PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed 5 my idea

ME_2K11
10-10-2013, 09:56 PM
If Ubisoft make a 5th Assassins Creed I hope it is not further in time i think that if they add more guns it will ruin it and i had an idea that Assassin's creed 5 could be based around a samurai during the there rise or there fall i think it would make a good addition to the franchise and make it a bit more culturally diverse. plz post thoughts on my idea

Stealth Gamer92
10-10-2013, 10:02 PM
So a ninja? Sounds like it could work.

All a ninja is(as far as I know) to a big degree is a failed or honorless samurai who fights by dishonorable means. Sneaking up for back stabing throat cutting poisoning etc.

adventurewomen
10-10-2013, 10:11 PM
There will be a AC5 no doubt about that, so lets leave the "if". :D

Hmm.. your idea does sound interesting however Ubisoft are well into development for AC5 currently.

GreySkellig
10-10-2013, 10:28 PM
Ubi has said several times that they will not make a Japanese samurai/ninja game. However, I do think that something set during the Meiji Restoration would be interesting. The Satsuma Rebellion would be fascinating, setting a small group of samurai against a modern army. Fits AC aesthetics. But it's already been covered in the movie The Last Samurai. To be honest, if there were going to be a Far Eastern AC game, I'd love it to be in China. We've all seen the amazing fan art that went around a few months ago, and there are dozens of suitable settings.

Rugterwyper32
10-10-2013, 10:54 PM
Honestly, if they go anywhere related to the Far East, one thing I'd love to see is the Japanese Invasions of Korea in the late 1500, with Seoul and Pyongyang, and maybe Busan, as main cities in Korea, and Kyoto for Japan (ending with taking down Hideyoshi in Fushimi Castle which leads to the end of the war). I think that would be rather interesting if done right, and Korea would be an interesting location to visit plus it's not used as often. Wouldn't be the first time Ubisoft has a game with a Korea setting, though, thank you Chaos Theory.

swordxslash
10-11-2013, 01:54 AM
lets see. "my idea" only it was brought up a gazillion times by a larger amount of people than Cesare's Borgia's illegitimate children. your idea is not even fleshed out or anything, you just said "hey lets go to the far east, because it's good" and that's it. I'd gladly give thoughts on "your" idea, but...there's nothing to be discussed even. Far east? yes or no...poof.

STDlyMcStudpants
10-11-2013, 08:15 AM
No
Nothing past early 1800s and nothing east of India ;D
No..you know what? Scratch that.
I'm officially saying I don't give a crap WHERE we go.....
I want to focus on when we go and why we go...
(Keep in mind the religious roots of this series)
Why should we do Samurai?
When there are a billion more interesting moments and figures in history that cartoons haven't been all over for the past 13 years....

Lowly Assassin
10-11-2013, 08:53 AM
If Ubisoft make a 5th Assassins Creed I hope it is not further in time i think that if they add more guns it will ruin it and i had an idea that Assassin's creed 5 could be based around a samurai during the there rise or there fall i think it would make a good addition to the franchise and make it a bit more culturally diverse. plz post thoughts on my idea

i dont think the fall of the samurai is a good idea as that happened in around 1873 when the Emperor Meiji revoked the samurais rights and attempted to begin modernisation, (as seen in the hollywood move "The Last Samurai" and there seem to be alot more guns in this era, what's wrong with china as a setting? why do people always pick japan?
why not pick tibet or mongolia or bhurma, or laos or well anywhere around thaere has just as wonderous a culture and history

my main concern with pciking japan is that as far as one main view of history shows, japan chose to be a lone independant state, much as china did and was, but moreso; throughtout history, it was difficult for anyone not familar with there custom to enter yet alone trade, ad because it was so hard to get in and out ofjapan (and in many respects china) then there was not the knowledge base of there customs to build on and pass dow to future generation,
so what i am trying to establish is, a closed culture like japan, allowing foreignersto set up base and run big offices from within there countries,
there is also a period (a rather substantial period) of japanesehistory, where the only people permitted to carry weapons where the samurai, and the position of samurai would only be granted to a land owner, so the assassins and templars in this idea of history, would have to be "servants" of land owners,,
although it does appear as though the ninja's are in a completely different class and world too the samurai
and for these very confusing reasons(most of which i just made up completely out of thin air;) ) i don't think it would work

Lowly Assassin
10-11-2013, 08:55 AM
No
When there are a billion more interesting moments and figures in history that cartoons haven't been all over for the past 13 years....
i agree alot
samurai after all is not a key event in time, it is a time period stretching from circa 721 to circa 1873
not a volatile key moment in the development and progression of humankind in its battle for peace vs freedom or freedom vs peace (depending on which side of the fence you are on)

Lowly Assassin
10-11-2013, 08:55 AM
No
i agree alto
samurai after all is not a key event in time, it is a time period stretching from circa 721 to circa 1873
not a volatile key moment in the development and progression of humankind in its battle for peace vs freedom or freedom vs peace (depending on which side of the fence you are on)

hey guys lets go to erm Russia, around the time of Rasputin, he got poisoned right, i'm sure they can make an entire game out of one death
or the cold war soviet Russia vs USA
why not the time period of circa 1478 and the Spanish inquisition, all those witches to hunt down and burn or save
the period of ad around the life of Jesus Christ
around 570-672 the life of Muhammad
or the fall of Greece, circa 6-800 ad
pick anything, be original
gamers will either love it or they wont, its that simple

johnrimmer1998
10-11-2013, 04:53 PM
To be honest they are probably already making AC5 so it doesn't really matter anyway.
As well Ubisoft have said they are probably going to stay away from Fuedal Japan as it is already done by many video games, so don't get your hopes up.

Black_Widow9
10-12-2013, 01:25 AM
Please use this Topic for future AC games.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/758424

Thanks