PDA

View Full Version : Can we get some help with steam plz

Drittz11
10-09-2013, 01:43 PM
Just got game from my steam account. installed. hit play your stuff comes up but game don't play. Everything says its playing but nothing. If i cant get this to play why would I get the next one??? and theres a lot of people having same trouble. now my other ubisoft games work not this one. Can we get some help plz;)

biorafa08
10-09-2013, 03:52 PM
I have the same problem here, please, someone sove the problem =/

TheLeoCrow
10-09-2013, 04:14 PM
this guy is having the same problem: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/799727-Uplay-will-not-launch-Steam-games?

Mr_Shade
10-09-2013, 04:20 PM
What game?

have you followed the basic troubleshooting for steam titles?

I would suggest checking the game cache integrity through steam to see if any of the files are missing or damaged. Also, please check if you moved or updated any steam files recently. I would suggest contacting steam support regarding the launching issues you are experiencing.Also, try running steam as admin to see if it helps.

If you have tried that, please contact support:

www.support.ubi.com

greag1e
10-09-2013, 04:53 PM
I will check back later, but I just bought the game yesterday from steam and got it downloaded. Went to play today and using steam to start play, it launches Uplay and I click play and then it goes to the black screen with the disclaimer that all characters are fictitious and created by a multi religious team or whatever it says and just sits there. I escape out and there is a dialogue that says that AC3 has quit responding and so I close it.

I have checked and validated the game cache, I have restarted the PC several times and I went to the suggested www.support.ubi.com and didn't see any knowledge base information for a fix. My time is up for gaming for the day, spent about 2 hours trying to figure the cause of this. Will check back later if anyone found an answer.

Thanks in advance

Mr_Shade
10-09-2013, 04:54 PM
If you have tried the Steam fixes - please do contact support - since it maybe something they need to help you directly with:

www.support.ubi.com

greag1e
10-10-2013, 03:43 AM
If you have tried the Steam fixes - please do contact support - since it maybe something they need to help you directly with:

www.support.ubi.com (http://www.support.ubi.com)

I didn't directly contact ubi support, but filtered through the knowledge base and I did follow the msconfig instructions for the temporary fix. It only went to a black screen and I alt-cntrl-tab'd out and I had the same error message. It didn't even make it to the disclaimer page. AS3 quit responding.

This is the only game I have that usages the Uplay format. I checked my Tomb Raider game and it started without a hitch straight out of steam. It has to be an error with the Uplay launcher.

I don't have a lot of time for the troubleshooting part. Just like my 'tv shows' I only have a specific amount of time in the day to play. As of now, I have deleted the game content from steam and I am downloading again. Will check back on Friday.

Thx

Drittz11
10-10-2013, 08:59 AM
I have a ticket in for support I just hope someone looks at it. all my other ubisoft games work fine. Fyrcry3,subhunter5,tomb raider. Its just this game not working right. I hope I get some help.
essor Information:
Vendor: GenuineIntel
CPU Family: 0x6
CPU Model: 0x2d
CPU Stepping: 0x7
CPU Type: 0x0
Speed: 3199 Mhz
12 logical processors
6 physical processors
HyperThreading: Supported
FCMOV: Supported
SSE2: Supported
SSE3: Supported
SSSE3: Supported
SSE4a: Unsupported
SSE41: Supported
SSE42: Supported

Network Information:
Network Speed:

Operating System Version:
Windows 7 (64 bit)
NTFS: Supported
Crypto Provider Codes: Supported 311 0x0 0x0 0x0

Video Card:
Driver: AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series

DirectX Driver Name: aticfx32.dll
Driver Version: 12.104.0.0
DirectX Driver Version: 8.17.10.1191
Driver Date: 28 Mar 2013
OpenGL Version: 4.2
Desktop Color Depth: 32 bits per pixel
Monitor Refresh Rate: 60 Hz
DirectX Card: AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series
VendorID: 0x1002
DeviceID: 0x679a
Number of Monitors: 1
Number of Logical Video Cards: 1
No SLI or Crossfire Detected
Primary Display Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Desktop Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Primary Display Size: 26.65" x 15.00" (30.55" diag)
67.7cm x 38.1cm (77.6cm diag)
Primary Bus Type Not Detected
Primary VRAM: -1024 MB
if that helps

greag1e
10-11-2013, 09:28 PM
I finally got to submit a ticket as well. Unfortunately, they take the weekend off and I won't have an answer until Monday or later most likely.

what I wrote:
greag1e10/11/2013 8:25:59 PMI have uninstalled and re-installed the game. Followed the knowledge base tutorial on disabling startup programs located on this site Uninstalled (and manual delete orphan files) and re-installed Ubi software as suggested So now, it is still at the same state that the game has been in since I purchased and launched the first time. Using either the shortcut desktop icon or with in Steam (have done both) it will get to the uPlay launcher. It logs me on and from there I can hit the Play button. Once Play has been hit, it will ask me to copy key to clipboard (I have skipped that part and done that part) and hit play again. It then installs the attached screenshot and then goes to a blank screen and just sits. Not sure what it is dependant on, sometime is will get to the splash screen where it gives a disclaimer about the development team and different cultural and religious backgrounds and sits on that screen until cntrl-alt-delted. Please advise or point me to the right place. Thanks in advance

greag1e
10-15-2013, 07:06 PM
So they responded to my ticket. I really believe they did not even read my question because I got this copy and paste answer.

Meaghan10/13/2013 4:15:00 PMI am sorry to hear you are having issues in the Uplay PC Client. 1. Start by updating any anti-virus or personal firewall software that may be installed to your computer system. This includes your windows firewall as well as updating the firmware for your home router. If updating these programs does not resolve the issue, you may need to temporarily shut-down the associated program or bypass the router and establish a direct connection to your modem. 2. If it is not possible to shut-down your firewall, you will need to configure your router or firewall to allow the following network ports for the best possible connection: Uplay PC Client TCP: 80, 443, 13000, 14000, 14008 Directions for configuring network ports are specific to the software and hardware being used, and can be found by visiting the manufacturers website. 3. You may also encounter problems due to applications running in the background on your computer system. When playing Ubisoft games, please be sure to close all running background applications before starting your game. You can find the steps for this listed below. - Open your start menu and look for Run (Win XP), Start search (Win Vista), or Search programs and files (Win 7) - Delete anything on the Open line that you'll find there, and type in the word MSCONFIG and press the Enter key to bring up the system configuration utility - Look down the list of startup items (not the tab labeled Startup), and choose Selective Startup (if it is not already selected) (If you don't see this, make sure you've clicked on General, near the top of the window) - Once you've chosen Selective Startup, uncheck 'Load Startup Items' - Once you're done here, click Apply & OK, and let it reboot your computer Try running the game again. If the game loads and seems to be working, the problem is most likely related to one or more programs you have scheduled to load with Windows. You can then revert the settings back the way they were, and in a trial and error fashion, disable some programs using the startup tab (in the msconfig utility) to try to find the culprit. *Keep in mind that this is a temporary solution and any changes can be reverted by returning to the MSCONFIG utility and re-selecting 'Normal Startup" 4. There may also be certain restrictions set by your ISP. If you continue to have trouble, please contact your ISP for details on any specific restrictions on the previously mentioned network ports. 5. Try deleting your HOSTS file by following this path in Windows Explorer: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc. Delete the hosts file and try the game again. In order to fully troubleshoot the problem that you are having, please try the steps below: 1. Disabling your background applications: To do this, go to the Start menu on your desktop (or, if using Windows Vista/Windows 7 press the Windows key and the letter R at the same time) Type in MSCONFIG and press Enter Go to the tab, which says Start-up Click the option to Disable All Press Apply, then Close then pick the option to Restart 2. Clearing your temporary files: To do this, go to the Start menu on your desktop (or, if using Windows Vista/Windows 7 press the Windows key and the letter R at the same time) Type in %TEMP% and press enter. Go to Edit and Select All. Go to File and Delete. NOTE: If you are using Windows 7, to highlight the files you will need to press Ctrl + A together. Once the files are highlighted, you will need to press the Delete key. 3. Make sure the drivers for your video card, sound card; motherboard and processor are up to date. Running 2 cards in SLI or running 2 screens can also cause issues. Deactivate SLI or unplug any additional screens you may be using. If you are overclocking, try running at the stock clock settings. If you could please provide a screenshot of the problem you are facing, it would

Mr_Shade
10-15-2013, 07:59 PM
Hi,
They may send you a basic FAQ to try - so if you have tried it and it didn't fix the issue, please tell them!

greag1e
10-16-2013, 03:32 AM
Hi,
They may send you a basic FAQ to try - so if you have tried it and it didn't fix the issue, please tell them!

The reason I think it is a cookie cutter answer is because I did tell them everything I tried, but I got this copy and past answer.

I just submitted:

I have tried all of your suggestions. It still does not work. Is it possible to get a refund?

I stated in my original question that I had tried the knowledge base options and it was of no use. This is my only Uplay game. If there is not a fix for this, I want my money back. I should not have to re-program my PC to play this game.

I am only wanting to play the single player game and not interested in the online game. I should not have to worry about ports and connectivity. Why would I need to worry. I just want the single player game to load.

Please advise. Please do not copy and paste an answer. If you need something more from me, let me know. Thanks.

YazX_
10-16-2013, 11:25 PM
try to run steam and game as administrator, close steam and uplay then right click on steam shortcut --> Properties --> Compatability Tab --> check the box "Run this program as administrator" and hit ok then try to run the game. if that doesnt work, repeat the same procedure for the game executable (AC3SP.exe), find it in steam games folder (Steam\steamapps\common\assassin's creed 3).

Anyway, if that doesnt work, you need to check UPlay logs as they might lead to the problem, they are located at

Windows x64 :
C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\logs

Windows x86:
C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\logs

Just delete all TEXT files there and run the game, after it crashes, check them out and see if there is any error especially in "launcher_log.txt" file.

greag1e
10-17-2013, 04:09 AM
Just delete all TEXT files there and run the game, after it crashes, check them out and see if there is any error especially in "launcher_log.txt" file.
Thx for the advice. I tried the former part and that had no consequence, but after deleting every text file produced this in the Launcher_log. I got this in the in that log.

[ 6220] 2013-10-16 23:00:26 [ 3664] INFO HubUtils.cpp (165) [ 6220] 2013-10-16 23:00:26 [ 3664] INFO HubUtils.cpp (166) -- Starting Ubisoft Game Launcher --
[ 6220] 2013-10-16 23:00:26 [ 3664] INFO HubUtils.cpp (170) Platform: PC.
[ 6220] 2013-10-16 23:00:26 [ 3664] INFO HubUtils.cpp (173) Version: 2043.
[ 6220] 2013-10-16 23:00:26 [ 3664] INFO HubUtils.cpp (174) Built: Oct 10 2013.
[ 6220] 2013-10-16 23:00:26 [ 3664] INFO HubUtils.cpp (186) Command line: "-gamelauncher_wait_handle" "548" "-upc_uplay_id" "54" "-upc_game_version" "0" "-upc_exe_path" "RTpcU3RlYW1cc3RlYW1hcHBzXGNvbW1vblxBc3Nhc3NpbidzIE NyZWVkIDNcQUMzU1AuZXhl" "-upc_working_directory" "RTpcU3RlYW1cc3RlYW1hcHBzXGNvbW1vblxBc3Nhc3NpbidzIE NyZWVkIDM=" "-upc_arguments" "LXVwbGF5X3N0ZWFtX21vZGUgIC11cGxheV9zdGVhbV9tb2Rl" "-uplay_steam_mode" "" "-uplay_steam_mode" ""
[ 6220] 2013-10-16 23:00:26 [ 3664] INFO Hub.cpp (272) Environment is PROD.
[ 6220] 2013-10-16 23:00:27 [ 4992] INFO GameStartPipe.cpp (51) Accepted connection.
[ 6220] 2013-10-16 23:00:27 [ 4992] INFO GameStartPipe.cpp (52) Starting game session.
[ 6220] 2013-10-16 23:00:27 [ 6540] INFO ProxyDetect.cpp (116) Proxy is set to automatic, but no proxy detected.
[ 6220] 2013-10-16 23:00:34 [ 6096] INFO UplayGamesHandler.cpp (120) Accepted connection.
[ 6220] 2013-10-16 23:00:34 [ 6096] INFO UplayGamesHandler.cpp (121) Starting Uplay game session.
[ 6220] 2013-10-16 23:00:34 [ 3144] ERROR CefUplaySchemeHandler.cpp (81) Requested file does not exist: avatars/609d692a-1304-4a11-83bd-8bd299e69d37_256.png
[ 6220] 2013-10-16 23:00:35 [ 3144] ERROR CefUplaySchemeHandler.cpp (81) Requested file does not exist: avatars/609d692a-1304-4a11-83bd-8bd299e69d37_256.png

I think this may be the problem, so if anyone has a suggestion, please and thank you.

I really feel this is getting closer to the answer. Thank you YAZ_H

YazX_
10-17-2013, 12:45 PM
i was searching for a folder called avatars and its located inside "Ubisoft Game Launcher\cache" folder, this will contain your UPlay avatar, so you have two options here, go to UPlay website and create your own avatar, if the game kept crashing after that, then place any image inside avatars folder and rename it to "609d692a-1304-4a11-83bd-8bd299e69d37_256.png"

NOTE: make sure the image size doesnt exceed 80KB.

OR download this file (this is my avatar) - DONT FORGET TO RENAME IT

http://s17.postimg.org/54rzeo28v/695426f3_a87f_4e97_a3e5_41b6cebd193c_256.png

ElleCore
10-17-2013, 09:01 PM
I've had the same problem, reinstalling Steam and clearing registry errors/problems generated by Steam files with a Registry Cleaner fixed it for me.

In any case, problem is with Steam, not Uplay.

greag1e
10-18-2013, 03:25 AM
I will def try YAZ_H suggestion when I get a chance on Saturday, but ElleCore, which Registry Cleaner did you use. Albeit, all of my steam games work fine. This is my only Uplay game. Will post here with what happens. Thank you all for the help. Sorry, I don't have time to dive on it asap.

YazX_
10-18-2013, 09:35 AM
I will def try YAZ_H suggestion when I get a chance on Saturday, but ElleCore, which Registry Cleaner did you use. Albeit, all of my steam games work fine. This is my only Uplay game. Will post here with what happens. Thank you all for the help. Sorry, I don't have time to dive on it asap.

I'm not sure if the avatar image will solve your problem, normally , any error caused by UPlay will not crash the game, but we are trying every possible way to solve your problem. anyway, if you want to fix your registry, you can try CCleaner, its freeware and great software for cleaning registry and other things too.

greag1e
10-26-2013, 02:53 AM
sorry for the lack in responses. I tried the CCleaner to no avail and other fixes. I agree that it is steam. I am due for a reformat within the month. Backing up files and such. I put it in my notes to backup my steam games and one of the first things I am going to do is re-load all of them. Maybe that will give an answer. Whom knows. This is saved in my bookmarks, so it may be around 3 weeks or so before I get back. Thanks for the help and will see if I can get her going or just kiss my money goodbye. :)

Thanks guys
Ge

AnthonyA85
10-27-2013, 10:32 PM
So....we need a uplay avatar to play the game if it's downloaded from steam? :confused: that doesn't make any sense...

Mr_Shade
10-28-2013, 03:15 PM
So....we need a uplay avatar to play the game if it's downloaded from steam? :confused: that doesn't make any sense...
It shouldn't cause a crash - however replacing the file seems to help some, however I suggest contacting support and finding the root cause.

AnthonyA85
10-28-2013, 08:51 PM
I'm not having the problem these guys are Shade, since i don't have any of the AC games on steam, but I AM considering getting BF on steam, and just wanted to be clear on the uplay avatar thing (created one last night)

greag1e
11-30-2013, 04:07 PM
sorry for the lack in responses. I tried the CCleaner to no avail and other fixes. I agree that it is steam. I am due for a reformat within the month. Backing up files and such. I put it in my notes to backup my steam games and one of the first things I am going to do is re-load all of them. Maybe that will give an answer. Whom knows. This is saved in my bookmarks, so it may be around 3 weeks or so before I get back. Thanks for the help and will see if I can get her going or just kiss my money goodbye. :)

Thanks guys
Ge

well, it works, but really I didn't do anything. I did a re-format on my PC, just to clean it up and checked it out and it fired right up.
Notes: I did not re-install steam. It is kept on a different partition than my OS. When I clicked on the application inside its folder, it ran some utility to make it run able again and then started right up. It did re-install uPlay though. I didn't have to re-download the game as well. I think the re-load of uPlay is what fixed it or they finally fixed something on their end. Never the less, up and running, thanks for reading my posts. Happy gaming.