PDA

View Full Version : What do you do to pass the time until AC4?

FR0ZENZiNE
10-10-2013, 01:13 AM
I'm watching all Breaking Bad seasons (yeah, shame on me), and gonna play Batman arkham origins & Battlefield 4. And you?

I-Like-Pie45
10-10-2013, 01:15 AM
what begins with f, has an a in the middle, ends with p

Fling soda pop! :D

Jexx21
10-10-2013, 01:17 AM
Blacklist, Arkham Origins, Fallout 3.

TV: weekly doses of "The Blacklist," "Agents of SHIELD," "Person of Interest," "Supernatural," "Arrow," and watching "Fringe."

SixKeys
10-10-2013, 01:23 AM
Study. :(

adventurewomen
10-10-2013, 01:23 AM
I'm a grad student working on my Masters so I don't have time to play AC4 sadly. Looks like I'll have to wait until at least till January or later around Spring break to play AC4.

So I might be away from the forums to avoid spoilers.

Assassin_Banana
10-10-2013, 01:25 AM
Study and work to survivie, what else? seriously :D

phoenix-force411
10-10-2013, 01:29 AM
I play Mass Effect 3 MP and SP a lot. Kills time..... To be honest, I'm not really waiting, but I did pre-order it...

BATISTABUS
10-10-2013, 01:29 AM
Homework and play Super Smash Bros. Melee.

I recently replayed all of the ACs in chronological order before AC3 came out, so if that wasn't only a year ago, I'd probably be doing that.

LoyalACFan
10-10-2013, 01:48 AM
Study. :(

This and GTA5 ;)

Stealth Gamer92
10-10-2013, 02:10 AM
Blacklist, AC2(only AC game I own unfortunately), Pirates The Legend of Black Cat. NCIS, Agents of SHIELD, and Sleepy Hollow TV-wise.

Megas_Doux
10-10-2013, 02:13 AM
College.....

STDlyMcStudpants
10-10-2013, 02:32 AM
Borderlands 2
Preparing my character for the Epic Loot Hunt going on from October 11 until November 7th
(Yeah I have 1 more day, Only level 26 lol)
but 50k is on the line (real cash) plus 50k of other prizes lol
Worth it ;)

k4Anarky2011
10-10-2013, 02:39 AM
Assassin training! :o
... And studying. :(

Oh and music (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSb-9Pe96NE). And a lot of day dreaming.

pacmanate
10-10-2013, 03:30 AM
Studying and carrying on with my life...

Empyreal Light
10-10-2013, 03:32 AM
College , GTAV , and Black Ops 2 :)

pirate1802
10-10-2013, 05:11 AM
Borderlands 2
Preparing my character for the Epic Loot Hunt going on from October 11 until November 7th
(Yeah I have 1 more day, Only level 26 lol)
but 50k is on the line (real cash) plus 50k of other prizes lol
Worth it ;)

How far do you have to level up for that loot?

x___Luffy___x
10-10-2013, 05:28 AM
now BF4 Beta and later BF4 when it releases... also watching Tv Series.

STDlyMcStudpants
10-10-2013, 05:48 AM
How far do you have to level up for that loot?
I'm not sure...
It isn't really about the level you are..im just trying to progress in the story as far as i can because you have to kill bosses for a certain weapon and then work with the community to kill (X) enemy (y) ammount of times with this weapon
Im not sure which boss they would go to..im sure they progress every week (Highest boss in the game is a level 50.., you meet him in a sidequest towards the end of the game..designed to take 4 players to beat)I don't think they will go that far though...
I'd say Level 25 is a comfortable place to want to be before week 2 is over :D
I know that Week 1 (or day 1) is the first boss you fight as soon as you start the game and meet clap trap
Im sure the enemy we have to kill as a community will be like 1 million Raaks or BullyMong since both of those enemies are the first non human enemies you face :)
And Im pretty sure it will last for a week (4 weeks long, new boss and new enemies every week)
Im almost positive it will go weekly lol BUT you are allowed up to 28 spots in the drawing 1 for everyday it will last..so not sure if there will be new weapon every day or you just have to contribute to the weekly number every day,

Aphex_Tim
10-10-2013, 06:00 AM
I'm a grad student working on my Masters so I don't have time to play AC4 sadly. Looks like I'll have to wait until at least till January or later around Spring break to play AC4.

So I might be away from the forums to avoid spoilers.

I'm pretty much in the same position. I also want to wait until I can get a PS4 before playing AC4.

STDlyMcStudpants
10-10-2013, 06:05 AM
It just smacked me across the face tonight...
I was walking my mail out to the mailbox to ship..I see brown leaves all over the ground and I just smiled and said "It's Assassins Creed Season"
I am officially excited :D

roostersrule2
10-10-2013, 07:07 AM
Eat.

DisbandedBox359
10-10-2013, 12:03 PM
I've been replaying the series but finished tokw last week and need something else now haha.

ladyleonhart
10-10-2013, 01:03 PM
I played ACI and now I am replaying ACIII to keep everything fresh in my mind. ;)

Kaschra
10-10-2013, 02:23 PM
Well, I'm replaying all the other AC games in order.
I just finished Revelations like 3 days ago, so only AC3 remains to be played :)

Layytez
10-10-2013, 03:14 PM
Some coding on Adobe, some drawing, some music in Logic for my game classes and playing AC3.

silvermercy
10-10-2013, 03:24 PM
Stare at the wall.

Farlander1991
10-10-2013, 03:24 PM
Live a life? :p

... I guess that sounds kinda patronizing :D But I dunno. Stuff. Working. Spending time with my girlfriend. Doing side-projects. Play games when I can (whatever I'm going to feel like playing). There's really no other way to sum that up :p

pirate1802
10-10-2013, 03:37 PM
Stare at the wall.

This. I stare at the wall too. Its so..serene and enchanting!

Farlander1991
10-10-2013, 03:39 PM
Well, sitting at a computer while staring at a wall seems mighty uncomfortable to me :-/

xboxauditore
10-10-2013, 04:13 PM
Eating Doritos while watching gameplay videos.

ze_topazio
10-10-2013, 04:33 PM
I'm playing inFamous 2.

ArabianFrost
10-10-2013, 04:44 PM
Exams. Lots and lots of juicy summer-school exams. IGCSE Elite master race, biches.

comaamen86
10-10-2013, 05:29 PM
masturbate whilst being watched by badgers

STDlyMcStudpants
10-10-2013, 06:11 PM
Live a life? :p

... I guess that sounds kinda patronizing :D But I dunno. Stuff. Working. Spending time with my girlfriend. Doing side-projects. Play games when I can (whatever I'm going to feel like playing). There's really no other way to sum that up :p

You kept a girlfriend after the GTA fiasco of September 2013?

AnthonyA85
10-10-2013, 06:45 PM
I browse the net mainly, read fanfiction, play AC2 and AC1 from time to time, and researching possibilities for system upgrades, and trying to decide whether or not i should invest in a Avermedia Gamer Portable or stick with MSI Afterburner

eifere
10-10-2013, 06:48 PM
I'm playing GTA V. Now I'm a big fan of Trevor :D

Sigv4rd
10-12-2013, 07:26 AM
http://www.houseofmysterioussecrets.com/images/D/shining%20jack%20frozen.jpg
I've arranged to be thawed out when AC4/Watchdogs are available...

shobhit7777777
10-12-2013, 07:31 AM
Arrow, Person of Interest, Masterchef Australia.....Arkham Origins.

pirate1802
10-12-2013, 07:35 AM
Replaying all the ACs.

shobhit7777777
10-12-2013, 07:42 AM
Replaying all the ACs.

Except AC3

I'm doing the same...just installed AC1..playing with 0 HUD

AC2 is next. Then ACR

pirate1802
10-12-2013, 09:00 AM
Yeah.. not sure if I'll play AC3 either. That godawful optimization ... When you stand at Boston harbour and the framerates are like slideshows you want to bash you head into the display.

I always have all the ACs installed on my system though, just started AC1 and reached Damascus. Teh beauty..

shobhit7777777
10-12-2013, 10:07 AM
Yeah.. not sure if I'll play AC3 either. That godawful optimization ... When you stand at Boston harbour and the framerates are like slideshows you want to bash you head into the display.

I always have all the ACs installed on my system though, just started AC1 and reached Damascus. Teh beauty..

Just finished the Damascus assassination. Playing without the HUD is truly a different and much more immersive experience...not to mention more satisfying.

Yeah..AC1 is a strikingly beautiful game....very atmospheric. The lighting separates it from the others....the harsh golden sun...the cloud cover. Plus the sounds of the city.

Elebro2011
10-12-2013, 10:25 AM
Ac3 mp. :)

lothario-da-be
10-12-2013, 11:24 AM
I have been playing infamous 2 and red dead redemption lately. with some bioshock 2 MP.

pirate1802
10-12-2013, 12:12 PM
Exactly Shobhit. That lighting.. I've been amazed by how good that game still looks after seven years.

pacmanate
10-12-2013, 01:49 PM
How do you even find your objective with the HUD off :s

AherasSTRG
10-12-2013, 02:24 PM
Splinter Cell Blacklist, while waiting for an opportunity to grab Arkham City. I also have an urge to replay AC1.

avk111
10-12-2013, 02:58 PM
PoKemoin guys common, have you forgot all about that ?

The best game ever.

shobhit7777777
10-12-2013, 05:13 PM

http://www.caaquaculture.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/brain.png

Listen to the Assassin handler at the Bureau. Keep your eyes open and ears peeled. You won't even need viewpoints. Its fantastic.

pacmanate
10-12-2013, 05:22 PM
http://www.caaquaculture.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/brain.png

Listen to the Assassin handler at the Bureau. Keep your eyes open and ears peeled. You won't even need viewpoints. Its fantastic.

Firstly, no idea what that picture is. Secondly, is it that easy? Im sure its only like that cause you know what too look for?

Sturnz0r
10-12-2013, 06:21 PM
yea, these hardcore no hud gamers have played the game once or twice before

Jexx21
10-12-2013, 06:24 PM
Firstly, no idea what that picture is. Secondly, is it that easy? Im sure its only like that cause you know what too look for?
...you never saw a picture of the brain before?

dxsxhxcx
10-12-2013, 06:27 PM
playing Fallout: New Vegas and Volgarr the Viking

I-Like-Pie45
10-12-2013, 06:34 PM
...you never saw a picture of the brain before?

because he has none :p

Locopells
10-12-2013, 07:06 PM
Blacklist, Arkham Origins, Fallout 3.

TV: weekly doses of "The Blacklist," "Agents of SHIELD," "Person of Interest," "Supernatural," "Arrow," and watching "Fringe."

Most of this...

pirate1802
10-12-2013, 07:34 PM

What Shobhit said. I listened to the Rafiq and climbed up the nearest viewpoint. From there I spotted the Souk. the madrasa and the garden areas. Went there and did the investigation. Actually it feels very organic and lifelike to do it without the hud just following instructions. Its my first no-hud play and I'm loving it.

In any case you have the pause menu map, its just not on screen.

Shahkulu101
10-12-2013, 08:33 PM
Entertainment wise; Playing GTA V(for an inhuman amount of time), FIFA and perhaps some Uncharted or TLoU. It's really not far away now anyway! :D

I-Like-Pie45
10-12-2013, 08:35 PM
troll spoils

xryanx28
10-12-2013, 08:35 PM
It just smacked me across the face tonight...
I was walking my mail out to the mailbox to ship..I see brown leaves all over the ground and I just smiled and said "It's Assassins Creed Season"
I am officially excited :D

I had that feeling for ac3 since they showed alot of winter/snow gameplay but since this is a hot steamy jungle game i dont have that feeling at all =(

Kit572
10-12-2013, 10:49 PM
I'm watching Friends and murdering people in Splinter Cell: Blacklist. Sometimes I'm murdering people in Fallout: New Vegas.

Oh yeah, and I'm also trying to get 100% synchronization in AC3 to unlock Altair's armor, it's a tradition of mine to unlock Altair's armor in every single AC game.

shobhit7777777
10-12-2013, 11:11 PM

See below:

What Shobhit said. I listened to the Rafiq and climbed up the nearest viewpoint. From there I spotted the Souk. the madrasa and the garden areas. Went there and did the investigation. Actually it feels very organic and lifelike to do it without the hud just following instructions. Its my first no-hud play and I'm loving it.

In any case you have the pause menu map, its just not on screen.

I last played AC1 in......2008, IIRC

Playing without the HUD immediately ramps up the immersion by 200% and also makes the whole climb-tower-unlock-missions stuff actually mean something. The game just falls into place.

With the GPS and mini-map, the act of climbing viewpoints and then syncing becomes a purely mechanical act devoid of any thinking because it simply pops up new icons on the map to which you set your marker to and then beeline towards it.

The basic idea was to let the player experience how Altair would - like a bird of prey - get a vantage point...unearth locations of interest and get a lay of the land. It was a navigational tool. Without the HUD and the Markers, what happens is that you, the player are required to climb up and then locate areas which are of interest (as told to you by the handler). Therefore when the rafiq says "souk to the west" you need to manually locate a souk to the west and move there...and then searching for potential clues.

The GPS removes the need to pay attention and to locate the markers. The syncing of viewpoints is directly related to investigations popping up and hence is directly related to progression. Since there is hardly any thinking involved in this task....it becomes a menial chore. Removing this elements reduces it into a dry exercise of repetition.

When you're forced to pay attention, remember things, keep your eyes and ears peeled....then the game takes on a whole new life. Climbing viewpoints becomes an organic aspect and you do it because it is a tactically useful feature.....not just a mechanical grind.

I urge everyone to experience AC1 this way.....it really makes the game that much more interesting.

Kit572
10-12-2013, 11:15 PM
See below:

Playing without the HUD immediately ramps up the immersion by 200% and also makes the whole climb-tower-unlock-missions stuff actually mean something. The game just falls into place.

With the GPS and mini-map, the act of climbing viewpoints and then syncing becomes a purely mechanical act devoid of any thinking because it simply pops up new icons on the map to which you set your marker to and then beeline towards it.

The basic idea was to let the player experience how Altair would - like a bird of prey - get a vantage point...unearth locations of interest and get a lay of the land. It was a navigational tool. Without the HUD and the Markers, what happens is that you, the player are required to climb up and then locate areas which are of interest (as told to you by the handler). Therefore when the rafiq says "souk to the west" you need to manually locate a souk to the west and move there...and then searching for potential clues.

The GPS removes the need to pay attention and to locate the markers. The syncing of viewpoints is directly related to investigations popping up and hence is directly related to progression. Since there is hardly any thinking involved in this task....it becomes a menial chore. Removing this elements reduces it into a dry exercise of repetition.

When you're forced to pay attention, remember things, keep your eyes and ears peeled....then the game takes on a whole new life. Climbing viewpoints becomes an organic aspect and you do it because it is a tactically useful feature.....not just a mechanical grind.

I urge everyone to experience AC1 this way.....it really makes the game that much more interesting.

I agree, the first AC game was made to be a realistic hashassin simulator and should be played as one.

Black_Widow9
10-13-2013, 12:11 AM
Work, read, Zelda: Windwaker HD, sew, Tales of the Abyss (kind of annoying), Netflix, make Halloween stuff for my nieces and nephew. ;)

Sushiglutton
10-13-2013, 12:17 AM
See below:

The difference is suprisingly powerful. Just the fact that you look up to the skyline to search for viewpoints, instead of looking down (minimap) is a massive difference in terms of immersion. You do what the character would have done, which is what immersion is all about. This is why the first thing I will do in AC4 is to turn off all onscreen info :).

Layytez
10-13-2013, 12:34 AM
Pokemon.

STDlyMcStudpants
10-13-2013, 05:41 AM
I see alot of people will be replaying AC
My question is for next year..will you go in chronological order history wise or abstergo wise :O
I mean if they say absolutely nothing about Desmond in AC IV I could easily see this being a "Meanwhile at Abstergo" game and fit comfortably before AC 3 lol
But I doubt it will fit so snugly ;D

Jexx21
10-13-2013, 05:48 AM
haven't you been paying attention to the info? AC4 is supposed to have us finding Desmond's body.

STDlyMcStudpants
10-13-2013, 06:00 AM
haven't you been paying attention to the info? AC4 is supposed to have us finding Desmond's body.

Desmonds body? Hes at home chlling or something.... ;)

xboxauditore
10-13-2013, 07:04 PM
Desmonds body? Hes at home chlling or something.... ;)

Me and a friend were speaking about the idea of seeing Desmond's body in 4, be kind of dark but at least it's some form of homage to the guy.

At the same time, we spoke about the possibility of Shaun, Rebecca and William convincing the guy we play as to spy on Abstergo without the guy knowing what Abstergo truly is, Having an inside guy who doesn't know what he's getting into.

arfaan01
10-13-2013, 08:50 PM
think of game ideas and be happy

lothario-da-be
10-13-2013, 08:50 PM
Me and a friend were speaking about the idea of seeing Desmond's body in 4, be kind of dark but at least it's some form of homage to the guy.

At the same time, we spoke about the possibility of Shaun, Rebecca and William convincing the guy we play as to spy on Abstergo without the guy knowing what Abstergo truly is, Having an inside guy who doesn't know what he's getting into.
Some kind of statue of Desmond in abstergo would be awesome. He also saved their arses after all.

STDlyMcStudpants
10-13-2013, 10:01 PM
I hope shaun and rebecca rescue me at the end :D
Since we are playing as ourself I assume my hospital bills go right to ubisoft since ill have the bleeding effect nd jump off of buildings into hay :D

Layytez
10-13-2013, 10:59 PM
I heard that find we find out what they have done to his body. Not sure if we see it and Rebbeca and Shaun wanna recover his body from them too.

poptartz20
10-14-2013, 12:04 AM
I live my life...?

Seriously though. I've actually been trying to catch up on everything. So work, Freelance work, and playing brand new games that have been sitting unplayed on my shelf for 4+ mos.

I'm finally getting closer to beating the Last of Us. >_> it's terrible because I've had it since it's release date!

Not to mention I think I'm about to pick up a self defense class and a Fencing Class. xD

SneakierNote
10-14-2013, 08:46 AM
This game will be awsome I pre-ordered 2 copys in case I break one. I did the same with FC 3 good thing cause after playing FC 3 for 22 straight hours the eye in my xbox 360 ruined the game. : ( Plus on top of that I had to get a new xbox least I was able to save my hard drive. I will be playing SC BL and doing RL work : ( until AC Black Flag comes out. Now the question we must ask ourselves is will ROCKTOBER TWENTY-NINTH EVER GET HERE? LoL Is it just me or when u want somthing really bad time seems to stand sill! I looked at the clock mabe I should count the hours till AC BF comes out atleast it seems like time would move faster. Good luck you guys if u own a xbox 360 and want friends to play Assassins Creed Black Flag with, u can add me 2 your friends list.

Kit572
10-14-2013, 08:52 AM
LoL Is it just me or when u want something really bad time seems to stand still!

You should've seen me the day before AC3 was released.

derage88
10-14-2013, 09:56 AM
Actually playing through AC1, AC2 and AC3.

Already did once finished AC1 years ago when it first got released, but never went through the other games except for a bit of AC3, but a while ago I bought a new PS3 after I sold my first one and I bought AC1, AC2 and got AC3 from PS Plus and started going through them completely, already finished AC1 again and almost done with AC2 and then will continue with AC3 that I've already started before on the PC but never went past 26%.

Think by the time I finished I'll have my PS4 and enjoy the full next-gen AC4 ;)

The_Heisenberg
10-14-2013, 10:02 AM
I am the danger...

I finish my exams on november 26th, so 3 days after that i'll be getting my ps4 and ac4 :)

adventurewomen
10-14-2013, 10:38 AM
This is pretty much my life right now:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/8ccd261a957334c87551ae1ee99c0309/tumblr_mih6kcK3GH1rxi2dlo1_500.jpg

Legendz54
10-14-2013, 12:28 PM
Play some beyond two souls and GTAV online.

Assassin_M
10-14-2013, 03:26 PM
a Fencing Class. xD

you are a good woman. a good good woman.

When I'm not in school, GTA V
When I'm in school, I think about GTA V
When I'm playing GTA V, I think about GTA Online

I still haven't finished GTA V yet, but she doesn't mind and she knows I'm busy...she likes me to take her nice and slow, so I can properly feel the juicy meat that is her gameplay. GTA V is very very obedient. GTA V keeps me satisfied.

AnthonyA85
10-14-2013, 03:53 PM
As i said before, i''m passing the time reading fanfiction, researching system upgrades, watching youtube videos, and just the other night, i crashed and utterly trolled Majd'Adin's funeral in Jerusalem, had a brief dance with Maria in the streets, then went back to Malik and told him the VIP Victim was a no-show. :P

Bastiaen
10-14-2013, 05:31 PM
Work, fatherhood, writing, and oh yeah, lots of games. You should see my 5 month old son's eyes when he sees a controller! Favorite toy, hands down. Fortunately we had a broken corded controller that we just cut the cord on and let him play with. I think he wishes it would light up though. He especially likes to mess with me when I'm playing online.

lothario-da-be
10-14-2013, 05:43 PM
you are a good woman. a good good woman.

When I'm not in school, GTA V
When I'm in school, I think about GTA V
When I'm playing GTA V, I think about GTA Online

I still haven't finished GTA V yet, but she doesn't mind and she knows I'm busy...she likes me to take her nice and slow, so I can properly feel the juicy meat that is her gameplay. GTA V is very very obedient. GTA V keeps me satisfied.
Do you like it more then RDR?

Assassin_M
10-14-2013, 05:47 PM
Do you like it more then RDR?
About as much as RDR. RDR's story is WAY more solid, but GTA V's story is still pretty decent....Assassins Creed is falling low in my favorite games list :|

1- GTA V / RDR
2- The last of us
3- Dragon's Dogma

lothario-da-be
10-14-2013, 05:50 PM
About as much as RDR. RDR's story is WAY more solid, but GTA V's story is still pretty decent....Assassins Creed is falling low in my favorite games list :|

1- GTA V / RDR
2- The last of us
3- Dragon's Dogma

I dragon's dogma that good? I have the feeling feelings are mixed for that game. Could you expand the list untill you reach ac?:)

Assassin_M
10-14-2013, 05:54 PM
I dragon's dogma that good? I have the feeling feelings are mixed for this game. Could you expand the list untill you reach ac?:)
Dragon's Dogma is a pretty solid RPG. the combat is where it shines. hack and slash at its finest and the giant monster battles are EXTREMELY addictive. the pawn mechanic can be a bit confusing and irritating at first, but you'll get used to it soon enough.

One thing I have to note about it, though...exploration during night...will scare your pants off.

1- GTA V / RDR
2- The last of us
3- Dragon's Dogma
4- Witcher 2
5- Mafia II
6- AC I

This is just my current favorite video games. If I include all time....AC will be lower :|

xboxauditore
10-14-2013, 05:56 PM
Dragon's Dogma is a pretty solid RPG. the combat is where it shines. hack and slash at its finest and the giant monster battles are EXTREMELY addictive. the pawn mechanic can be a bit confusing and irritating at first, but you'll get used to it soon enough.

One thing I have to note about it, though...exploration during night...will scare your pants off.

1- GTA V / RDR
2- The last of us
3- Dragon's Dogma
4- Witcher 2
5- Mafia II
6- AC I

This is just my current favorite video games. If I include all time....AC will be lower :|

I agree that Mafia 2 is an amazing game, But The Last Of Us below GTA V?.......................*Looks around* Seriously?

lothario-da-be
10-14-2013, 05:57 PM

1- GTA V / RDR
2- The last of us
3- Dragon's Dogma
4- Witcher 2
5- Mafia II
6- AC I

:( And that for a member with more then 19000 posts. AC as a franchise stands on top for me, together with total war maybe.

Assassin_M
10-14-2013, 06:06 PM
:( And that for a member with more then 19000 posts. AC as a franchise stands on top for me, together with total war maybe.
it makes ME sad, trust me...hopefully that might change...or at least AC gets a bit higher.

I agree that Mafia 2 is an amazing game, But The Last Of Us below GTA V?.......................*Looks around* Seriously?

Mainly because i'm a sucker for open worlds...like REALLY a sucker. the last of us had one of the best told stories in a video game ever for me and it kept me thinking about it for days, while GTA V is not as powerful in that department, but has such a longer lasting appeal. the open world, the side missions..etc.

The last of us has great design, amazing narrative and solid mechanics, BUT...it's linear...GTA V and RDR ultimately win number one for being open world.

xboxauditore
10-14-2013, 06:09 PM
it makes ME sad, trust me...hopefully that might change...or at least AC gets a bit higher.

Mainly because i'm a sucker for open worlds...like REALLY a sucker. the last of us had one of the best told stories in a video game ever for me and it kept me thinking about it for days, while GTA V is not as powerful in that department, but has such a longer lasting appeal. the open world, the side missions..etc.

The last of us has great design, amazing narrative and solid mechanics, BUT...it's linear...GTA V and RDR ultimately win number one for being open world.

I still say The Last Of Us is the best game evar, because it's so realistic and well-written. Plus, Troy Baker.

Shahkulu101
10-14-2013, 06:10 PM
I prefer linear games - I have just came to that conclusion, I feel like I have betrayed my self.

Assassin_M
10-14-2013, 06:18 PM
I still say The Last Of Us is the best game evar, because it's so realistic and well-written. Plus, Troy Baker.
That's okay xD just because it's number 2 in my list doesn't mean that I don't think it's one of the best games ever made :D

Assassin_M
10-14-2013, 06:19 PM
I prefer linear games - I have just came to that conclusion, I feel like I have betrayed my self.

You have. no more cookies for you

lothario-da-be
10-14-2013, 06:27 PM

Do you like god of war? Such an amazing franchise but oh so linear.

Assassin_M
10-14-2013, 06:28 PM

Yeah, I only played 2 and 3, though..it's definitely somewhere in my ranking, but like I said...this ranking is just my current favorite games.

And I don't think linearity is something bad, it's just not my cup-o-tea. like Beyond two souls and heavy rain for example, I don't like the genre, but I don't think the direction quantic dreams is taking is bad

pirate1802
10-14-2013, 06:50 PM

I find that the stories of linear games are more tightly held together and well paced than open world games.

..now I have made myself a target as well.

Jexx21
10-14-2013, 07:01 PM
I haven't played The Witcher 2 yet, but I have a feeling that I won't like it as much as it's praised.

jayjay275
10-14-2013, 07:01 PM
Play the Uncharted series, Skyrim (Kill people), BF3/4 or AC.

adventurewomen
10-14-2013, 07:06 PM
I can never play that game, I tried but it's a strange game.

STDlyMcStudpants
10-14-2013, 07:09 PM

I prefer a mix..
Every game is linear to an extent so Im not really sure that is the word people mean to use...
I think they mean story driven...The story drives you instead of you driving the story...you go at the stories pace instead of your own..you dont get to choose if you fight enemies..the game chooses for you...
I don't like being at the point where I plat a game every 2 days..i get insane burnout and gaming then feels more like a chore ..but at the same time I dont want a game to take me a month to complete back to back
But I dont mind them stuck in between...
If I do a couple of short linear games that take 10 hours I NEED a 30+ hour game to suck me in so i dont get gamer fatigue...
Strange isnt it?
You would think the opposite that longer games are what give fatigue and burnout
But with a long game I can sit back and relax knowing that it goes at my pace, and that I'm not just completing levels... like Uncharted , God of War and The Last of Us types... Their Chapters are levels..you are climbing a steep hill in 90% of games...it gets harder as you go..everything intensifies and you get no time to relax and I just cant play more than 3 games that climax driven in a row because then I find myself racing the clock and I rush because it turns into playing the game just to beat it...
It's hard for me to find a short game I play for the enjoyment of it all...
And then you get a sweet spot like The Walking Dead where you go at the stories pace but they don't rush you and it isn't constant fighting for your life..its like a rollercoaster..ups and downs....
I love a mix like that..where its not about difficulty..its about enjoyment...

Stealth Gamer92
10-14-2013, 07:12 PM
Now not only am I playing AC2 but my grandmaws Ford Aerostar broke and I get to fix it. Yay. Have you ever tried to find parts for a Van that is over 10 years old and wasn't even popular in its own time?

ze_topazio
10-14-2013, 07:42 PM
I can never play that game, I tried but it's a strange game.

What's so strange?

Shahkulu101
10-14-2013, 09:29 PM
I find that the stories of linear games are more tightly held together and well paced than open world games.

..now I have made myself a target as well.

I agree with what you say - it also makes way for the core gameplay to be more polished and solid.

....We need to find some place discreet where no one will eat our souls.

ze_topazio
10-14-2013, 11:34 PM
Finished inFamous 2, what a great game.

http://i55.tinypic.com/2cwws36.jpg
http://wikicheats.gametrailers.com/images/thumb/9/9e/Infamous_2_movie_titles_02.jpg/750px-Infamous_2_movie_titles_02.jpg
http://fast1.onesite.com/capcom-unity.com/user/deadpool39/79024af96d2a12b532286061a397702e.jpg?v=270000
http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/sony/suckerpunch/infamous/infamous2/parodies/callofbooty.jpg

Jexx21
10-15-2013, 12:05 AM
Infamous 2 is the game that makes me want Playstation consoles.

All of those mock movie titles are sex/love themed.

LatinaC09
10-15-2013, 04:28 AM
I prefer a mix..
Every game is linear to an extent so Im not really sure that is the word people mean to use...
I think they mean story driven...The story drives you instead of you driving the story...you go at the stories pace instead of your own..you dont get to choose if you fight enemies..the game chooses for you...
I don't like being at the point where I plat a game every 2 days..i get insane burnout and gaming then feels more like a chore ..but at the same time I dont want a game to take me a month to complete back to back
But I dont mind them stuck in between...
If I do a couple of short linear games that take 10 hours I NEED a 30+ hour game to suck me in so i dont get gamer fatigue...
Strange isnt it?
You would think the opposite that longer games are what give fatigue and burnout
But with a long game I can sit back and relax knowing that it goes at my pace, and that I'm not just completing levels... like Uncharted , God of War and The Last of Us types... Their Chapters are levels..you are climbing a steep hill in 90% of games...it gets harder as you go..everything intensifies and you get no time to relax and I just cant play more than 3 games that climax driven in a row because then I find myself racing the clock and I rush because it turns into playing the game just to beat it...
It's hard for me to find a short game I play for the enjoyment of it all...
And then you get a sweet spot like The Walking Dead where you go at the stories pace but they don't rush you and it isn't constant fighting for your life..its like a rollercoaster..ups and downs....
I love a mix like that..where its not about difficulty..its about enjoyment...

Definitely agree with just about everything you said here. I still haven't played Last of Us yet. Is it worth picking up?

STDlyMcStudpants
10-15-2013, 08:11 AM
Definitely agree with just about everything you said here. I still haven't played Last of Us yet. Is it worth picking up?

Absolutely!
The Last of Us is Game of The Year hands down! (so far) haha

pacmanate
10-15-2013, 08:39 AM
Nothing should beat TLoU. If GTA V beats it, it wins cause its GTA V, nothing more. TLoU had a better and deeper story imo, comparing the worlds isn't fair as one is linear and one is open, however I would still give the world point to TLoU

xboxauditore
10-15-2013, 08:44 AM
Nothing should beat TLoU. If GTA V beats it, it wins cause its GTA V, nothing more. TLoU had a better and deeper story imo, comparing the worlds isn't fair as one is linear and one is open, however I would still give the world point to TLoU

As much as I fangirled all over Bioshock Infinite and Black Flag, I'll be angry if TLoU doesn't win game of the year, it's one of the few games that actually made me feel for the characters, it was, and is the perfect game.