PDA

View Full Version : 15 minutes of new gameplay

AidenPixxel
10-07-2013, 08:15 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag/videos/15-minutes-of-exclusive-open-world-piracy-with-assassins-creed-6415400/?tag=Topslot;Slot1

lothario-da-be
10-07-2013, 08:22 PM
New gameplay? Again? Watching now.

ArabianFrost
10-07-2013, 08:28 PM
God almighty the comment section.......it's just.....so blindly ignorant.

pirate1802
10-07-2013, 08:31 PM

Don't look down.. whatever you do, just don't look down.

lothario-da-be
10-07-2013, 08:32 PM
Haha didn't read them first. They are hilarious.

Rugterwyper32
10-07-2013, 08:34 PM
I usually avoid comment sections, so this one will be no exception

Also, I still think underwater sections need something like this

http://youtu.be/9Yw5jkAHgME

lothario-da-be
10-07-2013, 08:36 PM
I usually avoid comment sections, so this one will be no exception

Also, I still think underwater sections need something like this

http://youtu.be/9Yw5jkAHgME
I would hate that.

poptartz20
10-07-2013, 08:41 PM
hahhah! yes I heard this sound so much. gahh.. I will forever love and hate you sonic.

Sushiglutton
10-07-2013, 08:42 PM
I think the new system for close combat with animals is kind of clever. Instead of getting rid of QTEs entirely (which would mean a ton of work) you can't kill the crocodile by it, only scare him away. That's a smart middle ground solution to a tricky problem.

Comparing GTA underwater with this, I'm glad they went with restricted areas for diving and not the full world.

Don't look down.. whatever you do, just don't look down.

LOL

ArabianFrost
10-07-2013, 08:46 PM
The only good thing about this video is that it highlighted the negative or mediocre aspects of the game. Harpooning is pretty much your normal aim and shoot that will probably be repetitive and mundane after a while, underwater gameplay will be suspenseful but not too fun and hunting is somewhat the same. Still, I don't care too much. I'll be too busy doing the normal assassination stuff.

lothario-da-be
10-07-2013, 08:46 PM
I think the new system for close combat with animals is kind of clever. Instead of getting rid of QTEs entirely (which would mean a ton of work) you can't kill the crocodile by it, only scare him away. That's a smart middle ground solution to a tricky problem.

Comparing GTA underwater with this, I'm glad they went with restricted areas for diving and not the full world.
Yeah, they look good. I expected some crappy diving stuff.

pacmanate
10-07-2013, 09:21 PM
I just want confirmation, we can't pirate this game right? Even though it's about pirates? I just want to make sure.

this is obviously a joke so please mods, don't shun me

lothario-da-be
10-07-2013, 09:25 PM
I just want confirmation, we can't pirate this game right? Even though it's about pirates? I just want to make sure.

this is obviously a joke so please mods, don't shun me
I can't find the spoiler tag thing :(

pacmanate
10-07-2013, 09:28 PM
I can't find the spoiler tag thing :(

Its ["spoiler"] then ["/spoiler"] without the " " things.

Also that is a point, no one knows how to use them. Can the mods pass on word to the design team of the site to integrate it in the reply box somewhere so people know how to use it/ know it exists?

Jexx21
10-07-2013, 09:36 PM
The only good thing about this video is that it highlighted the negative or mediocre aspects of the game. Harpooning is pretty much your normal aim and shoot that will probably be repetitive and mundane after a while, underwater gameplay will be suspenseful but not too fun and hunting is somewhat the same. Still, I don't care too much. I'll be too busy doing the normal assassination stuff.

What? the normal assassination stuff which is just choose a guy, press a button, kill him. You can make anything sound mundane.

You're just a complainer.

ArabianFrost
10-07-2013, 09:45 PM
What? the normal assassination stuff which is just choose a guy, press a button, kill him. You can make anything sound mundane.

You're just a complainer.

Normal assassination stuff isn't about pressing a button to kill. It actually requires you to plan your route and navigate through a city, jungle or any other parkouring platform and then choose your weapon be it ranged or close. You're pretty much describing any normal game. I'm not complaining for no reason. You heard the interviewer and you hear poptart her self say it. Harpooning is cool and suspenseful, but it's not a mechanic that has longevity and can feel tedious after a while. Underwater just looks like it won't offer much to do. Seriously, not everything has to be perfect. Some mechanics are just there for the atmosphere and are not too solid. These water activities are an example of that.

Jexx21
10-07-2013, 09:48 PM
Normal assassination stuff isn't about pressing a button to kill. It actually requires you to plan your route and navigate through a city, jungle or any other parkouring platform and then choose your weapon be it ranged or close. You're pretty much describing any normal game. I'm not complaining for no reason. You heard the interviewer and you hear poptart her self say it. Harpooning is cool and suspenseful, but it's not a mechanic that has longevity and can feel tedious after a while. Underwater just looks like it won't offer much to do. Seriously, not everything has to be perfect. Some mechanics are just there for the atmosphere and are not too solid. These water activities are an example of that.

Exactly, but you have such a negative attitude about it. What they're doing with those mechanics is what they should be doing. Although, I'm surprised your not excited about underwater since it's supposed to be stealth based, but you can't be seen. Sort of like being a thief and stealing things under the guard's noses (the guards in this case being sharks and other dangerous sea creatures).

Wolfmeister1010
10-07-2013, 09:55 PM
I have seen quite enough underwater, ship, and harpoon gameplay. What I want are more examples of city and land based stealth gameplay.

Layytez
10-07-2013, 09:56 PM
I have seen quite enough underwater, ship, and harpoon gameplay. What I want are more examples of city and land based stealth gameplay.
This.

pacmanate
10-07-2013, 10:04 PM

This x 1000. Been saying this since E3. Watching Naval battles is boring imo, fun to play, boring to watch. Same goes for underwater, whats so fun about watching some swim around. I want to see cities too, and properly. We are very close to release now so I doubt we will get anything :\

Spider_Sith9
10-07-2013, 11:15 PM

Pretty much. But the thing is the fact that we have alot of stuff to do. Actual good stuff unlike AC3's Delivery/Assassinations. I had much more fun doing Boston Brawlers and Frontiersman than that borefest so hunting and diving doesn't seem all that bad.

LoyalACFan
10-07-2013, 11:51 PM
Wait, that's not the whole map? Seriously? I already thought that was huge... and there's more?

pirate1802
10-08-2013, 05:04 AM

This. Any more ship gameplay and I'm gonna puke. But yeah, this close to release I don't expect them to show more. Which can turn out to be a good thing. Nassau and Kingston would be unexplored beauties :D

LieutenantRex
10-08-2013, 05:18 AM
I don't want them to show anything other than what they've already shown. Cities, plantations, and forts must remain fresh and mysterious until we play in them.

Aphex_Tim
10-08-2013, 07:57 AM
Harpooning is cool and suspenseful, but it's not a mechanic that has longevity and can feel tedious after a while.

I don't actually think it really needs longevity. Maybe it's just because this game is starting to look more and more like AC: Far Cry 3 Edition (which is definitely not a bad thing!), but I'm feeling we'll only be needing a couple of shark skins - six or so - to craft everything we can with it.
If we'll have to hunt sharks a bazillion times per playthrough it'll get tedious for sure but I'm kinda feeling this won't be the case.

roostersrule2
10-08-2013, 08:03 AM
Looks cool.

AlphaAltair
10-08-2013, 11:15 AM

Again. This.

Mr_Shade
10-08-2013, 12:45 PM
Its ["spoiler"] then ["/spoiler"] without the " " things.

Also that is a point, no one knows how to use them. Can the mods pass on word to the design team of the site to integrate it in the reply box somewhere so people know how to use it/ know it exists?
It's in the advanced posting options - the ones no one ever uses..

I will be sure to point it out - in the spoiler rules sticky...

Can I just say.. look at the GRAPHICS lol ;)

Crabs have shadows.. oooh

pacmanate
10-08-2013, 01:01 PM
It's in the advanced posting options - the ones no one ever uses..

I will be sure to point it out - in the spoiler rules sticky...

Can I just say.. look at the GRAPHICS lol ;)

Crabs have shadows.. oooh

Cant kill them unfortunately. Also, how come when Edward shoots animals the game doesn't tell us we have ruined the pelt?

Mr_Shade
10-08-2013, 01:02 PM
Cant kill them unfortunately. Also, how come when Edward shoots animals the game doesn't tell us we have ruined the pelt?
Dunno.. maybe Edward likes holes in his holsters? ;)

pacmanate
10-08-2013, 01:05 PM
Dunno.. maybe Edward likes holes in his holsters? ;)

Wha?!

So I'm guessing the concept of having a ruined pelt is out or something then? Can we use poison darts on iguanas?

roostersrule2
10-08-2013, 01:06 PM
Crabs have shadows.. ooohThey certainly have repercussions.

Mr_Shade
10-08-2013, 01:09 PM
Wha?!

So I'm guessing the concept of having a ruined pelt is out or something then? Can we use poison darts on iguanas?
I'm checking - don't have a drama - nothing has been confirmed yet?

pacmanate
10-08-2013, 01:11 PM
I'm checking - don't have a drama - nothing has been confirmed yet?

I was just asking -_-

Mr_Shade
10-08-2013, 01:12 PM
I was just asking -_-yeah yeah..:cool:

And So am I ;)

lasha7716
10-08-2013, 02:11 PM
Don't look in spoiler it has HUGE spoiler in it Bruce Wayne is Batman

adventurewomen
10-08-2013, 02:15 PM
You can step on the crabs to kill them like the rats in AC3.

I made Edward step on a crab in the Eurogamer Demo and yeah the crunch sound is there. :eek:

roostersrule2
10-08-2013, 02:15 PM
Don't look in spoiler it has HUGE spoiler in it Bruce Wayne is BatmanI doubt that's true but if that does happen in the game, I will find you and I will kill you.

pirate1802
10-08-2013, 03:13 PM

:( Nooooo dude you just spoiled AC4 fo me, y u do dis? ;_;

pacmanate
10-08-2013, 03:24 PM

Thanks a lot.

I-Like-Pie45
10-08-2013, 03:25 PM
Edward is a character!

pacmanate
10-08-2013, 05:28 PM
Edward is a character!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/556824_639372292763534_1411398921_n.jpg

eagleforlife1
10-08-2013, 06:05 PM

I was more bothered by the ignorance of one of the commentators. He said sharks are "[incomprehensible] killing machines". They really aren't. You are more likely to be killed by a coconut falling on your head than you are by a shark.

Aphex_Tim
10-08-2013, 06:30 PM
Snape kills Dumbledore