PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft please allow non americans to buy the Gold Edition on Steam

CptPakundo
10-05-2013, 10:55 AM
The way things are, on the US Steam store page, the $80 edition of AC4 is the Gold Edition, which contains more content and includes the Season pass, as opposed to the Digital Deluxe Edition, which is also up for $80 or 60 euros in some regions
I'm sorry, but we're talking about DIGITAL DISTRIBUTION here, so as much as I really am trying to remain reasonable here, I'm finding it hard to believe this is much more than regional discrimination.

But I will remain level headed, and simply ask the following:
Ubisoft, please allow everyone access to purchase the Gold Edition, which contains EVERYTHING AC4.
For anyone living in other regions this is unfair, as any non-american who'd want to buy AC4 would pay the same (or more, if in euros) for LESS content.

Frankly, I've also NEVER seen this kind of edition differences between regions on STEAM, that really is new to me.
Below I have attached 2 screenshots.

The first is directly from my Steam client.I am located in Israel, which means I get to pay in $USD, but I still get content mostly meant for Europe, although most of the time I simply get to buy ROW (Rest Of World) editions, which is never a problem.

The second screenshot is after I've opened the specific AC4 Steam Store page the way people in the USA see it.As you can see, if you live in the US, you could pay the same as I would, but unlike me, you'd get all Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag content ever, as opposed to me, as I would not get the Season Pass, and some additional minor content.

That is just not right in my eyes, and while I'm entitled to exactly NOTHING, I still think this is worth mentioning, and yes, even complaining about.

Israel Steam Store Page (Same thing as Europe, except price is in $USD)http://i.imgur.com/UoiccAS.jpg

United States Steam Store Page
http://i.imgur.com/obfMIqN.jpg

RRRudolf
10-05-2013, 11:14 AM
GOLD Edition (US) vs. DIGITAL-DELUXE Edition (EU) - [STEAM]

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/761093-Ubisoft%C2%AE-Assassin%E2%80%99s-Creed%C2%AE-IV-Black-Flag-Editions?p=9307156&viewfull=1#post9307156

Mr_Shade
10-05-2013, 05:52 PM
I have reported this - however Steam are a retailer - so it's down to them what they wish to carry.

I suggest you also contact Steam and make sure they know.

aidan_r
10-05-2013, 07:51 PM
Yeah I second this. I bought the AC3 deluxe edition on Steam so I could get all content up front for one price and that worked out well. I was expecting to do the same here but by the looks of it that won't be the case. Come on Ubisoft!

Solid-Snake-Eyes
10-08-2013, 03:19 PM
Steam US changed the name of the Gold edition today, it's now called the Digital Deluxe edition. Here is the description, they stopped listing separate pre-order bonuses for each edition but I'm not sure if there are any other changes:

Pre-Purchase Offer Pre-Purchase Assassin's Creed® IV Black Flag™ now and receive the following bonus items:

Captain Kenway's Legacy Pack: Golden Scimitars and Multiplayer Treasure Hunter Costume
Pirates Bounty Pack: German Rapiers & Compass Relic
Sacrificed Secrets Pack: Dark and dangerous treasure-hunting mission on Sacrifice Island; Unlock Captain Drake's Dual Swords and Pistols, Picture, Title, and Relics

Gold Edition Extra Content included in Assassin's Creed® IV Black Flag™ Gold Edition:

Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag™ Season Pass: Gives you all-in-one access to a new 3+ hour single-player story featuring Adewale, an ex-slave turned Assassin, the exclusive Kraken Ship Pack, plus multiplayer characters and much more!
Captain Kenway's Legacy Pack: Golden Scimitars and Multiplayer Treasure Hunter Costume
The Trove of Mystery Pack: Iron Wheel & Astrolabe Relic
Pirates Bounty Pack: German Rapiers & Compass Relic
Sacrificed Secrets Pack: Dark and dangerous treasure-hunting mission on Sacrifice Island; Unlock Captain Drake's Dual Swords and Pistols, Picture, Title, and Relics
Hidden Mystery Pack: Adventurous treasure-hunting mission on Mystery Island; Unlock Stede Bonnet's Ship, Costumes and other MP items
Black Island Pack: Dark and dangerous treasure-hunting mission on Black Island; Unlock the Deadly Black Ship and Captain Morgan's Silver Flintlock Pistols, Costume, Picture, and Title
Aveline Pack: 60 minutes of additional gameplay featuring Aveline de Grandpré from Assassin's Creed III Liberation; Unlockable Aveline ship figurehead

Solid-Snake-Eyes
10-08-2013, 06:19 PM
Okay now they renamed it back to Gold Edition, ignore my previous post I guess.

CptPakundo
10-09-2013, 10:30 PM
The issue remains unresolved.

Mithrandir464
10-18-2013, 08:43 PM
why will i need to pay extra 20 bucks becoz i live in europe
that is just ridiculous

YazX_
10-18-2013, 11:32 PM
why will i need to pay extra 20 bucks becoz i live in europe
that is just ridiculous

then dont buy it.

Mithrandir464
10-19-2013, 05:26 PM
then dont buy it.

then dont quate it

Mr_Shade
10-19-2013, 05:58 PM
hi,

The season pass is now available - to make up some of the content, for a small additional cost, which should bring it in line with the NA offers.

If they are listing any pre-order content, that is down to steam, so If you are uphappy with the selection offered, please make sure you are telling steam.

Mithrandir464
10-19-2013, 07:00 PM
hi,

The season pass is now available - to make up some of the content, for a small additional cost, which should bring it in line with the NA offers.

If they are listing any pre-order content, that is down to steam, so If you are uphappy with the selection offered, please make sure you are telling steam.

where is it
i cant find it on steam

Mr_Shade
10-19-2013, 07:57 PM
where is it
i cant find it on steam
The season pass?

www.assassinscreed.com/seasonpass

If it's not listed on steam - it will be before release - or - you can buy from the Uplay store:

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/en_GB/pd/ThemeID.8605700/productID.288585500/Assassins_Creed_®IV_Black_Flag™_-_Season_Pass.html

Mithrandir464
10-19-2013, 10:15 PM
The season pass?

www.assassinscreed.com/seasonpass

If it's not listed on steam - it will be before release - or - you can buy from the Uplay store:

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/en_GB/pd/ThemeID.8605700/productID.288585500/Assassins_Creed_®IV_Black_Flag™_-_Season_Pass.html

i prefer waiting for gold edition

ThaLulz
10-21-2013, 12:06 AM
hi,

I know this isn't your fault, but we still have to pay MORE money for LESS content! Then Ubisoft "solves" the issue by giving us the option to buy the season pass for another 20€, which the guys in the US get for FREE with the Gold Edition, which already containted more than the DDE. Which totals to us getting less for 80€ than the guys in the US get for $80.

Can you please explain this to me?

wegokr
10-22-2013, 06:35 PM
I know this isn't your fault, but we still have to pay MORE money for LESS content! Then Ubisoft "solves" the issue by giving us the option to buy the season pass for another 20€, which the guys in the US get for FREE with the Gold Edition, which already containted more than the DDE. Which totals to us getting less for 80€ than the guys in the US get for $80.

Can you please explain this to me?

Bump.
Please ubisoft, give us some proper answers.

Exiousa
10-23-2013, 11:53 AM
I am also awaiting this as an update. I mean does Ubisoft want the sales or not?? Some of us quite easily would snap this up, as long as they clarify!

YayaTourette
10-23-2013, 08:21 PM
Obviously they don't want any sales here, too. Have a look at the way the Uplay store and the UBIShop Website are maintained... this is ridiculous....

Mr_Shade
10-23-2013, 08:48 PM
The currently listed options - are what are available in your regions, if Steam as a retailer, have not added any new packs, then that's what is available.

The addition of the season pass, to bring the content in line, is the only option I can suggest - and what was suggested by the Store staff to attempt to bring them inline as close as possible..

If that is not something you can consider, I'm sorry but that is all I can suggest.

You should all contact steam, to check if any other versions are going to be made available, however it's unlikely this close to release.

Exiousa
10-23-2013, 09:14 PM
Appreciate the feedback Mr_Shade, better than nothing at all, unfortunate steam has decided to create different versions for the content they seem to have complete access too, I guess it is their marketing/sales division that drummed up this mess!

Ah well, thanks again ^_^

SnowJohn
10-24-2013, 11:16 AM
Well, let me explain how steamshop works.

Each publisher / developer has access to their personal page, and more specifically to steam SDK. On this page, p/d fills the game card, puts the price, including information about the editions in different regions. Everything. The information is then sent to the steam, and all that steam does - clicks "add". After that, the game will appear in the steam catalogue.

As you can see, it is the Ubisoft's fault, that they did not want to make Gold Edition available to all.

PS Sorry for my english, its not my native language. :)

wegokr
10-24-2013, 11:59 AM
Well, let me explain how steamshop works.

Each publisher / developer has access to their personal page, and more specifically to steam SDK. On this page, p/d fills the game card, puts the price, including information about the editions in different regions. Everything. The information is then sent to the steam, and all that steam does - clicks "add". After that, the game will appear in the steam catalogue.

As you can see, it is the Ubisoft's fault, that they did not want to make Gold Edition available to all.

PS Sorry for my english, its not my native language. :)

Indeed.
If this is steams fault, then how come the gold edition is not available on the uplay store either? (in EU)
Come on Ubisoft.

Exiousa
10-24-2013, 01:44 PM
SnowJohn, wegokr,

Good catch guys, did not even think about it with a clear head ^_^

You are both right if this was indeed isolated to steam, then EU Ubi would have the gold version, which it currently at time of writing this, does not!

Anykeyer
10-24-2013, 02:08 PM
Does US Uplay store have Gold Edition?

SnowJohn
10-24-2013, 03:10 PM
Does US Uplay store have Gold Edition?
Yes. For example, americans can get it from gamefly (http://digital.gamefly.com/#!/download-assassin's-creed-iv-black-flag-gold-edition/5006796) (Uplay version, not steam). Unfortunately, I can't purchased it, cause their written : "Region Restiction on Cart Add: The item cannot be added to the cart due to region restrictions on the product."

Well in this case I have only one question to Ubisoft: Are they really dividing world gamers in 2 categories: elite (America) and trash (Europe, etc)? Why europeans, asians, africans, etc have to pay the same price as US customers, but receive less content (I mean Season Pass)?

Honestly, I wanted to hear the official answer from Ubi's representatives, concerning this question.

Anykeyer
10-24-2013, 04:17 PM
Ahaha. I cant stop laughing now. Thanks for the link. It appears than even Papua New Guinea can have Gold Edition. But not european countries? This is even more stupid if you remember that Ubi is a french publisher.

Fabian160381
10-24-2013, 07:36 PM
Ahaha. I cant stop laughing now.

You can stop laughing now. ;) Greenmangaming and Gamefly have bundles available with the Digital Deluxe Edition + Season Pass.

Thanks Ubisoft. You listened and made an offer. I just placed my order.

SnowJohn
10-25-2013, 07:58 AM
Fabian160381
Its a good news. BUT! This pack still not available in uplay store (direct purchase) and steam.

----------------------------------------

Also, I received an answer from ubisoft support, concerning this terrible case:
"Sorry, but we have no information on this issue. As technical support Ubisoft, we are engaged in technical matters only.". GREAT. :)
I wrote not to "tech" support, but to support. Well, any suggestions to whom I can write?

Uranus888
10-25-2013, 12:53 PM
You can stop laughing now. ;) Greenmangaming and Gamefly have bundles available with the Digital Deluxe Edition + Season Pass.

Thanks Ubisoft. You listened and made an offer. I just placed my order.

Yes, they do have this "bundle" but the price of it doesn't correspond to the price US ppl get for the GE but it corresponds to the normal Uplay DDE + season pass with 25% OFF, so this doesn't answer the question why does the US market gets a product and the european market gets the same product for a much higher price.

Unless you say.."The europeans have enough money so they can pay more and we can rip them off and the poor americans have so many economic problems that we have to reduce the price on that market" and this doesn't even consider the fact that most european countries even have to pay additional VAT while US has no VAT ;-)

SnowJohn
10-27-2013, 09:52 AM
Well, any official news about Gold Edition for europeans? Why Ubisoft holds racist policies against the Europeans (pay more for less)?

Have a big wish to Mr_Shade: Can you address this question to Ubi? You are official moderator, that is why I think they'll give you some answers. Thanks in advance. :)

Exiousa
10-27-2013, 10:29 AM
The season pass is up available both on Ubi shop and Steam, but we have to pay to get the pass. So it looks like the Americans get the best value version compared to others, I cannot speak on behalf of the Australians and Asian areas on release, but certainly for EU it is there now.

At least we know that Ubisoft marketing department value money over gamers first, so we know where we stand on future releases, I am betting Watchdogs, The Division and other UBI upcoming releases will mirror the exact same thing!

wegokr
10-27-2013, 01:05 PM
If this is steams fault, then how come the gold edition is not available on the uplay store either? (in EU)
Come on Ubisoft.

Still waiting for a response. Please Ubi. Don't let us down.

SnowJohn
10-30-2013, 10:49 AM
Well, I'm a bit tired waiting for official response from Ubi concerning their racist policy towards europeans (pay more for less).

I was a loyal customer of their production for about 8 years, even when they created their awful DRM (always online for single-playing). AC4 is the last title that I bought. After that I'll pirate any wanted ubi title without any remorse. "Thank you" Ubi, you just create the new pirate by your own hands.

wegokr
11-04-2013, 04:53 PM
Bump.
Mr_Shade? Anyone?
Any news on this?

CptPakundo
11-04-2013, 05:06 PM
This is exactly the reason why neither Ubisoft nor Steam will get my money.
I will legally buy a game key of a pre-order of Gold Edition, and then activate it.

Yes, by that I will not be supporting the developers, rather the 3rd party key site, but that is simply my way of saying "I'm not buying into this crap."
Seriously, I'm not blaming any forum moderator for this, I'm blaming directly each and every person responsible for pricing and editions for the different regions, that has said "Yes, let's force Europeans to pay more for less, or just plainly pay more for the same thing North Americans pay for".

Solid-Snake-Eyes
11-04-2013, 10:10 PM
I will legally buy a game key of a pre-order of Gold Edition, and then activate it.

Yes, by that I will not be supporting the developers, rather the 3rd party key site, but that is simply my way of saying "I'm not buying into this crap."
Seriously, I'm not blaming any forum moderator for this, I'm blaming directly each and every person responsible for pricing and editions for the different regions, that has said "Yes, let's force Europeans to pay more for less, or just plainly pay more for the same thing North Americans pay for".
If that key you're talking about is truly legal then Ubisoft is getting your money, I don't know how you could come to a different conclusion.

CptPakundo
11-05-2013, 01:54 AM
Simple, really.
I'd rather buy the key from a website that sells game keys.
These websites buy retail copies of the game at a price that is somewhat lower than the one they sell them online.
Buying from them means paying a 3rd party only.

And if they don't have the Gold Edition, I may have to change something for me to able to buy it, one way or another.

Mr_Shade
11-05-2013, 11:55 AM
Bump.
Mr_Shade? Anyone?
Any news on this?
The versions listed - are the only ones which will be available, as I have posted before.

YazX_
11-05-2013, 01:17 PM

Yes, by that I will not be supporting the developers, rather the 3rd party key site.

you know that those websites get retail copies at lower prices from a supplier that imports thousands of copies (thats why its cheaper), open them and then upload these keys. so basically those keys are coming from Ubisoft, im not sure how you will NOT support developers by buying a key!

Any key bought for the game is supporting developers and the company regardless from where did you get it.

TheLeoCrow
11-05-2013, 08:12 PM
Well, GMG (http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=ceyocojo)has a voucher for 25% off any edition of AC4, including the Deluxe Edition + Season Pass so you can use the code TAREM-AC4BF-PROMO to pay 56,24 euros instead of 75 for the Deluxe Edition + Season Pass. I hope everything the gold edition has will be eventually be included in the season pass

gh0stw4lker
11-08-2013, 07:48 PM
It's really disappointing to see how Ubisoft treats people from regions other than NCSA. As someone who pre-ordered the Brotherhood DDE and the AC3 DDE on Steam, I would have liked to pre-order the complete pack for AC4 too. But seeing how Americans get the Season Pass for free really doesn't make me want to support this business practice.

From what I have seen here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/799728-A-question-about-AC4-Black-Flag-s-Steam-Gold-Edition?viewfull=1#post9311805), region locks could be in place. But Ubisoft removed (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/801867-Steam-Region-Locked) the run restriction from the Russian DDE. So they seem to be fine with people from other regions activating and running it. I wonder if the same goes for the Gold Edition.

Dag_B
11-08-2013, 10:41 PM
It's really disappointing to see how Ubisoft treats people from regions other than NCSA.
Help, I am stuck in some weird parallel universe!

Solid-Snake-Eyes
11-09-2013, 08:08 AM
From what I have seen here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/799728-A-question-about-AC4-Black-Flag-s-Steam-Gold-Edition?viewfull=1#post9311805), region locks could be in place. But Ubisoft removed (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/801867-Steam-Region-Locked) the run restriction from the Russian DDE. So they seem to be fine with people from other regions activating and running it. I wonder if the same goes for the Gold Edition.
The Gold Edition does not have any regional locks. http://steamdb.info/sub/32836/ That doesn't necessarily mean they're fine with it, but they aren't stopping you from running it in a different country.

gh0stw4lker
11-09-2013, 12:43 PM
Help, I am stuck in some weird parallel universe!
$1 = 1€ isn't unusual these days, but offering an exclusive version of the game to a certain region and locking out most of the world is.

The Gold Edition does not have any regional locks. http://steamdb.info/sub/32836/ That doesn't necessarily mean they're fine with it, but they aren't stopping you from running it in a different country.
I'm sure the Gold Edition gift would activate on Steam. But if I'm not wrong AC3 had 2-3 keys that needed to be transferred to Uplay. According to this (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/799728-A-question-about-AC4-Black-Flag-s-Steam-Gold-Edition?viewfull=1#post9311805) region locks could stop you from doing that. If that happens you're stuck with a non-functional game tied to your Steam (and Uplay?) account.

Dag_B
11-09-2013, 05:42 PM
$1 = 1€ isn't unusual these days, but offering an exclusive version of the game to a certain region and locking out most of the world is.
The point is, weeks ago all you read in the forum was something like "It's really disappointing to see how Ubisoft treats people from regions other than EMEA, as we do not get the Black Chest Edition".

Ergo: Me in bizzarro world, where people complain about the exact opposite.

Ubisoft isn't screwing any region they just have different deals. Some good (Black Chest, Gold Edition) some not (only a smaller limited Edition, only a normal Digital Deluxe Edition).
So the complain should be that different regions get different offers, not that some region is better treated than an other.

gh0stw4lker
11-09-2013, 06:44 PM
The point is, weeks ago all you read in the forum was something like "It's really disappointing to see how Ubisoft treats people from regions other than EMEA, as we do not get the Black Chest Edition".

Ergo: Me in bizzarro world, where people complain about the exact opposite.

Ubisoft isn't screwing any region they just have different deals. Some good (Black Chest, Gold Edition) some not (only a smaller limited Edition, only a normal Digital Deluxe Edition).
So the complain should be that different regions get different offers, not that some region is better treated than an other.
I didn't know about the Black Chest Edition. It seems like it was exclusive to the Uplay store. I agree that it's just as bad if it was EMEA exclusive. Although at 130€ I don't think as many people were affected as there are now.

On another note, there is no more incentive to pre-order the Gold Edition. The Resources Pack and the Collectibles Pack (http://shrani.si/f/2H/nL/4P9WV8ou/ac4.jpg) were removed. At this point the content of the Gold Edition is almost identical to the content of the DDE (except for the Season Pass it seems). They should add the Gold Edition for the other regions and the DDE for Americans. I don't see a problem when it's priced accordingly ($59.99/$69.99/$79.99 respectively 49.99€/59.99€/69.99€).

Solid-Snake-Eyes
11-09-2013, 07:05 PM

I'm sure the Gold Edition gift would activate on Steam. But if I'm not wrong AC3 had 2-3 keys that needed to be transferred to Uplay. According to this (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/799728-A-question-about-AC4-Black-Flag-s-Steam-Gold-Edition?viewfull=1#post9311805) region locks could stop you from doing that. If that happens you're stuck with a non-functional game tied to your Steam (and Uplay?) account.
I hadn't considered that, I have no idea if that would cause issues. It's certainly a risk, it would appear.

Fabian160381
11-19-2013, 09:12 PM
Yes, they do have this "bundle" but the price of it doesn't correspond to the price US ppl get for the GE but it corresponds to the normal Uplay DDE + season pass with 25% OFF, so this doesn't answer the question why does the US market gets a product and the european market gets the same product for a much higher price.

Unless you say.."The europeans have enough money so they can pay more and we can rip them off and the poor americans have so many economic problems that we have to reduce the price on that market" and this doesn't even consider the fact that most european countries even have to pay additional VAT while US has no VAT ;-)

Sorry, I have forgotten this thread. I mentioned Gamefly.co.uk. They sell the DDE + Season Pass for 45,73 Pound (74$ or 54€). Less than the GOLD Edition in North America - and Gamefly has an additional 20% off voucher code.

EP3nquin
11-19-2013, 09:48 PM
Fabian160381
Its a good news. BUT! This pack still not available in uplay store (direct purchase) and steam.

----------------------------------------

Also, I received an answer from ubisoft support, concerning this terrible case:
"Sorry, but we have no information on this issue. As technical support Ubisoft, we are engaged in technical matters only.". GREAT. :)
I wrote not to "tech" support, but to support. Well, any suggestions to whom I can write?

I would write to:

Ubisoft San Francisco :
Ubisoft Red Storm:

625 Third Street
San Francisco - CA 94107
Tel: +1 (415) 547 4000
Ubisoft/Red Storm Entertainment
2000 CentreGreen Way
Suite 300
Cary, NC 27513
Tel: +1 919 460 1776

Press Contact:

Michael Beadle
PR Associate Director
michael.beadle@ubisoft.com

taken from https://www.ubisoftgroup.com/en-US/press/press_contact.aspx?cid=tcm:99-28794

maybe there PR people can get the word to the sales people