PDA

View Full Version : Tournament of Asha

KnightErrante
10-11-2013, 04:13 AM
What is the Tournament of Asha?
I just started the PvP world this morning. Why are the tears being given out? Why were the tears in the last tournament destroyed. How do you obtain 13 tears if they are destroyed? The guide only mentions 3 ways to obtain a tear (Domination, Wealth, Honor), and you have to dig, create, or fight for the tears, but doesn't mention that the tears are given out. I didn't find anything in the Guide, Wiki, or your Beginner's Questions or Tutorials. How many tournaments are there? Do all tournaments last 7 days? How do you win at this game, is it with 13 tears, or 13 grail structures?

AndreanDW
10-11-2013, 08:02 AM
the wiki is not up to date, you can only read the last 30 dev journals ...

dre.maa
10-11-2013, 08:12 PM
The end game of the PvP worlds has changed. Instead of obtaining 13 tears and building 13 grails and controlling them for two weeks, there is now a "Tournament of Asha." Basically, there are tears given out to all alliances (supposed to be Level 4 or higher-but there are reports that lower level ones get grails as well). You get 2k points a day for your grail being built and surviving. You get 2k points for your grail surviving to the end of the round (each round lasts 7 days). You get 10k points for destroying another alliance's grail. You can only attack an alliance that is 1 rank above or 1 rank below your own in tournament ranking (the normal ranking is meaningless for this part of the game). You cannot attack a grail until your alliance has built their grail.

The ranks are here for the tournament:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/794947-Alliance-Ranks

You win the game by reaching rank 10 in Tournament Ranking. There are as many tournaments as there needs to be to reach the winning score (we are on round 13 on my current PvP world...the top alliance is rank 8, the next is rank 7, 3 teams are at rank 6, one is at rank 5, one at rank 4, three rank threes, one rank 1 and the rest are at rank 0). The rank 8 alliance can only attack/be attacked by the rank 7 alliance, the rank 7 alliance can attack/be attacked by the rank 6 and 8 alliances, etc. Each person in your alliance is allowed to build the grail one round.

KnightErrante
10-12-2013, 04:01 AM
Thanks for the info.
The new rules should cut down on cheating Can the "3 teams at rank 6" attack each other, or can all 3 attack ranks 7 & 5?

If I read you correctly, and each alliance player can only build a grail once, then are alliances frozen during the tournaments? Or, can a player who built a grail for one alliance then move to a different alliance a build a grail for them? Or would the player be able to change alliances, but just not build another grail?

If an alliance gets to choose which player builds the grail, do they get to choose where the tear shows up? Or does the tear appear in a player's first town.

So, if the normal ranking is meaningless during the Tournament of Asha, if everyone were to build their grail at the same time, then everyone's rank would be the same, and all of the competing alliances can attack each other. That must be a bloodbath.

Edit: Strike that last part. It looks like the ranking is cumulative, so it's probably not a free-for-all brawl (except for the first round).

zamz
10-12-2013, 10:09 AM
all 6 rank alliances can attack alliances ranked 5-7. U can move to another alliance and build there also (build one tear for each alliance). Shouldnt work if u return to alliance where u already built. 1st alliance to hit rank 7 gets 10k points, 2nd gets 5k points, so 1st alliance will win if no grails are destroyed. And yes player can chooce which town he puts the tear in. Tkes only about 1h to build and barely any resources (not sure if there are any town lvl requirements this time)

dre.maa
10-12-2013, 02:13 PM
Thanks for the info.
1. The new rules should cut down on cheating Can the "3 teams at rank 6" attack each other, or can all 3 attack ranks 7 & 5?

2. If I read you correctly, and each alliance player can only build a grail once, then are alliances frozen during the tournaments? Or, can a player who built a grail for one alliance then move to a different alliance a build a grail for them? Or would the player be able to change alliances, but just not build another grail?

3. If an alliance gets to choose which player builds the grail, do they get to choose where the tear shows up? Or does the tear appear in a player's first town.

4. So, if the normal ranking is meaningless during the Tournament of Asha, if everyone were to build their grail at the same time, then everyone's rank would be the same, and all of the competing alliances can attack each other. That must be a bloodbath.

Edit: Strike that last part. It looks like the ranking is cumulative, so it's probably not a free-for-all brawl (except for the first round).

1. At rank 6, you can attack ranks 5, 6, and 7 (as zamz said). I don't know how it if/how it has cut down on cheating.

2. Alliances are not frozen during the tournament. You are free to do whatever you like, the only thing you can't do is attack a grail town that is not within 1 rank of your alliance's rank. Armies still move with 2x speed from a grail town as far as I know. 4 ruins appear near each grail town and will send a scouting report about any army coming out.

3. zamz answered...chosen player gets it in his mailbox like a rank or vestige reward and can choose where it goes.

4. You are correct in saying that the first round is much more hectic than later rounds. There have been some rounds where no one has attacked anyone, but the first few rounds had many more attacks.

TamaraJLiddell
10-14-2013, 12:07 PM
What I require of my alliance members is.
Grail city that is chosen must have:
1) lvl 5 magic building,
2) lvl 15 or higher city
3) City fortifications - castle.
4) must not have held the tear before. (This is only after the first round or two)

This is for the grail cities( the cities that hold the Tear). How much of this is required according to the rules, I don't remember.

rulybaby
12-07-2015, 06:01 AM
yes, I learned to play this game should not really get it