PDA

View Full Version : Battle Spoils legacy and wealth score

Big_panda_bear
10-05-2013, 07:24 PM
Does anyone know if the gold obtained from the battle spoils legacy contributes to the wealth score of a player?

filipd81
10-06-2013, 09:37 AM
Does anyone know if the gold obtained from the battle spoils legacy contributes to the wealth score of a player?

No, it doesn't. Only produced resources do, maintenance is subtracted.

AndreanDW
10-06-2013, 02:11 PM
and awards from rifts, ranks, ...

filipd81
10-06-2013, 02:39 PM
but not resources gained through NPC fights in town regions

Big_panda_bear
10-07-2013, 04:57 PM
I asked support team and they tell me gold from battle spoils does contribute to wealth score.

filipd81
10-08-2013, 07:59 AM
I asked support team and they tell me gold from battle spoils does contribute to wealth score.

2 weeks ago I defended a siege with my heir - 6M vs 12M. I got 2.4M gold from battle spoils 6 and the same day I needed less than 1.5M to rank 10 wealth. I achieved it the day after the battle. I wonder how the support will explain this. Maybe there's some conversion ratio?

AndreanDW
10-08-2013, 09:15 AM
maybe it is capped at the level that additionally fits into your town ...

Big_panda_bear
10-08-2013, 02:39 PM
2 weeks ago I defended a siege with my heir - 6M vs 12M. I got 2.4M gold from battle spoils 6 and the same day I needed less than 1.5M to rank 10 wealth. I achieved it the day after the battle. I wonder how the support will explain this. Maybe there's some conversion ratio?

I asked them again and they said they were "misinformed", whatever that means, and that battle spoils does not add to wealt ranking.
I guess vestige rewards add to wealth ranking then, as that is the only explaination to the 500k wealth score jumps I often see from the players in another alliance.

LordBadFish
10-09-2013, 04:28 AM
There are quite a few things that can result in a jump in Wealth score:
- Resource rewards from Vestiges
- Asha's Gifts
- Quest rewards
- Ranking rewards (i.e. last wealth threshold reward will cause that kind of ~500k jumps)

Big_panda_bear
10-09-2013, 01:59 PM
There are quite a few things that can result in a jump in Wealth score:
- Resource rewards from Vestiges
- Asha's Gifts
- Quest rewards
- Ranking rewards (i.e. last wealth threshold reward will cause that kind of ~500k jumps)

The first is the only possible option in this case.

MartyAmodeo
10-09-2013, 09:29 PM
The first is the only possible option in this case.

How do you know that? Rank rewards can be cashed in at any point in time. Most players hold on to them for a time when they need them, especially the large gold ones. The rank rewards with resources definitely cause jumps on the order of 500k because of the valuation of the commons and rares in them.

filipd81
10-09-2013, 10:22 PM
How do you know that? Rank rewards can be cashed in at any point in time. Most players hold on to them for a time when they need them, especially the large gold ones. The rank rewards with resources definitely cause jumps on the order of 500k because of the valuation of the commons and rares in them.

As usual you read what you like

Here is the answer:

I guess vestige rewards add to wealth ranking then, as that is the only explaination to the 500k wealth score jumps I often see from the players in another alliance.

There are no rank rewards of 500k, there are only 2 smaller which come close. If this happens often then one-off bonus can not explain it, right?

Actually there is another explanation but I won't mention it as it is an exploit, one of those that are in the support's favorite "gray" zone.

Big_panda_bear
10-09-2013, 11:16 PM

Here is the answer:

There are no rank rewards of 500k, there are only 2 smaller which come close. If this happens often then one-off bonus can not explain it, right?

Actually there is another explanation but I won't mention it as it is an exploit, one of those that are in the support's favorite "gray" zone.

Does this involve using alot of seals or alot of real money?

MartyAmodeo
10-10-2013, 07:28 AM

As usual, your editorial comment is both inappropriate and unnecessary.

Here is the answer:

The rank reward of 47/47, 22/22/22/22 gets evaluated at 2k per common, 4k per rare, which comes out to 540k wealth. That one is in the wealth tree, and there is a similar one in the domination tree. While this is not the correct valuation of commons and rares, I have noted the score jump as if it were.

filipd81
10-10-2013, 01:36 PM
@paladin_of_my_boots: :p

Does this involve using alot of seals or alot of real money?
No. It is a side effect of the game mechanics. I can't say more.

Big_panda_bear
10-10-2013, 04:35 PM
@paladin_of_my_boots: :p

No. It is a side effect of the game mechanics. I can't say more.

Thanks, I know the trick now.

filipd81
10-11-2013, 12:45 PM
I have just registered to an old server. I immediately got from Asha enough T4 to rank up and get the domination rank 2 reward which is 16 rare and 12 common. Before taking the resources I registered my wealth score: 1,000 points. After that I used the reward and my wealth score became 45,000 points. 44k difference which means that resources from rank rewards are valued 2k per rare and 1k per common.

dre.maa
10-11-2013, 07:45 PM
Does your wealth score go up when you sell artifacts? If so, your score could go up by 10-80k at a time. My wealth score never seems to change when I buy or sell resources (unless it is changing and I am not noticing it).

I don't understand how vestige rewards could give a 500k boost to wealth at a time, when the most I thought you could get was 125,500 gold, 125 rares, or 251 commons? Those would be 125.5k, 250k, or 251k. Also, isn't there a limit on how often you can build a vestige? Or is there a way to remove the 2-day cooldown?

The largest Asha's reward I have seen is: 75,000 gold; 50 wood AND ore; or 50 of one rare. That would only boost it by 75k-100k.

Most of the quest rewards that are monetary based are rather small I thought. The biggest one I have ever seen is from the vestige (25/25/50,000 = 100k). The next highest I have seen is the donate town (50k) and 15% losses (40k).

If you had 13 cities, I would imagine it would be easy to produce a large amount of wealth each day. I usually can produce 40k from a gold mine, ~18 rares (36k), ~35 commons (35k) and ~15k from capitol. That would be about (15+35x4)x13 = 2015k per day of wealth generated (less maint., would still be >>500k).

I am not sure how the updating of rankings works, as I know that my ranks page does not always match my profile page unless I refresh the browser.

And if there is an exploit, wouldn't it be wise to mention it so that it can be investigated/fixed? How do you know the people on his/her world aren't using the exploit?

I really wish there was an equation somewhere that explained where the three scores came from exactly. Since maintenance counts against your wealth score, do you also lose wealth when you spend gold to buy troops/buildings/improvements/upgrades?

filipd81
10-13-2013, 07:42 AM
I really wish there was an equation somewhere that explained where the three scores came from exactly. Since maintenance counts against your wealth score, do you also lose wealth when you spend gold to buy troops/buildings/improvements/upgrades?

I think the logic behind the wealth score is smth like this:
- wealth = income of resources, maintenance is negative income
- rank rewards, rewards from rifts, vestige rewards, asha gifts contribute to the wealth score - all rewards and a net income for the kingdom
- resources gained through npc battles, battle spoils, through market speculations or resources spent for whatever are not considerd income (positive or negative) - they are consequences of the player's manipulation and not smth actually produced

Here is what I know about domination score:
- current army poiwer, town buildins, regional buildings, half of town and regional buildgins of donated towns contribute to the score
- troops to be recruited and dead troops do not contribute to the score
- territory doesn't contribute to the domination score

Honor as far as I know is calculated like this:
- XP gained through all kind of battles, rank rewards and vestige rewards contributes to the score
- XP gained through upgrading/improving mines, buildging regional buildgins or by scouting doesn't contribute to the honor score
- not sure about XP from meditation

AndreanDW
10-13-2013, 03:04 PM
XP from mediation counts

dre.maa
10-13-2013, 04:22 PM
@Wealth: Why do Asha's gift, rank reward, rift rewards and vestiges count, but not npc battles?

@Domination: Is there anywhere that it says what regional buildings are worth? And do mines count?

@Honor: So when it says in the strategy guide "Finally, Honor is based on the sum of all the xps gained by all your heroes during combat or while scouting" it is just kidding about the scouting part?

AndreanDW
10-13-2013, 10:20 PM
1. ask the developer
2. what are regional buildings? I only heard that army and town buidings count
3. the problem is, there is information within: game itself, wiki, forum, strategy guide, and
some of the information is valid for old seasons/some kind of servers (PvP,PvE), and
the game is changed with every update, but
the developer doesn't know himselfe all the versions of the game, therefore
they sometimes include unwanted changes, and
the information is inconsistent within the different sources

in my opinion: ask forum > devloper journal > game master > ... > text within game (sometimes it is changed to the right after several years) > wiki

dre.maa
10-14-2013, 04:10 AM
2. The regional buildings are fields, T1-3 recruitment dwellings, resource silos, research buildings, fort, relay, hermit hut, vestige, obelisk, portal, and oven. I just don't understand how you can charge money for a game and not maintain explanations whatsoever. The best part is that I get an in-game mail about reading up on the dark elves on the wiki. Most of what I could find seemed outdated. It was talking about runic fortresses on PvP worlds... If it is supposed to be a wiki, why is it not changed ever?

Another question about scores:: What happens when you gain/lose a city? When you gain a city (through siege or gift) do domination and wealth scores go up? Stay the same? I realize if you are the one gifting the city, you get half of that domination, but do you lose the wealth that you had stored in that city and the other person get it? Or do you not lose it and the other person gets it (essentially double counting the resources)? Also, do pillages count towards wealth?

AndreanDW
10-14-2013, 07:40 AM
when you gain/loose a town you get/loose points in domination (because domination is the current status) - as well as you gain points in domination if you buy troops, and loose if you lost some within fight
when you loose a town you do not loose points in wealth but you get less points within the next days because your income decreased - wealth is a cumulated score

pillage does not count to (your) wealth (you do not get points for pillaged ressources), but decreases the (additional) wealth of the other (decreased income)

filipd81
10-14-2013, 05:20 PM
About regional buildgins:
http://wiki-mightandmagicheroeskingdoms.ubi.com/en/region-buildings-and-domination

As Andrean said it may be outdated.

dre.maa
10-18-2013, 12:12 AM
Does wealth increase when you gain a town through siege and/or gift?

LordBadFish
10-18-2013, 11:58 PM
Short answer is no, not directly. Long answer is yes, because your new city has mines that will contribute to your Wealth over time. Wealth represents the total amount of resources you have produced so far, not your "current cash position".

And because maintenance is netted against the Wealth score, in mid-late game, you can use it to get some precious info about your ennemy. For instance, when a player sends an attack against your grail, you can determine the size of the attack by looking at his Wealth score fluctuations. If its still going up, chances are its a fake attack. If he's losing 200-300k per hour, you better prepare to def :).

dre.maa
10-19-2013, 02:34 PM
Short answer is no, not directly. Long answer is yes, because your new city has mines that will contribute to your Wealth over time. Wealth represents the total amount of resources you have produced so far, not your "current cash position".

And because maintenance is netted against the Wealth score, in mid-late game, you can use it to get some precious info about your ennemy. For instance, when a player sends an attack against your grail, you can determine the size of the attack by looking at his Wealth score fluctuations. If its still going up, chances are its a fake attack. If he's losing 200-300k per hour, you better prepare to def :).

Thanks. I didn't know if the sudden influx of resources counted towards your wealth score like Gifts of Asha, Quest Rewards, Rank Rewards, Rift Rewards, and Vestige Rewards do. I don't understand why the previous five count, but not some of the other "influxes" of wealth (like pillaging and clearing npc's).