PDA

View Full Version : PS3 to PS4 upgrade question

TJ_Wylde
10-07-2013, 05:30 PM
Hey guys.

If this has been posted on the forums again i'm sorry. I've looked but i couldn't find it or maybe i need glasses haha.

There are by now a thousand posts and blogs that tell you that you can upgrade the AC4 ps3 version to the ps4 version for a reduced price. Now i love this since i ordered it on ps3 not sure if i'll get the ps4 but now i'm getting the ps4 i of course love that version. Couldn't change the order (black chest @ ubishop) so this is a great solution.

Now the thing i can't find anywhere. If you like me bought the Black Chest edition you get a a lot of DLC's with it. And i'm wondering now if you buy that upgrade to ps4 for you game does it upgrade to a PS4 version of the version of the game you have. Like Black Chest or Bucaneer or Limited Edition etc. And also carry over the DLC that comes with these versions of the game to the PS4.

Hope i make any sense hehe and anyone here knows an answer to this. Thanks guys (and girls).

Cosmic_Rooster
10-07-2013, 05:40 PM
Good question and one I have been seeking an answer to for some time ;)

I'm pretty sure for any version of the boxed game, the upgrade will be to the standard edition for the PS4. However you can pre-order both standard and deluxe digital versions from the PlayStation Store, I contacted Ubisoft support regarding what version you will be upgraded to and unfortunately they do not yet know for sure.

If you find any further information then please share :p

TJ_Wylde
10-07-2013, 10:09 PM
I'll do that Rooster. Like you i've been looking around but no information anywhere and support either doesn't know or doesn't want to say it.

Secretly i'm hoping Mr.Shade will read this and possibly have a definitive answer for us all regarding this "problem". Especially if you can just get deluxe (and i think i saw gold editions somewhere that have the same digital stuff as the black chest) editions on the PSN store then i don't see why we couldn't upgrade to an exact equal of the box you pre-orderd.

AU7thGear
10-08-2013, 05:09 PM
Also wondering this. As I'll probably only do one playthrough before moving onto the PS4 version, all the DLC would go to waste if it doesn't transfer, and I'm not buying it again, having forked out the $190 for the Black Chest Edition ahah!

Mr_Shade
10-08-2013, 05:12 PM
I currently have no information other than what you guys have - it's a Sony deal, so information is a little sparse at present.

I will see what I can find out.

Cosmic_Rooster
10-08-2013, 05:35 PM
I currently have no information other than what you guys have - it's a Sony deal, so information is a little sparse at present.

I will see what I can find out.

Much appreciated Mr_Shade, while you are investigating is there any chance you might be able to find out details for the PS4 digital versions(s) as in price and content? :p

Templar_Az
10-08-2013, 05:46 PM
You might get 99p off

pacmanate
10-08-2013, 05:47 PM
You might get 99p off

Digital downloads are actually way more expensive, probably due to server costs.

Mr_Shade
10-08-2013, 06:08 PM
Season passes are transferable.

PS3 will carry over to PS4 - and Xbox 360 Will carry over to Xbox One - and my sources seem to think it will work due to linking to your Uplay account - so it's possible it may work ps3 to Xbox one.

They are checking on DLC / ULC - so please bear with me.

Price of the PS4 upgrade, according to the news I have seen from Sony, is about £10 - I'm sure someone can confirm Sony's offer - if I am mistaken.?

It will most likely be the basic edition of the game, but if my source is correct [which I will post back with] - your DLC / ULC / Season pass will add back in any missing content, so you 'should' end up with the same content on the new console.

However let me get back to you on that!

STDlyMcStudpants
10-08-2013, 06:34 PM
We currently have no info on DLC or Trophy information regarding current to nextgen copies.
I would assume DLC is nothing more than a pass and will work like they currently do
You can download your redeemed codes on different accounts or your own up to a total 5 times i believe? (Could be more than 5). So that family member don't have to fight over who get's the dlc/online pass and incase your console breaks and you have to get a new one and redownload everything again.
When you sign into your PSN on your PS4 you will go into the PS store where it will see your account owns the pass to download this dlc but will probably count towards the 5 downloads you are allowed to have..
People take advantage of this all of the time, they trade game shares (DLC and indie games) So don't do this if you plan to go nextgen with your games.
Trophies I think will work the same way as it does for Vita..2 different trophy sets, you can only carry over your progress by syncing to the cloud which we are forced to have if you plan on playing online (comes with PS+)
I'm also very curious about MP if ps3 and ps4 will be playing with eachother and if not..will all of your stats carry over and auto pop online trophies since MP progression is almost always saved on the games servers and not actually on your console.

pacmanate
10-08-2013, 06:41 PM
We currently have no info on DLC or Trophy information regarding current to nextgen copies.
I would assume DLC is nothing more than a pass and will work like they currently do
You can download your redeemed codes on different accounts or your own up to a total 5 times i believe? (Could be more than 5). So that family member don't have to fight over who get's the dlc/online pass and incase your console breaks and you have to get a new one and redownload everything again.
When you sign into your PSN on your PS4 you will go into the PS store where it will see your account owns the pass to download this dlc but will probably count towards the 5 downloads you are allowed to have..
People take advantage of this all of the time, they trade game shares (DLC and indie games) So don't do this if you plan to go nextgen with your games.
Trophies I think will work the same way as it does for Vita..2 different trophy sets, you can only carry over your progress by syncing to the cloud which we are forced to have if you plan on playing online (comes with PS+)
I'm also very curious about MP if ps3 and ps4 will be playing with eachother and if not..will all of your stats carry over and auto pop online trophies since MP progression is almost always saved on the games servers and not actually on your console.

I don't think cross platform gameplay will happen. PS3 and PS4 will be running different code.

STDlyMcStudpants
10-08-2013, 07:07 PM
I don't think cross platform gameplay will happen. PS3 and PS4 will be running different code.

Isn't there plans/doesn't a cross platform PS3 PC game already exist?
I forget which game was doing it..skyrim online?? Final Fantasy? A completely new game? I forget lol but i know it exists...
Im sure if they really wanted to they could...
But I do doubt the had the time to pull it off :(

TJ_Wylde
10-08-2013, 08:40 PM
Yes Final Fantasy XIV ARR has PS3/PC cross platform servers where ppl from both platforms play together in the MMO. And when the PS4 is releaded it's PS3/PS4/PC shared server. All together in one big happy place :D

I'll wait and see if Mr_Shade get some more info for us because the rest is mostly still speculations. Price for the upgrade i think should be around 10 bucks i think if i remember correctly. And tbh. STDlyMcStudpants (man what a name to type hehe) has a good point with the PSN part. I'd also guess that you can just redownload it from your list of redeemed/owned codes but we also know that not everything we buy now from the PSN store will be usable on the PS4 so maybe it won't re recognized. Idk it's all theory and speculation of course. Let's wait and see what Mr_Shade hears and gets back to us with the info. So far so good and i hope the facts will support the theory :D.

Cosmic_Rooster
10-09-2013, 12:53 AM
Price of the PS4 upgrade, according to the news I have seen from Sony, is about £10 - I'm sure someone can confirm Sony's offer - if I am mistaken.?

The upgrade is £10 but I'm after details for the PlayStation 4 digital version of the game, as in not using the upgrade offer and buying the game from the PlayStation Store for the PS4 on November 29th when the console launches.

I would prefer a digital version of Black Flag but with no information relating to price and content available, making a good pre-order decision is not so easy.

TJ_Wylde
10-09-2013, 05:32 AM
Just a small heads up for those of us that are upgrading as well. Don't know if everyone reads the PS blogs of course:

from playstation blog (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/09/19/how-to-upgrade-select-ps3-games-to-their-ps4-versions/)
Gamers who purchase a PS3 Blu-ray Disc of these four games will find a code packed into the PS3 version that they can redeem on PlayStation Store. To play the PS4 version of the game when it becomes available, you’ll need to insert the original PS3 disc in your PS4 to activate and play the PS4 version, so hang onto that PS3 disc!

Gamers who purchase the digital version of any of these four games will not need to redeem a code to receive their PS4 versions. When your PS4 arrives, just look for the PS4 version of the game on PlayStation Store – it will appear on PlayStation Store on your PS4 for the discounted price of $9.99. Just purchase it and start playing!

For those of you who purchase the PS3 disc version of the games, you do not need a PS4 system to redeem your code, so feel free to redeem it as soon as you pick up your PS3 copy — you can download your digital copy later when your PS4 arrives.

But don’t wait: This program lasts for a limited time. You’ll need to redeem your code and make the purchase before January 31st, 2014 (for Assassin’s Creed IV and Watch_Dogs), March 28th (for Battlefield 4), or March 31st (for Call of Duty: Ghosts) in order to participate.

Also i have to admit Mr_Shade. You are probably the best/most involved CM i've ever had the pleasure of encountering.

AU7thGear
10-11-2013, 04:11 PM
Any update on this Mr_Shade?

TJ_Wylde
10-11-2013, 06:52 PM
Just a bumb because of that massive spam on the first page now.

And of course still in hope that Mr_Shade gets some info from those he contacted :D

pacmanate
10-11-2013, 06:55 PM
Regarding PS3 and PS4 cross multiplayer.

I know this isn't battlefield but as an example... at the top of the skyscraper in next gen there are sofas and furniture there, in current gen there isn't. If they had cross multiplayer then how would you bridge this? Next gen would be moving round sofas and current gen people would be running anywhere they please.

Again, I know this isnt battlefield, but just as an example.

TJ_Wylde
10-11-2013, 07:17 PM
Regarding PS3 and PS4 cross multiplayer.

I know this isn't battlefield but as an example... at the top of the skyscraper in next gen there are sofas and furniture there, in current gen there isn't. If they had cross multiplayer then how would you bridge this? Next gen would be moving round sofas and current gen people would be running anywhere they please.

Again, I know this isnt battlefield, but just as an example.

Nah don't really think it's that difficult (not saying it's easy just that's it's already happening). Like i said before. Final Fantasy XIV ARR already has PC/PS3 Xplatform servers where we all play together at the same time. And after the launches on PS4 it will be PC/PS3/PS4 all together like one big happy family on one server all playing together (No Xbox of course cause they idk. they have issues :p). So it should be possible for AC4BF as well. At least PC/PS3/PS4 should be possible. Again MS has some strange issues with their gold membership that is obligated to play online which blocked FF from the Xplatform and IF it happens maybe also with AC4BF. But again. It's possible but the devs have to make it happen.

Anywayz lets get back on-topic guys. We really wanna know this info and hate to see the thread get closed for straying to far from the topic (if that even happens here idk tbh.)

Black_Widow9
10-12-2013, 04:12 AM
Just a bumb because of that massive spam on the first page now.

And of course still in hope that Mr_Shade gets some info from those he contacted :D
We didn't forget about this. Hopefully we will have an exact answer soon. ;)

Cosmic_Rooster
10-12-2013, 01:22 PM
Random photo of an Assassin's Creed room in a French PlayStation apartment

http://i.jeuxactus.com/datas/divers/p/s/ps4/xl/ps4-photo-5258270f489b6.jpg

Interesting video of the apartment, slightly dodgy camera work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUio-u5uLa0

TJ_Wylde
10-24-2013, 10:29 AM
Hey guys (Mr_shade & Black_Widow9). Just curious to see if you guys heard anything back on this subject so far?

Mr_Shade
10-24-2013, 10:39 AM
Hey guys (Mr_shade & Black_Widow9). Just curious to see if you guys heard anything back on this subject so far?
Nothing I'm able to confirm / deny at present.

As soon as I have a solid answer I'll let you know.

Cosmic_Rooster
10-24-2013, 10:58 AM
Just had an email from Sony regarding the EU digital version.

Pre Order the Digital Deluxe Edition from the PlayStation Store and enjoy the following:

http://image.playstationmail.net/lib/fe9815707366037b74/m/1/AC4_650_21.jpg

SleezeRocker
10-24-2013, 05:02 PM
Just had an email from Sony regarding the EU digital version.

Pre Order the Digital Deluxe Edition from the PlayStation Store and enjoy the following:

http://image.playstationmail.net/lib/fe9815707366037b74/m/1/AC4_650_21.jpg

You get that from buying digitally in PStore? What the frig? Even digitally we get C-Rap lol
all we get is an Aveline Figurehead, which was made apparent to me by M.Shade, that it's some fancy piece you place on the boat. Would've been nice if it came with at least either a bonus weapon or suit as well :p

Landruner
10-24-2013, 05:33 PM
That is an excellent question I believe it is the same for the Xbox360 upgrade to XBONE - Well as far as I know Sony offers an upgrade from PS3 to PS4 by redeemed ($9.99) but for a digital version of AC4 only and that offer end in January 31, 2014 - I try to get info if that transfer shall include the online pass and the future DLCs, and Sony rep told me that they did not know since the game is not released yet they could be positive about the main game but could not answer for the exclusivities add-ons - Microsoft rep told me that NO you will have to rebuy the online pass for the XBONE version. Upon contacting Ubisoft the answer was they do not know and also told me that it is the responsibility of the console providers to furnish the support for those type of questions. So apparently, no one really know.

SleezeRocker
10-24-2013, 06:47 PM
That is an excellent question I believe it is the same for the Xbox360 upgrade to XBONE - Well as far as I know Sony offers an upgrade from PS3 to PS4 by redeemed ($9.99) but for a digital version of AC4 only and that offer end in January 31, 2014

If you buy AC4 (and COD GH, BF4 & WD) digitlaly for PS3- When the PS4 version is available for preorder (like now) you can buy it for 10$

If you buy AC4 by disc (and above games^) the case will come with a (PStore,XBL) code that you can redeem to buy the game 'digitally' for 10$. but NOTE: When you do it this way, you must have the original disc IN the new console to play:
Example; PS3 disc of AC4+PS4 system+PS4 Digital purchase by Code= PS4 AC4 version. YOU MUST HAVE THE PREDECESSOR DISC IN YOUR NEW PS4 TO PLAY.

PS3 to PS4 game UPgrade (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/09/19/how-to-upgrade-select-ps3-games-to-their-ps4-versions/)

I don't know if that is how XB1 does it but im sure the xbox site should have some kind of mention

Mr_Shade
10-25-2013, 01:53 PM
Ubisoft have released the following new information on the upgrade process:

When you buy a copy of Assassin’s Creed®IV Black Flag™ for PlayStation®3, for a limited time only you can download a PlayStation®4 digital copy of the game for an additional £9.99. This offer is available with both retail and digital copies of the PlayStation®3 game. If you have a retail copy, there is a code in the PlayStation®3 version of the game to redeem on the PlayStation®Store to download your PlayStation®4 digital copy.

You must retain your PlayStation®3 disc to play the upgraded PlayStation®4 version. Insert the original PlayStation®3 disc in the PlayStation®4 console to play the game. If you own a digital copy of the PlayStation®3 game, the PlayStation®4 digital download will automatically appear at the discounted price on the PlayStation®Store. Upgrade codes can be redeemed until March 31st, 2014.

Please note that the upgrade offer applies to the Digital Edition of the main game, including

the Aveline exclusive missions
Special Edition additional in-game content
as well as the Uplay Passport.

The PlayStation®3 saved games, trophies and individual downloadable content, other ULC and pre-order content will not be carried across. However, owning the Season Pass on PlayStation® 3 will grant access to the corresponding downloadable content on PlayStation® 4.

TJ_Wylde
10-25-2013, 03:11 PM
Aaahh awesome Mr_Shade. So nothing to worry about. And wont lose my bonus content :D.

Thanks a lot for keeping us up-to-date with this :)

Bastiaen
10-25-2013, 04:06 PM
At Gamestop they told me that DLC carries across, but that could just be hearsay. My wife is making me wait until Xbox One anyway.

WatchTheShow
11-18-2013, 03:13 AM
I can confirm the PS3 pre order bonus content (Black ship, golden scimitars, etc.) did not carry over when I upgraded to the PS4 assassin's creed for $10. Really bummed about this. I bought the season pass though hoping maybe I can get my black ship back.

SneakierNote
11-18-2013, 03:30 AM
Cosmic_Rooster Your signature is the coolest I ever seen. If you made that yourself PM me,if you have time. This is off topic and I am sorry to everyone here.

LatinaC09
11-18-2013, 04:52 PM
Did anyone else have a problem with their Aveline dlc porting over to PS4?? I used the digital upgrade (something I DON'T recommend) and everything downloaded but I don't see the Aveline content anywhere on the main menu. I guess it's not that big of a deal but still....it's kind of annoying. AC4 on PS4 looks gorgeous btw.