PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Vision....

phoenix-force411
10-08-2013, 06:24 AM
After Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Eagle Vision became a less used mechanic and an abandoned trait that is failed to be mention upon Connor, Haytham, and Edward Kenway. I guess this does for Aveline too. Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed II, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, and Assassin's Creed: Revelations, were the last games to ever mention or hint that the protagonists had a gift.

What do you guys think?

roostersrule2
10-08-2013, 08:12 AM
I think it was because Achilles stopped caring about the Assassins so he didn't care if Coner had it or not or he told him when he was explaining **** and we didn't hear that part.

pacmanate
10-08-2013, 08:45 AM
You didn't even have to use Eagle Vision in AC3, it wasn't utilized at all, it was thrown in because its something Assassin's can have, not to serve any more purpose. Its probably why it wasnt mentioned.

EllJim
10-08-2013, 09:52 AM
Already confirmed by multiple videos that Edward is almost revitalizing the Eagle vision link, by allowing almost "tagging" of items i.e. exiting eagle visions shows enemies for a while and creatures that you can hunt.

I agree completely it was almost useless in 3, was way too bright for one, but I think this time round it will be "back on track" rather than, as you said added because it's an AC game and thus it should be there.

Aphex_Tim
10-08-2013, 10:07 AM
In AC3 it was very useful for finding clues but that's really about all I ever used it for.

pacmanate
10-08-2013, 10:19 AM
In AC3 it was very useful for finding clues but that's really about all I ever used it for.

I never even used it for that seeing as a massive magnifying glass came up before I was even near the area.

Mr_Shade
10-08-2013, 01:43 PM
It's useful in AC4 for hunting..

DisbandedBox359
10-08-2013, 03:12 PM
Is it mentioned in Revelations even? Don't suppose it mattered as it was touched on that Ezio had it in 2 and Brotherhood.

pacmanate
10-08-2013, 03:24 PM
Glowing Monkeys!

I am glad Eagle Vision highlights killable animals, like monkeys.

DisbandedBox359
10-08-2013, 03:29 PM
Glowing Monkeys!

I am glad Eagle Vision highlights killable animals, like monkeys.

Shooting monkeys what more could you want haha.

pacmanate
10-08-2013, 03:30 PM
Shooting monkeys what more could you want haha.

I can't wait to hear the death sound. So for the beavers are at the top of my "Animal death noise" list

phoenix-force411
10-08-2013, 03:42 PM
Lolz, you guys are funny! :D I just don't like the fact that Eagle Vision is just slapped onto every one now.

DisbandedBox359
10-08-2013, 03:45 PM
I can't wait to hear the death sound. So for the beavers are at the top of my "Animal death noise" list

Almost felt bad killing them.

phoenix-force411
10-08-2013, 03:46 PM
Is it mentioned in Revelations even? Don't suppose it mattered as it was touched on that Ezio had it in 2 and Brotherhood.

Yusuf does mention this on the mission where you have to take out a den leader. It's in Sequence 2. I believe he says something about using [Ezio's] gift.

DisbandedBox359
10-08-2013, 03:50 PM
Yusuf does mention this on the mission where you have to take out a den leader. It's in Sequence 2. I believe he says something about using [Ezio's] gift.

Ah right my mistake. Yeah pretty sure I only used in AC3 when I couldn't find those stupid clues haha.

Templar_Az
10-08-2013, 05:33 PM
In AC:4 aren't you able to see through walls?

pacmanate
10-08-2013, 05:36 PM
In AC:4 aren't you able to see through walls?

You cant see through walls. You have to tag enemies first, then they appear visible through walls.

Templar_Az
10-08-2013, 05:42 PM
So technically you can still see through walls.

But I get it now, thanks. Seems like it might turn out to be a useful tool; especially in missions where your not supposed to be detected.

pacmanate
10-08-2013, 05:43 PM
So technically you can still see through walls.

But I get it now, thanks. Seems like it might turn out to be a useful tool; especially in missions where your not supposed to be detected.

The way you said it sounded like you mean Eagle Vision see's through walls, which it doesn't.

TheDanteEX
10-08-2013, 05:46 PM
I disagree. I don't think Eagle Vision played any role in Alair's story of AC1. I can't recall it even being mentioned by any other characters but the Animus voiceover. The only use it had was to show Desmond was undergoing the bleeding effect, but that would've been a bit difficult to put together at the time given the basic (and secretive) information we had about the bleeding effect.

AC2 and ACB made it more convienent to use, and there were times where you were forced to use it, but other than that, it wasn't all that important. ACR made it an actual strategic tool that I loved to use to plan out attacks and see through smoke bombs. Story-wise, it was scarcely mentioned in all of these games.

AC3 is a bit between AC2/ACB and ACR. It helps you find clues from a distance, but other than that, it's not really needed. I don't remember it being mentioned or hinted at even once by a character.

Templar_Az
10-08-2013, 05:53 PM
The most useful use of eagle vision for me in AC:3 was when your looking for clues and not to forget Haytham using it in the beginning of the game when he assassinated the old guy in the theatre.

pacmanate
10-08-2013, 05:54 PM
The most useful use of eagle vision for me in AC:3 was when your looking for clues and not to forget Haytham using it in the beginning of the game when he assassinated the old guy in the theatre.

But they Haymich one was forced

TheDanteEX
10-08-2013, 05:56 PM
Everybody's first time was forced.

...wait.

Kaschra
10-08-2013, 05:58 PM
True, Eagle vision in AC3 was pretty unnecessary.
I like the way it was ued in Revelations.

STDlyMcStudpants
10-08-2013, 06:18 PM
I only use eagle vision for 2 reasons
1. Mission forces it
2. Collectibles
:D
I love eagle vision..super useful....
I dont feel like it needs to be explained in every game..its one of the first things i look for, for those moments that i need it..
For the new guys..sucks to be you muahahahaha you will never know its magic! but seriously, save up $60 and go buy the last 5 games first

Edit: We had to use it for the kidd mission didnt we?
And for hunting in AC3..so TBH it was just as present as it was in previous games IMO
I was using it all of the time....
But in AC2 i would leave it on as a I ran around lol
Because no collectibles on the map :(

STDlyMcStudpants
10-08-2013, 06:22 PM

Yeah when we had to use it to follow a trail in the snow...firs ime i ever used it...ACR was my first ac game ;D

shobhit7777777
10-08-2013, 06:30 PM
Used it a lot in Revelations to figure out patrol routes. Helped me plant mines around the perimeter and kick **** off from my perch...extra fun when a bunch of the other faction's guards would be in the vicinity.

I believe ACBF will make great use of it.

Kaschra
10-08-2013, 06:32 PM
Piri Reis also mentioned Ezio's eagle vision in ACR.

pacmanate
10-08-2013, 06:41 PM
Everybody's first time was forced.

...wait.

:p worked for me

phoenix-force411
10-08-2013, 07:11 PM
I only use eagle vision for 2 reasons
1. Mission forces it
2. Collectibles
:D
I love eagle vision..super useful....
I dont feel like it needs to be explained in every game..its one of the first things i look for, for those moments that i need it..
For the new guys..sucks to be you muahahahaha you will never know its magic! but seriously, save up $60 and go buy the last 5 games first

Edit: We had to use it for the kidd mission didnt we?
And for hunting in AC3..so TBH it was just as present as it was in previous games IMO
I was using it all of the time....
But in AC2 i would leave it on as a I ran around lol
Because no collectibles on the map :(

They don't hint on the subject if Haytham and Connor actually possessed the ability. Eagle Vision is only for those who have high concentration of First Civilization DNA in them, but now, it seems that everyone has them. I don't what Aveline's story is, but she has Eagle Vision too. The Kidd Mission missions did utilize it, but the game never tells you if they had a gift or not.

Hans684
10-08-2013, 07:17 PM
Adewale is going to have it.

STDlyMcStudpants
10-08-2013, 07:22 PM
They don't hint on the subject if Haytham and Connor actually possessed the ability. Eagle Vision is only for those who have high concentration of First Civilization DNA in them, but now, it seems that everyone has them. I don't what Aveline's story is, but she has Eagle Vision too. The Kidd Mission missions did utilize it, but the game never tells you if they had a gift or not.

well they kind of have to if they are related to desmond, right?

Jexx21
10-08-2013, 07:37 PM
Devs explained that eagle vision can be activated by anyone, because pretty much everyone has some First Civ DNA in them.

phoenix-force411
10-08-2013, 08:35 PM
Devs explained that eagle vision can be activated by anyone, because pretty much everyone has some First Civ DNA in them.

I believe it can only be used by those with a higher concentration of First Civilization DNA in them. If everyone had it, it would be a messes up world.

Jexx21
10-08-2013, 08:38 PM
I believe it can only be used by those with a higher concentration of First Civilization DNA in them. If everyone had it, it would be a messes up world.
nope, devs already confirmed that everyone has the potential to unlock it.

adventurewomen
10-08-2013, 08:54 PM
Eagle vision in AC3 was useful when finding clues, hunting and detecting enemies and targets. I used Eagle vision as much as I normally do in previous AC games. The Eagle Vision is important element to the AC games and it is useful.

phoenix-force411
10-08-2013, 09:12 PM
nope, devs already confirmed that everyone has the potential to unlock it.

Can we unlock it?

shobhit7777777
10-08-2013, 09:32 PM
Can we unlock it?

Yes. It requires a non-invasive surgery and around 2-3 years of physiotherapy. Its an expensive procedure. If you send me your e-mail ID and bank details I can get started on setting you up with an appointment ASAP. The waiting time can be anywhere between 3 weeks to a couple of months. Ordering for it now will net you a discount of around 50%. Send me your credit card details and I can get you the discount now. I shall also require an original copy of your driver's license, birth certificate, medical files and your full name and address.

I have been in the Nigerian Surgery Facilitation Services for over 20 years and have extensive experience with clients from the United States. Accomodation will be sponsored by the Hospital and you will be treated to our state of the art facilities including but not limited to - X-rays, stethoscopes and cotton swabs. We also have recently acquired a new batch of fresh syringes and maintain high hygiene standards.

Our entire massive staff of over 12 nurses and 3 doctors - of which 3 even have a degree in medicine - will be there to cater to your needs 24/7. For further information contact me via the forum's PM service or email me at - shobhit_dropyourpants@ndbugger-you-stupid.com

Testimonials:

"The service was absolutely out of this world. Really, it was so horrible that it felt like an alien experience. I believe I've had my left kidney removed" - Ross, 37, US

"I don't know what is happening, but can I please have my clothes back" - Sonya, 56, UK

"I can see people in shades of blue and ugly yellow....this is truly the way to see the world" - Rajesh, 33, India

"The experience was awesome. I never really wanted any kids and a vasectomy was the right choice" - Shane, 44, US

"Hola, soy raro, pero ¿puedo obtener los 1.000 dólares que me ofrecen? y mi ropa, así que estaría bien" - Eddie, 34, Sri Lanka

Jexx21
10-08-2013, 09:32 PM
it doesn't exist..

but if we were in the AC universe.. yes.. it's possible, but it requires certain factors I suppose

STDlyMcStudpants
10-08-2013, 11:20 PM
it doesn't exist..

but if we were in the AC universe.. yes.. it's possible, but it requires certain factors I suppose

Everything exists...
We aren't the only civilization or planet with life forms...
Probability will tell you that there is a guaranteed exact copy of you in the universe...
(Assuming we are more than just coincidence)
Think about that for a second....EVERY other possible combination has to exist for there to be an exact copy of you...
The same has to be true for human abilities..
If something can be thought of, it can be made into existence...

Jexx21
10-08-2013, 11:37 PM
I'm talking about this universe...

phoenix-force411
10-09-2013, 02:48 AM
Yes. It requires a non-invasive surgery and around 2-3 years of physiotherapy. Its an expensive procedure. If you send me your e-mail ID and bank details I can get started on setting you up with an appointment ASAP. The waiting time can be anywhere between 3 weeks to a couple of months. Ordering for it now will net you a discount of around 50%. Send me your credit card details and I can get you the discount now. I shall also require an original copy of your driver's license, birth certificate, medical files and your full name and address.

I have been in the Nigerian Surgery Facilitation Services for over 20 years and have extensive experience with clients from the United States. Accomodation will be sponsored by the Hospital and you will be treated to our state of the art facilities including but not limited to - X-rays, stethoscopes and cotton swabs. We also have recently acquired a new batch of fresh syringes and maintain high hygiene standards.

Our entire massive staff of over 12 nurses and 3 doctors - of which 3 even have a degree in medicine - will be there to cater to your needs 24/7. For further information contact me via the forum's PM service or email me at - shobhit_dropyourpants@ndbugger-you-stupid.com

Testimonials:

"The service was absolutely out of this world. Really, it was so horrible that it felt like an alien experience. I believe I've had my left kidney removed" - Ross, 37, US

"I don't know what is happening, but can I please have my clothes back" - Sonya, 56, UK

"I can see people in shades of blue and ugly yellow....this is truly the way to see the world" - Rajesh, 33, India

"The experience was awesome. I never really wanted any kids and a vasectomy was the right choice" - Shane, 44, US

"Hola, soy raro, pero ¿puedo obtener los 1.000 dólares que me ofrecen? y mi ropa, así que estaría bien" - Eddie, 34, Sri Lanka

I see glowing people! :D