PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag Developer Interview

haydesj
10-07-2013, 12:32 PM
Hey guys, I hope I'm posting on the right forum here, if not I apologise. I recently had the opportunity to interview Michael Hampton, the Senior Game Designer for AC4 this weekend just gone at the EB Expo in Australia. It was a great honor to meet him and talk to him about the game as I had just had a hands on with it on the PS4. You can check out the interview here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MxuPXETOoQ.

I apologise in advance for the poor sound quality on my end as it was my first time using that audio capturing device and I did make a mistake at the beginning by referring to it as Assassins Creed 3.... I focused mainly on the gameplay features of the game rather than next-gen as I feel that the next-gen horse has been beaten to death by the media over the last few months. This was my first interview so any constructive criticism is welcomed and I hope you enjoy the interview. I will also be making a video on the EB Expo which will heavily feature my experience playing Assassins Creed 4 and Battlefield 4 among other games, so subscribe for more if you would like to see it.

Haydesj :)

roostersrule2
10-07-2013, 12:44 PM
I remember you from those RLL2 videos haha.

Some new info like how you'll see videos, pieces of writing etc. of Ezio and Altair.

Sushiglutton
10-07-2013, 01:10 PM
I thought this was a very well made interview and I liked your focus on mechanics as few do that, but is an area I hope Ubi will focus a lot more on for future AC games. I like their focus on reducing the amount of cinematics and keeping the player in the action as much as possible.

haydesj
10-07-2013, 09:40 PM
Don't remind me Roosters, those weren't exactly the glory days :P And thanks Sushi, it's great to hear positive feedback :)