PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed IV Looks Good So Far. But Can It Save The Series?

Cosmic_Rooster
10-07-2013, 04:36 PM
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/192h0iqj4encngif/ku-xlarge.gif

Really good preview :)

http://kotaku.com/assassins-creed-iv-looks-good-so-far-but-can-it-save-1441966911

Mr_Shade
10-07-2013, 04:52 PM
'The hype video that Ubisoft put out for the game's next-gen graphics is legit. The water and the foliage does look as good in action as what they showed'

That might help some decide...

Shahkulu101
10-07-2013, 05:01 PM
'The hype video that Ubisoft put out for the game's next-gen graphics is legit. The water and the foliage does look as good in action as what they showed'

That might help some decide...

It just made my previously decided decision ten times harder! To wait or not to wait? That is the question.

TJ_Wylde
10-07-2013, 05:11 PM
Man that article actually made want to just sleep the next 22 days and start playing asap. I loved how he talked about the randomness and how he could just harpoon a bull shark. The underwater exploring. And i actually like this new teleport system. It will save a lot of time. It looks so amazing so i need to also get it on ps4 for sure. Also the point where he mentioned those legendary ships. Really looking forwards to tango with those. Also hope they maybe give you something special when you defeat them.

Now just find out a good source about that ps3 -> ps4 version low price buying stuff. And i'm set for waiting :) Hope Ubi ships those black chest editions in time :)

pacmanate
10-07-2013, 05:50 PM
Foliage <3

Shahkulu101
10-07-2013, 05:53 PM
I wonder how it will hold up graphically to the likes of Uncharted and The Last of Us - both may be better despite AC being next gen.

pacmanate
10-07-2013, 05:56 PM
I wonder how it will hold up graphically to the likes of Uncharted and The Last of Us - both may be better despite AC being next gen.

Uncharted and The Last of Us are both first party linear games so thats a pretty bad comparison.

STDlyMcStudpants
10-07-2013, 05:59 PM
Doesnt need saved

lothario-da-be
10-07-2013, 06:00 PM
I predict no.

Shahkulu101
10-07-2013, 06:03 PM
Uncharted and The Last of Us are both first party linear games so thats a pretty bad comparison.

I don't get it - that doesn't affect graphics. Granted it is harder to create graphics for open world games but I was just wondering.

Uncharted 1 has moving foliage, can't blend in obviously. What does first party mean? What are ubisoft?

lothario-da-be
10-07-2013, 06:07 PM
I don't get it - that doesn't affect graphics. Granted it is harder to create graphics for open world games but I was just wondering.

Uncharted 1 has moving foliage, can't blend in obviously. What does first party mean? What are ubisoft?
It is harder to make better graphics in an open world game then a linear game. Thats a fact.

D.I.D.
10-07-2013, 06:10 PM

"First party" is totally the wrong term. That person should have said "platform exclusive" or something along those lines.

We've become very spoiled recently, so sometimes it's hard to remember that for years it was taken as read that an open world game could not possibly look anything like as good as a game with a restricted set of linear paths. It's partly thanks to AC that we don't think that way anymore, but we're prone to forget that when we see a great open world today, that means the company had to work incredibly hard and cleverly to make it so good.

On the single platform point, obviously it's much easier to program for just one of the console platforms, and as a result you can make a much nicer-looking game. You won't have to worry about making it work on multiple systems, so if it looks good on the dev kit you're golden.

ze_topazio
10-07-2013, 06:11 PM
What does first party mean? What are ubisoft?

First party studios are studios that are owned by the console maker, Naughty Dog belongs to Sony for example, Ubisoft is a third party studio.

Shahkulu101
10-07-2013, 06:11 PM
It is harder to make better graphics in an open world game then a linear game. Thats a fact.

I believe you missed the part when I said exactly that. :p

Now, what does he mean by first party?
EDIT:-

Wait nevermind, cheers guys. ^ makes sense.

pacmanate
10-07-2013, 06:13 PM
I believe you missed the part when I said exactly that. :p

Now, what does he mean by first party.

Naughty Dog, owned by Sony, first party developers.

pacmanate
10-07-2013, 06:15 PM
"First party" is totally the wrong term. That person should have said "platform exclusive" or something along those lines.

Actually, no. Platform exclusive is when a game is made by a developer that isnt owned by a single platform, eg Sony or Microsoft. An example of a Platform Exclusive game would be Sunset Overdrive by Insomniac games. They are 3rd Party developers, however Sunset Overdrive is Microsoft exclusive.

First Party means developers owned by Microsoft/Sony etc.

VictorAviram123
10-07-2013, 06:40 PM
While reading this I remembered what made me finish AC2 6 times... It had fun gameplay (too much linear but fun) and an amazing story. That's all I want. I can tell that ACIV will be fun as hell to play, very similar to FC3. I just want it to surprise me and deliver an attractive storyline like AC2. I want the POE again with the mystery they had in them, I want Edward to intervene in conspiracies like Ezio did (when he saved Medici's (?) brother and when he found out who the allies of Rodrigo Borgia were and went after them), I just want that. All of this things made me love Ezio not as a character, as an assassin. I don't care about the Assassins vs Templars in a whole, I care how Edward get into this world and help one side win (LOVED Haytham although he was a Templar, couldn't cared less about Connor's personal fight for justice). AC2 was the perfect AC game and all the games should be like him. I'm not saying that the series doesn't need to evolve, but you don't need to change that much! You've managed to achieve a perfect game that defined your series... no one asked you to change it. If someone didn't like AC2 he wouldn't enjoy AC3. For the first time, I won't pre-order ACIV, I want to to for the first review that will say that the series went back to it's roots.

Shahkulu101
10-07-2013, 06:44 PM
The best philosophy for anything: Do the same thing over and over again. (Usually called 'sticking to it's roots')

And by the way guy up there, Victor is it? AC2 could not have been further from the series roots.

shobhit7777777
10-07-2013, 06:55 PM
I think it will

At this point in the franchise I am only concerned with solid core gameplay - improving upon the established stuff and making it more robust.

Sort out the AI
Missions being more open ended
More tools to muck around

Basic stuff and I feel AC4 is right on track.

Besides unlike AC3 I actually like the open world in this one and the steps they've taken to make it seem more immersive and engaging. Naval combat, treasure islands, harpooning etc. are central to a Pirate experience at least...and fun.

VictorAviram123
10-07-2013, 07:10 PM
The best philosophy for anything: Do the same thing over and over again. (Usually called 'sticking to it's roots')

And by the way guy up there, Victor is it? AC2 could not have been further from the series roots.

You got it right, it's Victor. It's my opinion. For me AC1 was a prequel, a test of what can be achieved in this series, and that's why I think that AC2 is the game that can be considered as the roots of the series. I know that from my post you can understand that I don't like the changes in the series since AC2 but that's not true. I loved the brotherhood and the naval combat. I just think that if they should focus on perfecting the base (which should've happened after 5 games) and only then moving on to expanding the series. AC2 was the game that did just that and from there they could've just add other things. AC:R was the perfect example of what happens when you just keep adding things without even looking at the base.

Sushiglutton
10-07-2013, 07:12 PM
I feel pretty confident it will be a step in the right direction from AC3 in a few key areas:

1) A more exciting world to explore.
2) Better stealth in terms of detection and tools.
3) More open story missions.
4) A more cohesive experience in terms of the different activities/mechanics will blend together better.

If it achieves those things I'd be more than happy.

There are still some things I think it will not succeed in:

1) Cutting the really poor, generic side stuff like delivering letters etc. In the preview the map is described as being "freckled" with stuff to do. That means there will be a lot of really low quality busy work.
2) An interesting combat system.
3) More interactive parkour, making running from point A to B as fast as possible exciting.
4) Making sure auxiliary mechanics are of good enough quality and not of the "do ones never again"- variety.

poptartz20
10-07-2013, 07:32 PM
I don't care about the Assassins vs Templars in a whole,

whaa? That's just the main point of the game as a whole.. haha.

On topic Honestly when AC4 was first announced I was so skeptical, because I didn't know where the serious was going, I wasn't sold on much naval gameplay and I was still getting over AC3. But after getting to play it, and time to think about it. What we really all have to do is just give it a chance. For some the series doesn't need saving while for others it was dead long ago.

We can't really judge something we haven't fully played. Speculating is fun but that's just all it really is. lol. As I do care for the serious I hope it is a "life saver" The devs I think are really all out for this one! Ash himself said to me that it's not just a game anymore nor is it a job, he put his passion into the game! So hopefully it turns out great for most because you can never really please everyone. I am personally looking forward to it. Not sure when I'll buy it but still. *fingers crossed*

pirate1802
10-07-2013, 07:37 PM
I wasn't sold on much navel gameplay

I like where this went. Love me some navel gameplay in virgin islands

Shahkulu101
10-07-2013, 07:38 PM

Looked that up...respect bruh.

poptartz20
10-07-2013, 07:39 PM

Bwahahah! yeah... you see what I did there? ;)

Virgin Islands ya don't say! Lol!

pirate1802
10-07-2013, 07:42 PM
Bwahahah! yeah... you see what I did there? ;)

Virgin Islands ya don't say! Lol!

Next port: Thailand.

ArabianFrost
10-07-2013, 07:43 PM
To put it simply, it won't put the "Assassin" back in Assassin's Creed, but it's a step in the right direction and a slap back to reality for the devs to build upon the philosophy of freedom that AC1 started.

Hans684
10-07-2013, 07:51 PM

COD is a good example of 'sticking to it's roots'

ze_topazio
10-07-2013, 07:53 PM
I can't hide that when AC4 was announced i was immediately convinced, and that was because of pirates, it is very different from what we're used to, but, i mean, pirates, who never dreamed of being a pirate as a kid? if you didn't, you had a very sad childhood and i pity you, next you're telling me you never dreamed of being a ninja, a cowboy, a drag queen, a samurai, a viking, a cyborg, etc...

pirate1802
10-07-2013, 07:56 PM
I can't hide that when AC4 was announced i was immediately convinced, and that was because of pirates, it is very different from what we're used to, but, i mean, pirates, who never dreamed of being a pirate as a kid? if you didn't, you had a very sad childhood and i pity you, next you're telling me you never dreamed of being a ninja, a cowboy, a drag queen, a samurai, a viking, a cyborg, etc...

Agreed to all those, we had an awesome childhood.

ArabianFrost
10-07-2013, 07:57 PM
Who didn't want to be a drag queen when they were young?

pacmanate
10-07-2013, 07:57 PM
Black Flag is bringing a lot new, but I worry for the next installment.

lothario-da-be
10-07-2013, 07:59 PM
The one afther ac4?

STDlyMcStudpants
10-07-2013, 08:02 PM

There is a difference between difficult and time consuming.
Getting Every trophy in Killzone 2 is difficult.
Getting Every trophy in Tomb Raider 2013 is time consuming.

Assassin's Creed III could've looked a lot worse than it did.
If it had the time AC IV did it would look like Skyrim (Skyrim looked great for what it was)
But for an AC game to look like Skyrim coming out in 2011 or later would be laughable.

I don't think I can call an AC except for AC IV an open world game because they are broken off into sections like Borderlands...
You can't get to every place available without a loading screen taking you there.
An open world is 1 large map - Farcry, GTA, Skyrim..those types

IDK what I would call AC 1 through AC3..they belong in a category of their own.

lothario-da-be
10-07-2013, 08:12 PM
There is a difference between difficult and time consuming.
Getting Every trophy in Killzone 2 is difficult.
Getting Every trophy in Tomb Raider 2013 is time consuming.

Assassin's Creed III could've looked a lot worse than it did.
If it had the time AC IV did it would look like Skyrim (Skyrim looked great for what it was)
But for an AC game to look like Skyrim coming out in 2011 or later would be laughable.

I don't think I can call an AC except for AC IV an open world game because they are broken off into sections like Borderlands...
You can't get to every place available without a loading screen taking you there.
An open world is 1 large map - Farcry, GTA, Skyrim..those types

IDK what I would call AC 1 through AC3..they belong in a category of their own.
I never looked at it that way. You are right. AC is not a true open world game, but Rome and Constantinople were still pretty big open maps.

pacmanate
10-07-2013, 08:14 PM
The one afther ac4?

Yeah. Black Flag has a new bounty system, open caribbean, Naval, underwater. Im not saying the next installment cant have this, but I would rather it not have Naval as i dont want it in every future AC game. Caribbean is probably the most beautiful thing I have seen in AC and you cant replicate it, the bounty system makes sense for AC4 but might not in the next game, underwater makes sense for the open caribbean map but if it was just thrown into the next game which had no naval it might feel out of place.

STDlyMcStudpants
10-07-2013, 08:14 PM
I never looked at it that way. You are right. AC is not a true open world game, but Rome and Constantinople were still pretty big open maps.

That they were, very beautiful and fun as well.

VictorAviram123
10-07-2013, 08:16 PM
whaa? That's just the main point of the game as a whole.. haha.

It's hard for me to express my full opinion because English isn't my native language (Hebrew is), please forgive me for this poorly written opinion.
I think the right way of choosing my words would've been "I prefer" than "I don't care". I prefer a story centered around the main protagonist which gets into this world of endless fighting between those groups. In other words, I just prefer that the storyline of the game will be about the character and his part in the fight, not a storyline with a personal journey that has nothing to do with the big fight (AC3). I want to redeem myself by saying that one of the stories I enjoyed the most from the series is the one in the comics. I think that the comics really pushed the modern war between the factions even more than in AC2.

lothario-da-be
10-07-2013, 08:18 PM
Yeah. Black Flag has a new bounty system, open caribbean, Naval, underwater. Im not saying the next installment cant have this, but I would rather it not have Naval as i dont want it in every future AC game. Caribbean is probably the most beautiful thing I have seen in AC and you cant replicate it, the bounty system makes sense for AC4 but might not in the next game, underwater makes sense for the open caribbean map but if it was just thrown into the next game which had no naval it might feel out of place.
Ah worry in that way. I thought you ment they can't keep up the quality with the yearly releases. I fear for forced naval too. They should abandon it afther ac4 ( not if they make Connor sequel) Or make a new pirate game franchise. but keeping the 2 combined would be lame.

k4Anarky2011
10-07-2013, 08:21 PM
I hope so. Maybe after this we can finally go back to rooftops and stab people.

ArabianFrost
10-07-2013, 08:23 PM
I share your concerns. Everyone agrees AC4 land gameplay is similar to AC3, but they excuse that due to the pirating aspect which gives these mechanics a fresh sheathe. Without that pirate flavour, you have a barely upgraded game. Now that niche mechanics like Naval are out of the way, the next team really has to pour full concentration into the cores, otherwise, we'll get another AC3 that wants to do a lot on land gameplay, but fails at that. The biggest concern is that the devs would aim to make a "fresh" game every iteration, but in doing so, they see that they should just add niche mechanics that would be valid for one game, like Naval, and disregarding the cores. They'll just keep stuffing more and more non-AC mechanics under the claim that it's to keep the series "fresh". I hope this isn't the case. The cores need an overhaul. Social stealth needs an overhaul. Mission design needs an overhaul. COMBAT needs an overhaul. Let's have a series that focuses on these points rather than keeping them as they are and just adding irrelevant mechanics.

I just hope Jade won't be too weirded by the marriage requests. Darby isn't the only dev with "dedicated" fans.

lothario-da-be
10-07-2013, 08:24 PM
I hope so. Maybe after this we can finally go back to rooftops and stab people.
You can still do that in ac4 though.

Hans684
10-07-2013, 08:36 PM

I don't, it's made by the studio of Jade.

lothario-da-be
10-07-2013, 08:39 PM
Its not like she made ac1 and that she is making the next game.

pirate1802
10-07-2013, 08:40 PM
You can still do that in ac4 though.

no in ac4 i unly be pyite and blw up shpz

Hans684
10-07-2013, 08:42 PM
Its not like she made ac1 and that she is making the next game.

Correct but since she was a part of the original, her AC may be affected by the original concept.

Sushiglutton
10-07-2013, 08:43 PM

Has this been confirmed yet, or is it still a rumour?

lothario-da-be
10-07-2013, 08:43 PM
no in ac4 i unly be pyite and blw up shpz
Xplosions nd pyrts only? No stelth nd assn stufff?

lothario-da-be
10-07-2013, 08:45 PM
Confirmed i think. Not sure.

ze_topazio
10-07-2013, 08:48 PM
It's amazing to think that as we speak AC5 is already halfway through its development and AC6 is on its early stages.

ArabianFrost
10-07-2013, 08:49 PM

She is the one that confirmed it herself. Still, she had an executive position, not a creative one. She approved what was in the game, so I doubt her being on the team would add much ti the creative process, but I at least hope that when she chooses the dev team, she has the mindset of AC1.

Sushiglutton
10-07-2013, 08:51 PM
She is the one that confirmed it herself. Still, she had an executive position, not a creative one. She approved what was in the game, so I doubt her being on the team would add much ti the creative process, but I at least hope that when she chooses the dev team, she has the mindset of AC1.

Well if it's Toronto that means Splinter Cell devs, which means a lot of stealth know how. At least I think so :)

lothario-da-be
10-07-2013, 08:57 PM
Well if it's Toronto that means Splinter Cell devs, which means a lot of stealth know how. At least I think so :)
Far cry 3 influences for ac4. Splinter cell for ac5. I hope it makes the games better. :)

ArabianFrost
10-07-2013, 09:09 PM

It's Toronto, the same studio that made Blacklist. They make stealth games, but not combat or social stealth games. Let's just hope AC5 isn't too environmentally stealthy and has some social stealth to it.

lothario-da-be
10-07-2013, 09:12 PM
It's Toronto, the same studio that made Blacklist. They make stealth games, but not combat or social stealth games. Let's just hope AC5 isn't too environmentally stealthy and has some social stealth to it.
Have we actually already seen social stealth for ac4? I can't remember anything.

pacmanate
10-07-2013, 09:12 PM
Why does Jade ring a bell?

help

ze_topazio
10-07-2013, 09:15 PM
Far cry 3 influences for ac4. Splinter cell for ac5. I hope it makes the games better. :)

Rayman influences for ac6.

lothario-da-be
10-07-2013, 09:21 PM
Rayman influences for ac6.
lol, modern day ac game the next year with watch dogs influence.

ze_topazio
10-07-2013, 09:21 PM
Why does Jade ring a bell?

help

This nice lady

http://windsormedia.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/12/17/jade.jpg

Executive producer of AC1 and 2.

ArabianFrost
10-07-2013, 09:30 PM
This nice lady

She's not active on Twitter though :-/ We won't get our good guy dev to answer our twitter questions a 1000 times. I'm really going to miss Ashraf and Darby. They're such enjoyable devs to see marketing the game.

Jexx21
10-07-2013, 09:42 PM
I share your concerns. Everyone agrees AC4 land gameplay is similar to AC3, but they excuse that due to the pirating aspect which gives these mechanics a fresh sheathe. Without that pirate flavour, you have a barely upgraded game. Now that niche mechanics like Naval are out of the way, the next team really has to pour full concentration into the cores, otherwise, we'll get another AC3 that wants to do a lot on land gameplay, but fails at that. The biggest concern is that the devs would aim to make a "fresh" game every iteration, but in doing so, they see that they should just add niche mechanics that would be valid for one game, like Naval, and disregarding the cores. They'll just keep stuffing more and more non-AC mechanics under the claim that it's to keep the series "fresh". I hope this isn't the case. The cores need an overhaul. Social stealth needs an overhaul. Mission design needs an overhaul. COMBAT needs an overhaul. Let's have a series that focuses on these points rather than keeping them as they are and just adding irrelevant mechanics.

I just hope Jade won't be too weirded by the marriage requests. Darby isn't the only dev with "dedicated" fans.

You do realize that the actual game mechanics in AC3 were excellent right? The only issue was guard detection and mission and map design, which is being improved upon in AC4.

They don't excuse the land gameplay being the same as AC3 because of the naval aspect, they excuse because it's better in terms of design.

Jexx21
10-07-2013, 09:45 PM

yea, because a studio that can work on hiding stealth can't work on social stealth, apparently.

Let's not get our panties in a twist here over nothing.

Blacklist is amazing by the way.

pacmanate
10-07-2013, 10:42 PM
This nice lady

Hellooooo :p

k4Anarky2011
10-07-2013, 11:01 PM
Hellooooo :p
Stay your... blade... from the flesh of an innocent! :o

SixKeys
10-07-2013, 11:10 PM
You do realize that the actual game mechanics in AC3 were excellent right? The only issue was guard detection and mission and map design, which is being improved upon in AC4.

NPC AI in general was bad (God, I hated having to babysit Lance or Charles Lee during tailing missions), hiding mechanics were bad, fast travel system was bad, crafting was bad, certain combat moves were too unreliable (human shield).... When you tally everything together, there aren't actually a lot of mechanics that were solid in AC3.

adventurewomen
10-07-2013, 11:10 PM
I miss Jade as an executive producer for AC.

Jexx21
10-07-2013, 11:22 PM
NPC AI in general was bad (God, I hated having to babysit Lance or Charles Lee during tailing missions), hiding mechanics were bad, fast travel system was bad, crafting was bad, certain combat moves were too unreliable (human shield).... When you tally everything together, there aren't actually a lot of mechanics that were solid in AC3.

How were the hiding mechanics bad, how was the fast travel system bad, and I had no problem with pulling off human shields.

Crafting itself wasn't bad, it was the clunky UI.

D.I.D.
10-08-2013, 12:41 AM
Actually, no. Platform exclusive is when a game is made by a developer that isnt owned by a single platform, eg Sony or Microsoft. An example of a Platform Exclusive game would be Sunset Overdrive by Insomniac games. They are 3rd Party developers, however Sunset Overdrive is Microsoft exclusive.

First Party means developers owned by Microsoft/Sony etc.

I know what a first party dev is, but that's not the issue here, not directly.

If we were talking about a 100% first party dev like 343 or any of the SCE studios, it would be more relevant to the discussion: they make phenomenal games because they've got the direct involvement of the best technical minds - people who absolutely know the hardware inside and out. Not all first party devs are equal, and Naughty Dog is obviously privileged with lots of specialist information and help, but not to the extent of SCE... and that's not particularly the reason why TLOU is so slick. The real issue is that ND only has to think about single Sony consoles. If there was only one PC configuration, it wouldn't matter if no one company owned it - every PC developer would have the same advantage of working on one closed system.

SixKeys
10-08-2013, 12:54 AM
How were the hiding mechanics bad, how was the fast travel system bad, and I had no problem with pulling off human shields.

You must have been lucky with the human shields, then. Even the devs have acknowledged in various interviews that they've been tweaking it in AC4 to make it work more consistently as a lot of people had trouble with it before.

Fast travel was bad because when you wanted to travel from the Frontier to Boston, for example, you wouldn't actually travel to Boston, but to the very edge of the Frontier, from where you would have to walk to Boston. (After which it still asked you for confirmation: "Are you absolutely sure you want to travel to Boston?" Well, if I already came this far...) Fast travel points within a city had to be unlocked through the dreadful and tedious tunnel traversal.

The hiding mechanics were unreliable as well. Many times you would run up to two NPCs that looked like a blend group, but not blend because the game didn't read them as a blendable pair. When you had groups where Connor was able to mimic the NPCs actions, it would take forever for him to find his position, long enough that the guards hot on your tail would catch up to you before you were able to blend. Stalking zones were unpredictable: sometimes Connor would stand straight up when reaching the edge of the stalking zone, even though graphically it looked like he should still be hidden.

Crafting itself wasn't bad, it was the clunky UI.

Same difference. If you wanted to craft 5 nails, you would have to craft each component individually. If you wanted to send 10 bear rugs on a ship overseas, you would have to manually add each indidividual rug. How does that even make sense? A bloody merchant ship can't fit more than a handful of bear rugs into its cargo?
In addition to the clunkiness, some items that you could only craft once - like Ben Franklin's inventions, holsters or weapon pouches - would not be greyed out in the inventory, so it would be easy to forget whether you had already crafted them or not.

Jexx21
10-08-2013, 01:20 AM
i had no trouble blending in with any random two people in crowds, If I want to fast travel from the frontier to Boston, all I do is zoom out untill I see the map of America, zoom into the boston icon, and then fast travel to a fast travel icon in boston itself.

pirate1802
10-08-2013, 03:19 AM
Stay your... blade... from the flesh of an innocent! :o

HAHAHAHA this cracked me up xDD

STDlyMcStudpants
10-08-2013, 04:33 AM
Is anyone else afraid that ubi started making a pirate game that felt too much like ac so they said why not? lets name him edward kenway haha
I mean let's be honest...
This game is completely different in terms of layout and customization than the previous 5 :D
And it explains why there arent that many cut scenes ;D ;D

pirate1802
10-08-2013, 04:35 AM
Is anyone else afraid that ubi started making a pirate game that felt too much like ac so they said why not? lets name him edward kenway haha
I mean let's be honest...
This game is completely different in terms of layout and customization than the previous 5 :D
And it explains why there arent that many cut scenes ;D ;D

So if a game is similar to the previous ones, its same **** different day. But it is completely different from them its Pirate's Creed now?

Let's be honest, people are gonna ***** regardless of what the devs do.

Dictatroll
10-08-2013, 04:37 AM
Ubisoft should really look at this video made by Gamespot.com http://www.gamespot.com/shows/the-point/?event=what-happened-to-assassins-creed-20131002 , it really shows how a lot of AC fans HARDCORE fans feel about what happened to the series.

STDlyMcStudpants
10-08-2013, 04:38 AM
So if a game is similar to the previous ones, its same **** different day. But it is completely different from them its Pirate's Creed now?

Let's be honest, people are gonna ***** regardless of what the devs do.
I want the same **** though...
I dont buy Assassins Creed to play skyrim -_-

pirate1802
10-08-2013, 04:58 AM
I want the same **** though...

And many don't. Point being that you can't please everyone. There are gonna be pissed fans no matter what you do.

I dont buy Assassins Creed to play skyrim -_-

Then don't buy it, problem solved.

Ubisoft should really look at this video made by Gamespot.com http://www.gamespot.com/shows/the-point/?event=what-happened-to-assassins-creed-20131002 , it really shows how a lot of AC fans HARDCORE fans feel about what happened to the series.

A lot of HARDCORE fans feel his point about the Animus is complete bull. But his point about AC games coming off like products from assembly lines is spot on by the way. There's a separate thread on that video, you should look at the responses there.

Jexx21
10-08-2013, 05:21 AM

yea no.

I-Like-Pie45
10-08-2013, 05:28 AM
GameSpot sucks

Locopells
10-08-2013, 10:28 AM
I love how hardcore means you're not allowed to evolve and like new changes/directions, etc - and if you do you can't really be a fan...

pacmanate
10-08-2013, 10:31 AM
I love how hardcore means you're not allowed to evolve and like new changes/directions, etc - and if you do you can't really be a fan...

I consider myself a hardcore AC fan, but I am really critical too, only because I want changes for the better. The best fans criticize, the ones that want change and want to evolve the franchise

Locopells
10-08-2013, 11:07 AM
That's more like it...

roostersrule2
10-08-2013, 12:39 PM
I love how hardcore means you're not allowed to evolve and like new changes/directions, etc - and if you do you can't really be a fan...I wouldn't say that, hardcore fan just means that you play it lots and love it lots and you're good at it and you know lots of it.

Some people don't like changes others make, some do it has nothing do with being hardcore or not.

Mr_Shade
10-08-2013, 01:08 PM
Some don't like change either...

Locopells
10-08-2013, 01:19 PM
I should add that I meant that that's the way some people see it - I and others don't, hence my grumble at those that do, since it doesn't make sense to me.

But hey, whatever...

roostersrule2
10-08-2013, 01:19 PM
Some don't like change either...It was meant to say change not choice :p

Mr_Shade
10-08-2013, 01:20 PM
:cool:

STDlyMcStudpants
10-08-2013, 06:48 PM
Then don't buy it, problem solved.

Please name a single moment in history when ignoring a problem solved it....
Such an ignorant thing to say
"If you have an opinion of what you don't want happening to AC don't buy the game that none of us have played yet because that's what it's like"
- you

pacmanate
10-08-2013, 06:50 PM
"If you have an opinion of what you don't want happening to AC don't buy the game that none of us have played yet because that's what it's like"
- you

Obamaca... oh

STDlyMcStudpants
10-08-2013, 06:53 PM
I have no problem with the game progressing and adding to a successful formula...
I do however have a problem with them changing the formula that looks a little bit too much like other games formulas
It's Far Skyrim's Creed IV
If it comes to review day and I'll just name 4 reviewers..
Rev3Games, IGN, GameSopt, Angry Joe
If NONE of them mention Skyrim in their review I will never say anything bad about Assassin's Creed IV's world and loayout.
But if they do ;))))))))
idk yet lol...
Of course they will say FC3 because that team helped....
But AC IV seems more of a copy cat game than an AC game
What Darksider is to God of War, Zelda, and Portal ;D
Sorry :X
But I havent played it yet..hopefully im wrong...these are just my first impressions...

STDlyMcStudpants
10-08-2013, 06:54 PM
Obamaca... oh
lol i said solved! :D

Jexx21
10-08-2013, 07:29 PM
Black Flag doesn't look like skyrim at all..

STDlyMcStudpants
10-08-2013, 07:39 PM
Black Flag doesn't look like skyrim at all..

We will see...

pacmanate
10-08-2013, 09:25 PM
We will see...

Black Flag looking like Skyrim? Wat

luckyto
10-08-2013, 10:35 PM
To be honest, I can't be more excited to hear that they are polishing existing systems and cutting out ones that work. Needed to do that in ACR and AC3. Polish. Polish. Polish. The biggest mistake that gamers make is asking for "new systems" and the results are usually disastrous (tower defense.) Every so often you get a rare gem, but "new" should be handled very very cautiously in any franchise.

For the article, I thought it was spot on. I think he summed up the general fan sentiment better than anywhere I've ever read. The forums here are filled with diehard fans or haters, and are rarely blessed with more balanced viewpoints. Not hating on you guys, I think we are all a bit too vested to be objective, and that's not a bad thing, it just is. IGN and most other media outlets are too totally clueless - it's like reading reviews from n00bs who think they know something about the game. What this guy said actually meshes up with what I get from other gamers I talk to in real life.

This is a make-or-break for the series. The best news is that Ubi didn't hide their game. That tells me that they have a very very finished product they are shipping. And frankly, that's the best news in many years for the franchise.

Personally, I'm the fan of the "historical tourism." To me, this game sounds like a blast. It's one of the many things I appreciate about the series, along with fluid controls and good combat (which I'm hoping for.) Can't wait to find out if everything comes together -

STDlyMcStudpants
10-08-2013, 11:16 PM
Black Flag looking like Skyrim? Wat
It's formula looks like skyrim...
Big open land/ocean
A few main cities that we will hardly spend time in other than to continue the story and upgrade our stuff
and 1 billion linear dungeons ;D ;D
All speculation of course
We will know for sure in 20 days though lol

roostersrule2
10-09-2013, 07:20 AM
Big open land/ocean
A few main cities that we will hardly spend time in other than to continue the story and upgrade our stuff
We will know for sure in 20 days though lolAC4 is not Skyrim, we wont know in 20 days, we know now.

pirate1802
10-09-2013, 07:32 AM
Big open land/ocean
We will know for sure in 20 days though lol

I'm sorry but did you just compare the tiny "cities" of Skyrim to the hugeass AC cities? We'll hardly spend time in cities? lolol If anything AC4 should be compared to Farcry 3

Whatever you are on bro, It seems awesome. Do pass it on to me..

roostersrule2
10-09-2013, 07:35 AM
I'm sorry but did you just compare the tiny "cities" of Skyrim to the hugeass AC cities? We'll hardly spend time in cities? lolol If anything AC4 should be compared to Farcry 3

Whatever you are on bro, It seems awesome. Do pass it on to me..Junkie.

But yea AC4 is nothing like Skyrim , it all stemmed from the argument about the Jungles being linear like Skyrims dungeons, I don't see how that makes two games the same, but STD pieced it together.

pirate1802
10-09-2013, 07:38 AM

This is a "problem" only to you so please don't make it look like a great philosophical issue.

Says the one who thinks AC4 will be Skyrim. My iron knee...

- you

Well yeah, you buy AC games to play AC, not to play Skyrim. The game looks like Skyim to you, so what to do? Play other games and wait for a better AC game no?

"don't buy the game that none of us have played yet because that's what it's like"

lolol says the one who is dead sure AC4 will be Skyrim without even playing. Awesome mate ;D

pirate1802
10-09-2013, 07:41 AM
Junkie.

But yea AC4 is nothing like Skyrim , it all stemmed from the argument about the Jungles being linear like Skyrims dungeons, I don't see how that makes two games the same, but STD pieced it together.

That jungle wasn't even linear. The starting was, but then you could navigate it any way you want. Same goes for other islands and plantations. Didn't the 15 min open world demo show one island and how there are various ways of traversing it? "million linear dungeons"... lol.

roostersrule2
10-09-2013, 07:43 AM
That jungle wasn't even linear. The starting was, but then you could navigate it any way you want. Same goes for other islands and plantations. Didn't the 15 min open world demo show one island and how there are various ways of traversing it? "million linear dungeons"... lol.Indeed, the Mysteriosa island had a couple ways to do it and that was just one island there are heaps out there.