exact&utm_term=playstation store&utm_content=sCIbNfWGL&pcrid=28213793922
I believe the error was made on both sides - since we did both originally say 31st March - the correct date is the 31st January 2014.

So, please be sure to redeem any codes ASAP - this also goes for the Avaline missions, since they also have an expire date.:)

George_Rogue
10-29-2013, 10:56 PM
That is, if I activate on the PS3 version an exclusive content and the seasonal pass which will be as for PS4, all this will enter into the set cost of update and automatically will appear on the digital PS4 version?

luism2008
10-30-2013, 06:51 AM
So it is correct that none of the levels or trophies will transfer from ps3 to ps4? that means getting all the weapons back in multiplayer? :(.. I dont do repeats.. (too much going on ;) ) I wish they would fix this for release date ;(

jayjay275
11-01-2013, 10:56 AM
Is this offer available at all retailers? Is amazon doing this offer? If I activate this code on the PS4, does the digital version expire after January 31st 2014, or does it remain on my HDD so I can carry on playing?
EDIT: + Do I redeem this code (Not the exclusive mission code, but the PS4 code) on the PSN store on the PS3?

Mr_Shade
11-01-2013, 01:20 PM
Is this offer available at all retailers? Is amazon doing this offer? If I activate this code on the PS4, does the digital version expire after January 31st 2014, or does it remain on my HDD so I can carry on playing?
EDIT: + Do I redeem this code (Not the exclusive mission code, but the PS4 code) on the PSN store on the PS3?
Hi

ALL retail versions of the PS3 disc should come with the code - it's an offer from Sony, as well as Ubisoft.

The time restriction is on redeeming the code - nothing more - so please make sure to redeem the code ASAP - this will then update your PSN account to allow you to purchase the PS4 game, at release for the reduced price.

You redeem the code on PS3 - via the PSN store - as per the instructions in the first post!

All content codes have an expiry date - the Aveline one does too - so make sure to redeem all of the codes, even if you don't plan to download / play - so you are sure of not loosing content!

I hope this is clear?

jayjay275
11-01-2013, 01:49 PM
Yep, thanks. :P

jayjay275
11-01-2013, 02:11 PM
Wait, sorry one last thing:
So it is only the code that expires - nothing else? So if I were to redeem this code before January 31st 2014, but did not have a PS4 until after January 31st 2014, the game will still be playable and will not expire?

Thanks.

jayjay275
11-02-2013, 02:32 PM
Redeemed it, but does the discount expire on the 31st of January 2014?

Mr_Shade
11-02-2013, 06:20 PM
We have been informed only the voucher expires - however please do contact Sony Support - to make sure it's applied to your account correctly, if you are not upgrading before.

jayjay275
11-02-2013, 06:42 PM
I have redeemed it, and it seems to be tied to my account, as I have checked in my services list. So I guess we'll wait and see. :-)
Cheers by the way.

MinoDan
11-03-2013, 12:53 AM
Why the hell would savegames and trophies not carry over? Is this a freakin joke?

DSafrin
11-03-2013, 11:38 AM

I have asked sony (in Poland) and they said yes, the discount expires as well. I asked this because I'm not gonna get ps4 before the deadline - but they said that it can be bought on ps store via pc and wait in the download list for when I get ps4 - so if you plan on getting ps4 later, that might be the solution to keep the discount ;)

Tyrhydion
11-03-2013, 08:22 PM
Dear all,

I am a happy owner of XBOX360 but I am not happy with the new XBOX-SPY-ON-YOU-Skype-and-TV-mashup aka XBOX ONE console, so I am considering Playstation 4 as my personal nextgen thing.

My question is, can I still use my èxisting Ubisoft account created on XBOX360 on PS4?

Black_Widow9
11-04-2013, 03:40 AM
Dear all,

I am a happy owner of XBOX360 but I am not happy with the new XBOX-SPY-ON-YOU-Skype-and-TV-mashup aka XBOX ONE console, so I am considering Playstation 4 as my personal nextgen thing.

My question is, can I still use my èxisting Ubisoft account created on XBOX360 on PS4?
Please see the OP.

You must retain your PlayStation®3 disc to play the upgraded PlayStation®4 version. Insert the original PlayStation®3 disc in the PlayStation®4 console to play the game. If you own a digital copy of the PlayStation®3 game, the PlayStation®4 digital download will automatically appear at the discounted price on the PlayStation®Store. Upgrade codes can be redeemed until January 31st, 2014.

Its seems to be console to console and you can't switch from 360 to PS4 with this program unless I'm incorrect.

Mr_Shade
11-04-2013, 01:39 PM
Dear all,

If you mean your Uplay account - then yes - you can link that.

It won't allow the upgrade offer or transfer of content though - as Black_widow points out - since you are going to a different format, however the Uplay account, can be used on any console - and will transfer any of your earned uplay reward points, just not the unlocks etc

Mr_Shade
11-04-2013, 04:40 PM
I have redeemed it, and it seems to be tied to my account, as I have checked in my services list. So I guess we'll wait and see. :-)
Cheers by the way.
Just got final clarification..

The voucher is valid til the 31st of March [as it says on it] - however you do need to buy the PS4 version by that date too!

You can do this via the PS4 or via the PSN store website.

RazorMonkey
11-04-2013, 11:38 PM

The voucher is valid til the 31st of March [as it says on it] - however you do need to buy the PS4 version by that date too!

Mr Shade, people dont read hahaha, like you said it is clearly written at the bottom of the voucher card, small but there, 'Must have PS4' etc etc (in my case as I use Sony not horrid MS) :D

Dunno if I'll be going PS4 on this as Im fully into it now on #3 and it looks grand indeed.

austin128
11-05-2013, 07:53 AM
So when you upgrade to the PS4 version, does it make the PS3 version not work anymore?

RazorMonkey
11-05-2013, 08:29 AM
So when you upgrade to the PS4 version, does it make the PS3 version not work anymore?

Why would u want it to? Ive read you dont lose any progress if thats what you mean.

austin128
11-05-2013, 03:52 PM
Why would u want it to? Ive read you dont lose any progress if thats what you mean.

No, I mean can I put the PS3 disc in my PS3 and play that copy after "upgrading"? And I'd want to so I would have a working physical copy. I'd rather retain ownership of the original product I bought than transfer my rights to a digital product.

RazorMonkey
11-05-2013, 07:53 PM
I guess so, I dont think the digital upgrade would effect the disk version.

HERO-767
11-05-2013, 07:55 PM
Can I move my ac4 multiplayer state from PS3 to PS4 ??

zero0151
11-06-2013, 05:13 PM
Hello Mr_Shade,

I saw it may have been asked already I am sorry if it has been. I am in the US so hopefully you can still help me out. I bought the PS3 Gold Edition on PSN. The Gold edition is the AC4 game and session pass with all of the DLC that comes with it. I saw that if you bought the season pass you will be automatically upgraded to the PS4. As well, the season pass will transfer. In that case one is to believe that I have everything that the PS3 has on the PS4. By saying that I mean of course the game and the season pass, but also all the things that the pre order PS3 copy had like the 3+ hour game play, and the Aveline Pack and such. Is this all correct?

Mr_Shade
11-06-2013, 08:21 PM
Hello Mr_Shade,

I saw it may have been asked already I am sorry if it has been. I am in the US so hopefully you can still help me out. I bought the PS3 Gold Edition on PSN. The Gold edition is the AC4 game and session pass with all of the DLC that comes with it. I saw that if you bought the season pass you will be automatically upgraded to the PS4. As well, the season pass will transfer. In that case one is to believe that I have everything that the PS3 has on the PS4. By saying that I mean of course the game and the season pass, but also all the things that the pre order PS3 copy had like the 3+ hour game play, and the Aveline Pack and such. Is this all correct?

Hi as listed in the OP, the upgrade edition is:

Special Edition additional in-game content: Sacrificed Secrets: Recover Captain Drake’s lost treasures, including golden flintlocks and cutlass when exploring the exotic island of Sacrifices.

The season pass carries over too, so you only buy it once - if you have it on PS3 - you get the season pass on PS4 for free.

You do need to pay for the PS4 upgrade offer, unless already part of your bundle, just so others are clear.

Alexonnavitch
11-09-2013, 12:11 PM
So as far as i can tell, there is no way of transferring your xbox 360 AC4 game data/progress to the xbox one, am i correct?

mrgrimezHD
11-09-2013, 03:43 PM
Do people actually read these threads?

So many people asking the same question and the answer is literally on page 1 and throughout. I feel sorry for you, Shade.

Black_Widow9
11-10-2013, 06:30 AM
Do people actually read these threads?

So many people asking the same question and the answer is literally on page 1 and throughout. I feel sorry for you, Shade.
Sometimes they do. We're used to it.... lol ;)

paulpliviu
11-10-2013, 05:47 PM
so if I upgrade I won't be able to receive to 2 SP missions from buccaneer edition ?(sacrifice island is also part of buccaneer edition but i saw that i will receive this)

and if the answer is NO..will those 2 missions be available to the season pass owners for free ?

KazikZOstrody
11-11-2013, 07:10 PM
As I have a plan to switch from X360 to ps4 so I have a question about how ACIV on PS4 really uses new gfx features of ps4 ? Will there be any change in visual experience in this game on PS4 vs X360 and PS3 ?

ladyleonhart
11-13-2013, 12:20 PM

I just redeemed my next-generation upgrade voucher and the expiry date says: 31st January 2014.

Then, the voucher and the purchase do need to be complete on or before this date.

Quite a small window. -__-

Anyway, just thought I'd mention this. I'm not sure if the date is different in other countries though... Well, it's definitely the end of January for UK customers.

pacmanate
11-13-2013, 12:43 PM
I just redeemed my next-generation upgrade voucher and the expiry date says: 31st January 2014.

Then, the voucher and the purchase do need to be complete on or before this date.

Anyway, just thought I'd mention this. I'm not sure if the date is different in other countries though... Well, it's definitely the end of January for UK customers.

Did you do this on your PS3's PSN? Probs a stupid question.

ladyleonhart
11-13-2013, 02:10 PM
Did you do this on your PS3's PSN? Probs a stupid question.

It's not a stupid question. It's fine. :)

Unfortunately, my PS3 is still having issues. -__- I tried it yesterday and it worked for an hour, and then I freaked out because it wouldn't turn back on long enough for my disc to eject. 20 minutes later, I managed to get it out, but I won't be trying that again. >_<

Anyway, I did this on the Sony Entertainment Network website: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/home/main

allisons006
11-14-2013, 08:28 AM
Ubisoft - Not sure if you read these but the hubby and I were talking about multiplayer last night and how cool it would be if it were open world. What if you could create your character, get a band of friends together as a crew of misfits and run around the world doing assassinations, fighting, taking ships, hunting for treasure, etc? Like GTA online with pirates!!!

RazorMonkey
11-14-2013, 09:22 AM
Ubisoft - Not sure if you read these but the hubby and I were talking about multiplayer last night and how cool it would be if it were open world. What if you could create your character, get a band of friends together as a crew of misfits and run around the world doing assassinations, fighting, taking ships, hunting for treasure, etc? Like GTA online with pirates!!!

Yeah like Farcry 3 coop with their 4 players but more, that games EPIC online, a 17th century open world would be even better

Supersoum
11-16-2013, 09:03 PM
So I did the PS3-PS4 upgrade. The game is working fine. I can see the Aveline mission in the main menu but I don't see anything about the Limited Edition bonus content. How can I verify that the content is indeed installed on my PS4? I was checking the outfit section and I don't see the Treasure Hunter Costume or the Golden Scimitars in the swords section.

austin128
11-16-2013, 10:45 PM
So I did the PS3-PS4 upgrade. The game is working fine. I can see the Aveline mission in the main menu but I don't see anything about the Limited Edition bonus content. How can I verify that the content is indeed installed on my PS4? I was checking the outfit section and I don't see the Treasure Hunter Costume or the Golden Scimitars in the swords section.
Could you see if the PS3 version still works for me?

Supersoum
11-16-2013, 10:51 PM
Could you see if the PS3 version still works for me?

Why wouldn't it work? It's not like the PS3 disc changed in any way when you redeem the upgrade code.

Mr_Shade
11-17-2013, 08:01 PM
Indeed - The PS3 disc will still work.. However you do need it to play the PS4 download version - The PS4 uses the PS3 disc for checking your entitlement to play :)

So, remember not to lend it out, if you wish to play AC4 on PS4 ;)

Re missing content, you should have the items as listed - some you may need to locate in the game world - so please check the support pages for info on this.

https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/FAQ.aspx?platformid=38&brandid=22&productid=4186&faqid=kA030000000eayyCAA

jayjay275
11-18-2013, 08:28 PM

Mine said the exact same thing on the services area... "EXPIRY: 31/01/14"

Mr_Shade
11-19-2013, 11:49 AM
According to my contacts - it should be the 31st of March, however maybe best redeem sooner rather than later just in case ;)

Savage Baird LE
11-20-2013, 09:54 PM
Any info on the Xbox One?

Supersoum
11-23-2013, 06:17 AM
Indeed - The PS3 disc will still work.. However you do need it to play the PS4 download version - The PS4 uses the PS3 disc for checking your entitlement to play :)

So, remember not to lend it out, if you wish to play AC4 on PS4 ;)

Re missing content, you should have the items as listed - some you may need to locate in the game world - so please check the support pages for info on this.

https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/FAQ.aspx?platformid=38&brandid=22&productid=4186&faqid=kA030000000eayyCAA

So I'm standing on the exact spot where the "Matched Golden Swords" chest is supposed to be and it's not there so clearly it looks like the Limited Edition DLC that I had with the PS3 version did not transfer to the PS4 version when I did the 10$ upgrade. How can I make sure that it is transfered properly?

fishhbowl
11-25-2013, 10:07 PM

Please note that the upgrade offer applies to the Digital Special Edition of the main game, including

/!\The PS3 game disk must be entered in the disk drive of the PS4 for the game to work.

/!\The PS4 version MUST be purchased on either the PS4 store or PC using the sony store - by the 31st of March to receive the discount. /!\

Mr Shade,

I've come across a few problems upon playing AC4 from PS3 to the PS4. The DLC bonuses which you've mentioned above did NOT carry over to my PS4 account. It says that I have purchased and installed the Season Pass, however the only change/items that were given to me, which were the bonus costumes, ship customization, etc. Could this be something you could help me with? I would greatly appreciate it.

On the other hand, I've come across some glitches on some game modes, wolfpack specifically. But I will post those on a different thread most likely.

Hope you can help, thank you and all the best on such great work!

kt

nzsinr
11-27-2013, 01:13 AM
I have the PS3 version of AC4, but ive since bought an Xbox One can i still make use of the upgrade?

JamJar502
11-28-2013, 07:02 PM
Can someone clarify the following:
If I spend the £9.99 now (with the PS3 version) and don't end up getting a Ps4 until June-July time, will the offer be void? Since I'm not going to be able to afford a PS4 anytime soon.

Mr_Shade
11-29-2013, 12:30 PM
I have the PS3 version of AC4, but ive since bought an Xbox One can i still make use of the upgrade?Hi,

I'm sorry, no - it's only valid for PS3 to PS4.

Can someone clarify the following:
If I spend the £9.99 now (with the PS3 version) and don't end up getting a Ps4 until June-July time, will the offer be void? Since I'm not going to be able to afford a PS4 anytime soon.
Best to ask Sony support - I know you have to purchase the game before the 31st of March - 2014 - however I don't know if you have to download it as well by that time.

Sony support should be able to advise you.

Mr_Shade
11-29-2013, 12:34 PM
Mr Shade,

I've come across a few problems upon playing AC4 from PS3 to the PS4. The DLC bonuses which you've mentioned above did NOT carry over to my PS4 account. It says that I have purchased and installed the Season Pass, however the only change/items that were given to me, which were the bonus costumes, ship customization, etc. Could this be something you could help me with? I would greatly appreciate it.

On the other hand, I've come across some glitches on some game modes, wolfpack specifically. But I will post those on a different thread most likely.

Hope you can help, thank you and all the best on such great work!

kt
Hi,

Only the DLC listed - will carry over - they should be part of the Special Edition download:

Sacrificed Secrets and Captain Kenway’s Legacy

Any items in the season pass - you may have to download again from the additional content menu, as you did when you first got the season pass.

If you have items from the season pass missing - or the items from the Special Edition, please contact support.

JamJar502
11-29-2013, 06:17 PM
Best to ask Sony support - I know you have to purchase the game before the 31st of March - 2014 - however I don't know if you have to download it as well by that time.

Sony support should be able to advise you.

I've fired off an email to Sony support, once they reply I'll put their response in this thread, just in case anyone else wants to know.

ladyleonhart
11-29-2013, 07:20 PM
I've fired off an email to Sony support, once they reply I'll put their response in this thread, just in case anyone else wants to know.

Thank you. :) I was actually wondering about that as well, since I'm going to be replacing my PS3 instead. Then, I've redeemed the code and I was planning to buy the upgrade before the expiry date too. Well, if the offer is void if you don't download it by that date too, then that's money I'd rather spend elsewhere. They really should have made it a bit clearer though. Anyway, thanks again. :)

JamJar502
11-30-2013, 12:06 AM
I don't expect a reply until Monday, but you never know. They may surprise me.

RobertMcSassin
11-30-2013, 04:37 AM
Hallo...*Waves*...Ah-a...

Um...Aaaamywho...

I got me PS4...Eventually got to the store...Redeemed the code...Aaaaaand...

Nothing...

Apparently it's unavailable...It's not the only thing on the store that's listed as unavailable...But nevertheless, is the only thing I want that is unavailable...

Anyone else having trouble?...Or is it just me?...Any hints?...

I'm assuming that now I've entered the code it's void now, so hey-ho...

Anyways, cheers and all...

JamJar502
12-01-2013, 02:29 PM
Right, I got a reply (Kind of) from Sony support, saying the following:

Hi James,
Thanks for your e-mail about PlayStation 4 (PS4).

I can see from your e-mail that you'd like some information about the PlayStation 3 to PS4 game upgrade promotion. More information about this can be found here (http://uk.playstation.com/ps4upgrade/).

I hope that this information is useful. Should you have any further queries please call PlayStation Support on 0844 736 0595, quoting reference 3472885, where one of our team will be happy to help you. You’ll find our opening times below, however you might find it easier to speak to our team during our quieter period between 11:00 and 15:00. Calls to PlayStation Support cost 4p per minute from a BT land line however calls from other providers and mobile operators may vary.

Thank you,

Charlotte
PlayStation Support

So pretty much a non-answer, but the link they provided me http://uk.playstation.com/ps4upgrade/ (http://uk.playstation.com/ps4upgrade/) says " simply redeem your code, then download your digital copy when your PS4 system arrives." .So nothing about a download date, so I'd assume that as long as you redeem the code before 31st march 2014, you're good to go.

ladyleonhart
12-02-2013, 04:33 PM
@JamJar502: Thank you. :) Lol, that's usually the case. :p Well, it does sound like it doesn't matter as long as you've purchased it. So... I purchased it today. Now, only time will tell.

For anyone wondering if you can still play the game in your PS3 after purchasing the PS4 digital version, the answer is yes:

Will I still be able to play on the PS3 version once the PS4 version has been activated?
Yes. The PS3 game will continue to function on PS3.

Source: http://uk.playstation.com/psn/support/ps3/detail/linked648169/item648212/Digital-Upgrade-Programme-frequently-asked-questions/

JamJar502
12-02-2013, 07:15 PM
I'm probably going to buy it in a few days time, but as you said, time will tell. At least it isn't another £40 or something stupid. If it doesn't work by the time I've got a PS4 the PS4 version of AC4 would have dropped in price anyway.

bestheelever
12-03-2013, 02:16 AM
I got the PS3 version, got the season pass & did the upgrade however I can't download the season pass to my PS4. Everytime I click on it I get asked for £15.99. Any ideas about why this is happning?

Travis_608
12-04-2013, 05:35 PM
every time I play AC4 Black Flag on my PS4 I get an in game error while playing the story and can not connect to uplay or online game.... Can anybody help me out plz and thank you? I can not connect my PSN account to my uplay account every time I login to uplay and try to link accounts I get an (opps! an error occurred) on uplay website.... ._.

Ferforator
12-16-2013, 05:10 AM
Hello everyone,

First, Im sorry if my english is bad. Maybe you can help me, I bought the AC4BF disc for ps3 and purchased the season pass and some of the "time saver dlc" the collectibles, activities and resources. When I upgraded my game for ps4 system, I get the season pass and its content to download but not the times savers I bought before. They appear as if I didnt purchase them. Do I have to buy them again for ps4? thank you very much.

Ferforator
12-16-2013, 07:05 AM

Hi,

First, Im sorry if my english is bad. Maybe you can help me, I bought the AC4BF disc for ps3 and purchased the season pass and some of the "time saver dlc" the collectibles, activities and resources. When I upgraded my game for ps4 system, I get the season pass and its content to download but not the times savers I bought before. They appear as if I didnt purchase them. Do I have to buy them again for ps4? thank you very much.

potski_25
12-22-2013, 06:32 AM
Hello. i recently bought a ps4 and was trying to upgrade my ps3 version for next gen. i bought the retail copy with the disc. only problem is i cant find the code. the only codes in the packaging were the aveline dlc and weapons pack and the uplay passport voucher. if it means anything my copy of the game is R3 (asian) Any help would be awesome. cheers guys and happy holidays! :)

Kirokill
12-22-2013, 06:49 PM
Slight question, say I got the PS4. And instead of upgrading I got the game as a retail copy and a gift, will the season pass also carry over?