PDA

View Full Version : An idea I had a few months ago while playing AC2.

Stealth Gamer92
10-09-2013, 04:25 PM
I was thinking what if there were 1 or 2 Splinter Cell ghost type missions. Night time find a way past enemy patrols to get to a paranoid target who is under heavy gaurd. You would have three choices on how to do this.

First choice is you can start fighting the gaurds to get to the target, but this gives the target a chance to escape you.

Second choice is sneak past the patrols without killing them for a stealth bonus silently kill his gaurds one by one then the assassinate the target, but after you kill the target a curious gaurd comes in and find's a body but doesn't see you so you can either escape or kill the other gaurds for a no witness bonus.

Third coice is sneak past patrols for the stealth bonus, but instead of killing the gaurds you watch and see when the target does something out of his gaurd's protective presence. Then sneak up and assassinate him and hide the body trigering a cutscene and true assassin bonus. If you miss your chance to get the target you have to wait for another opening there would be up to three activities the target does alone at random.

adventurewomen
10-09-2013, 04:37 PM
I like the second and third ideas. :)

Stealth element is the best option.

fightinTXaggie
10-09-2013, 04:53 PM
As long as I don't automatically fail because I did it without being stealthy, I'd love stealth options (and rewards) in the game.

lothario-da-be
10-09-2013, 04:59 PM
I would prefer it if they avoid bonusus. We chould be able to choose how we play the game without missing things or getting les "points" or anyhthing like that.

Bastiaen
10-09-2013, 05:48 PM
I love the idea of incentivizing stealth. Of course, it would then be best to get mission rankings and or xp based on performance, or something. I like how in the havana demo, Edward was given more money for not alerting the target. That works.

Stealth Gamer92
10-09-2013, 05:51 PM
As long as I don't automatically fail because I did it without being stealthy, I'd love stealth options (and rewards) in the game.

The first scenario would alert the guy when you get to him and he would naturally try to escape but you'd give chase to prevent that, giving you a escape prevented bonus.I was thinking the reward be progress toward an achievement or a little extra currency. You would get a bigger currency for true assassin, a little less for the no witness bonus, and alot less for escape prevented. This would promote stealth patience and careful planing, but not overly punish a combat-heavy aproach.

Wolfmeister1010
10-09-2013, 05:53 PM
I think that instead of PUNISHING you for not being stealthy, it should REWARD you for being stealthy. That way, If you take the louder route, you wont LOSE anything. You would just get MORE for taking your time and being stealthy. Good thing that AC4 seems to be doing this

Stealth Gamer92
10-09-2013, 05:55 PM
I would prefer it if they avoid bonusus. We chould be able to choose how we play the game without missing things or getting les "points" or anyhthing like that.

Thats why I recomended it as a side mission you could replay anytime to get the bonuses at your own pace.

Rugterwyper32
10-09-2013, 06:02 PM
I think that instead of PUNISHING you for not being stealthy, it should REWARD you for being stealthy. That way, If you take the louder route, you wont LOSE anything. You would just get MORE for taking your time and being stealthy. Good thing that AC4 seems to be doing this

Basically this.
One idea that came to mind was how Splinter Cell Double Agent (current gen, not past gen) handled some objectives: If you did the objectives with a star next to them, you would obtain extra tools that would help you along the game. However they tended to be listen as optional objectives that would just boost your trust for one side or another otherwise and you could easily either ignore them at that point or sometimes it'd be stuff like "don't kill any guards" which in many cases if you're being a pacifist you wouldn't do anyway.

Stealth Gamer92
10-09-2013, 06:03 PM

That is what I'm trying for though aparently I wasn't clear enough. :)

Gi1t
10-09-2013, 06:05 PM
If you miss your chance to get the target you have to wait for another opening there would be up to three activities the target does alone at random.

I like this part the best. I was honestly hoping the series would progress to a point where the target would actually have a schedule like the characters in Majora's Mask and you'd enter the city and try to find out about their patterns and choose where to Assassinate them. That would really open up the options for players of all types and you could choose to conduct investigations or just try to find things out on your own, though if you stumble into them and they realize the're baing tracked they might change their habits. (Even better, if the target is smart, they might send a contact to you with apparently useful information about a way to kill them and set a trap for you.)