PDA

View Full Version : lead writer walks you through all-New naval Gameplay (VG24/7)

prince162010
10-08-2013, 04:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw7svTz8gsc

pacmanate
10-08-2013, 04:43 PM
Naval gameplay?! Finally! I've been waiting ages to see some of that!

SixKeys
10-08-2013, 04:58 PM
Naval gameplay?! Finally! I've been waiting ages to see some of that!

^^ Lol, this.

Wolfmeister1010
10-08-2013, 06:09 PM
Enough naval already. We have seen too much.

HyperActive66
10-08-2013, 06:27 PM
None of this is new sadly. Just bits and parts of other videos without their commentary :(

GreySkellig
10-08-2013, 06:40 PM
Aaaaaand it still looks like a cartoon compared to AC3 naval. Especially those new broadside animations (compared to the ones from the first build we saw a while back). What the heck? Not even the most precise, British-drilled gun crews could fire with that degree of synchronization, and the Jackdaw carries nowhere near enough guns to fire three volleys so quickly. I get that the (hyper-unrealistic) cannon-aiming mechanic was added to make combat less about having to line up with the enemy (though I think it will take the fun challenge out of timing a broadside just right) but for the love of all that is good and immersive, why does the Jackdaw have to pop out so many shots at a go? Couldn't they have just scaled the damage? Watch this and then watch the volleys from AC3 and tell me this doesn't look ridiculously game-y.

Also just noticed that the Jackdaw reduces that man-of-war from full health to de-masted with two volleys, six swivel guns shots, and a shot from the front chasers. Which seems way too easy. Granted, it might be highly upgraded, but still.