PDA

View Full Version : Question about all this AC black flag DLC???

Damo_kb8
10-08-2013, 10:47 PM
Hi , I've preordered ac black flag back chest edition on PC on Uplay shop, wondering if it will have the same amount of DLC included as the digital deluxe editon on Uplay shop also? If not will the avaline missions from the digital edition be available in the season pass? Or not at all? Hope someone be able to answer this? I would just like all additional content, as just a big AC fan, and not want to miss out on those extra bits, please any light in this subject would be great, thanks in advance,
Damian.

Dag_B
10-09-2013, 12:24 AM
Table (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/761093-Ubisoft®-Assassin’s-Creed®-IV-Black-Flag-Editions?p=9307634&viewfull=1#post9307634)
^ Somebody listed there, what is in which edition.

Aveline is exclusive to Sony consoles and the DDE-Edition as far as I know and is not included in any other PC Edition. As of the season pass, I am not totally sure as it's just advertised with "more missions" but not which missions. Might be Aveline, might also be the 3 missions you can get via preordering...

BridgetFisher
10-09-2013, 04:52 AM
If the resources pack is announced for the gold edition and was listed with the gold edition on steam when I preordered why isnt it listed there now? was it removed? no big deal either way just wondering.

says on steam page for us customers:

"

Aveline Pack: 60 minutes of additional gameplay featuring Aveline de Grandpré from Assassin's Creed III Liberation; Unlockable Aveline ship figurehead"

Damo_kb8
10-09-2013, 07:27 AM
would be nice to know if we can get all other DLC at a later date, most important for me is the aveline missions, i dont fancy canceling my back chest edition for a digital edition, dont know what to do.

Scystab
10-09-2013, 08:47 AM
Hey, sorry to intrude on your post, but this thread is related to my own question, if I may :)

I've never before considered buying a season pass so here's my question: if i undestand this correctly, the season pass is a package of all the DLC that will come for the game, correct?

If this is so, does it mean that I can buy the physical version of the game in my local store and than simply get the DLC content from a season pass?

Thanks!
/Scy

HypeR.tgL
10-09-2013, 10:24 AM
Not all of the DLC, but the DLC you'll be able to purchase once the game is out, meaning it excludes any products that come with DLC codes such as figurine DLC codes.

Yea, you can get the physical version of the game and add the DLC on from the season pass, just add the game to your UPlay account and it should be fairly straight forward from there.

YazX_
10-09-2013, 10:31 AM
Hey, sorry to intrude on your post, but this thread is related to my own question, if I may :)

I've never before considered buying a season pass so here's my question: if i undestand this correctly, the season pass is a package of all the DLC that will come for the game, correct?

If this is so, does it mean that I can buy the physical version of the game in my local store and than simply get the DLC content from a season pass?

Thanks!
/Scy

Season Pass means that you get all FUTURE and UPCOMING DLCs but unnecessarily EXTRA contents released with the game launch, if Ubisoft decided to take AC3 route and include extras in the first DLC to be released -which has been useless for DDE owners-, then yes you will get them DEPENDING on what they include in that DLC.

But from the way its going, it seems similar to AC3, Aveline Pack is similar to Benedict Arnold DLC and wont be included in the first DLC, i guess the only way to get it is to purchase Gold Edition.

I cannot understand why Ubisoft messes up everytime with game's editions, in AC3, they messed up so bad and had TWO DDE versions due to a stupid mistake and confused everyone, and here we go again, same mistake. they should fire the team responsible for this mess.

Dag_B
10-09-2013, 10:34 AM
would be nice to know if we can get all other DLC at a later date, most important for me is the aveline missions, i dont fancy canceling my back chest edition for a digital edition, dont know what to do.
You won't get the Krakenpack without the seasonpass. And as hyperdrive3 said, the DLC from figurines and such is also most likely not included.
Aveline - no idea. Would guess no as Benedict Arnold was also only in Sony versions or DDE, afaik.

ShardofTruth
10-09-2013, 01:15 PM
As of now it seems unlikly that Ubisoft will include all pre-order DLCs in one big package like they did with ACR and AC3, just some of them and even new stuff, as the Season Pass image shows. For example: The Digital Deluxe Edition contains four singleplayer costumes, the Season Pass includes the "Illustrious Pirate Pack" which just shows three of them.

Anykeyer
10-09-2013, 02:29 PM
As of now it seems unlikly that Ubisoft will include all pre-order DLCs in one big package like they did with ACR and AC3, just some of them and even new stuff, as the Season Pass image shows. For example: The Digital Deluxe Edition contains four singleplayer costumes, the Season Pass includes the "Illustrious Pirate Pack" which just shows three of them.

I bet on opposite. Looks like Season Pass will cover everything. They dont show everything on image just because there isnt enough space to fit so many things.

"New ways to personalize the player’s pirate experience – Additional single player missions, weapons, skins, and collectibles"
I belive this line from SP description actually means all current digital extras.

ShardofTruth
10-09-2013, 03:22 PM
Maybe, maybe not. If the Season Pass will really covers everything eventually, why not outright say so? Ubisoft tries really hard to split ACIV's content over different editions and retailers, always going one step further every new iteration of the series, so I wouldn't be surprised if they don't include everything this time around.

Anway, we'll probably see who was right a month after release, when the next DLC will be announced.:)

Anykeyer
10-09-2013, 04:23 PM
They arent saying because they want you to to preorder some expensive edition.
Also check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcpAZMbL8e0 they didnt mention everything. But they actually did include every bit of content. Unlike EA Ubisoft didnt (yet?) lost their senses and eventually allow everyone to have full version.

pacmanate
10-09-2013, 08:14 PM
Stuff included in the Season Pass is stuff that is included in the Season Pass. If DLC isn't listed as content in the season pass, then its not in there.

Anykeyer
10-10-2013, 06:04 AM
No

Scystab
10-10-2013, 08:39 AM
Thanks alot for your answer lads :)

toolen22
12-25-2013, 11:55 PM
When are they going to release the Aveline Figurehead for PS3 here in the US? Unless you have the gold edition, it doesn't come with the Aveline missions. They released it for Playstation Plus members in Europe. When will they release it here? Ubisoft better not screw us over like they did with the Mysteries of the Bayou pack for Liberation.

Frag_Maniac
12-26-2013, 12:01 AM
ALWAYS do your research before deciding what version to get if you can only afford one and want the most content.

Black Chest is one of the "souvenir" type versions that is primarily intended to provide keepsake collectibles vs extra in-game content.

Probably the best way to go if you want both collectible swag and extra game content is look for a sale on Black Chest or whatever collectible version you want, then buy Season Pass, which includes Kraken Pack, Freedom Cry, weapons, skins, collectibles, and new characters in mp. Freedom Cry is BY FAR the most valuable DLC, and very good and unique to Black Flag. I'm pretty sure Season Pass only comes with Gold and Deluxe versions, both being the same and only separated by the regions they're available in.

That said, if you're bothered by not getting Aveline and all the other little perks of Gold and Deluxe editions like extra sails, outfits, a few extra islands to explore, Ezio and Altair swords, etc, then get Gold or Deluxe and either skip the souvenirs or hope to find them piecemeal on eBay or something.

I have the Gold Edition, and IMHO the only extra content in it that's really a must have is Freedom Cry, but I'm not a collectibles kind of guy, so it's still the appropriate version for me.

toolen22
12-31-2013, 08:06 PM
Anyone know how to get the Aveline Figurehead DLC in North America on Playstation 3? If you own the Gold Edition, don't bother answering, since the figurehead comes with the Aveline missions in the Gold Edition.

YazX_
01-01-2014, 11:12 PM
Anyone know how to get the Aveline Figurehead DLC in North America on Playstation 3? If you own the Gold Edition, don't bother answering, since the figurehead comes with the Aveline missions in the Gold Edition.

this is the wrong thread in the forum as it is for PC, head to consoles thread and post your question there.