PDA

View Full Version : Game crashing, going to desktop.............

Meisterdog
05-07-2004, 12:49 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmm, i am willing to bet i know the answer to my question alreday, but i want to get it comfirmed before i give up.

when i try to launch a level (the game runs, but this happens in the middle of actually trying to load the level up) the game just goes to desk top.

the config utility gives 3 things that do not meet requierments on this comp, they are:

CPU frequency 1000 meghurtz or higher, i have 908

64 megabyte vido memory or higher, i have 32

Required pixel shader support Inadaquit pixle shader suport dectected

are any of these three things enouph to cause this crash, or is it something else.

Meisterdog
05-07-2004, 12:49 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmm, i am willing to bet i know the answer to my question alreday, but i want to get it comfirmed before i give up.

when i try to launch a level (the game runs, but this happens in the middle of actually trying to load the level up) the game just goes to desk top.

the config utility gives 3 things that do not meet requierments on this comp, they are:

CPU frequency 1000 meghurtz or higher, i have 908

64 megabyte vido memory or higher, i have 32

Required pixel shader support Inadaquit pixle shader suport dectected

are any of these three things enouph to cause this crash, or is it something else.

Thamar
05-07-2004, 01:08 PM
More than likely it's the video card...if you don't meet the video card requirements for the game it flat out won't run. It'll probably run ok with a 908 mhz processor.

Thamar

lucky_shot04
05-07-2004, 01:08 PM
To answer your question, yes this will cause it to crash. I had the same problem and had to buy a new graphics card, but now it works fine. I needed to upgrade anyway, but the pixel shader problem will cause this. I don't know about the other two, maybe just slow the game down. If you do upgrade graphics card, make sure to look at the supported cards. Many people have jumped the gun, including myself. But your problem was the exact same one I had.

Meisterdog
05-07-2004, 01:45 PM
well, actually i find myself in a uniq situation. i am an exchange studend, and my comp is at home. i am using the comp of the youth who is in america, while i am here in europe. this comp is using a geforce 2 but my comp back home is using 2 gig of ram, 2gighertz proseser, and a nice geforce 4600, that should run it, so ill just have to wait till i get back home to play it. no big deal. thanks for letting me know though, before i teared the comp apart trying to find a problem.